March 28, 2024, 11:35:47 AM

Author Topic: Warriors are in Georgetown  (Read 4828 times)

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warriors are in Georgetown
« on: November 09, 2011, 05:05:51 PM »
Warriors are in Georgetown.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago’s senior footballers will have their first feel of the playing surface at the Providence National Stadium on Thursday morning ahead of Friday’s all important 2014 World Cup qualifier against Guyana at 8pm.

Skipper Kenwyne Jones and his nineteen teammates touched down in Georgetown at 8:25 am following their 55-minute flight from Piarco before completing a 60-minute bus journey to the King’s Plaza where the team will be based for the next three days.

The hotel, a newly refurbished facility is located downtown Georgetown. Head coach Otto Pfister later put his charges through a mid-evening training session at the nearby Police Grounds.

Slovakia-based striker Lester Peltier, still brimming from his hattrick performance in the previous 4-0 win over Barbados, realizes that Friday’s encounter will prove to be a sterner test for the visiting “Soca Warriors”.

Peltier mesmerized the Guyanese defence in a 1-1 draw in a friendly back in September 2010 as T&T hit the woodwork three times  but this time around the “Golden Jaguars” have changed up their ammunition and their attack is being plotted by Trinidadian Jamaal Shabazz.

“It’s different times now and the Guyana team has improved since the last time we played them so we have to be well prepared and ready to face a difficult challenge,” Peltier told TTFF Media.

“But I also believe that we have the drive and the belief to come here and do a job. We need a good result and then go back home and finish things off.

Obviously they are at home in the first match and they hold that advantage but we’ve played outside before needing a good result and we have accomplished that.  I’d like to see us turn up with one of our better performances and play the football to get a positive finish,” added the AS Trencin player.

Assistant coach Anton Corneal scored a 68th minute goal to lead T&T to a 1-0 victory over Guyana in Georgetown the last time the two countries met here in a World Cup qualifier, which was during the 1990 “Road to Italy” Campaign. He believes that every player must be at 100 percent  during the affair.

“We have the potential to come here and get a result but we are also mindful of Guyana’s record and their capabilities. It’s a very big game for them and we need to avoid all forms of complacency," said Corneal.

"But we also need to have every single member of our team give it their all, give one hundred percent and to dig deep when it becomes necessary during the match and that must go from the opening whistle.

“In the past we’ve had teams where a lot of people believed in and people also had little faith in. This team has a chance to prove that they must not be written off.

Our anniversary for the 2006 qualification is a few days away (November 16) and we had a team there that was led by a captain (Dwight Yorke) who led his teammates by example, giving everything and enjoying one of his best spells in a national uniform and he got the rest of the team to give everything, especially when some may have expected them to falter.

That kind of spirit and drive is what we need again and this match on Friday is the ideal time for us to show exactly the kind of mettle we are made of,” Corneal added.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ciIWVc3sMCk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ciIWVc3sMCk</a>
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 07:03:39 PM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors are in Georgetown
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 11:41:59 PM »
Goodluck fellas, represent :duel:

Wait nah, Hyland rocking ah man purse dey or a sachel or whatever dey call it? Like my boy is a true European now.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 07:27:14 AM »

Wait nah, Hyland rocking ah man purse dey or a sachel or whatever dey call it? Like my boy is a true European now.
smh....alyuh men jokey yes

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 08:32:38 AM »
is ah small ting eh....but like we doh have travel clothes or wha! Birchall rocking de 06 juzzy and dem oddahs rockin de home red. Wa'is dah one.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 10:39:44 AM »

Dude is ah Ipad!  Yuh livin in ah f**kin cave aought hoss?!! :rotfl:

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 10:54:25 AM »

Killa check it again, de man have an iPad in he hand and ah "louis V" sachel/man purse 'rong he shoulder.....
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 11:11:27 AM »
Is it just me or we been rocking dem "sachel" thing for years (or least long time we used to?) in Trinidad...older heads come in on this???

So Hyland have an iPad in he hand.....AND he have a "sachel" thingie TOO!!!

Yeah I don't get why we wearing we game kit as we travel wear, BUT in de grand scheme of things...SMALL THING:)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 11:15:16 AM »
wey stern dey me eh see him in dem pictures or he waiting on the flight attendants to help  him push the  wheel chair??

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 11:30:32 AM »

Killa check it again, de man have an iPad in he hand and ah "louis V" sachel/man purse 'rong he shoulder.....

Weeey is good ting yuh tell meh caw I din see dat atall nah.  Yo succaman sorry hoss ah din see it lol.  Buh wid all dat in de second pic it more resemble ah messanger bag (poor man briefcase).  First pic it lookin like a different bag from the next pic
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 11:32:30 AM by Flickin Killa a/k/a Mad Scorpion »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 11:48:54 AM »
is ah small ting eh....but like we doh have travel clothes or wha! Birchall rocking de 06 juzzy and dem oddahs rockin de home red. Wa'is dah one.

I feel addidas does allow TT to make this old uniform to wear. Addidas has change the uniform design about 3 times after 2006 and we still wearing 2006 design. It is unbelievable. We getting rejects or what?

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 11:59:30 AM »
Is it just me or we been rocking dem "sachel" thing for years (or least long time we used to?) in Trinidad...older heads come in on this???

So Hyland have an iPad in he hand.....AND he have a "sachel" thingie TOO!!!

Yeah I don't get why we wearing we game kit as we travel wear, BUT in de grand scheme of things...SMALL THING:)
Otto have dem men conditioned....As they land fellas going straight to the field and practice....
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 12:04:48 PM »

Weeey is good ting yuh tell meh caw I din see dat atall nah.  Yo succaman sorry hoss ah din see it lol.  Buh wid all dat in de second pic it more resemble ah messanger bag (poor man briefcase).  First pic it lookin like a different bag from the next pic
I don't care what you call it, its a man purse...he's been in Belgium too long.  Next he'll be wearing a "fanny pack."

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 12:11:03 PM »
I find that odd...as we used to have a red polo for traveling. In fact them fellas had suit too and they used to have a white and black collared polo as well.

The adidas sponsorship I feel run out...dais why them fellas ent see no new clothes in a while.

and yuh know what is the WUSS ting about about it...Guyana coach, Hyron Best aka Shabazz up to the other day in the commission of Coup was still wearing he TTFF tracksuit.

p.s...I agree a Murse is real filth.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 12:21:35 PM »
I find that odd...as we used to have a red polo for traveling. In fact them fellas had suit too and they used to have a white and black collared polo as well.

The adidas sponsorship I feel run out...dais why them fellas ent see no new clothes in a while.

and yuh know what is the WUSS ting about about it...Guyana coach, Hyron Best aka Shabazz up to the other day in the commission of Coup was still wearing he TTFF tracksuit.

p.s...I agree a Murse is real filth.

shabazz dry cleaning bill is probably half his salary to continue wearing that ttff tracksuit

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2011, 12:24:35 PM »
Alyuh really debating if the man have a satchel or "man purse"??? I find that even more funny than the fact he have it. I personally don't see the big issue but I guess it all depends on what u are exposed to.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 12:31:56 PM »
wey stern dey me eh see him in dem pictures or he waiting on the flight attendants to help  him push the  wheel chair??

war

Yuh too __________ disrespectful.   :angel:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 12:40:13 PM »
That eh no murse, that is ah messenger bag... Where else he suppose to put the iPad?

A messenger bag is strapped over the shoulder and is rectangular/square in shape. Is ah bess flick for the city life, you aint hadda deal with an obzukky backpack and you aint hadda deal with holding a briefcase in yuh hand.

Ah murse on the other hand have straps where yuh could hold it in yuh hand or on yuh forearm like a woman. Sometimes it even shape like a handbag with buckles, buttons and the works. To see a grown ass man walking the road with that is a travesty.

PS: Glad we focusing on the crucial issues ahead of the game.  ;D

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 01:23:27 PM »
whey sah...plenty Project Runway fashionistas on de football side these days
btw allyuh could tell mih what colours ah should be wearing this fall

anyway, some one ah allyuh math people try and figure out how 11-11-11 does convert to a soca warriors win and done nah

I always love Touches use of the word filth
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 01:43:10 PM »

war

Yuh too __________ disrespectful.   :angel:
stern is mi boi man doh worry I hoping one a dem felas who does peep this forum tell him wey I say!!!!!!!!!!!!!

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 06:33:51 PM »
That eh no murse, that is ah messenger bag... Where else he suppose to put the iPad?

A messenger bag is strapped over the shoulder and is rectangular/square in shape. Is ah bess flick for the city life, you aint hadda deal with an obzukky backpack and you aint hadda deal with holding a briefcase in yuh hand.

Ah murse on the other hand have straps where yuh could hold it in yuh hand or on yuh forearm like a woman. Sometimes it even shape like a handbag with buckles, buttons and the works. To see a grown ass man walking the road with that is a travesty.

Ah fine yuh well-informed about such items.  :whistling:  ;D 
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 06:35:19 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  All yuh good ilde for trute....

anyway, some one ah allyuh math people try and figure out how 11-11-11 does convert to a soca warriors win and done nah

1 is 1.....strength and powers..... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 07:01:52 PM »

CO-FLICKIN-SIGN :rotfl:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 10:17:25 PM »
Ah murse eh, seen, ah learn someting new  :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2011, 10:38:54 PM »
Come nah man allyuh, this is no time tuh harp on ah man's apparel, this never cease to amaze me the way ppl would miss the main point and stray off on some triviality fuh the life of the whole fackin thread.

so the man rocking ah purse, european tote, napsack, whatever the fack, do we really need tuh talk about this whole day ppl! especially on the eve of one of our biggest game.

like bigmag says, play de fackin football, in this case lew we talk de fackin football ppl.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2011, 10:43:38 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: satchel, murse, purse. Man on the forum need something to ease they tension. Allyuh scare for tomorrow or what?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2011, 12:31:07 AM »

dinho has just been spotted at the team hotel in georgetown...

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2011, 03:49:17 AM »

dinho has just been spotted at the team hotel in georgetown...

:D

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2011, 12:09:19 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: satchel, murse, purse. Man on the forum need something to ease they tension. Allyuh scare for tomorrow or what?
It was all in an effort to lighten the mood in the forum for todays game. Personally I don't care what apparell or accessory the players wear, I was jus messing around since it's a fashion trend in Europe right now and not so much in other places. It was all in good fun and thanks to Dinho I can now distinguish between the two types of hand bags ;D

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2011, 12:51:00 PM »
Whoever doing the Warriors laundry doing a real good job...watch Hyland sleeve.

The man have a proper SEAM on a polyester football jersey.

:rotfl:

Either the launderer real real good...or Hyland heself have discipline to set he iron on low with a wet cloth and press out he garment.

I ent lucky with iron and ting atall...I already had a prior incident with meh Latapy jersey.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2011, 01:12:13 PM »
Whoever doing the Warriors laundry doing a real good job...watch Hyland sleeve.

The man have a proper SEAM on a polyester football jersey.

:rotfl:

Either the launderer real real good...or Hyland heself have discipline to set he iron on low with a wet cloth and press out he garment.

I ent lucky with iron and ting atall...I already had a prior incident with meh Latapy jersey.

*chuckles*

Laaawwdd fadder, first he carrying murse now he does iron he juzzy.....aye all yuh good yes.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>