March 28, 2024, 01:19:43 PM

Author Topic: Greg Ranjitsingh Thread  (Read 58652 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Greg Ranjitsingh Thread
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2016, 09:46:46 AM »
Not sure if this was answered before, but has Ramjitsingh made public an interest in playing for us?

Yes, he has been interested in the past, and still is interested. In any event, I just continue to put information out there concerning players who are eligible and interested in representing us.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2016, 07:32:22 AM »
Giving de youth a trial cant do no harm.

Simple as that.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2016, 09:27:18 AM »
Hart will call him allyuh doh worry.  Nobody in T&T disillusioned enough to believe the pro league is a higher level of football than where Greg plying his trade.  And with all the clean sheets he is amassing while his league is active, it only makes sense to have a look.  I will not pronounce him better than anyone until we see what he does in our setup but I like what he's doing so far.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2016, 07:55:50 AM »
Bottom line:  The GK stock in Trinidad is not a rich one; we've been recycling the same individuals and there's only one GK that's up to international standard.  Marvin Philip is weak on cross balls and does not inspire confidence in his back line, as next in line.  That league is better organized and probably of a higher standard than the Pro League, with greater depth and quality at the GK position.  It would not hurt to have a closer look at this youth, especially considering the season he's having.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline neymar10

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2016, 07:54:41 PM »
Trinidad do not have a better keeper than greg its a fact

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2016, 03:25:36 PM »
Tristate Area.

Friday night Greg Ranjitsingh and Louisville will be playing Red Bulls II at Red Bull Arena.

This is a clash of no.1 Red Bulls; in the USL vs no.2 Louisville. Come out and see what the hype with Ranjitsingh is about and see the quality of ball at the top of the USL.

Tickets here or at the box office on game day.

http://m.ticketmaster.com/event/000050ACC7E15F7E

Red Bull Arena
Harrison, NJ
Fri, Aug 19, 2016 07:00
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2016, 03:34:16 PM »
I don't think Greg should be brought in for the Guat game. It is too late. If or when we win, Hart should make a serious effort to bring him in. Everybody saying he is the best. He is not the best until we see him under international pressure. Allyuh remember Warner, the English guy.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2016, 04:02:50 PM »
I don't think Greg should be brought in for the Guat game. It is too late. If or when we win, Hart should make a serious effort to bring him in. Everybody saying he is the best. He is not the best until we see him under international pressure. Allyuh remember Warner, the English guy.

Remember that other English guy... Chris Birchall? As Sam said...a scrimmage with a ProLeague team or ProLeague 11 can be arranged...
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2016, 04:33:08 PM »

Remember that other English guy... Chris Birchall? As Sam said...a scrimmage with a ProLeague team or ProLeague 11 can be arranged...

If I remembered correctly, Birchall played in a friendly against Bermuda, where he showed that he belong. I have no issue with Greg, personally, but we must see him under some kind of pressure.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2016, 04:53:11 PM »
The guy with the distinguished playing career that we throw way after one bad game? Barely anything to remember.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2016, 05:07:28 PM »
Has any journalist asked SH why or why not? Not that player selection will be treated with in the public domain.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2016, 05:37:36 PM »

If I remembered correctly, Birchall played in a friendly against Bermuda, where he showed that he belong. I have no issue with Greg, personally, but we must see him under some kind of pressure.

Yes Birchall played in a friendly against Bermuda and Tony Warner debuted in a warm up against Iceland... The difference in those two situations and this one is we had capable players to fill their respective positions at that time. The ProLeague is in preseason with our keepers getting little to no competitive action. Our number one, Jan is still recovering from injury and I doubt will be ready for Guatemala... So if Greg (who is in good form and plays in a league on par with or better than the Pro League) is not the best option to at least fill one of the keeper positions in the squad... who would you say is...? I curious...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 06:18:17 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2016, 06:41:55 PM »
Tristate Area.

Friday night Greg Ranjitsingh and Louisville will be playing Red Bulls II at Red Bull Arena.

This is a clash of no.1 Red Bulls; in the USL vs no.2 Louisville. Come out and see what the hype with Ranjitsingh is about and see the quality of ball at the top of the USL.

Tickets here or at the box office on game day.

http://m.ticketmaster.com/event/000050ACC7E15F7E

Red Bull Arena
Harrison, NJ
Fri, Aug 19, 2016 07:00

The game should be good and an opportunity to see Ranjitsingh as well as Noah Powder who plays for Red Bulls II. Powder returned to the field for Red Bulls II last Friday playing the second half after two months in Europe at clubs in Holland and Germany.

Powder is on SH radar but not up the level for full National team yet. He needs to complete his course with U20's in Curacao in October.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2016, 08:46:48 PM »
Powder self!! I need two bull pistle
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2016, 09:34:35 AM »
Powder self!! I need two bull pistle

More like 4 :devil:

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2016, 03:27:35 PM »
Hart should be in attendance or watching on Youtube Channel?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2016, 09:52:56 PM »
Did anyone see the game against NY Red Bulls II?

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2016, 04:35:15 AM »
New York Red Bulls II vs Louisville
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2wwiIsdexg

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2016, 12:38:34 PM »

Yes Birchall played in a friendly against Bermuda and Tony Warner debuted in a warm up against Iceland... The difference in those two situations and this one is we had capable players to fill their respective positions at that time. The ProLeague is in preseason with our keepers getting little to no competitive action. Our number one, Jan is still recovering from injury and I doubt will be ready for Guatemala... So if Greg (who is in good form and plays in a league on par with or better than the Pro League) is not the best option to at least fill one of the keeper positions in the squad... who would you say is...? I curious...
Phillips, samuel, sample, foncette imo. I will try and see Greg play on the YouTubes, but until then I'd say these are the people next in line.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2016, 03:25:05 PM »

Phillips, samuel, sample, foncette imo. I will try and see Greg play on the YouTubes, but until then I'd say these are the people next in line.

phillips can't control his area and is prone to positioning errors...we need someone else...he becoming a liability
I pity the fool....

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2016, 03:26:33 PM »

phillips can't control his area and is prone to positioning errors...we need someone else...he becoming a liability
I agree - our keepers all have a particular weakness, from crossing to experience, but all keepers do - what's Greg's?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2016, 03:34:34 PM »
have not seen him myself, but those who have, mostly have good things to say......goalkeeping is very serious concern for us, more so with Phillips in goal, he was horrible in d friendly tour......and didn' inspire much confidence on a few occasions before that.
I pity the fool....

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2016, 10:59:35 PM »
I watched Greg play Redbulls on Friday via Youtube but was disappointed. His decision making was poor, his clearances were suspect with either feet. He needs to work on his feet, definitely unable to be a sweeper keeper at this time. One positive he was brave in claiming balls in the air and coming off his line.

Hart is right to to keep an eye on him but he is not ready for a call up.

Watch and share your thoughts:

http://www.uslsoccer.com/game/show/13218192?subseason=280291&referrer=2356892

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2016, 08:35:58 AM »
I watched Greg play Redbulls on Friday via Youtube but was disappointed. His decision making was poor, his clearances were suspect with either feet. He needs to work on his feet, definitely unable to be a sweeper keeper at this time. One positive he was brave in claiming balls in the air and coming off his line.

Is this opinion all based on that one game or have you seen him several times?

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2016, 11:20:16 AM »

It'a the 3Rd or 4th time I saw him play. You raise a good point though because I was much more positive on him before this game. He may have had a difficult outing because of the pressure of #1 vs. #2 . Regardless, footskills must improve as his distribution was limited.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2016, 12:35:40 AM »

It'a the 3Rd or 4th time I saw him play. You raise a good point though because I was much more positive on him before this game. He may have had a difficult outing because of the pressure of #1 vs. #2 . Regardless, footskills must improve as his distribution was limited.

I watched the game and saying he was poor in clearances is an over exaggeration... Neither keepers we have are clearing balls from the box at a higher level.. Nor are their foot skills superior... I would say all are on par, Marvin is better at penalties, but I've only seen Greg face one..

Greg is more confident and competent in the air and off his line... He deserves a shot in a friendly... We have nothing to lose...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 12:37:59 AM by Controversial »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2016, 05:22:29 AM »

I watched the game and saying he was poor in clearances is an over exaggeration... Neither keepers we have are clearing balls from the box at a higher level.. Nor are their foot skills superior... I would say all are on par, Marvin is better at penalties, but I've only seen Greg face one..

Greg is more confident and competent in the air and off his line... He deserves a shot in a friendly... We have nothing to lose...
Yea a friendly might be the best test, but they're thin on the ground (typically, not recently) and we have to use our friendlies to prep us for the wc qualifiers and get team practice.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2016, 04:37:18 PM »
Louisville’s Ranjitsingh Earns First Call-Up for Soca Warriors

http://www.uslsoccer.com/news_article/show/690392?referrer_id=2333971

LOUISVILE, Ky. – Louisville City FC goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh has been named to the Trinidad & Tobago squad for the country’s upcoming CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying contests early next month. Ranjitsingh’s call-up is the first of his career for the Soca Warriors, as they prepare to face Guatemala and the United States in their final two games of the penultimate stage of qualifying.

"I've been working toward this my whole life training and trying to improve myself," said Ranjitsingh, a native of Canada who qualifies to play for Trinidad & Tobago through his father.. "On my birth certificate it doesn't say it, but I grew up in a Trinidad house. That was the culture – the food, everything – and it's so close to my heart. It's great to be able to represent the country."

While with the national team, Ranjitsingh will miss just one USL game for Louisville, the club's Sept. 3 contest at FC Montreal. In his second season with the club, Ranjitsingh has posted a 0.90 goals against average and .707 save percentage this season, helping Louisville clinch a playoff spot with five games left in the regular season.

"It's fantastic for Greg and speaks volumes about the work Thabane Sutu is doing with our goalkeepers," said Louisville City FC Head Coach James O'Connor. "We can all be very proud of the work we are doing here, as it's a fantastic achievement to have developed a player to the international level in 18 months."

Ranjitsingh signed with Louisville in 2015 as a rookie out of Division Mercer University in Macon, Ga. He took over the starting role for the USL club in May, opening with a string of five clean sheets, and has remained in goal ever since.

Trinidad & Tobago will host Guatemala at Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port of Spain on Friday, Sept. 2 before closing out the stage by facing the United States at EverBank Field in Jacksonville, Fla. on Tuesday, Sept. 6.

The Soca Warriors currently lead Group C with 10 points, with the United States sitting with 7 and Guatemala with 6. A win or draw against Guatemala would ensure the side advances to the final stage of CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2016, 05:16:05 PM »
Carpe diem - with injuries to Jan mw and Sample this is an excellent chance for him to prove his worth

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2016, 07:36:40 AM »
Congrats to Greg on his selection. When we win vs Guat., he may get his baptism of fire against the US. But that mere speculation. In due time.

1]; } ?>