March 28, 2024, 03:04:23 PM

Poll

If you were in control of T&T football would you?:

Keep Otto Pfister on as T&T head coach?
8 (20%)
Let Pfister & his team try to redeem themselves on Tuesday?
3 (7.5%)
Shake hands with him and thank him for his services?
13 (32.5%)
Let Eve & his U-23 team face Guyana in the return game on Tuesday?
16 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: December 17, 2011, 10:33:35 PM

Author Topic: Where does Otto Pfister go from here?  (Read 5246 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Where does Otto Pfister go from here?
« on: November 11, 2011, 10:33:35 PM »
I'm inclined to go with options 3 & 4.

How about you guys?

Btw folks, you can vote for up to two options!!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 10:55:49 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
Re: Where does Otto Pfister go from here?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 10:36:29 PM »
4 plain and simple
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 10:37:15 PM »
3 AND 4
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 10:47:22 PM »
Headliner should be Otto Pfister should go from here

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 10:52:06 PM »
I believe Pfister has a lot to offer T&T football

But one hand cyah clap and he spinnin top in mud by stayin here.  Sadly, T&T football (now officially classified as an oxymoron) has nothing to offer in return.

So hiyo pancho Otto.  Doh waste yuh time here.  Find a football crazy & football LOVING nation that actually cares about it's football to share your vast knowledge and experience with.

GOD speed and all de bess and leff dis footballing wasteland to waste
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 10:54:49 PM »
Never liked this guy. Yes he know plenty, but he cannot instill an agressive, assertive type of mentality in the team. He' does not have any "gumption" left in him. There needs to be someone who can get on the field and hammer these boys. Every video Pfister siddong on ah crate of cooler like is ah lime. Can't repect that, sorry. The team reflected Pfister personality and input now, just as they reflected latas, Maturana and Beenhaker.

Yes our players lacking and I have always said that, but it have men who think many of our players should be playing for Real, Barca, Chelsea and Man United. Look at France vs USA today wenger in the crowd looking at his players. When you big you large and don't really need an agent to sell you.

Our player are far behind and need to make a concerted effort and decide what they really want to do. Eat ah food, or own the grocery. Looking at the PFL and the level of play is a serious joke, yet men bigging up player in that league like is La Liga. There is so much that can be shown that need deveolping in our level of play, but as long as many in T&T and on this board keep getting erections for mediocrity cause they want to say they are the bigeest Patriot then we will forever struggle.

Look at our team and look at our fans, no difference really.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 11:01:57 PM »
Never liked this guy. Yes he know plenty, but he cannot instill an agressive, assertive type of mentality in the team. He' does not have any "gumption" left in him. There needs to be someone who can get on the field and hammer these boys. Every video Pfister siddong on ah crate of cooler like is ah lime. Can't repect that, sorry. The team reflected Pfister personality and input now, just as they reflected latas, Maturana and Beenhaker.

Yes our players lacking and I have always said that, but it have men who think many of our players should be playing for Real, Barca, Chelsea and Man United. Look at France vs USA today wenger in the crowd looking at his players. When you big you large and don't really need an agent to sell you.

Our player are far behind and need to make a concerted effort and decide what they really want to do. Eat ah food, or own the grocery. Looking at the PFL and the level of play is a serious joke, yet men bigging up player in that league like is La Liga. There is so much that can be shown that need deveolping in our level of play, but as long as many in T&T and on this board keep getting erections for mediocrity cause they want to say they are the bigeest Patriot then we will forever struggle.

Look at our team and look at our fans, no difference really.

What yuh trying to say? Mediocre team means mediocre fans or vice versa?  :-\

Talking about mediocre fans, where is Contro? Somebody put him on suicide watch please!!  :worried:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 11:26:32 PM »
3 and 4

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 01:30:40 AM »
Allyuh fackin mad oui! this man should stay and start buliding ah new team for the gold cup and other tourneys! do you ppl truly believe that this was the coaches fault??!! this team was thrown together in september october folks, not even pep coulda do better with the lack of prep.

i say keep this man around as ah TD/ coach and let him help biuld ah new team for the future. what's the use in letting him go to start with another coach in four yrs. this is not the end folks, we still have to improve on our fifa ratings and by slowing down, it will only hurt our chances in the future.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2011, 01:33:55 AM »
Allyuh fackin mad oui! this man should stay and start buliding ah new team for the gold cup and other tourneys! do you ppl truly believe that this was the coaches fault??!! this team was thrown together in september october folks, not even pep coulda do better with the lack of prep.

i say keep this man around as ah TD/ coach and let him help biuld ah new team for the future. what's the use in letting him go to start with another coach in four yrs. this is not the end folks, we still have to improve on our fifa ratings and by slowing down, it will only hurt our chances in the future.

Not with that kind of salary. The salary he getting is for getting into the WC. Unless the plan to make him the Olimpic coach. The most important is, if he wants to stay.

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2011, 04:50:36 AM »
Option 4 is the obvious choice! Pfister cannot do anything for our football ! That man is too old! At this point we need to consolidate and work with our own resources. We have the expertise right here! Bring back Gally to lead our football and bring us back to be the leader in the Caribbean . He came to the rescue when we were doing very badly at international competition and lifted our standard where we competing in Latin America and English first division teams! The wickedness has been going on long enough! Trinidadians are a bunch of hypocrites! Too many persons unqualified and with little technical knowledge and talentless who clearly cannot recognize talent making decisions on our football or was just carrying out Jack's wishes. This thing is so embarrassing and disgusting at the same time! Where is the minister of Sport.? His mouth was so big when he was on Spalk and like he has gone into hiding! Jack is still telling him what to do . Let me see if he will stand up for what is right and stop putting this whole country to such shame and disgrace !

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2011, 06:16:41 AM »
Gally is exactly what we do not need.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2011, 06:37:09 AM »
Even Eve Big up Terry Fenwick. Give Terry the wuk

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2011, 07:02:43 AM »
I am assuming Pfister's entire salary package is being paid by the Government of T&T - given the recent meltdown of the TTFF, in which case, it would be a decision for the sports minister / T&T Government (How does this work with FIFA by the way?). Rene Simoes was promptly fired after the game in Honduras when Jamaica lost 2-0 away in the last campaign, and many before him got the Axe at 0100 hours by the former soldier Horace Burrell...You dont pay a coach US$50K per month to lose to Bermuda and Guyana...Pfister should have, and perhaps will do the honorable thing of resigning at the end of the series vs Guyana.

The writing was on the wall after the last game where Pfister let loose in that now infamous "THEY TREAT THE BOY LIKE ANIMALS" post game interview.

With little or no football at the senior team level for the next 12 months or so, no point keeping him around on that hefty salary.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2011, 07:06:18 AM »
This local coach/foreign coach issue driving me f--king crazy. With this current admin. it don't make a difference. I bet if Angus or Shabazz was coaching it would have been same crap.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2011, 07:17:47 AM »

Consider this, he may not want to stay now and further damage his reputation, not with the current administration in place!!

Just think about that!!

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2011, 08:33:11 AM »

Consider this, he may not want to stay now and further damage his reputation, not with the current administration in place!!

Just think about that!!
at his age reputation should be the least of his worries. Actually, his failure as t&t head coach will not affect his resume..would have been more of an impact if he had failwith a higher profile team

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2011, 08:34:12 AM »
Even Eve Big up Terry Fenwick. Give Terry the wuk
       :worried: :worried: :banginghead: :banginghead: :shameonyou: :shameonyou: :shameonyou: :nailbiting: :nailbiting:

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2011, 08:51:04 AM »
Reggae fan making more sense than all of you trinis! That is why we will stay fool fool like they call us!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2011, 08:56:08 AM »
Enter a political union with Guyana with a disband date of August 2014 at the latest.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2011, 09:02:13 AM »
Ok, so heres your reasons for sacking Pfister......

He's too old. I believe he is 73. So should Man U get rid of Ferguson because he's 70? Bobby Robson was in his 60's at Barca, PSV and was 70 at Newcastle.

We have no competetive football for 12 months. Ok, so we bring in some local coach who can learn on the job. Once we get mashed up in the Gold Cup everyone will want him sacked because he has no experience.

He doesn't work on the training pitch  Why should he? He could be in a wheelchair and still be a great coach. In top level football, its the assistants who work on the pitch. Yes, the boss is on the sidelines, but he doesn't run the session. This is how assistant coaches learn the trade, by putting into practice the coaches ideas. In UK head coaches are titled as managers, because they manage. Managers have people to do the grunt work for them.

In my opinion, Pfisters salary was always far too high and there should have been an element of performance bonus included. Whether we keep him or not, we need an experienced coach to mould a complete new team. Our focus should be 100% on 2018 & 2022. Develop a young squad sprinkled with some experience. Meanwhile, develop your 12-15 year olds.

This is where TTFF fails so miserably. There should be a long term football philosophy ingrained at all levels. That way, you can take a 16 year old from your youth team and drop him into the seniors and he will know the system. It doesn't matter who plays as left wing back....every other player will know what he will do because every left wing back in the system will play the same way.

Gone are the days when a local player can be given a T&T shirt and a bowl of tripe and go out to represent the country. TTFF are so out of touch, its embarrassing.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2011, 09:30:44 AM »
Ok, so heres your reasons for sacking Pfister......

He's too old. I believe he is 73. So should Man U get rid of Ferguson because he's 70? Bobby Robson was in his 60's at Barca, PSV and was 70 at Newcastle.

We have no competetive football for 12 months. Ok, so we bring in some local coach who can learn on the job. Once we get mashed up in the Gold Cup everyone will want him sacked because he has no experience.

He doesn't work on the training pitch  Why should he? He could be in a wheelchair and still be a great coach. In top level football, its the assistants who work on the pitch. Yes, the boss is on the sidelines, but he doesn't run the session. This is how assistant coaches learn the trade, by putting into practice the coaches ideas. In UK head coaches are titled as managers, because they manage. Managers have people to do the grunt work for them.

In my opinion, Pfisters salary was always far too high and there should have been an element of performance bonus included. Whether we keep him or not, we need an experienced coach to mould a complete new team. Our focus should be 100% on 2018 & 2022. Develop a young squad sprinkled with some experience. Meanwhile, develop your 12-15 year olds.

This is where TTFF fails so miserably. There should be a long term football philosophy ingrained at all levels. That way, you can take a 16 year old from your youth team and drop him into the seniors and he will know the system. It doesn't matter who plays as left wing back....every other player will know what he will do because every left wing back in the system will play the same way.

Gone are the days when a local player can be given a T&T shirt and a bowl of tripe and go out to represent the country. TTFF are so out of touch, its embarrassing.

Otto age is not the problem for our failure. The problem is Otto walked into the worst scenario with Jack and his FIFA imbroglio. Otto had to figure out who will make up his squad. Off course he had to rely on local(Anton, etc). At the the mean no set of friendly/practice. Then the Sport Minister and them come with the Indian team(no disrepect) as our first friendly before Bermuda. From that game could we not see the writing on the wall. Actually we all knew it, but We kept faith that the players,  especially Carlos, Birchall and KJ's leadership would have pull us thru. But people, this can't work any more. Guyana outplayed us, plain and simple.  So if we did not pick up queue from last night game that that we eh all that, then I don't know what else to say.

It will be interesting to see what Otto will do. What incentive for him to stay. The next GC or the Olimpic with Angus. Maybe that may work. If he and Angus get put heads to gether for the Olimpic qualifiers that may be good. But I ent betting on that. Although I think Angus is doing a good job, I still find our U-23 still lack cohension. We do good counter attack but is still unable retain effective prossesion for parts of the game. maybe Otto can help Angus with that. But I don't know.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2011, 09:35:17 AM »
Men here just as SHORTSIGHTED as the federation. This knee jerk reaction is the reason we in a continuous cycle of failure. When we figure out what is the long term plan, then and only then should we assess whether Pfister fits it.

Otto fix one part of the game ... ball posession. Men was trapping on the run and laying off. It kinda hard to work on offensive play when you have to work on technical defeciencies. Watch the training videos. Pfister was working on football basics. The few shooting drills I saw from Fuentes videos men was missing wide and over in the HIGHLIGHTS.

Otto is not solely to blame. Fire Otto and then what? Same cycle right b4 the next set of qualifiers? Ah disappointed but honestly I told dtool this even before the loss to Bermuda  ... same pile diff day. We need a TD to lay out a plan and work with the national team coaches at all levels to start working toward reasonable achievable goals.  Well first we need a TD ....
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2011, 10:02:49 AM »
I am available ! I will fix the federation and everything else that needs to be fixed with the football. My only problem is that I may not be given the opportunity because I am a foreign based Trini :banginghead:
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2011, 10:33:43 AM »
germany
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2011, 10:49:44 AM »
 Local coaches are still crap, Shabazz it's easy to find things wrong with a country u lived in, best of luck with Guyana. It all comes down to Roberts our best player during this WCQ and whomever sent him to SA really screwed us over because then we had to play Lester.

Otto was right but we not seeing that, Shabazz or w/e his name is Mexico and CRC will deal with you. Guyana tried to injure our players and the ref was completely baised with most of the calls, guyana is not going anywhere anyway once mex and crc get their hands on them.

but congrats and go get ur cutarse the new whipping boys of group b. :)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2011, 11:12:26 AM »
Local coaches are still crap, Shabazz it's easy to find things wrong with a country u lived in, best of luck with Guyana. It all comes down to Roberts our best player during this WCQ and whomever sent him to SA really screwed us over because then we had to play Lester.

Otto was right but we not seeing that, Shabazz or w/e his name is Mexico and CRC will deal with you. Guyana tried to injure our players and the ref was completely baised with most of the calls, guyana is not going anywhere anyway once mex and crc get their hands on them.

but congrats and go get ur cutarse the new whipping boys of group b. :)

Gosh man, Shotta. You saying that in angst. Give them men credit. The beat us fair and square. Warriors just don't have that "it" that they use to have. Plain and simple. Direct you angst to Camps and Jack!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 11:34:35 AM by Deeks »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2011, 11:14:55 AM »
Keep Pfister.  Let him continue to work with the program and help us build something.

We have a chance to build on some medium-long term goals without the distraction of a pressing need for immediate results.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 11:18:31 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2011, 11:27:07 AM »
Keep Pfister.  Let him continue to work with the program and help us build something.

We have a chance to build on some medium-long term goals without the distraction of a pressing need for immediate results.

There are so many issues facing Trinbago that need building and correcting right at this moment but football cyah be the first priority bro.. 50K US a month just went down the drain.   
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 11:29:09 AM by davyjenny1 »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2011, 11:47:18 AM »

Biggest argument against keeping him is his salary.  To be sure, it is shocking that we should ever lose to the likes of Guyana and Bermuda... that's not arrogance, that's common sense talking.  We have more talented players and more resources at our disposal, so any failure falls at the feet of the coaches and administration.  It's not all Pfister's fault and I think he should continue, but there's simply no way to justify paying a coach that kind of money to re-build a program.  Let's face it, that's where we are today... rebuilding.

1]; } ?>