April 24, 2024, 06:46:05 PM

Author Topic: Sancho ready to serve as TTFF President.  (Read 21422 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Sancho ready to serve as TTFF President.
« on: November 06, 2011, 03:47:20 AM »
Brent Sancho ready to serve.
By Stephon Nicholas (Newsday).

Brent Sancho, CEO, North East Stars, says he is ready to serve his country as president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) if called upon.

Speaking to Newsday yesterday, Sancho said he is interested in the post which was vacated by Oliver Camps who tendered his resignation recently after 19 years at the helm.

“If called upon I am definitely ready to assist my country,” he said.

“People have been calling me all the time and asking me if I am interested,” he explained.

Sancho, a member of the 2006 “Soca Warriors’ World Cup team, called for an injection of fresh blood in the TTFF to revive local football.

“We need to clean the house. Fresh ideas are needed and we need progressive thinkers,” he said.

The 34-year-old believes that having represented his country at the highest level, as well as worked in an administrative role at North East Stars, his knowledge of the two makes him the perfect candidate for the job.

“Without a doubt (it is an advantage). You see players advancing themselves on the pitch but you don’t see administrators advancing themselves. Most of the administrators now have not played at the highest level and don’t know what is required,” he explained.

“There will be instant camaraderie among officials and players (if I am elected). A lot of the things you would be saying would not be word of mouth but you can relate to the players. A lot of the management at North East Stars have played professionally so the relationship is good with the players,” he pointed out.

He cited the modern trend of ex-players getting into administrative roles as testimony that it is a viable solution to our problems.

“See how well Michel Platini (president of UEFA), is doing in Europe. Even in Manchester United with Bobby Charlton (Ambassador) and Paul Scholes (former player now coach). They understand the philosophy of football that is why they keep them at the club because they understand what the club needs,” he explained.

The ex-Dundee defender lamented the state of football in TT which has seen the “Soca Warriors” embarrassingly fail to qualify for the Gold Cup two times in a row as well as miss out on the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

TT’s performance on the regional and international stage has been of great disappointment to the TT public who were expecting this country to capitalise on their historic qualification for the Germany World Cup.

“It’s absolutely deplorable. A country that’s done so well should not be struggling. We never really invested in a lot of youth programmes. There is a void in terms of talent because the players have not had the exposure they need.

It is a result of what has transpired, once the group of 2006 hung up our boots we were left with a void because we didn’t have youngsters coming though,” he declared.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sancho ready to serve as TTFF President.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 06:10:22 AM »
Sancho yuh making this thing sound easy when it's the total opposite meh boy. MO is that these old shameless clueless madmen in charge will never put ah dissident to oversee their cash cow, especially some yute with bright ideas tuh show dem up for the monkeys they truly are.

any how, good luck with that, ah hope yuh know what yuh talking bout , bc i would love nothing better than tuh see you kelvin or shaka leading our football.                    best of luck dude.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 06:12:29 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 06:18:40 AM »
Is there an election at all ?

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 06:41:16 AM »
Brent,

Dreamer here. Ah backin' yuh 100% borse. Nuff respec' to you.
Many people would have scoffed at this idea years ago and even months ago and the fact that we could be actually discussing this plan for true substantial progressive transition is testimony to the fact that we eh playin' around and the reform movement was not a joke. We have a plan and we wil make it work. The new breed of Warrior and warrior leadership has arrived and is about to tek over. The effort is bearing fruit. If this were to come to pass it would probably be THE most significant news in T&T and caribbean football history with true tsunami-like ramifications. Flex, Tallman, E-man, FS, Big mag, Small mag, Weary, Brownsugar, Patriot, Kelvin, Shaka, Stern, Clayton, Tiger Fitzpatrick, Leonson, get ready to man (and woman) de organization. There are many others, too many to mention. You know who you are.

Coop's, yuh dey. Please add your 2 cents of advice.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 12:23:31 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 07:26:41 AM »
Go for it Brent, you have our support here.

I hope he gets Flex and Tallman onboard too.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 07:31:37 AM »
 :beermug: you have my support sancho!

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 08:17:12 AM »
I could support Sancho as long as he aquires the position through an elective process. He would be an excellent candidate tho

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 08:19:03 AM »
Why not Sancho? I am not seeing any of the nominees with better credentials! But how is this change to take place with the current structure as it is? Look Jamaica has a 39 year old as the Prime minister! They leading the way not only in football but in Politics too! Although Burrell and Jack were partners , he would never use the same hatchet man approach like he did, he still allowed football to survive and gave a young former player to coach his team and doing well? It reminded me when a young Gally took the  national team at 40 years and did a great job taking us so far! Who we have now?
I would love to see young people take the lead, they don't have baggage and they are forward looking and have the best interest of football as the number one priority! Let us keep dreaming and praying too!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 10:14:54 AM »

hhhhhhhmmmmmmm............:thinking:  :-\

I would be rooting for Sancho as well but knowing that the cabal is working to keep the status quo, how de hell that kinda change going and happen??!!  Also, what would be the legal ramifications of him being president and being part claimant to a lawsuit against the TTFF??.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 10:38:03 AM »

I would be rooting for Sancho as well but knowing that the cabal is working to keep the status quo, how de hell that kinda change going and happen??!!  Also, what would be the legal ramifications of him being president and being part claimant to a lawsuit against the TTFF??.....

hopefully the lawsuit will be settle if he's president.The change however has to be the entire executive not just the President position alone.Finally not because you played at a high level means you'll be a good president.Other aspects of organizational structure and management  must be put in prospective.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 12:18:42 PM »
brent will be better off starting his own fed and being prez, instead of taking over this waste of time fed right now as it is

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 01:36:57 PM »
brent will be better off starting his own fed and being prez, instead of taking over this waste of time fed right now as it is

I thought you know people who could run this waste of time federation? But is ah local who make actually be able do do something nah.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2011, 02:59:45 PM »

I thought you know people who could run this waste of time federation? But is ah local who make actually be able do do something nah.

and how are these two points synonymous?

if brent is thinking of running for ttff prez, he is wasting his time, it is better he starts his own fed with the help of others

i do know people, that plan has not been aborted, i simply suggested an alternative, comprehension my friend ;)

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2011, 03:40:28 PM »

if brent is thinking of running for ttff prez, he is wasting his time, it is better he starts his own fed with the help of others

i do know people, that plan has not been aborted, i simply suggested an alternative, comprehension my friend ;)

OK I w i l l   t y p e   s l o w e r..............how is it your people can fix the federation, but Snacho better off starting a new one. Why Sancho cyah be as good as your people to take over and fix the federation?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2011, 07:53:51 PM »

OK I w i l l   t y p e   s l o w e r..............how is it your people can fix the federation, but Snacho better off starting a new one. Why Sancho cyah be as good as your people to take over and fix the federation?

making another fed would be too time consuming and will burn more money especially now when we are in qualifiers. why not just take the current fed and turn it into something good? i fully support sancho, make yourself known soldier.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2011, 07:59:25 PM »

hopefully the lawsuit will be settle if he's president.The change however has to be the entire executive not just the President position alone.Finally not because you played at a high level means you'll be a good president.Other aspects of organizational structure and management  must be put in prospective.

You think Sancho would do this on his own? He wouldn't be talking like this if he hadn't given this a lot of thought. He would bring a team. As President, his job is to steer the ship and choose a crew who can carry T&T football to the required destination. Hell, he don't even have to be able to read!! What you require is a strong, uncorrupt leader who wants T&T football to grow and succeed. As long as he fits the right people into the correct roles and motivates them, he will achieve a thousand times more than TTFF have over the last 20 years.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2011, 08:13:34 PM »

Your comprehension is poor mate.

It has nothing to do with Sancho, lets say hypothetically Sancho becomes prez and has the support of the regional heads, he will not own the intl media rights for home matches, which means his sole revenue buckets will rely on selling out home matches, merchandising and trying to sell rights to local media houses who are not willing to pay.

he will quickly find himself into money troubles and sponsorship and private investment into the football will not be able to cover the expenses.

It is better if he joins forces with a conglomerate that can actually fund the program and get a ROI that is worthwhile in regards to sustainability of the national program.

it is cheaper and alot less headache to start a new fed with the right backing and leave the ttff alone to fail, it will take longer yes, but it will be worth it, the new fed will own the intl media rights and have that additional revenue stream to sustain the program and advance it into the future.

sancho is beating a dead horse and will result in a lot of time wasted and head ache in the ending, whoever is advising him is leading him to a dead end, sadly to say.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 08:16:47 PM by Controversial »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2011, 09:05:10 PM »

It has nothing to do with Sancho, lets say hypothetically Sancho becomes prez and has the support of the regional heads, he will not own the intl media rights for home matches, which means his sole revenue buckets will rely on selling out home matches, merchandising and trying to sell rights to local media houses who are not willing to pay.

he will quickly find himself into money troubles and sponsorship and private investment into the football will not be able to cover the expenses.

It is better if he joins forces with a conglomerate that can actually fund the program and get a ROI that is worthwhile in regards to sustainability of the national program.

it is cheaper and alot less headache to start a new fed with the right backing and leave the ttff alone to fail, it will take longer yes, but it will be worth it, the new fed will own the intl media rights and have that additional revenue stream to sustain the program and advance it into the future.

sancho is beating a dead horse and will result in a lot of time wasted and head ache in the ending, whoever is advising him is leading him to a dead end, sadly to say.

I never see one man talk so much shit in mih life.   The TV rights talk is nonsense... first of all the rights haven't been assigned indefinitely, so that revenue stream will become available at some point.

Secondly, you acting as though just ups and forming a "new federation" is fait accompli that they'll have any say in international football.  FIFA still has to grant a franchise to the local Federation and presently that franchise belongs to the TTFF and cannot freely be reassigned to any other party like that.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2011, 09:45:23 PM »

I understand your thought process, but you are so overcomplicating things here. If Sancho takes over, all he needs to do is what Camps and chums did....officially close TTFF (as, of course, it is emcumbered with debt, and these debts look like increasing substantially) and announce a new one. In fact, I believe that the TTFA is still legally the recognised federation, but it is trading as TTFF. So why not kill off TTFF legally and trade as FFTT? Simple. If TTFF do not exist, and pre existing agreements will be null and void and new contracts can be negotiated. (However, not being a lawyer, maybe its not so simple?)

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2011, 09:51:54 PM »

I think you ah bit dizzy.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2011, 10:22:12 PM »
This thread is about Sancho and not T.I.'s burgeoning stupidity....

brent you have my support  :beermug:

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2011, 01:08:23 AM »
Sorry Brent, don't do it.  This organization needs to be properly transitioned and I don't think you are the man for that unless you want a set a gray hairs.  The organization needs a lot of legal and operational restructuring.  This org needs revamping of it's core values, clarifying of it's mission and vision; appropriate polices of communication between government, sponsors, fans and players.  To do that process right is a minimum of 3 months of selective drafting by committee.  And that's just the beginning.  I think after new systems and effective governance are in place you'll be a good candidate for a new TTFF.  But I think the TTFF needs to be transitioned; which could involve you.  However, I would not send you in there with guns blazing.  :beermug:

In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2011, 01:15:05 AM »
Some people possess the will, temperament, know how, and courage to lead in strenuous times. I sense Sancho is that type of leader who possess the mental fortitude to take on this task. He is a good man, loves T&T, loves T&T football. He has my vote
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 01:17:03 AM by Cocorite »
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2011, 02:24:56 AM »

I never see one man talk so much shit in mih life.   The TV rights talk is nonsense... first of all the rights haven't been assigned indefinitely, so that revenue stream will become available at some point.

Secondly, you acting as though just ups and forming a "new federation" is fait accompli that they'll have any say in international football.  FIFA still has to grant a franchise to the local Federation and presently that franchise belongs to the TTFF and cannot freely be reassigned to any other party like that.

if this is a pissing contest, you are at an anatomical disadvantage  :yapping:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 02:28:50 AM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2011, 02:35:33 AM »

I understand your thought process, but you are so overcomplicating things here. If Sancho takes over, all he needs to do is what Camps and chums did....officially close TTFF (as, of course, it is emcumbered with debt, and these debts look like increasing substantially) and announce a new one. In fact, I believe that the TTFA is still legally the recognised federation, but it is trading as TTFF. So why not kill off TTFF legally and trade as FFTT? Simple. If TTFF do not exist, and pre existing agreements will be null and void and new contracts can be negotiated. (However, not being a lawyer, maybe its not so simple?)

could be a good option, however I believe it will still have to be recognized by the cfu and fifa, it is worth investigating.

maybe brent can do some investigation into the ttfa and see whether fifa will recognize it if ttff is shut down. I have not checked the rule of trading as a separate entity while using the previous entity for recognition.

its something worth looking into, because that may be the loophole that can create an opportunity, however there still remains the regional heads who side with the ole boys, so that is the obstacle that is in sancho's way, he would need to solve that as well.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2011, 02:46:28 AM »
This thread is about Sancho and not T.I.'s burgeoning stupidity....

brent you have my support  :beermug:

You're about as much use as a Betamax video recorder...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2011, 03:35:44 AM »
Sancho: TTFF must control all football.
By Stephon Nicholas (Newsday).

FORMER national player, Brent Sancho, is calling for all football in Trinidad and Tobago to be run by one organisation.

Sancho, who expressed willingness to take over at the head of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF), believes by restructuring local football in this format, TT will flourish and produce quality national footballers.

“We need to bring all football under one umbrella . You can’t have the Pro League one way, Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) the other and the national team the next. We need one philosophy,” he explained.

The North East Stars CEO believes by developing a uniform playing style, TT will be successful.

“If you look at Brazil and the Netherlands they have their playing style. We need our style. From the senior team to the Under-5 age group, we must all have one philosophy. We must all sing from the same hymn sheet,” Sancho added.

The ex-“Soca Warriors” defender is keen on revamping local football if successful and is hoping to reestablish TT as a powerhouse in the Caribbean.

The national team was beaten 2-1 by minnows Bermuda in a 2014 World Cup qualifying match recently and also lost to the same opponents in the 2010 qualifying stage by the same score-line.

Sancho believes the “Warriors” have lost their prestige among their Caribbean neighbours and need to become the premier team in the region once more.

“We must establish ourselves as a powerhouse in the Caribbean first and then in CONCACAF,” he said.

“We have been in a bit of a rot and we can’t dig ourselves out of it immediately. It would take time. More emphasis needs to be on the youths and developing coaches. That is paramount,” he explained.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2011, 04:38:05 AM »

You think Sancho would do this on his own? He wouldn't be talking like this if he hadn't given this a lot of thought. He would bring a team. As President, his job is to steer the ship and choose a crew who can carry T&T football to the required destination. Hell, he don't even have to be able to read!! What you require is a strong, uncorrupt leader who wants T&T football to grow and succeed. As long as he fits the right people into the correct roles and motivates them, he will achieve a thousand times more than TTFF have over the last 20 years.

Bottom line for me is, we have been clamouring for change at the TTFF for a looooonnngggg time.  This is the first time in a loooooonnngggggg time I feel as though this is THE MOMENT for someone to take over and try their hand at running our football.  If Brent thinks he can do it then I'm supporting him 115%, VAT inclusive  ;D.  We have seen that he (and my 12 heroes) can go head to head with Jack/TTFF/Scamps/Rodent and triumph......so in that regards I eh fraid....

My initial concern when I posted earlier was what does the TTFF constitution say about changing the President or the Executive for that matter??  I eh even know if the TTFF have a working constitution.  Well to be honest, the TTFF eh working period..... :( >:(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2011, 04:46:33 AM »
Three names worthy of consideration

George Hislop....Keith Lok Loy.....Lincoln Phillips

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2011, 07:21:47 AM »
Sancho is on point ! We need one body! Everyone needs to be on the same page! Too many king pins in Tin pan alley! Waste of money and efforts ! Too many egos and different agendas in a small country like this! Recipe for confusion!
Some stakeholder groups need to formalize themselves and petition the Ministry  of Sport and the TTFF to demand changes! Government is spending millions of our money on football the fans must have a say. We cannot sit back and allow this  style  of management of our football to continue!

1]; } ?>