April 28, 2024, 11:59:16 PM

Author Topic: Starting XI for meaningless game against Guyana on Tuesday  (Read 4752 times)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Re: Starting XI for meaningless game against Guyana on Tuesday
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2011, 03:13:28 PM »
It's none of my business but I feel that T&T should put their best available players on the field. Losing to Guyana at home and away...can affect you ranking for a long time..and the thought of losing twice to Guyana will have a  psychological effect on the team when it comes to the next CFU tournament.. Cuba and Jamaica are enjoying a free pass into the semi-final round cause of their ranking....in addition, the country's pride is at stake..if you put a U-23 team on the field and Guyana showed up with their total team and T&T lost, 40 years from now, Guyana will earn bragging right that they beat T&T twice to qualify, no one will mention that it was a u-23 team on the field.. I had the same advise for my fellow Haitians who are on the same boat with T&T..

GUYs, the way I look at it every 4 year or a decade a team can rise up and look good while another team is having a  bad year....We all  know the 4 power house teams of the Caribbean are T&T, Jamaica, Cuba & Haiti.. Antigua, Guadeloupe and Guyana have been slowly coming up the rank because they're following Jamaica foot step using over sea players...

Now it's on for Guyana and Antigua to carry on the Caribbean flag to join Cuba and Jamaica..we take our hats off to them and wish them luck..while we know for a fact that Antigua can 't touch the US of Guatemala and Guyana  wont go past the semi-final round as well...let them enjoy their little success.  You and I know next year around this time, no one  will be talking about Guyana or Antigua..The talk will be about Mexico , US, Costa Rica, Honduras, one central American team and a lucky Caribbean team..and Im guessing that i/s going to Cuba or Jamaica but not Guyana or Antigua

Yep. Full team. Play for pride.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2011, 03:57:25 PM »
We're out of the 2014 World Cup in 2011. Can it get even lower than such a scenario? There were people feeling insulted that it was only India we were able to play for a warm up. But seriously, Antigua & Barbuda should be asking us for warm ups for their WC. This is humiliating to say the least. Its only conjecture, but I won't be surprised that some of our players had the same mind set as some of the forumites here, that we just need to turn up and our 'so called' superior football pedigree will churn out the required result for us.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2011, 04:30:27 PM »
We're out of the 2014 World Cup in 2011. Can it get even lower than such a scenario? There were people feeling insulted that it was only India we were able to play for a warm up. But seriously, Antigua & Barbuda should be asking us for warm ups for their WC. This is humiliating to say the least. Its only conjecture, but I won't be surprised that some of our players had the same mind set as some of the forumites here, that we just need to turn up and our 'so called' superior football pedigree will churn out the required result for us.

I see you've been reading some of Contro's posts!
Now yuh learn a "golden lesson" never take anything he posts here seriously!!  :beermug:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 04:32:08 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2011, 10:19:50 AM »
My starting eleven:

6 fellas from Laventille
Alfonse Capone
Babyface Nelson
Lucky Luciano
Oliver Scamps
Jack "the ripper" Warner aka player/coach
Richard "fat rat" Rodent
Lennox "yukk face" Watson the mad maniacal twin of Warner

If this crew not leading by halftime Jack go pull some strings or some stones.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

1]; } ?>