March 28, 2024, 09:56:07 AM

Author Topic: Greg Ranjitsingh Thread  (Read 58641 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Greg Ranjitsingh Thread
« Reply #270 on: September 07, 2020, 01:45:57 PM »
Dayne St Clair started the last game for MNUFC. He's biracial. Definitely not a race thing against Greg.
Maybe he a lil more white ?   :rotfl: :rotfl:

https://newsday.co.tt/2019/02/26/star-goalie-with-tt-roots-eyes-canada-call-up/

Greg and Kevin may probably convince him to enjoy his roots but doh study TT football bachanal. If TT football even exist. Focus on the job and programme that you know my youth.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 01:49:57 PM by maxg »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 29, 2020, 08:11:54 AM »
i see  minnesota aquired another keepr as  back up for st clair ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 29, 2020, 09:03:07 AM »

It look like they give Greg three games and that was it. Harsh!
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 29, 2020, 01:14:22 PM »

He injured his knee and requires surgery
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 29, 2020, 04:29:17 PM »

He injured his knee and requires surgery

Ok, did not know that.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 12, 2020, 10:23:28 AM »
As expected, Greg got released by Minnesota United.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Philadelphia Union sign goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh
« Reply #276 on: April 02, 2021, 05:21:30 PM »
Philadelphia Union sign goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh
Philadelphia Union Communications

Philadelphia Union announced today that they have signed goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh to a one-year contract. The 27-year-old will be added to the Union’s active roster effective immediately. Prior to joining the 2020 Supporters’ Shield winning Union, Ranjitsingh won consecutive USL Championship finals before spending time with Orlando City SC and Minnesota United FC.

“With a congested international schedule that will present opportunities to have our keepers called up to their respective national teams, it was important to add Greg to our roster and create depth in our goalkeeper unit” said Ernst Tanner, Philadelphia Union Sporting Director. “He brings experience along with the type of work ethic our system requires, and we look forward to his contributions this season.”

Ranjitsingh played for both Orlando City SC and Minnesota United FC, making five appearances. Ranjitsingh also played for Louisville City in the USL Championship, where he led his team to consecutive titles in 2017 and 2018, keeping clean sheets in both finals. Prior to signing with Louisville City, he played four years of collegiate soccer at Mercer University from 2011-2014. During his senior year he was ranked third nationally in total saves and ninth in save percentage for which he earned the Southern Conference’s Goalkeeper of the Year and earned a spot on the All-Conference team.

Internationally, Ranjitsingh earned a call up to Trinidad and Tobago’s national team in 2016 ahead of the 2018 World Cup qualification. In 2019 he was called up once again where he was subsequently named to the final Gold Cup roster, debuting in a friendly against Canada.

TRANSACTION: Philadelphia Union sign goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh on April 2, 2021.
Name: Greg Ranjitsingh
Position: Goalkeeper
Height: 6’3”
Weight: 195
Born: July 18, 1993
Hometown: Pickering, Ontario
Citizenship: Trinidad and Tobago and Canada
Acquired: Philadelphia Union sign goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh on April 2, 2021.
Previous Experience: Minnesota United FC (2019-2020); Orlando City SC (2018-2019); Louisville City (2015-2018)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #277 on: April 02, 2021, 08:51:13 PM »
Really wish I knew what happened here.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 02, 2021, 09:17:23 PM »

In terms of what?

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 03, 2021, 02:34:17 AM »
it's clear what happened. The article says it lol

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 03, 2021, 06:37:16 AM »
Duncey Dennis failed to cap the lad, that’s what happened there. and every time think of this I get very angry to to point where I lose it just thinking about it. that man was truly a dummy, him and his whole clueless entourage.

BTW didn’t ranjitsingh suffer a season ending injury a few months ago, did he recover already?

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 03, 2021, 09:29:44 AM »
Duncey Dennis failed to cap the lad, that’s what happened there. and every time think of this I get very angry to to point where I lose it just thinking about it. that man was truly a dummy, him and his whole clueless entourage.

BTW didn’t ranjitsingh suffer a season ending injury a few months ago, did he recover already?

I'd like to believe Philadelphia did their homework and that Ranjitsingh is good to go now

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 03, 2021, 09:35:45 AM »

you mind expanding?

the story posted n the info about his injury seem self-explanatory

What I do know is he's going into a highly competitive GK Union with Blake and Bendik and Freese
So minutes may be scarce possibly.
Nothing against Ranjitsingh here as I been wanting him to get capped by T&T for years.
But realistically it's gonna be a battle going up against the GK of the year in Blake

The environment will be highly competitive which can seriously improve his talent as well as working with one of the best GK coaches in the business in Phil Wheddon.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 03, 2021, 10:08:04 AM »
He wasn't contracted to be the #1, but football is football. He's been in that position before. Either way, where he is in club preference should have no bearing on his incorporation into our qualifying effort, although the club wants him around as much as possible.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #284 on: April 03, 2021, 10:13:04 AM »

In terms of what?
I meant in terms of representing us. Successive coaches show little to no interest. Wish I knew what the deal was.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 03, 2021, 10:48:06 AM »

In terms of what?
I meant in terms of representing us. Successive coaches show little to no interest. Wish I knew what the deal was.

Ditto
I've been asking that since he stopped getting called up pre-injury days

Heard ole talk but refused to believe it based on how it was being put out about work ethic. I highly doubt that is the real reason.

While Frenderup looks relatively solid. We need competition in that area.
Kelvin Jack seems to have his head screwed on correctly and seems like a proper professional
So i hope he gives Ranjitsingh the time of day before it's too late. He's heading into his prime after a serious injury --- the ship shouldnt have sailed yet on him

And we have limited options in that position to be coasting this way

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 03, 2021, 11:07:51 AM »

In terms of what?

Hart was interested and called him up for the Caribbean Cup, but it was bad timing because Greg was in the USL Championship playoffs with Louisville ultimately won. And then Hart get de squeeze. After that, there was no rationale for him not earning a number of caps. He had solid performances for Louisville which saw them win back to back USL Cup Championships. Arguably, he should have been the #1 by now. Then maybe Frenderup might have come and displaced him, but they woulda battle it out. The fact that Greg has yet to earn a proper cap is just ludicrous.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 03, 2021, 03:50:20 PM »
Fully agreed Tallman

And it's not a direct attack on Phillip and Foncette
But we need more options that will in turn improve the competition usually and improve the pool

Phillip on the tail end of his career and should be looking at a succession plan
Is it foncette? and if it is, who will be the 2-4 GKs to challenge him consistently

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 03, 2021, 06:50:51 PM »
As they like to say in trinidad, friend thing. Dennis lawrence and russell latapy was famous for that. I remember latapy excluding a lot of better options in favor of the local lads playing in the pro league, it’s almost like the crowd got in their ears by wanting to see their starlets in national colors.

I remember both fenderup and ranjitsingh being called up by Lawrence but he still insist and went with the two locals, not sure if Ross Russell was in his ears but I certainly wouldn’t doubt it, after all its trinidad we’re talking about where the nepotism has been known to reach toxic levels.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 04, 2021, 08:29:53 AM »
I liked DL. But I have to admit he did screw up with Greg. He had enough time to play him and he failed to do that.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 16, 2021, 12:21:34 PM »
As they like to say in trinidad, friend thing. Dennis lawrence and russell latapy was famous for that. I remember latapy excluding a lot of better options in favor of the local lads playing in the pro league, it’s almost like the crowd got in their ears by wanting to see their starlets in national colors.

I remember both fenderup and ranjitsingh being called up by Lawrence but he still insist and went with the two locals, not sure if Ross Russell was in his ears but I certainly wouldn’t doubt it, after all its trinidad we’re talking about where the nepotism has been known to reach toxic levels.

Sad if this is true!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Toronto FC sign goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh
« Reply #293 on: January 21, 2022, 11:08:41 PM »
Toronto FC sign goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh
By Toronto FC Communications

Toronto FC announced today that the club has signed goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh through 2023 with an option for 2024.

“Greg’s experience and mentality make him an excellent addition to our goalkeeper corps this season,” said Toronto FC Head Coach and Sporting Director Bob Bradley.

Ranjitsingh, 28, most recently served as Major League Soccer’s Pool goalkeeper during the 2021 season. Born in Scarborough, Ranjitsingh spent time with Philadelphia Union (2021), Minnesota United FC (2020) and Orlando City SC (2019), making a combined five appearances, before signing as the league’s emergency goalkeeper in July 2021. Prior to MLS, he made 90 appearances for Louisville City FC of the USL Championship through four seasons (2015-2018). He helped lead the club to consecutive USL Cup titles in 2017 and 2018, keeping clean sheets in both finals. Before joining Louisville, Ranjitsingh played college soccer at Mercer University from 2011 to 2014, earning the Southern Conference’s Goalkeeper of the Year award and getting named to the All-Conference team during his senior year.

Internationally, Ranjitsingh was a member of Trinidad and Tobago’s 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup team. He made his first appearance in a closed-door friendly against Canada on June 10, 2019.

TRANSACTION: Toronto FC signs goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh through 2023 with an option for 2024.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Greg Ranjitsingh's Toronto FC homecoming a long time in the works
« Reply #294 on: January 29, 2022, 05:28:33 PM »
Greg Ranjitsingh's Toronto FC homecoming a long time in the works
By Neil Davidson (The Canadian Press)

Greg Ranjitsingh has been a nomadic goalkeeper, with stops in Orlando City, Minnesota United and Philadelphia Union as well as time as an MLS pool 'keeper.

That journey has taken him full circle as he tries to win a job with Toronto FC.

"It's been a long road but I'm finally happy to land at home," said the 28-year-old from Pickering, Ont.

Ranjitsingh spent a week at the TFC training camp last year before joining Philadelphia. In July, he changed his contract to serve as the league's emergency goalkeeper in July 2021. That led to some time with Los Angeles FC where he came under the eye of Bob Bradley, now Toronto's head coach and sporting director.

"That week was pretty important to me to show well and meet Bob and the rest of the staff. I think that kind of led to me coming back home since he knew me," said Ranjitsingh.

In signing Ranjitsingh through 2023 with an option for 2024, Bradley said his "experience and mentality make him an excellent addition to our goalkeeper corps this season."

The six-foot-two, 194-pound Ranjitsingh is one of five 'keepers in camp in Irvine, Calif.

First-team incumbents Alex Bono and Quentin Westberg are joined by Ranjitsingh, 2022 draft pick Luka Gavran and Andreas Vaikla of Toronto FC II.

"So far the group has been great," Ranjitsingh said of the goalkeepers in camp. "I think we're pushing each other. We're all hungry to play. So far it's been a healthy competition."

Ranjitsingh put soccer on hold Friday, flying back to Toronto where wife, Cassandra, is due to give birth to a baby boy Sunday.

The couple have been together since meeting at Notre Dame Catholic Secondary School in Ajax, Ont.

"She's been a big reason for my success. Every team that've I been at she's been there every step of the way," Ranjitsingh said.

Ready to battle for No. 1 'keeper role

Past TFC coaches have said diplomatically that they have had two No. 1 'keepers with Bono, drafted sixth overall by TFC in 2015, and Westberg, who joined the team in February 2019. The two have traded the starting job since Westberg came on board.

Westberg played in 58 regular-season games over the last three years compared to Bono's 34. But Bono had the edge last season, starting 24 of TFC's 34 league matches.

Toronto conceded a franchise-worst 66 goals in 2021, a failure that should be shared among the whole team. But neither incumbent 'keeper seemed particularly at ease.

Bono's salary was listed at $482,000 US last season while Westberg earned $288,583.

Ranjitsingh says his many moves have made him a better 'keeper.

"I've been thrown into many different situations, many different teams," he said. "So I've been able to build up some mental toughness, a tolerance and confidence in myself."

As a pool 'keeper, Ranjitsingh was on call, sometimes flying across the country to spend a week with a team battling injuries or COVID. Based in Philadelphia, he spent time with the Union, Orlando, LAFC and Portland last season.

"I've got a lot of stories, I've got a lot of teams," Ranjitsingh said with a chuckle. "I think it's great. It's just a lot of experiences that are contributing to who I am as a person."

He has appeared in five MLS games, two with Orlando in 2019 and three with Minnesota in 2020.

Prior to coming to MLS, Ranjitsingh made 90 appearances for Louisville City FC of the USL Championship from 2015 to 2018, helping the club to USL Cup titles in 2017 and 2018. He posted shutouts in both finals.

Ranjitsingh played collegiate soccer at Mercer University in Georgia from 2011 to 2014, earning Southern Conference's Goalkeeper of the Year and All-Conference team honours as a senior.

Growing up, he played for Sigma FC, with former TFC fullback Richie Laryea a teammate there.

Internationally, Ranjitsingh has represented Trinidad and Tobago, where his father was born and raised, at the youth level and was on its 2019 Gold Cup team. He played against Canada in a closed-door friendly in June 2019 but has yet to win an official senior cap.

"Right now I'm basically focused on club football," he said. "We'll see where international football takes me."

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 19, 2023, 07:02:15 PM »
Ranjitsingh set for first start in Toronto FC goal
The Canadian Press

With starter Sean Johnson and backup Tomas Romero away on international duty, Greg Ranjitsingh will make his first start in goal for Toronto FC on Wednesday at FC Cincinnati.

The 29-year-old Ranjitsingh will be backed up by Luka Gavran, Toronto's second-round pick (31st overall) in the 2022 MLS SuperDraft. Coach Bob Bradley said the team was working on a short-term loan agreement to get Gavran from TFC II.

Bradley said Toronto will get fullback Richie Laryea and midfielder Jonathan Osorio back for Wednesday's game. They will then leave to rejoin Canada at the Gold Cup ahead of TC's weekend game at New England.

Johnson is with the United States while Romero is in camp with El Salvador.

The 47th-ranked Canadians lost 2-0 to the 13th-ranked U.S. in Sunday's CONCACAF Nations League final in Las Vegas. Canada opens Gold Cup play June 27 against either No. 170 Guyana or unranked Guadeloupe at Toronto's BMO Field before heading to Houston to finish Group D play against No. 116 Guatemala and No. 165 Cuba.

Toronto (3-5-10) last played June 10 when it drew 1-1 with visiting Nashville SC.

Ranjitsingh joined Toronto in January 2022. The Toronto native had stints with the Philadelphia Union (2021), Minnesota United (2020) and Orlando City (2019), making a combined five appearances, before signing as the league’s emergency goalkeeper in July 2021.

As a pool ‘keeper, Ranjitsingh was on call, sometimes flying across the country to spend a week with a team battling injuries or COVID. That included time with Los Angeles FC where he was noticed by then-manager Bradley.

Before that, Ranjitsingh made 90 appearances for Louisville City FC of the USL Championship from 2015 to 2018.

Ranjitsingh trains regularly with Johnson and Romero.

"I think Greg earns confidence with what he does in training … He makes some good saves," said Bradley. "People see that. They always feel like they've got someone behind them who's going to be there and be ready."

Added midfielder Brandon Servania: "He's ready to just step into that role and do what he has to do."

Ranjitsingh, whose last MLS start was in September 2020 for Minnesota against Houston, has played two games recently for TFC II.

Ranjitsingh played collegiate soccer at Mercer University in Georgia from 2011 to 2014, earning Southern Conference’s Goalkeeper of the Year and All-Conference team honours as a senior.

Growing up in Toronto, he played for Sigma FC, with Laryea a teammate there.

Internationally, Ranjitsingh has represented Trinidad and Tobago, where his father was born and raised, at the youth level and was on its 2019 Gold Cup team. He played against Canada in a closed-door friendly in June 2019 but has yet to win an official senior cap.

Bradley said Shane O'Neill is back from injury while fellow centre back Matt Hedges remains a question-mark. Midfielders Michael Bradley, Alonso Coello and Victor Vazquez continue their injury rehab.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 22, 2024, 02:25:38 PM »
Toronto FC sign goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh to a new contract
Toronto FC Communications

Toronto FC announced today that the club has signedgoalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh to a new contract through 2024 with a 2025 option.

Ranjitsingh, 30, made four appearances and registered 14 saves through two seasons (2022, 2023) for the Reds, including his First Team debut against FC Cincinnati on June 21, 2023. He also represented Toronto FC II, registering 25 saves in eight matches across two MLS NEXT Pro seasons (2022, 2023). He originally signed with Toronto FC on January 22, 2022, after serving as Major League Soccer’s Pool goalkeeper during the 2021 season.

Ranjitsingh previously spent time with Philadelphia Union (2021), Minnesota United FC (2020) and Orlando City SC (2019), making a combined five appearances, before signing as the league’s emergency goalkeeper in July 2021. Prior to MLS, he made 90 appearances for Louisville City FC of the USL Championship through four seasons (2015-2018). He helped lead the club to consecutive USL Cup titles in 2017 and 2018, keeping clean sheets in both finals. Before joining Louisville, Ranjitsingh played college soccer at Mercer University from 2011 to 2014, earning the Southern Conference’s Goalkeeper of the Year award and getting named to the All-Conference team during his senior year.

Internationally, Ranjitsingh was a member of Trinidad and Tobago’s 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup team. He made his first appearance in a closed-door friendly against Canada on June 10, 2019.

TRANSACTION: Toronto FC sign goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh through 2024 with a 2025 option.

GREG RANJITSINGH

Position: Goalkeeper

Height: 6’2”

Weight: 202 lbs.

Birthdate: July 18, 1993 (Age – 30)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #297 on: February 22, 2024, 04:04:09 PM »
Could someone explain why Greg is not in the TT team currently?

Offline Marcus868

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 23, 2024, 06:23:46 AM »
[/quote

Simple, the coach feels Defence force has better keepers, no-one could question Denzil Smith and his position, but the current line up has 3 additional defence force keepers.... (they probably have the greatest keeper academy there  ???) In all seriousness, Greg should be apart of the current setup... its unfortunate that he isn't.

Offline Marcus868

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 23, 2024, 06:27:01 AM »

Plus you would think that if our next assignment is Canada, then someone plying their trade in Canada would make sense, but we don't get paid to make sense, we get the honor of supporting the coach.  :frustrated: :frustrated:

1]; } ?>