March 28, 2024, 11:23:31 PM

Author Topic: Everybody please pitch een here  (Read 6309 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Everybody please pitch een here
« on: November 11, 2011, 07:58:51 PM »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
Re: Everybody please pitch een here
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 08:02:54 PM »
I for one fed up rebuilding.  We seem to be stuck in the past.  Ah not grabbing hold of that shovel though Palos, since ah cyah take credit for what has transpired.  I am only a die-hard supporter.

To this I say thanks to Jack and Camps for the not building on what we accomplished in 2006.  I hope this is truly the final chapter of the Jack and Ollie saga and we move on fresh from here. The last epithet in their legacy.

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 08:08:14 PM »
I for one fed up rebuilding.  We seem to be stuck in the past.  Ah not grabbing hold of that shovel though Palos, since ah cyah take credit for what has transpired.  I am only a die-hard supporter.

To this I say thanks to Jack and Camps for the not building on what we accomplished in 2006.  I hope this is truly the final chapter of the Jack and Ollie saga and we move on fresh from here. The last epithet in their legacy.

Blessings

Hopefully this IS rock bottom indeed and we can start to rebuild PROPERLY.

I have a uncomfortable sense that it's not though.

A result like this and in fact....our performances and lack of preparation should be cause enough to cause a "normal" footballing country to make radical and drastic changes for the better, but we're not a footballing country.  We just like to watch it.  And the apathy of the footballing public towards our national and domestic football suggests that things will continue to get worse.  I don't see any silver lining or hope on the horizon any time soon
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Lower St. John

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 08:15:23 PM »
... we're not a footballing country.  We just like to watch it.

Agreed. In Trinbago even when we hit rock bottom, the administrators have a way of being able to tunnel through rock and put us even lower than before. We can only hold out hope that something is better on the horizon.

Blessings

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 08:21:04 PM »
Fellas, this lost might be a blessing disguise!

We now have to face the reality of our football and that we need to rebuild from scratch as we have nowhere else to go now but up!!

Let’s start with cleaning out and rebuilding the TTFF, starting with getting a new honest, passionate President who truly cares about our football in place!

Brent Sancho, you got my 100% support, forget about Controv and them imbeciles!!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 08:23:34 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 08:24:01 PM »
We need a revolution in the TTFF and in local football at all levels. We are not serious, and I agree. This is not a true football country. We like to watch football, talk about La Liga and the EPL, but tonight's loss will not provoke the same response such a defeat would provoke in a REAL football country..

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 08:25:41 PM »
We need a revolution in the TTFF and in local football at all levels. We are not serious, and I agree. This is not a true football country. We like to watch football, talk about La Liga and the EPL, but tonight's loss will not provoke the same response such a defeat would provoke in a REAL football country..

Yep. Learned that the hard way.    We only interested in entertainment.
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Maybe now we could try something different ?
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 08:27:20 PM »
Well now seems like a good time to repeat the call for a proper development path for football, as we no longer have world Cup concerns to cloud our vision. Now we can put things in perspective, unencumbered by great expectations ..... realistically speaking though ...how many of us can say we felt we had a team good enough to challenge for a place in the next world Cup ?

Our loss to Guyana was in keeping with our form on this campaign now that the dust has settled .... Guyana came into the game with a better point total after playing the same teams we did and they were playing at home . We may think what happened tonight was an upset but it would more likely have been an upset if we had won .

I dont want to comment on the game as I only had radio commentary from two people who were describing what should have happened rather than what happened. If I seem to be calm and not ruffled ...it is only because I have been there and  seen that ...several times already. !!
we need a comprehensive development plan ...one which includes Players, coaches, sports writers, commentators, etc. ....we far behind the 8th ball folks . teams that beat us now are not necessarily WC candidates themselves.

I will say again ..unless we look closely at what happens to our young aspirants between the ages of 12-19 ...we would again be missing a great opportunity to rise from the ashes. All is not lost ...look at Argentina with the world's best players and some of the world's best players ...they too are struggling.

I really hope for football sake that guys like Brent Sancho and Shaka Hislop can put aside the past and come together with our marketable guys like Yorke and latapy ( maybe too much to ask ) to promote and propel T&T football. We have only one way forward at this point  ...UP !!!!! We cant even look across at any teams now.
So many may see this defeat as the end ..I however see it as a beginning ... I just hope the new driver can drive !

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 08:32:26 PM »
I keep remidin all yuh we is d land of d limbo so rock bottom real low.

All yuh remember d old joke Aids kill Rock bottom? It just came back 2 me
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maybe now we could try something different ?
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 08:34:12 PM »
same i only here other men comments bout d game so i not tlkin bout dat  ....but effing guyana obviously trini football in a mess at alll levels ( under 23 the only hope ) but seriously look at the pro league ssfl nothing can even compare to 3 yrs ago and back then it wasnt even that good im jus fed up .... we need a serious change if we not even in the top 3 of caribbean football jam guyanna cuba and even bermuda close this is rel sh!t

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 08:35:45 PM »
Revolution to clean out and rebuild the TTFF with new personell needs to start now!!

Sancho for President!!  :mackdaddy:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2011, 08:37:06 PM »
Men talking about hitting rock bottom as though we guaranteed to bottom out. The flip side of rock bottom is the descision to stop and move up. And Last I checked the same people are still wreaking havoc on football with no sign of stopping. I cyah see no end to the free-fall or no soft landing from here. 

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 08:37:17 PM »
Like an SOE?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2011, 08:38:11 PM »
Men talking about hitting rock bottom as though we guaranteed to bottom out. The flip side of rock bottom is the descision to stop and move up. And Last I checked the same people are still wreaking havoc on football with no sign of stopping. I cyah see no end to the free-fall or no soft landing from here. 

ENTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Offline Born Again!

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2011, 08:40:10 PM »
I agree with your points although the reality is this is just one big frustrating cycle. What next 2018! It's 2011 for heaven's sakes. The bottom fell out tonight. The dream is destroyed for another generation of T&T ballers. Just a lot earlier than before. Failing to qualify for Gold cups was the writing on the wall. But this lot had their destiny in their hands, gave away another foolish away goal early in the game and lost it. We seem to never learn. SW have been on consistent downward spiral and where is JW and Camps? Bloodsuckers of our football. Look how they left us!!!!!!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2011, 08:46:58 PM »

Look here Zando, go easy on the reality nah?! Men like Cont and dem on suicide watch right now, like you want to push them over the edge or what?! :worried:

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 08:48:10 PM »
same i only here other men comments bout d game so i not tlkin bout dat  ....but effing guyana obviously trini football in a mess at alll levels ( under 23 the only hope ) but seriously look at the pro league ssfl nothing can even compare to 3 yrs ago and back then it wasnt even that good im jus fed up .... we need a serious change if we not even in the top 3 of caribbean football jam guyanna cuba and even bermuda close this is rel sh!t

...but you see the knee jerk reaction already with calls to bring back Bertil..then is put Shabazz ..then bring back Latapy etc. Folks we must call a spade a spade ...... all this biggin up of mediocre players who have to go on trials in countries  with  names we can hardly  pronounce ...I have a feeling I wrote this already .... we must be more realistic ....physically challenged may sound good but it does not say what is wrong ... de old days was easier I tell you ...you din have to ask about clock, winey, goat head , slim and its alive ! You called it as you saw it ..but these days , not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings and not wanting to damage anyone's self esteem we fraid to call de ting you does use to dig up de ground ..ah spade !

So unless and until we face de facts and accept that we have work to do , we wont do the work that is necessary to get us out of the hole we have found ourselves in and maybe then try to use de same spade , now that we know what it really is and what it does, to get out.
It wont be easy but many have been made better when they realised that they were on the wrong path ...remember ..when you dont know where you are going ...any road will take you there ..

Offline Born Again!

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 08:54:25 PM »
We have probably not even seen rock bottom. Look at the state of our youth football. No proper development. Plus it looks like make out scene, selling drugs, entertainment, gangster chronicles, money making bobol at any means and gun toting has replaced the old passion we had for the beautiful gamed sport on the whole. The sad reality is that T&T is no longer the idealic island paradise. Corruption has rotted everything. May the Lord have mercy on the place we call home!

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 08:57:06 PM »
The entire football admin is a waste water facility they stuck in the mire
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 09:03:25 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Lower St. John

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 08:57:14 PM »
Rebuilding the administration is critical and it has to start there, but we have folks in the public and on this forum that continually indicates on one hand that we need to rebuild from fresh but on the next hand keep calling for "past" players.  I continue to hear folks talk about Carlos Edwards as though he is our big player but I think they are still stuck looking at footage of him in Germany 2006.  Carlos is still a good defender, good at winning the ball but he waste almost 90% of the balls going forward in the last third of the field.  And I am being generous in saying only 90%.  K. Jones needs good service or he is a non-factor. If no one is able to create for him then there is no room for him in the starting eleven. His first touch has been and continues to be piss poor.  Getting him the ball in the air is the primary way to make him a factor.  Keon Daniel appears to be so uninterested in being out there more times than not. Stern, whom I love, but he has lost a step for the international game.  Plus we have the usual idiots calling for Latas, Scotland, and anyone of the 2006 veterans.  Please, let us seriously move forward.  We have some talent at the Under 23 level, which we need to start breeding into the team from now.

Blessings

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2011, 08:59:18 PM »

We have probably not even seen rock bottom. ........ May the Lord have mercy on the place we call home!

Sad and probably true. No pain no gain and is plenty trouble comin', plenty trouble. Watch the tenor of these threads.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2011, 09:01:56 PM »
I think the biggest handicap this rounds was not qualifying for the Gold Cup.  That is where we develop players' ability to perform in competition.  In the past we never got great friendies to use as prep but we still made the hex.  For the past 2 Gold Cups we have been deprived of competing in our region against the teams we play in WCQ.  That is crucial for us.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2011, 09:06:55 PM »
Jack Warner, Oliver Camps, Richard Groden, Jamal Shabaaz, Look Loy and Watson should die !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and then things go get better...
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2011, 09:10:21 PM »
USA!!!!!! USA!!!!! USA!!!!!!!

Well if ah goin Brazil ah gotta back somebody.......

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2011, 09:56:15 PM »
That hard truth is that Trinidad and Tobago has not evolved the necessary leadership on any level that would maximize it's God given resources.   Whether that be concerning sports, industry, oil or government.  We are still navigating the products of our beginning as a country and nation.  The flip side is that what we have been able to achieve we should not have done it at all but we did it any anyway.  We have peaked.  The next natural course in the cycle is decline.  Like Zando said this may not be the bottom but I'm hopeful for us because the leaders are coming. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Born Again!

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T = THE REPEATING BROKEN RECORD
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2011, 06:07:20 AM »
Here I am again. Just got up from another bumpy night's sleep because of this team. Oh yes, I remember now, last night we lost 2-1 to Guyana? We are out of the runnings for Brasil 2014. Is it now 2018 for sure??!!! Imagine that we could not even keep a clean sheet or at least get a draw with the powerhouse that is Guyana! No think about what I just wrote..... Is Guyana a regional powerhouse? Well funded and well structured, with brilliant facilities loads of practise games and a well paid in US dollars international coach? Maybe not, but what Guyana did was study how and what it takes to beat the 'Mighty Soca Warriors'.... What is it? What is that magical substance needed to beat the men in Red, White and Black? Jamaica seemed to have it and recently Bermuda got it right as well. But what is that magical substance that Guyana needed to pull off their FIRST VICTORY IN 14 attempts on the night that it really mattered in a stadium and a pitch that reeked of dire lack (No insult meant to the Guyanese) and lack of industrial might or the blessing of natural resources???

I will tell you what that magical substance is ......That elixir is called ENDEAVOUR, HEART and DETERMINATION. All mixed together with a dose of PATRIOTISM and a sprinkling of BLOODY MINDEDNESS. That is all it takes to whip those Trickydadians. This elixir magically allows you to score more goals than you let in!!!! Simple isn't it....But the real magic in the sauce is that you CANNOT BUY this medicine....No you can't (chuckle) it has to bubble up inside you like a spring and if well nurtured this spring becomes a raging torrent. But a stark warning is be aware of fame, big contracts, facebook and financial comfort because these little things can sap your elixir so much that you will never be able to reign on the field of battle.

Born Again!

I'm no longer a young man and really fed up of this BS!!!!!

And by the way it would be of great help if we get the rid of all the faecal matter, bloodsuckers and leeches left behind by Jack and Camps before even talking about this thing called T&T football ever again.

God Bless! Get it right with Christ and all good things will surely follow.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T = THE REPEATING BROKEN RECORD
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2011, 06:14:29 AM »
Born Again- They really need a rebirth. 100% in agreement with your analysis.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T = THE REPEATING BROKEN RECORD
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2011, 06:30:56 AM »
I'm hoping de lost is a victory in disguise because if we had qualify for the next rounds dem bloodsuckers and leeches you refer to will still have reason to be around.Hopefully,now there is no wiggle room for them

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2011, 11:58:04 AM »

Blessings

Rebuilding??  When last we rebuild?  All we ever do up to this point is caulk and patch.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2011, 12:38:10 PM »

GREETINGS TO ALL FORUMITES FIRST OF ALL I'LL DO MY ENDEAVOUR TO KEEP IT SIMPLE  THOUGH I MUST ADMIT ITS ABIT DIFFICULT AT THE MOMENT / AM IN MONTREAL  SO PLZ BEAR WITH ME........  LISTENING TO GAME YESTERDAY WAS EXTREMELY HARD TO TAKE . BUT AM  I REALLY SURPRISE BY THE RESULTS THOUGH  I WAS HOPEFUL  THIS  IS MY RESPONSE ABSOLUTELY NOT. ABSOLUTELY NOT , WE ARE JUST GETTING WHAT WE SOW, I WILL ELABORATE A BIT LATER . ...THERE ARE TOO MANY ADJECTIVES I CAN USE RIGHT NOW BUT I WANNA KEEP IT RESPECTFUL  AND OBJECTIVE AS I SAID I WILL SAY MORE IN MY NEXT COMMENTS ...  I KNOW MANY ARE PRETTY EMOTIONAL AT THE MONENT JUST AS I AM .. BUT I KNOW THERE MANY WHO COULD  LESS THOSE WHO COULD CARE LESS ARE   IMPOTENT  TOXIC ADMINSTRATION AND ADMINISTRATORS  RIFLED  WITH CORRUPTION AND BLINDED WITH VINDICTIVENESS  I WILL ELABORATE LATER , LETS NOT BLAME OUR PLAYERS AT THIS POINT WE HAVE ALOT OF WORK TO DO, CHANGE POSTIVE CAN AND WILL COME  WHEN THE RIGHT THINGS ARE SET PLACE , WE CAN HELP TO ACHIEVE  BUT DAMN IT STILL HURTS  I WAS SHORT OF TEARS YESTERDAY LATER IN MY NEXT COMMENTS I'LL SAY MORE .. BLESSINGS ALL THE SOCALION

1]; } ?>