March 28, 2024, 04:45:01 PM

Author Topic: Greg Ranjitsingh Thread  (Read 58657 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ranjitsingh finds certainty in chance
« Reply #120 on: September 06, 2016, 04:32:48 AM »
Ranjitsingh finds certainty in chance
By Nicholas Murray (USLsoccer.com)

What if Louisville City FC goalkeeper Scott Goodwin doesn’t get sent off against the Pittsburgh Riverhounds on April 22?

What if backup goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh doesn’t come in and record a shutout the next game against Bethlehem Steel FC?

What if Ranjitsingh doesn’t give up a goal in the USL in May, recording five consecutive shutouts, effectively making the starting position his own?

What if?

“I felt like I was always ready to play, you know?” Ranjitsingh said on Monday while with the Trinidad & Tobago National Team at EverBank Stadium. “It was just between me and Scott [Goodwin], and he started the inaugural season for Louisville City and he got the starting nod at the beginning of this season, but for me, I always felt I was ready for the start and I was capable, and when the opportunity presented I just took it and ran with it.”

What if Trinidad & Tobago Coach Stephen Hart hadn’t previously led Canada’s National Team?

What if he’d not been aware of the kid with the Trinidadian parents growing up in Brampton, Ontario?

What if he’d not sent scouts out to watch Ranjitsingh in depth after T&T starter Jan-Michael Williams suffered a rotator cuff injury in March?

What if?

“I just thought bring him in, see how he fits in with everybody, see how he does, and he can fight like everyone else for a place,” said Hart on Monday. “He’s been very good. He fits in nicely, and he seems to just roll in. He’s trained well. I’m impressed with how he’s done, and so has our goalkeeping coach.”

It’s sometimes surprising how a chain of events can unfold. Ranjitsingh had made only one appearance for Louisville in his rookie season, and was thrust into duty thanks to Goodwin’s red card and subsequent suspension in a 2-2 draw with Pittsburgh.

The ensuing chain of events has left the native of a Trinidad & Tobago household in Brampton, Ontario on the verge of a first international appearance at any level on Tuesday night against the United States in World Cup Qualifying.

That in turn says something about the perseverance Ranjitsingh has shown to make it this far. One of the last signings to Louisville’s squad last season after playing collegiately at Mercer, the 23-year-old has become one of the top performers between the sticks in the league with a 0.86 goals-against average and .721 save percentage.

After receiving the call to notify him of his selection to the Soca Warriors, word quickly spread throughout the family, most importantly to his father, who had remained true to his heritage after immigrating to Canada when he was 18 years old.

“I know my dad’s extra excited just because I get to represent the country he was born in,” Ranjitsingh said. “Growing up he really instilled the Trinidadian culture in the household. When I’d wake up in the morning it would be soca or reggae music, and the food that we eat would be some Trini food like roti or curried chicken, stuff like that.

“I was surrounded by Trini accents.”

The same could be said of Friday night, when Ranjitsingh took in the atmosphere at Hazley Crawford Stadium as Trinidad & Tobago clinched a place in final stage of World Cup Qualifying - The Hex.

“Although I wasn’t on the field I felt like the whole country was behind us, the atmosphere was great,” Ranjitsingh said. “This is such a big interest in Trinidad, we have the full support of the whole country behind us when we’re playing.”

So, what if Tuesday brings that first appearance on the international stage?

“I mean, it would be one of the biggest accomplishments I’ve ever had in my entire life,” said Ranjitsingh. “It’s just something I’ve been working toward my whole life, playing at the highest level. The first step was getting the call to camp, and then I’m trying just get my first cap. I’m working hard like the rest of these guys, and if coach calls on me, whenever the opportunity happens, I’ll be ready.”

What if?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Greg Ranjitsingh Thread
« Reply #121 on: October 04, 2016, 02:56:35 PM »
WATCH: Louisville City goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh previews their USL playoff clash against Ataulla Guerra’s Charleston Battery.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bGSDwn1Wxm0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bGSDwn1Wxm0</a>

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 16, 2016, 04:41:42 PM »
Watch LIVE Ranjitsingh play NYRBII for Eastern Conference Finals

http://www.uslsoccer.com/game/show/15144032

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 16, 2016, 05:51:36 PM »
Ranjitsingh injured in the 52nd minute, may affect Hart's options going forward. Not sure what the injury is  but looks like a groin

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Louisville City FC signs Goalkeeper Ranjitsingh for 2017
« Reply #124 on: November 15, 2016, 08:09:45 PM »
Louisville City FC signs Goalkeeper Ranjitsingh for 2017
By Jonathan Lintner (louisvillecityfc.com)

Louisville City FC has agreed to a new contract with one of the United Soccer League's top goalkeepers for the 2017 campaign.

Pickering, Ontario, native Greg Ranjitsingh will return for a third year with the club after taking over the starting job midway through last season. On his way to allowing just 0.83 goals per game, the 23-year-old also experienced LouCity's first full international call up.

Terms of Ranjitsingh's deal were not disclosed.

"I'm really happy to sign and be part of the team in the coming year," Ranjitsingh said. "I'm excited to play in front of the fans again and hopefully bring a championship and a trophy to the city."

Ranjitsingh is the 12th player back from LouCity's 2016 team that advanced to the USL's Eastern Conference Final. He joins Tim Dobrowolski in a goalkeeping corps that will also benefit from the return of most key defensive pieces.

Ranjitsingh, a product of Division I Mercer University, figures to lead the competition for playing time at his position. His 72.5 save percentage ranked among the USL's best. Combined with his 6-foot-2, 193-pound frame, Ranjitsingh earned a chance to train in September with his father's native national team, Trinidad and Tobago, during World Cup qualifying.

"I'm really pleased to get Greg back on board," O'Connor said. "The way he's developed since he got here has been really impressive."

Ranjitsingh signed with LouCity as a rookie and learned under Scott Goodwin, who starred for the club during its inaugural, 2015 season. When Goodwin was sent off during a game last April, Ranjitsingh took over between the posts and held the job from there, posting clean sheets in his first five starts.

"For 2017, I just hope we keep building off the previous years," Ranjitsingh said. "Being here since the inaugural, Louisville City is a club that has grown ever since. I expect to have more success."

Ranjitsingh left LouCity's Oct. 16 playoff loss to the New York Red Bulls II with a groin strain that he has continued to heal while home in Canada. The keeper said he's rehabbing at a local gym, "and I think I'll be at full strength in the next couple of weeks -- for sure by the preseason."

In addition to Ranjitsingh and Dobrowolski, LouCity currently has under contract for next year multiple defenders (Kyle Smith, Sean Reynolds, Tarek Morad and Paco Craig); midfielders (Guy Abend, Niall McCabe, Mark-Anthony Kaye and Paolo DelPiccolo); as well as forwards (Cameron Lancaster and Ilija Ilic).

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #125 on: November 25, 2016, 07:53:27 AM »
Ranjitsingh signs new.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

Louisville City FC’s starting goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh has accepted a new contract to return next year, according to an announcement from the club Tuesday.

Ranjitsingh, 23, who was recently in the T&T senior team squad, took over midway through last season for Scott Goodwin, who ultimately left the team to enrol in Harvard Medical School. Ranjitsingh allowed fewer than one goal per game, playing a key role in Louisville City’s run to the United Soccer League semifinals.

“I’m really happy to sign and be part of the team in the coming year,” Ranjitsingh said in a statement. “I’m excited to play in front of the fans again and hopefully bring a championship and a trophy to the city.”

LouCity coach James O’Connor said, “I’m really pleased to get Greg back on board. The way he’s developed since he got here has been really impressive.”

Ranjitsingh becomes the 12th player the club has confirmed will return from this year’s team, including fellow goalkeeper Tim Dobrowolski.

T&T’s other three goalkeepers are Jan Michael Williams, Marvin Phillip and Adrian Foncette.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Married2ATrini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 30, 2016, 12:06:40 PM »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 30, 2016, 02:10:33 PM »
https://youtu.be/8r0vl1KnDOA
:beermug: I enjoyed that clip. He should selected on the team moving forward.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 20, 2017, 03:01:18 PM »
USL Top Five – Goalkeepers to Watch

As has been seen time and again, all it can take for a standout goalkeeper to come to the fore is an opening. Louisville City FC’s Greg Ranjitsingh was the latest entry in that list as a suspension to City starting goalkeeper Scott Goodwin gave him a chance, and the Brampton, Ontario native did the rest. Ranjitsingh recorded shutouts in his first five games for Louisville, earning the starting spot for good, and enters this year looking to build on his success.

With expectations as high as they are in Louisville after back-to-back Eastern Conference Final appearances, the 23-year-old will be aiming to repeat his 2016 performance that saw him post a 0.74 goals-against average and .759 save percentage. If he does, another look from the Trinidad & Tobago National Team could come sooner rather than later.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ranjitsingh back in goal for Louisville City
« Reply #129 on: June 01, 2017, 12:34:00 PM »
Ranjitsingh back in goal for Louisville City
By Tate McGarvey and Jonathan Lintner (louisvillecityfc.com)

Louisville City FC coach James O’Connor admitted that when it came to Greg Ranjitsingh’s return to the starting lineup Wednesday night, “I didn’t think he had too much to do.”

Consider it a mostly successful 90 minutes between the posts for the goalkeeper, who made his first appearance since the March 25 USL opener. LouCity went on to fall 1-0 to to FC Cincinnati in Ranjitsingh’s latest spell on the pitch, but he was credited with four saves and punched out two more chances in the Third Round U.S. Open Cup game at Nippert Stadium.

“I thought he made an important save for us in the first half, so I was pleased for him,” O’Connor said.

Ranjitsingh, who has also been called up at the International level for Trinidad and Tobago, tipped a 79th minute header by Cincinnati’s Dani Konig safely over the bar as well.

And so with Ranjitsingh back from a hip flexor injury, consider the battle for playing time on with Tim Dobrowolski, who racked up a pair of USL Save of the Week honors during his time as the starter.

Here’s more of what we took away from Wednesday’s game…

• LouCity found itself in a familiar position: taking quality shots, but not getting the desired result — a goal. On a night the club controlled 53 percent of the possession, LouCity couldn’t capitalize on opportunities. Six shots were attempted — half of them on goal — but now LouCity has tallied eight goals this season in nine games against professional opponents.

• It was a highly physical game. Forward Luke Spencer took an early exit, subbed off before the 20th minute, after going down on a tackle. Defender Tarek Morad also received attention from the trainer, though he stayed on. The clubs tallied 22 total fouls, with 15 of them on FC Cincinnati.

• LouCity didn’t move on to a meeting with Major League Soccer’s Columbus Crew later in the Open Cup. But the weeks ahead remain busy nonetheless. After Saturday’s game at USL Eastern Conference-leading Charleston, fixtures are set for Wednesday (Charlotte at home), the following Sunday (New York away) and the Saturday after that (Pittsburgh at home).

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2017, 01:13:21 PM »
Louisville City FC goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh selected to the USL Team of the Week (#12).

Ranjitsingh recorded back-to-back shutouts as Louisville earned victories against the Charlotte Independence at home and New York Red Bulls II on the road.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 07:16:26 AM by Tallman »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2017, 11:33:14 PM »
coach Lawrence why not have a look at that keeper? it definitely wouldn't hurt to try.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 14, 2017, 07:24:32 AM »
coach Lawrence why not have a look at that keeper? it definitely wouldn't hurt to try.

I honestly think the coach should bring him in. But TTFA have to get games for Tallest. He just can't stick him in the next 3 Hex games. But he should get a call up.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ranjitsingh dazzles in second start back
« Reply #133 on: August 20, 2017, 08:35:58 PM »
By Tate McGarvey (louisvillecityfc.com)

In his second start since winning the goalkeeping job back from Tim Dobrowolski, Louisville City FC’s Greg Ranjitsingh looked Sunday as if he’d never left between the posts.

Ranjitsingh recorded four saves during LouCity’s 3-1 win over Bethlehem Steel FC with a performance that earned him praise not just from teammates — but also the opposition.

“Greg was incredible,” said defender Oscar Jimenez. “This game, he had a few great saves. Even the other team, when they’d run past me and stuff, would be like, ‘This guy’s an animal. I can’t believe he saved that.’ And I’m like, ‘He does that every day.’”

Ranjitsingh and Dobrowolski have split time at goalkeeper this season, with coach James O’Connor saying both deserve to one day play at the Major League Soccer level. From Toronto, Canada, Ranjitsingh stated his case again Sunday.

An early save and subsequent punch-out started things, with LouCity and Bethlehem scoreless then. Then in stoppage time, Steel FC’s Santi Moar put a shot on frame that deserved to score. But diving the opposite way, Ranjitsingh reached for a one-handed stop.

Moar opened the second half with another great look, only to be denied once again on one of eight Bethlehem shots in the box.

“Sometimes we have the ball all the time, and he just needs to be connected with us,” Jimenez said of his goalkeeper. But it wasn’t that sort of day for LouCity, which controlled only 43 percent of possession. Added Jimenez: “He’s been there to back us up when we need it.”

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ranjitsingh dazzles in second start back
« Reply #134 on: August 21, 2017, 12:13:07 AM »
By Tate McGarvey (louisvillecityfc.com)

In his second start since winning the goalkeeping job back from Tim Dobrowolski, Louisville City FC’s Greg Ranjitsingh looked Sunday as if he’d never left between the posts.

Ranjitsingh recorded four saves during LouCity’s 3-1 win over Bethlehem Steel FC with a performance that earned him praise not just from teammates — but also the opposition.

“Greg was incredible,” said defender Oscar Jimenez. “This game, he had a few great saves. Even the other team, when they’d run past me and stuff, would be like, ‘This guy’s an animal. I can’t believe he saved that.’ And I’m like, ‘He does that every day.’”

Ranjitsingh and Dobrowolski have split time at goalkeeper this season, with coach James O’Connor saying both deserve to one day play at the Major League Soccer level. From Toronto, Canada, Ranjitsingh stated his case again Sunday.

An early save and subsequent punch-out started things, with LouCity and Bethlehem scoreless then. Then in stoppage time, Steel FC’s Santi Moar put a shot on frame that deserved to score. But diving the opposite way, Ranjitsingh reached for a one-handed stop.

Moar opened the second half with another great look, only to be denied once again on one of eight Bethlehem shots in the box.

“Sometimes we have the ball all the time, and he just needs to be connected with us,” Jimenez said of his goalkeeper. But it wasn’t that sort of day for LouCity, which controlled only 43 percent of possession. Added Jimenez: “He’s been there to back us up when we need it.”
dont know what on earth lawrence is waiting for to call up this upstanding goal keeper instead of insisting on those slippery fingers defective goalies we have.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 21, 2017, 05:46:23 AM »
Its shocking that he is not getting called. It obviously has nothing to do with his ability, normal TTFA bs.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2017, 08:31:31 AM »
Its shocking that he is not getting called. It obviously has nothing to do with his ability, normal TTFA bs.

He gives us a better chance to win, TTFA (or more specifically DJW) can't have that.  We will compete and come within inches so the campaign looks like it was somewhat salvaged to those who haven't been paying attention (most of the socalled fans).

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2017, 10:32:39 AM »

He gives us a better chance to win, TTFA (or more specifically DJW) can't have that.  We will compete and come within inches so the campaign looks like it was somewhat salvaged to those who haven't been paying attention (most of the socalled fans).
Gino..is that you masquerading as Scorps??  ;D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 21, 2017, 11:48:13 AM »

;D Does kinda sound like him. Doh worry, if dais not him now, he'll definitely make his usual comments by the time the Jamaica game is upon us  ;D

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #139 on: August 21, 2017, 08:21:12 PM »

;D Does kinda sound like him. Doh worry, if dais not him now, he'll definitely make his usual comments by the time the Jamaica game is upon us  ;D

reading those comments had me like, "Gino??"
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #140 on: August 22, 2017, 01:35:11 AM »
When vein sociopaths run your national football team from abroad and appoint house negroes locally who would sell out their mother for 100 pieces of silver, of course you would get assnine selection decisions like right now...

You really think the best coach and best team will get selected and allowed to practise and train together to gel, in order to beat the top teams and qualify?

Think again, have a look at the West Indies, parallel paths they say, tony cozier alluded to that external forces are at play in the selection of players...

Boycotting of the best players and the firing of Simmons who was best suited for the role and won...

Now look at TT football, firing of Hart, dropping of captain, Levi and other players dropped or relegated to the bench ...

If you're intelligent you will figure out what's going on, if you're not, you will make every excuse in the book to justify what's happening so you don't rock the boat ...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 01:37:06 AM by Controversial »

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 22, 2017, 09:55:21 AM »

Havent really being keeping up to date eh but the name change really suits him. For months i wondering where this mad man come out. Never know is a man from long time  ;D

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2017, 09:59:42 AM »
If he change he name from Ranjitsingh to Thomas he might get pick.

:rotfl:

« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 10:02:48 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2017, 10:06:30 AM »

:shameonyou:

But I was really referring to Controversial

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 22, 2017, 10:39:12 AM »

Havent really being keeping up to date eh but the name change really suits him. For months i wondering where this mad man come out. Never know is a man from long time  ;D
Having met them both at different T&T games abroad at different times I can attest that they are not the same  :D This is really uncharacteristic of Scorpion tho. lol. I guess that is just a sign of the level of frustration with what TTFA pedaling as sugar these days. Over the top even for the sanest of us!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #145 on: August 22, 2017, 12:01:18 PM »

Having met them both at different T&T games abroad at different times I can attest that they are not the same  :D This is really uncharacteristic of Scorpion tho. lol. I guess that is just a sign of the level of frustration with what TTFA pedaling as sugar these days. Over the top even for the sanest of us!

Why is it over the top? Care to explain your reasoning?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2017, 01:30:12 PM »

hopefully that is not the case, but what if it was especially on the path of that crazy ttfa prez? I am saying this to say that I can't find any possible reason why they keep excluding this young man who has been quite consistent for his club winning all sorts of awards and getting accolades from the league yet they insist on these two unfit goalies that cost us games based on their obviously glaring text book mistakes.

this is quite frustrating to watch match after match when we have better options waiting at our disposal, what are they waiting for maybe for Canada to snatch him up? come on Dennis and cap this lad please.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #147 on: August 22, 2017, 02:33:47 PM »

hopefully that is not the case, but what if it was especially on the path of that crazy ttfa prez? I am saying this to say that I can't find any possible reason why they keep excluding this young man who has been quite consistent for his club winning all sorts of awards and getting accolades from the league yet they insist on these two unfit goalies that cost us games based on their obviously glaring text book mistakes.

this is quite frustrating to watch match after match when we have better options waiting at our disposal, what are they waiting for maybe for Canada to snatch him up? come on Dennis and cap this lad please.

You're applying logical reasoning pull stones but the dictator is all about corruption and sabotage, so nothing logically speaking can explain his behaviour and Tallest behaviour in regards to selection, so you need to look outside of that and think outside the box to rationalize what's taking place

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 22, 2017, 03:15:26 PM »
To be fair guys, let's not forget Hart did call him up and left him on the bench for the USA game when we had already qualified for the Hex. He should have started in that game and ah really cyah understand why Hart did that. So it's not much of a difference to Tallest not calling him up at all. Hopefully, the call comes sooner than later.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #149 on: August 23, 2017, 02:00:40 AM »
To be fair guys, let's not forget Hart did call him up and left him on the bench for the USA game when we had already qualified for the Hex. He should have started in that game and ah really cyah understand why Hart did that. So it's not much of a difference to Tallest not calling him up at all. Hopefully, the call comes sooner than later.

Jan wouldn't have taken the bench tbh and Hart didn't want to disrupt the team chemistry as Jan has a big say on the team

So it wasn't all Hart on that imo

I could be wrong of course

1]; } ?>