April 25, 2024, 07:06:59 AM

Author Topic: Jlloyd on the comeback trail  (Read 1879 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jlloyd on the comeback trail
« on: February 10, 2011, 05:51:10 AM »
Jlloyd on the comeback trail
bwfc.co.uk

Jlloyd Samuel says that he is pleased with the progress that he has made after returning to training with his Wanderers team-mates.

The full-back ruptured his left thigh muscle back in August and has missed all of the season so far as a result.

But having stepped up his rehabilitation over the last few weeks, he is now looking forward to re-establishing himself amongst the first-team squad.

"This type of injury is quite rare in football and is something that you would most likely expect to find in rugby," explained Samuel.

"I've been working hard to get myself fit and have been back training with the rest of the lads for about a week now. Fingers crossed things will continue going well and I will be back to full fitness again in next to no time.

"I had to have surgery to reattach the muscle back together and so it was quite a big operation, but because I have been out for quite a long time then I'm obviously enjoying being back involved at the moment.

"I'll hopefully train again for a few weeks and then I will look to play a couple of games with the reserves and see how everything goes."

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jlloyd on the comeback trail
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 08:23:22 PM »
Man City Res 2 Wanderers Res 3
The Bolton News

JLLOYD Samuel made his first appearance in a Wanderers shirt in more than 10 months in last night’s victory over Manchester City in Hyde.

The full-back, whose last competitive appearance at the Reebok was last March against Manchester United, helped the second string keep up their excellent run of recent form which now reads four wins in their last five games.

Samuel has been out of action since the summer with a serious thigh injury but took a big step on the road to recovery by playing 90 minutes of a comfortable win
, marred only by a handful of first half injures that prompted 11 minutes of added on time.

Danny Ward limped off for Wanderers, while City lost three players - keeper Gunnar Neilsen, Ryan McGivern and Tom Smith.

Salford-born defender Joe Riley was impressive on the right, having a hand in two of Wanderers’ three goals. And his contribution might well have given Owen Coyle some food for thought, given the current dearth of full-backs at his disposal in the senior squad.

The Whites were good value for their lead when they edged ahead early on with an Adam Blakeman penalty, given for a trip on the lively Tom Eaves.

It proved a double blow for City, who then lost the Faroe Islands keeper on a stretcher before his replacement Erik Johansen was beaten from 12 yards.

Riley then came into his own, supplying an excellent cross for Obadeyi to double the lead from close range.

Michael O’Halloran made it three with a composed finish after more good work from Riley down the right hand side, and at that point it looked as if City were in for a long night.

But they steadied the ship before the break with Alex Nimeley pulling a goal back just before the interval.

The two sides had drawn one apiece a few weeks ago at Leyland, but despite having Michael Johnson marshalling the midfield, the junior Blues struggled to match the pace and organisation of their opponents.

It was a case of damage limitation for both sides in the second half, and while City did threaten to make a game of it, the only time they managed to break through came a minute from time when Andrea Mancini – son of City boss Roberto - finished off a flowing move.

Wanderers: Lainton; Riley; Samuel; McQuade; Connolly; Blakeman; Obadeyi; Vela (Irwin 90); Eaves; O’Halloran; Ward ((McGeechan 30) Sampson 90). Not used: Lynch; Hampson.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Coyle cautious over Samuel return
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 08:04:16 AM »
Coyle cautious over Samuel return
The Press Association

Bolton boss Owen Coyle believes defender Jlloyd Samuel is in need of another two reserve matches before completing his long-awaited comeback.

Samuel has not played for Coyle's side since a pre-season friendly with Osasuna in August due to a ruptured thigh. But the former Aston Villa left-back is now firmly on the road to full fitness after playing the full 90 minutes of Bolton's 3-2 reserve team victory over Manchester City this week.

"Jlloyd did very well to come back and play through the reserve game given he had been out for months," said Coyle. "He's back training with the group, but he's only had one reserve game, so he's certainly not in contention to face Newcastle (on Saturday)."

He added: "However, he is progressing, which is great because he's a terrific lad as well as a top player.
"We hope that with another couple of reserve games then he'll be right back in the mix.

"That will be great because the loss of Zat Knight (knee) and Sam Ricketts (Achilles), who have been hugely influential as part of our group this season, were big blows."

Coyle has also confirmed another defender in Gretar Steinsson, who has been out for a month with a knee injury, may come into contention for the trip to St James' Park.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 12:04:43 PM »
Very nice read chronicling the articles about Jlloyd's road to recovery... and good to read Coyle's assessment of his abilities and character.  For a while there I was starting to worry about his role  with the first team.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 08:49:25 AM »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Samuel eyes top flight return
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 10:08:11 AM »
Samuel eyes top flight return
Sky Sports

Free agent Jlloyd Samuel is targeting a top flight club after being released by Bolton.

The defender is looking for a new challenge following four seasons with the Trotters after being told he was not part of Owen Coyle's future plans.

Injury meant the former Aston Villa full-back did not make a first-team appearance at the Reebok Stadium last term before being shipped out on loan to Cardiff in March, for whom he made seven appearances in their failed promotion bid from the Championship.

Now without employment, the Trinidad and Tobago star has every faith that his agent will find him a new club in the top division.

The 30-year-old told Sky Sports News: "It is one man's opinion (why he did not stay at Bolton). Obviously if he comes in and doesn't like what he sees, then he will just change it.

Didn't help

"As I said myself being injured didn't help and the team was doing very well so it was hard for me to even have an argument really of what was going to happen so it was a factor for myself to get fit, get ready and to go again."

While Samuel played seven games on loan at Cardiff, he believes he is good enough to earn his living in the top flight.

"Everyone wants to play in the Premier League, it's the best in the world. I still think I'm capable of doing that but it's just getting that opportunity and if given that opportunity, I'm sure I can show people what I can still do," he said.

"Unfortunately for myself as I said I only played in the last few games which was at Cardiff but it was nice to be just playing football and for me the season probably finished too early."

As regards his agent, he said: "At the end of the day, I've been with them for a bit and it's in their hands as well as mine and it's up to the managers now to see what they're going for."

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 11:05:16 AM »
This could be a really good pick up for a newly promoted side like QPR, Swansea or Norwich... All the best Jlloyd  :beermug:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 04:41:01 AM »
Samuel targets top flight return.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Free agent Jlloyd Samuel is targeting a top flight club after being released by Bolton. The defender is looking for a new challenge following four seasons with the ‘Trotters’ after being told he was not part of Owen Coyle’s future plans.

Injury meant the T&T full-back did not make a first-team appearance at the Reebok Stadium last term before being shipped out on loan to Cardiff in March, for whom he made seven appearances in their failed promotion bid from the Championship.

Now without employment, he has every faith that his agent will find him a new club in the top division.
The 30-year-old told Sky Sports News: “It is one man’s opinion (why he did not stay at Bolton). Obviously if he comes in and doesn’t like what he sees, then he will just change it.

“As I said myself being injured didn’t help and the team was doing very well so it was hard for me to even have an argument really of what was going to happen, so it was a factor for myself to get fit, get ready and to go again.” While Samuel played seven games on loan at Cardiff, he believes he is good enough to earn his living in the top flight.

“Everyone wants to play in the Premier League, it’s the best in the world. I still think I’m capable of doing that but it’s just getting that opportunity and if given that opportunity, I’m sure I can show people what I can still do,” he said.

“Unfortunately for myself as I said I only played in the last few games which was at Cardiff but it was nice to be just playing football and for me the season probably finished too early.”
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 09:19:17 AM »
Poor fella, we go never get to see him play for T&T again.....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>