March 28, 2024, 03:32:17 AM

Author Topic: Greg Ranjitsingh Thread  (Read 58624 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Greg Ranjitsingh Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2016, 10:38:58 AM »
Just a question, why isn't Greg overseas or in the Mls?

he plays in the same league  as Guerra  ,trevin caesar  and molino (2 years ago)

Brother, we all know Tulla better than that league, good start for him but not a final goal with his talent..

Hart should test Greg with a smaller team, or against china ...

Fair enough!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ranjitsingh’s clean sheets earns Team of the Week selection
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2016, 08:27:12 PM »
Ranjitsingh’s clean sheets earns Team of the Week selection
louisvillecityfc.com

May 10, 2016

In just 197 minutes of regular season action, Louisville City FC goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh has allowed just one goal — a penalty kick in his first minute of action. For his services to the table-topping LouCity (5-1-2, 17 points), Ranjitsingh has been named to the USL Team of the Week as goalkeeper for Week 7, the league announced on Tuesday.

“It’s great to receive the individual honor,” Ranjitsingh said. “The shutouts are a team effort. That’s never something I’ll take credit for, because it takes 11 guys to do their jobs well to get that result. i couldn’t be happier with how the team is playing right now.”

The 6-foot-2 shotstopper sealed a scoreless draw at Bethlehem Steel last Sunday before taking all three points at Toronto FC II on Wednesday via a 2-0 victory. All in all, Ranjitsingh has concreted five points in three matches since stepping into goal.

Ranjitsingh is Louisville City’s seventh Team of the Week selection in 2016. He joins Scott Goodwin, who earned Team of the Week in Week 1, as a LouCity goalkeeper to earn the honor.

In his first start of the 2016 season, Ranjitsingh came up huge early on, after a Steel through ball snuck past the LouCity back four. Ranjitsingh came off his line in a diving effort to deny Bethlehem an early goal. The keeper came up big again in the 90th minute after a softly struck Bethlehem shot lingered around the penalty area before Ranjitsingh picked it up and ended any chance of a Steel goal.

In his hometown of Toronto, Ranjitsingh came up huge in the 36th minute with a diving save off of a TFC II free kick. He sprawled to his right and clutched the well-placed shot.

In his rookie season, Ranjitsingh started one regular season match against the Charleston Battery on September 12. Ranjitsingh got his first start for Louisville City on May 20 versus Lansing United in the second round of the U.S. Open Cup.

The Canadian out of Mercer University made several key saves to preserve the clean sheet and help Louisville City FC advance with a 1-0 win. The goalkeeper played in the second half of Louisville City’s 3-1 win over Orlando City SC on August 25, and allowed just one goal.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ranjitsingh stands tall in LouCity goal
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2016, 08:29:38 PM »
By Caitlin Ladd (louisvillecityfc.com)

Saturday’s game Kings’ Cup match against Saint Louis ended in Ranjitsingh’s third consecutive shutout of the season.

Incidentally, these past three games have provided Ranjitsingh with the opportunity — to test his year-plus of training as Louisville City’s No. 2 keeper — on the field after playing a just one regular season game last season, which ended in a 2-0 loss to Charleston Battery. He featured in one half of a friendly against MLS-side Orlando City SC, and the U.S. Open Cup game LouCity played against Lansing United.

“Last year, I was the backup to Scott Goodwin and Scott’s a great goalkeeper,” Ranjitsingh said. “In training it’s always competitive where you push each other. I think just having that kind of environment to train (in) every day, when you know you have people pushing each other, you get better.”

In addition to more regular season game time, Saturday’s game was also the first home start for Ranjitsingh. The fans played a role in his excitement and Ranjitsingh joked that his voice was almost gone because he had to shout over the crowds for his defenders to hear him.

When asked how he felt about starting, Ranjitsingh lit up.

“(It was) amazing,” Ranjitsingh said. “Last year I got a little test in exhibition versus Orlando, but to have a season game and to start my first game at Slugger, it was great. The environment that they have here, all the fans behind us, it’s awesome to play.”

For Ranjitsingh, saves seem to add even more to the atmosphere of the game and the ambiance that Slugger provides, especially the back-to-back saves he achieved at Saturday’s game.

“It’s great how after a save, you get all pumped up,” Ranjitsingh said. “Sometimes it happens during the game, you don’t get much to do and late in the game, 85th, 86th (minute), you have to come up and help out the team. That’s what it’s like to be a goalkeeper and I was just pumped to be able to help the team out.”

Despite all of the excitement surrounding the three shutout streak — and a seventh consecutive unbeaten match from LouCity — Ranjitsingh refused to take credit, insisting that it’s a team effort. He thinks his teammates are doing a great job by minimizing who gets past the defense and what he’s forced to deal with when that happens.

“Ultimately, it’s just that one moment,” Ranjitsingh said. “You have to come up big and no matter if it’s a busy game or not you just have to be ready for it.”

Next up for Ranjitsingh and LouCity, is the 2016 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup second-round match on Wednesday against Detroit City FC at Bellarmine University.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2016, 08:22:37 AM »
By Caitlin Ladd (louisvillecityfc.com)

Saturday’s game Kings’ Cup match against Saint Louis ended in Ranjitsingh’s third consecutive shutout of the season.

Incidentally, these past three games have provided Ranjitsingh with the opportunity — to test his year-plus of training as Louisville City’s No. 2 keeper — on the field after playing a just one regular season game last season, which ended in a 2-0 loss to Charleston Battery. He featured in one half of a friendly against MLS-side Orlando City SC, and the U.S. Open Cup game LouCity played against Lansing United.

“Last year, I was the backup to Scott Goodwin and Scott’s a great goalkeeper,” Ranjitsingh said. “In training it’s always competitive where you push each other. I think just having that kind of environment to train (in) every day, when you know you have people pushing each other, you get better.”

In addition to more regular season game time, Saturday’s game was also the first home start for Ranjitsingh. The fans played a role in his excitement and Ranjitsingh joked that his voice was almost gone because he had to shout over the crowds for his defenders to hear him.

When asked how he felt about starting, Ranjitsingh lit up.

“(It was) amazing,” Ranjitsingh said. “Last year I got a little test in exhibition versus Orlando, but to have a season game and to start my first game at Slugger, it was great. The environment that they have here, all the fans behind us, it’s awesome to play.”

For Ranjitsingh, saves seem to add even more to the atmosphere of the game and the ambiance that Slugger provides, especially the back-to-back saves he achieved at Saturday’s game.

“It’s great how after a save, you get all pumped up,” Ranjitsingh said. “Sometimes it happens during the game, you don’t get much to do and late in the game, 85th, 86th (minute), you have to come up and help out the team. That’s what it’s like to be a goalkeeper and I was just pumped to be able to help the team out.”

Despite all of the excitement surrounding the three shutout streak — and a seventh consecutive unbeaten match from LouCity — Ranjitsingh refused to take credit, insisting that it’s a team effort. He thinks his teammates are doing a great job by minimizing who gets past the defense and what he’s forced to deal with when that happens.

“Ultimately, it’s just that one moment,” Ranjitsingh said. “You have to come up big and no matter if it’s a busy game or not you just have to be ready for it.”

Next up for Ranjitsingh and LouCity, is the 2016 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup second-round match on Wednesday against Detroit City FC at Bellarmine University.
So if he is a Trini, what we waiting on? Hart lived in Canada so I hope he has a good reason for not selecting him, because Jan Michael makes me really nervous.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2016, 12:31:26 PM »
Quick question...............what has he done to warrant selection to our national team?

I'm all for widening the pool, but i just want to know what has he done to knock on the door
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2016, 01:02:48 PM »
Quick question...............what has he done to warrant selection to our national team?

I'm all for widening the pool, but i just want to know what has he done to knock on the door

Good question.  I had a shut out on de weekend too.  Based on dat, I should get a call too.

But daz part of being married...especially after de fuss 2 years.  :devil:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2016, 03:09:52 PM »

Good question.  I had a shut out on de weekend too.  Based on dat, I should get a call too.

:rotfl:

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2016, 07:08:44 PM »
 :rotfl:  tears yes
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2016, 12:49:26 PM »

have to be one of the funniest thing i read in years ...  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2016, 10:35:57 AM »
Does Ranjitsingh actually hold a T&T passport or we jes like calling his name? :P

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2016, 11:18:17 AM »
Does Ranjitsingh actually hold a T&T passport or we jes like calling his name? :P

He has a T&T passport.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2016, 11:46:47 AM »
First of all, I want to say that the GK pool in the U.S. is superior to Trinidad.  Just taake a look at the MLS, and you'll see that the GK standard is better than the overal standard of play.  America is blessed with high GK talent because of the nature of the sports they play that all demand hand to eye coordination and catching:  American football, baseball, lacrosse, basketball.  Secondly, the USL is not a bad league, although it has been marred by a split into two competing leagues.   This guy can't be any worse off than the options we currently have.  The reports have been good, and now Hart maybe needs to scout him some more.  We have two GKs in the setup that have not been convincing in their displays recently, and they're not going to get much better; they're aging. 

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2016, 01:34:47 PM »
SH has been monitoring him so it may not be too long before he gets an opportunity.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2016, 05:04:28 PM »
If Palos 'form' continue I prefer start a Palos for GK thread  ;D

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2016, 11:00:42 PM »
Another clean sheet tonight apparently hes had 5 straight. Worth a call with how our GKs have played recently.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2016, 09:06:36 AM »

Deserve a call up, 5 clean sheet this season already. Nobody eh saying he should get pick to be we number one, but at least training with de squad because we short in this area. Phillip and Glenroy eh good, especially Glenroy.

Hyland play one game all season for Genk and was making de national team all year, same for Hoyte.

Steups !!!!

« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 09:09:08 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2016, 09:59:09 AM »
The man could at least get a look... There is a dearth of quality keepers and we can't afford to leave any stone unturned. Andre Boucaud was neglected for many years because he was playing in the lower leagues. He still plays in the lower leagues, but Hart took a chance and now he is a vital player in our midfield. Greg obviously has potential and is performing well for his club... If we have another friendly before Qualifiers, it won't hurt to give him a call up.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2016, 04:00:51 PM »
WATCH: With his club on a 16-game unbeaten streak, Louisville City’s goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh spoke Thursday ahead of their trip to play Wilmington Hammerheads FC.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fkMOfhr__eY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fkMOfhr__eY</a>

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2016, 10:05:38 AM »
We should call him up for the next camp.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2016, 11:10:41 AM »
I liking the idea of pulling him in, but might be a slight problem..he is their #1 goalie, they in 1st place, their season wrapping up end of sept, then possibly playoffs. They might not want to let him go (or he come/come late). However, if the coaches could take a trip and observe his training and play in advance, might serve us well. Camp wouldn't be as critical to him, if he's in form.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2016, 11:33:39 AM »
He not better than Jan
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2016, 11:34:03 AM »
I liking the idea of pulling him in, but might be a slight problem..he is their #1 goalie, they in 1st place, their season wrapping up end of sept, then possibly playoffs. They might not want to let him go (or he come/come late). However, if the coaches could take a trip and observe his training and play in advance, might serve us well. Camp wouldn't be as critical to him, if he's in form.
Points taken but with a camp he can get to bond with the players, as he stated in the vid how he feels comfortable during games knowing the ability and strengths of his defenders. A camp will give him the benefit of getting to know our players, our style of play, etc. Not sure if it will happen before of next set of qualifiers but it will be good if he can have a scout watching him in action though.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2016, 11:52:45 AM »
This is the heights of desperation goin on here.

Reminds me of a similar campaign for ''Ronaldinho" Roopie

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2016, 01:12:37 PM »

Based on our keeper situation, we should be desperate.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2016, 01:32:04 PM »
This nowhere near Roopie heights.

This guy have a lot of upside. Already getting a lot of minutes in a competitive league with lots of travels and rigors etc and he is still very young for a keeper

Let's stay tuned.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2016, 03:19:08 AM »

One man playing at a decent level by our standards. The other man was playing in Skinner Park or something, and couldn't make a Pro League team. That's one difference right there.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2016, 05:02:17 AM »
Greg Ranjitsingh Age 23 on Monday; 6' 2": Louisville City F.C.
Cleon John Age 35 in October; 6' 3":North East Stars F.C.
Marvin Phillip Age 32 in August; 6' 0": Point Fortin F.C.
Jan-Michael Williams Age 32 in October; 6' 2": Central F.C.
Adrian Foncette Age 27 in October; 6' 1": Police F.C.

Using age, current playing level and qualities required for the HEX, please explain why if he and his club make him available we would not want to invite him to a camp?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2016, 06:33:49 AM »

How is dat desperation? We looking for depth. Maybe he could make it, maybe not. But he young, and playing at de same level as Caesar, Hackshaw, and Guerra.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2016, 08:00:25 AM »
I dont think that it is desperation, but I get the impression that Hart has seen him and doesnt think he would sufficiently challenge what we already have.

He should have already been with the squad, especially with the run of friendlies that we had last month.  It would be very difficult for a new keeper to get a run in our squad during the Hex.

I like the fact that he's young.  But in the absence of  Jan-Williams, Hart took Glenroy Samuel and Adrian Foncette, and that to me sends a clear message.

After Jan, we in some trouble.  I actually rate Glenroy as our next best. 

Not sure if this was answered before, but has Ramjitsingh made public an interest in playing for us?

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2016, 08:05:49 AM »
At least one of his parents advocates on here for his inclusion so I would make a leap and say yes he is interested.
See below from 4 years ago. I don't think anything has changed since then... could be wrong

That is not true....McComie said that there's a lack of interest in the Goalkeeper department....if that's the case they need to contact Greg Ranjitsingh.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>