March 29, 2024, 06:53:34 AM

Author Topic: 2012 Caribbean Cup Thread (round 2).  (Read 29321 times)

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Caribbean Cup Thread.
« Reply #180 on: November 20, 2012, 10:05:24 AM »
Update on the groups for the Final Round of the Caribbean Cup + confirmation there will be live streaming http://www.antiguaobserver.com/?p=83975

If there is one thing I've learned about this tournament, its that you can throw out the form book.  The success of the teams will likely be based largely on the strength of the squad that they are able to bring.  Cuba will be the only one that is largely unchanged (though Dominican Republic might not have too many additions).
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 10:07:50 AM by theworm2345 »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 20, 2012, 02:55:23 PM »
Update on the groups for the Final Round of the Caribbean Cup + confirmation there will be live streaming http://www.antiguaobserver.com/?p=83975

If there is one thing I've learned about this tournament, its that you can throw out the form book.  The success of the teams will likely be based largely on the strength of the squad that they are able to bring.  Cuba will be the only one that is largely unchanged (though Dominican Republic might not have too many additions).
I don't think anyone will have access to their english and french players since they don't have winter breaks, if anything jamaica will make out the best since they are full of MLSers and scandinavian based in their squad who are both on break then.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 20, 2012, 02:57:51 PM »
Would love to make it to this tourney, but money and time funny. can't deal with this no coverage bullsh!t. hope degicel and CFU finds ah way to make these game accessible to the viewing public.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 20, 2012, 03:10:08 PM »
I don't think anyone will have access to their english and french players since they don't have winter breaks, if anything jamaica will make out the best since they are full of MLSers and scandinavian based in their squad who are both on break then.
Some English players will come, Antigua most likely to bring some in (though you never know now that their coach is gone).  French Guiana will likely need some of their French-based players too.

Read my last post, there will be live streaming available as well.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 20, 2012, 03:26:49 PM »
Some English players will come, Antigua most likely to bring some in (though you never know now that their coach is gone).  French Guiana will likely need some of their French-based players too.

Read my last post, there will be live streaming available as well.
Yeh i read it quite clear, but the last degicel and the one before that they said the same thing and i believed them to my own detriment, so i'll believe when i see it, in which case i may not, bc i'm trying to see if i could get a ticket to antigua to take in this tourney live.

as for those french players, i seriously doubt it, their league is not on break until january.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 03:35:50 PM by just cool »

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 20, 2012, 05:50:39 PM »
Yeh i read it quite clear, but the last degicel and the one before that they said the same thing and i believed them to my own detriment, so i'll believe when i see it, in which case i may not, bc i'm trying to see if i could get a ticket to antigua to take in this tourney live.

as for those french players, i seriously doubt it, their league is not on break until january.
All matches were live on CONCACAF.com last time.  From the sounds of it though you might need to update some of your software.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 05:54:03 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Caribbean Cup finals set for December 7 start
« Reply #186 on: November 20, 2012, 07:38:46 PM »
Caribbean Cup finals set for December 7 start
CONCACAF.com

Two-time defending champion Jamaica will begin its quest for a sixth overall Caribbean Cup title against French Guyana on December 8, a day after the tournament finals start with a doubleheader featuring Haiti vs. Trinidad, and host Antigua vs. the Dominican Republic.

The complete schedule for finals of the 17th biennial championship, to be played December 7-16, was released Tuesday by the Caribbean Football Union and features a match on the final day of group play between five-time champion Jamaica and Cuba, which has reached the semifinals in each of the last six tries.

Besides crowning the regional champion, the tournament decides the Caribbean's four berths in next year's CONCACAF Gold Cup.

This year's finals includes all four teams that have won the Caribbean crown, eight-time champion Trinidad & Tobago, Jamaica, 1993 winner Martinique and 2007 champion Haiti.

Six of the eight participants have finished in the top four except the Dominican Republic and French Guyana, which is making its first appearance in the finals since 1995.

Antigua, the Dominican Republic, Haiti and Trinidad will contest Group A at the Antigua Recreation Ground in St. John's, while Group B with Cuba, French Guyana, Jamaica and Martinique will be played at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium in North Sound.

The top two teams in each group will advance to the semifinals and qualify for the Gold Cup.

Caribbean Cup Finals
(All times U.S. Eastern; local times in parentheses)
FIRST ROUND
Group A
At St. John's, Antigua
Friday, December 7

Haiti vs. Trinidad & Tobago, 5 p.m. (6 p.m.)
Antigua & Barbuda vs. Dominican Republic, 7 p.m. (8 p.m.)
Sunday, December 9
Dominican Republic vs. Haiti, 4 p.m. (5 p.m.)
Antigua & Barbuda vs. Trinidad & Tobago, 6 p.m. (7 p.m.)
Tuesday, December 11
Trinidad & Tobago vs. Dominican Republic, 4 p.m. (5 p.m.)
Antigua & Barbuda vs. Haiti, 6 p.m. (7 p.m.)

Group B
At North Sound, Antigua
Saturday, December 8

Martinique vs. Cuba, 4 p.m. (5 p.m.)
Jamaica vs. French Guyana, 6 p.m. (7 p.m.)
Monday, December 10
Cuba vs. French Guyana, 4 p.m. (5 p.m.)
Jamaica vs. Martinique, 6 p.m. (7 p.m.)
Wednesday, December 11
French Guyana vs. Martinique, 4 p.m. (5 p.m.)
Jamaica vs. Cuba, 6 p.m. (7 p.m.)

SEMIFINALS*
At St. John's, Antigua
Friday, December 14

Group A winner vs. Group B runner-up, 4 p.m. (5 p.m.)
Group B winner vs. Group A runner-up, 6 p.m. (7 p.m.)

FINALS
At North Sound, Antigua
Sunday, December 16
Third Place

Semifinal losers, 4 p.m. (5 p.m.)
Championship
Semifinal winners, 6 p.m. (7 p.m.)

*Order of matches subject to change

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 20, 2012, 08:06:25 PM »
That will be a tough first game against Haiti. Also I would have preferred we play the last game on the Tuesday just in case things are tight...by the way why would they say the order of matches is subject to change, seems rather curious  :thinking:

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 20, 2012, 08:19:39 PM »
That will be a tough first game against Haiti. Also I would have preferred we play the last game on the Tuesday just in case things are tight...by the way why would they say the order of matches is subject to change, seems rather curious  :thinking:
That's just for the semifinal matches.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Caribbean Cup Thread (round 2).
« Reply #189 on: December 09, 2012, 04:53:44 AM »
Jamaica, cuba and antigua seem to have been bogged down by trying to make it to the hex. out of all of the upsets so far, i think french guiana's victory was the most shocking of all.   :o

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Caribbean Cup Thread (round 2).
« Reply #190 on: December 09, 2012, 04:57:40 AM »
Cyar see or hear nothing from truehatian at all, normallynhe would post during or after the games. like he waiting it out until the round ends or what?

1]; } ?>