April 18, 2024, 02:42:58 AM

Poll

If you were in control of T&T football would you?:

Keep Otto Pfister on as T&T head coach?
8 (20%)
Let Pfister & his team try to redeem themselves on Tuesday?
3 (7.5%)
Shake hands with him and thank him for his services?
13 (32.5%)
Let Eve & his U-23 team face Guyana in the return game on Tuesday?
16 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: December 17, 2011, 10:33:35 PM

Author Topic: Where does Otto Pfister go from here?  (Read 5292 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Where does Otto Pfister go from here?
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2011, 12:16:42 PM »

Biggest argument against keeping him is his salary.  To be sure, it is shocking that we should ever lose to the likes of Guyana and Bermuda... that's not arrogance, that's common sense talking.  We have more talented players and more resources at our disposal, so any failure falls at the feet of the coaches and administration.  It's not all Pfister's fault and I think he should continue, but there's simply no way to justify paying a coach that kind of money to re-build a program.  Let's face it, that's where we are today... rebuilding.

What's the going rate for someone in his position?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2011, 12:23:06 PM »
Why blame the TTFF when we seem to be equally short sighted.  Keep the man on.  Otto had this team playing a brand I  haven't seen T&T play in a while and it's not like he was building on someone's work.  4 years from now is 4 Gold Cups plus other competitions.  I'm confident that we can regain some prowess under Otto.  I know some might be into Angus but he's just not in the same class.  To rebuild you need consistency, keep him on for the next for years and pay him.   
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 12:24:48 PM by Preacher »
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2011, 12:25:21 PM »
blame the ref. happy our boys and fans are safe after visiting the jungle.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2011, 12:41:18 PM »
Pfister is not the man for the job. It's better we pool our PFL coaches together and start building from back to front - as it should be - instead of front to back. Get our youth teams solidified, with proper development programs, establish a national curriculum on youth development and a mandate that all clubs follow the curriculum, establish a National youth league for all youth teams who believe they can play. This can be done similar to SSFL, win your district, win your county, win your region, play in a National Championship. Players then selected by a National Coaching Committee joins National Academy with PFL coaches to play against regional teams in CFU (even if it's just a club team). Select players from these games to the National pool.

We need proper development and it starts with the club, therefore the clubs needs assistance with how to approach modern training session and player dvelopment. This is where the TTFF has failed. Allowing a coach to do a license does nothing really for the clubs, start maybe, but implimentation, observation, evaluation and reformation needs to play a bigger part in the assistance to clubs.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2011, 12:58:09 PM »
Shotta yuh need tuh calm down. after all, plenty ppl coulda say that about us and probably did after their demise, the likes of bahrain, mexico, guatemala,canada, sweden...... yuh get my drift. let us keep it in prospective, we lost the game bro, and as hard as it may seem to cope with and accept, it not coming back, no matter how much we vent.   :'(
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2011, 02:00:14 PM »
Why blame the TTFF when we seem to be equally short sighted.  Keep the man on.  Otto had this team playing a brand I  haven't seen T&T play in a while and it's not like he was building on someone's work.  4 years from now is 4 Gold Cups plus other competitions.  I'm confident that we can regain some prowess under Otto.  I know some might be into Angus but he's just not in the same class.  To rebuild you need consistency, keep him on for the next for years and pay him.   
This.

Only argument I have against keeping him is his salary.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2011, 02:23:30 PM »
 This is in response to some  of what is being belted out at the moment with regards to the coach ......... but .here is  what i personally think is for cool heads to prevail no one here sees or knows what work is put in by the coach and what his objective plans are we can continue the  same reactive responses by getting rid of the present coach , but i do not believe thats what needs to be done , ...) what i do believe is first of all is there are many ills  that needs addressing,::::::: beginning with administrators and an  administration that lacks imaginative foresight , jack and camps u know who am talking about please catch a ride out and thanks ,  but leave the football business to  those  competent . with the collective unifying abilites to oversee the future of the game locally . there many bright  prospects that come to mind a few i will name .. e.g shaka hislop . he being a pro players rep in the  uk pevious so he knows abit about what it takes,  another being brent sancho who appears to be doing a good job in that capacity already.. also there other knowledgeable veterans ex players we can;t ignore that fact people the likes of >>>>leroy de leon<< >>jan steadman<< david williams<<<>>  just to name a few ......notice i did not mention any corneal  its a because they are part an parcel of the same old same old ...  a progressive long term plan is needed  let all voices be  heard we can surely affect the necessary changes needed please please fellow forumites ah begging lets do something with clear heads   ttff house needs to be cleaned out  a lil dettol for disinfecting  might help.. will add more later  am out  forgive me ppl i was on the  for sometime now so i have waiting my time to comment, but ah real serious ... about what i am saying oh gosh boy ah still upset  this ting hurt as if  someone dead oui   ,,, ah just getting started i'll save the rest for later respect  y'all

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2011, 02:28:11 PM »
This.

Only argument I have against keeping him is his salary.

otto is 73 lets get real here people he is not going to stick around .....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2011, 03:32:46 PM »
What's the going rate for someone in his position?

I don't know... but I do know that his position change from one of qualifying us for Brazil, to one of gutting and rebuilding our program.  Necessarily, the terms of his contract have to change to reflect the change in scope.  That being said, paying him US $250k a month or whatever it is he getting for such a long-term project is not sustainable.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2011, 06:00:45 PM »
Bakes that's a fair argument to have and I'm sure there are contingencies within his contract the will lead to such discussion.   The JD don't have to change much you'll have many tourneys coming up.

Dinner Mints all the more reason to consider this is because it's already in the budget.  Since it's a line item it makes more sense to exploit the situation.  The fact that he is 73 says what?  I see this as an opportunity for us. 

Heck give the U23s and make Angus the Assistant.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2011, 07:10:40 PM »
keep the coach .. let him and eve wrk together .. bring in the under 23 team... Honeslty I feal this team is good enough to wrk with ..

I cant believe I on this forum .. I told myself dats it.. i rell Hurting after this lost to Guyana.. anyway I man Up and am back...

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2011, 09:30:03 PM »
keep the coach .. let him and eve wrk together .. bring in the under 23 team... Honeslty I feal this team is good enough to wrk with ..

I cant believe I on this forum .. I told myself dats it.. i rell Hurting after this lost to Guyana.. anyway I man Up and am back...

war

Yuh learn to take sting.    ;D

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2011, 12:06:39 AM »

Really?!  :bs:

Did you see the game?!! No lame excuses, hands down Guyana was the better team!!

Please stop with the lame & shameful excuses!!   :-[
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 03:47:00 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>