April 17, 2024, 06:57:29 PM

Author Topic: Iranian soccer players suspended over "goosing"  (Read 2847 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Iranian soccer players suspended over "goosing"
« on: November 02, 2011, 07:31:49 AM »

A combo photo shows Iranian national soccer team defender Mohammad Nosrati (L) and Persepolis team football player Sheys Rezaei at the Azadi stadium, in Tehran. Iran's football federation on October 31, 2011, imposed indefinite bans on the two Persepolis players Nosrati and his teammate Rezaei for their "immoral acts" during goal celebrations, state television's website reported. Footage on YouTube shows Nosrati pinching his teammate Rezaei's bottom as they celebrated a goal against Damash.
Photograph by: ATTA KENARE, AFP/Getty Images

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Soccer+Iranian+players+suspended+over+goosing/5640570/story.html#ixzz1cYSvqs70

TEHRAN - Iran's football federation has suspended two players from the top team involved in an "inappropriate" goal celebration, the ISNA news agency reported on Tuesday.

The federation will issue a final verdict next week on Mohammad Nosrati, who appeared to briefly put his hand between the buttocks of Sheys Rezaei as Persepolis players huddled together to celebrate a goal against Damash Gilan in a televised match on Saturday.

The gesture might have caused little comment in the West where fans are used to "laddish" behaviour by soccer stars, but it caused some outrage in the Islamic Republic.

Jalal Yahyazadeh, a cleric and member of parliament, said the "shamelsss act" had "upset, angered and outraged" all sports fans and that the sports minister should be held accountable.

"What happened is absolutely not acceptable because it was a very ugly thing," he was quoted as saying by ISNA.

After the incident made headlines in some international media and with a clip available on the Internet, the federation's media committee met on Tuesday and "demanded that elements who damaged the country's sporting spirit be dealt with firmly," the semi-official Fars news agency reported.

Soccer is the most popular spectator sport in Iran, although women are barred from attending matches.
© Copyright (c) Reuters

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Soccer+Iranian+players+suspended+over+goosing/5640570/story.html#ixzz1cYSj0dYt

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Iranian soccer players suspended over "goosing"
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 10:34:04 AM »
Women not allowed tuh attend matches, but men gettin' banned fuh boysin' lol...

Somewhere in there is a contradiction. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 02:23:47 PM »
wheeey sar....dem men aint making joke.....

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 03:30:32 PM »
Oral Tracey comments on immoral acts in football:  http://www.televisionjamaica.com/Programmes/SportsCommentary.aspx/Videos/13467
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

giggsy11

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 03:37:22 PM »
Quite amusing how the fella who was getting his arse cupped reacted; he was not to caught up in the celebration tuh realize there was a hand in his crack!

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 04:19:44 PM »
Why are they suspending the goosee? He looked shocked when he felt the gooser hand up his rear end!  :rotfl:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 05:40:26 PM »
Those guys would fit in well at Manchester United.  :yellowcard:

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 06:48:17 PM »
Can't remember when last I laughed so much!  :rotfl:
Back when I was in school they used to call that 'checking to see if a man have rose'  :rotfl:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 10:04:13 PM »
Back when I was in school they used to call that 'checking to see if a man have rose'  :rotfl:

Whey de fack kinda school you went to?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 10:13:04 PM »

Ent...Raul what school is dat? Allyuh used tuh check tuh see if a man have rose :shameonyou:

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 06:48:54 PM »

Ent...Raul what school is dat? Allyuh used tuh check tuh see if a man have rose :shameonyou:

Nah nah... I was never involved in dat kinda wrong standup... but back in my all boys school in Iran it had some sickos who used to ketch kicks on that kinda wildness...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 08:22:17 PM »
At full speed it looked accidental... but in slow mo'....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 08:28:35 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Bakes eh stick on that at all lmao.... This like when ah group of people getting jones on something and ah man jump up and relate the incident to him and everybody get quiet looking at him, while he still laughing.

truetrini

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2011, 10:14:07 AM »
The fella who get he bamsee grab first went back later and feel up de odder fella bamsee after they score another goal...look de whole video here

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Butt-grab-celebrations-could-get-banned-Iranian-?urn=sow-wp6316

This is really serious fuh dem fellas yes...

Mohammed Nosrati and Sheis Rezaei of Iranian league club Persepolis have already been banned indefinitely  from entering any stadium in the country after celebrating goals in their side's nationally televised win over Damash Gilan last weekend by grabbing their teammate's backsides. They were also fined about $40,000 each. It was a harsh penalty for acts deemed "immoral" under the country's strict regulations, but it could end up being the easiest part of their punishment.

[ Related: Alex Ferguson sees no quit in Manchester United or himself ]

According to Iran's "semiofficial" Fars News Agency, the two players now face the very real possibility of imprisonment and 74 lashes on the pitch from which they've been banned.

From The Washington Post:

A judiciary official told Fars that Nosrati and Rezaei could also face public lashings, to be carried out on the soccer pitch where the behavior occurred.

According to the norms of ultra-conservative Iran, the players' "action can be considered a violation of public chastity," Judge Valiollah Hosseini told the news agency. "The punishment of this crime is prison up to two months and 74 lashes."

"It is even worse to do these actions before the eyes of thousands of spectators and TV cameras," Hosseini added.

The two footballers do have their defenders, though they are far less powerful than those with the ability to punish them.

"Come and execute them if it relieves you," [former Persepolis coach Ali Parvin] said sarcastically.

If they're willing to publicly lash these guys for a bit of goosing, that probably isn't a suggestion you want to make (even sarcastically), Ali.

Former national team player Mehdi Mahdavikia said Iranian media were making a big deal out of the incident.

"When I was playing in Germany, such things happened all the time," he said.

And the only lashes the Germans give after such an incident are purely for the enjoyment of those involved.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2011, 10:22:16 AM »
From what I know about Iran's policy on gays they're lucky not to get stoned.

1]; } ?>