March 29, 2024, 02:30:32 AM

Author Topic: Starting XI for meaningless game against Guyana on Tuesday  (Read 4686 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Starting XI for meaningless game against Guyana on Tuesday
« on: November 11, 2011, 10:48:39 PM »
Marvin Phillips
Julius James
Anybody but Seon Power
Anybody but Akeem Adams
Anybody but Carlos Edwards
Anybody but Christopher Birchall
Anybody but Keon Daniel
Khaleem Hyland
Kevin Molino
Anybody but Lester Peltier
Anybody but Kenwyne Jones
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Starting XI for meaningless game against Guyana on Tuesday
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 10:52:30 PM »
How about the U-23s with Eve in charge and save us all the headache?!!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 10:55:32 PM »

It really doesn't make a difference who plays or coaches now does it?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 10:59:20 PM »
Palos this game eh meaningless. This game is true crunch time for we and how we approach the game and the Total result ( style of play. committment to play, goals, and defensive committment) will give insight into where T&T heading from here.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 11:27:44 PM »
U-23!!!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 11:38:12 PM »
tony warner
makan hislop
derek king
dwayne jack
dwarika
evans wise
chubby
nigel pierre
keneyo thomas
peter prosper
ricky shakes

head coach....ron laforest

technicaL director...peter granville

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 11:38:48 PM »

It really doesn't make a difference who plays or coaches now does it?

Don't forget that we always play well in meaningless games!

Like yuh forget how we manners India or what?!  ::)

But seriously, this is a chance for our U-23s to raise their profile yet again and show the older guys that they need to take ah aside with that star boy,  lazy, no heart attitude!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 12:48:49 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 11:39:11 PM »
send de pan am games side

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 11:41:00 PM »
tony warner
makan hislop
derek king
dwayne jack
dwarika
evans wise
chubby
nigel pierre
keneyo thomas
peter prosper
ricky shakes

:rotfl:

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2011, 12:17:56 AM »
tony warner
makan hislop
derek king
dwayne jack
dwarika
evans wise
chubby
nigel pierre
keneyo thomas
peter prosper
ricky shakes

and more cut arse again...   :rotfl:
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2011, 05:59:25 AM »
tony warner
makan hislop
derek king
dwayne jack
dwarika
evans wise
chubby
nigel pierre
keneyo thomas
peter prosper
ricky shakes

makan hislop still can't make that team. i would play soca pro so once in he life he could feel important.
"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2011, 10:31:46 AM »
u 23
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2011, 12:23:28 PM »
agreed - U-23 team.
The other thing is that we need to look to finish with some sort of pride with a resounding win.
Bermuda can end up with more points than us, that must never happen.
You never know how seeding will be decided for the 2018 qualifiers, seems like it changes every cycle.
Also, we need to win for the unlikely chance that Guyana will run into administrative problems - teams in the region have been known to pull out competitions because of finances/politics etc. Need to finish strong and solidify second spot.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2011, 12:47:54 PM »
Sometimes i does feel is mad ppl i does be interacting with oui! fellas we loss, and we loss to ah damn good team! did anybody stop to think that guyana had @ least 7 english born and bred players ?

we didn't lose to a guyana team that was locally born and bred. as far i i know criss nurse, the cort brother and ricky shakes are all english boys. the guyana that we accustomed tuh beating up on went and got his big brother to do his fighting this time around, and it worked.

i say we continue to do the good work we've been doing, go into tuesday's game and play as if it was ah meaningful match, bc we still have tuh consider our FIFA ranking, and who know's, maybe we could give it ah damn good run for the next gold cup and the degicel.

i eh go lie, i didn't sleep well and this defeat have meh out of sorts, but after the smoke cleared, honestly ppl, do yuhs think that we really deserved tuh win or come out of this group?

our federation has been fackin around with the football for decades, and the last five yrs was no different, as ah matter of fact worst! and despite all that our football fraternity in T&T still kept them in place all in the name of friendship and financial reward.

my only regret is that the coach and the youngsters got caught in the middle. listen ppl , this WC is ah great deal we know, but all is not lost.

we need to start ah fresh, and firing the coach would not change ah thing, on the contrary, we need tuh keep this coach, if not as ah head coach, as ah TD and start working our way up like jamaica did. it will take a lot of hard work and money, but as the saying goes, "anything that's worth having comes with a price".
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 12:51:18 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2011, 10:48:23 PM »
we need tuh keep this coach, if not as ah head coach, as ah TD and start working our way up like jamaica did. it will take a lot of hard work and money, but as the saying goes, "anything that's worth having comes with a price".

You willing to pay the coach?! Are you living in T&T and paying tax?

The TTFF is broke and this coach was hired to try to get us to the World Cup! He is on a high end World Cup qualification salary!!

If he is willing to take a drastic cut in his wages and is also prepared to continue working with an incompetent football federation then he is more than welcomed to stay but I doubt that very much!  :beermug:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2011, 06:42:34 AM »
Bermuda can end up with more points than us, that must never happen.

Oh lawd......you making more depressed at the thought..... :(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2011, 08:32:56 AM »
we didn't lose to a guyana team that was locally born and bred. as far i i know criss nurse, the cort brother and Ricky Shakes are all english boys. the guyana that we accustomed tuh beating up on went and got his big brother to do his fighting this time around, and it worked.

LOL...I can name about 8 English born players that T&T used over the years...including one very obvious player on the current team - Chris Birchall. Funny enough, you also went out of your way to get Ricky Shakes a T&T passport...so your statement above is somewhat hypocritical to say the least. If regional power-house USA can use players born outside its shores, why cant Guyana? Why cant T&T and Jamaica, Barbados, Grenada? If countries like Jamaica can give England John Barnes, Lindford Christie, Ian Wright etc, why cant we take back some of our own sons of the soil from them as well?

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2011, 08:54:30 AM »
we didn't lose to a guyana team that was locally born and bred. as far i i know criss nurse, the cort brother and Ricky Shakes are all english boys. the guyana that we accustomed tuh beating up on went and got his big brother to do his fighting this time around, and it worked.

LOL...I can name about 8 English born players that T&T used over the years...including one very obvious player on the current team - Chris Birchall. Funny enough, you also went out of your way to get Ricky Shakes a T&T passport...so your statement above is somewhat hypocritical to say the least. If regional power-house USA can use players born outside its shores, why cant Guyana? Why cant T&T and Jamaica, Barbados, Grenada? If countries like Jamaica can give England John Barnes, Lindford Christie, Ian Wright etc, why cant we take back some of our own sons of the soil from them as well?
RF PLEASE! JC was NOT being "hypocrical" in the LEAST he was simply trying to point out to some of the myopic people on this site that Guyana did what Jamaica did to qualify for France '98 with the influx of English-born players that they drafted into the Reggae Boyz team. When he says "big brother" he is referring to their foreign imports...besides Birchall, we have no other foreign-born on this current team.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2011, 09:08:55 AM »

RF PLEASE! JC was NOT being "hypocrical" in the LEAST he was simply trying to point out to some of the myopic people on this site that Guyana did what Jamaica did to qualify for France '98 with the influx of English-born players that they drafted into the Reggae Boyz team. When he says "big brother" he is referring to their foreign imports...besides Birchall, we have no other foreign-born on this current team.

I understand, and forgive me if i misread JustCool's post, but I for one think its highly hypocritical when posters seem to be OK with bringing in foreign coaches, but turn up their nose to the idea of brining in players from better leagues to help out on the field, players who most often come from households that have strong Caribbean culture. How is it that we are happy to bring in help from foreign countries to build highways and build our infrastructure, but its so wrong to invite our own people living outside to help us in the area of sports?

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2011, 09:30:42 AM »

I understand, and forgive me if i misread JustCool's post, but I for one think its highly hypocritical when posters seem to be OK with bringing in foreign coaches, but turn up their nose to the idea of brining in players from better leagues to help out on the field, players who most often come from households that have strong Caribbean culture. How is it that we are happy to bring in help from foreign countries to build highways and build our infrastructure, but its so wrong to invite our own people living outside to help us in the area of sports?
Fair enough... and I for one welcome any foreign-born player, as long as they are FULLY committed... Birchall has been an instrumental part of T&T's team since joining us in 2005...always willing to do the "dirty work" and give us 110%... he also scored the equalizing goal against Bahrain that helped us get to Germany...it would be great if we could get another like him! Good luck to the Boyz next rounds!

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2011, 10:46:16 AM »
Sometimes i does feel is mad ppl i does be interacting with oui! fellas we loss, and we loss to ah damn good team! did anybody stop to think that guyana had @ least 7 english born and bred players ?

we didn't lose to a guyana team that was locally born and bred. as far i i know criss nurse, the cort brother and ricky shakes are all english boys. the guyana that we accustomed tuh beating up on went and got his big brother to do his fighting this time around, and it worked.

i say we continue to do the good work we've been doing, go into tuesday's game and play as if it was ah meaningful match, bc we still have tuh consider our FIFA ranking, and who know's, maybe we could give it ah damn good run for the next gold cup and the degicel.

i eh go lie, i didn't sleep well and this defeat have meh out of sorts, but after the smoke cleared, honestly ppl, do yuhs think that we really deserved tuh win or come out of this group?

our federation has been fackin around with the football for decades, and the last five yrs was no different, as ah matter of fact worst! and despite all that our football fraternity in T&T still kept them in place all in the name of friendship and financial reward.

my only regret is that the coach and the youngsters got caught in the middle. listen ppl , this WC is ah great deal we know, but all is not lost.

we need to start ah fresh, and firing the coach would not change ah thing, on the contrary, we need tuh keep this coach, if not as ah head coach, as ah TD and start working our way up like jamaica did. it will take a lot of hard work and money, but as the saying goes, "anything that's worth having comes with a price".

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2011, 11:04:41 AM »
It's none of my business but I feel that T&T should put their best available players on the field. Losing to Guyana at home and away...can affect you ranking for a long time..and the thought of losing twice to Guyana will have a  psychological effect on the team when it comes to the next CFU tournament.. Cuba and Jamaica are enjoying a free pass into the semi-final round cause of their ranking....in addition, the country's pride is at stake..if you put a U-23 team on the field and Guyana showed up with their total team and T&T lost, 40 years from now, Guyana will earn bragging right that they beat T&T twice to qualify, no one will mention that it was a u-23 team on the field.. I had the same advise for my fellow Haitians who are on the same boat with T&T..

GUYs, the way I look at it every 4 year or a decade a team can rise up and look good while another team is having a  bad year....We all  know the 4 power house teams of the Caribbean are T&T, Jamaica, Cuba & Haiti.. Antigua, Guadeloupe and Guyana have been slowly coming up the rank because they're following Jamaica foot step using over sea players...

Now it's on for Guyana and Antigua to carry on the Caribbean flag to join Cuba and Jamaica..we take our hats off to them and wish them luck..while we know for a fact that Antigua can 't touch the US of Guatemala and Guyana  wont go past the semi-final round as well...let them enjoy their little success.  You and I know next year around this time, no one  will be talking about Guyana or Antigua..The talk will be about Mexico , US, Costa Rica, Honduras, one central American team and a lucky Caribbean team..and Im guessing that i/s going to Cuba or Jamaica but not Guyana or Antigua
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 12:08:58 PM by truehaitian »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2011, 11:18:13 AM »
When will our Caribbean teams match the Central Americans,the only time we ever came close was in the 70s and even then it was only Haiti and TT who put up the fight.Seems to me that we will never knock them off thyeir perch.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2011, 11:37:38 AM »
When will our Caribbean teams match the Central Americans,the only time we ever came close was in the 70s and even then it was only Haiti and TT who put up the fight.Seems to me that we will never knock them off thyeir perch.

Never say never!! If we eventually get our acts together then everything is possible!!  :beermug:

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2011, 11:56:33 AM »

What exactly do you mean?  One of the thing you must realise is that the latin teams in CONCACAF have a deeper football culture than the typical caribbean team. They are more closer to the South Americans in terms of how they play amd support the game, i believe Honduras and El Salvador actually had a long standing feud involving armed forces that was sparked by events at a football game between bith countries.

But if you were to ask me, the only central american team that has presented trouble for Jamaica over the years remain Costa Rica...last three games Jamaica play vs Honduras for instance has seen Jamaica winning twice and losing once away...Guatemala I believe has yet to beat Jamaica in the past 10 years in a senior mens team game. Jamaicas last two trips to El Salvador has ended in victory for Jamaica. Panama is an emerging team from that region (they just beat Costa Rica 2-0 Friday in a friendly game), but i would say that Jamaica has pretty much had good results against central american opponents in the past 5 years (although losing critical games in that time). You will find these teams are harder to beat at home.

Check the FIFA rankings, you will see that outside of the USA and Mexico, the highest ranked team in CONCACAF is a caribbean team for the past 3 months.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 12:27:38 PM by reggae-fan »

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2011, 12:15:19 PM »
You are right about the ranking but I always feel that FIFA has been unfair to Central Caribbean teams outside Costa Rica and Honduras...Guatemala should be where Cuba or Jamaica is at.. Guatemala should never have to fight these lower Caribbean teams for a spot...Take look at Granada who ranked almost 40 places higher ahead of Guatemala and a group leader...Guatemala U-23/ Olympic team has just beaten a full Grenada's team 3-0 at home..It's a joke. It's make FIFA's ranking look like a joke.. How can a senior team who rank that high than another team and lost to their u-23 team by that much..
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 12:17:12 PM by truehaitian »

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2011, 12:33:02 PM »
You are right about the ranking but I always feel that FIFA has been unfair to Central Caribbean teams outside Costa Rica and Honduras...Guatemala should be where Cuba or Jamaica is at.. Guatemala should never have to fight these lower Caribbean teams for a spot...Take look at Granada who ranked almost 40 places higher ahead of Guatemala and a group leader...Guatemala U-23/ Olympic team has just beaten a full Grenada's team 3-0 at home..It's a joke. It's make FIFA's ranking look like a joke.. How can a senior team who rank that high than another team and lost to their u-23 team by that much..

Not sure I'm following your line of arguement. Seems like you are saying Central american teams should not play in teh early rounds of world cup qualifying? In Guatemalas case, all they have to do to avoid playing the early rounds is to get their rankings up...only the top 5 teams are exempyt from playing the early rounds

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2011, 01:27:00 PM »
if only i could have been at the stadium on tuesday i will surely be there, every game our national team is of importance whether or  they were still in the race for qualifying , who are we fooling , support  the guys i mean the players let them know they are not thrown under the bus , we were  well beaten its a hard spill for even me to swallow but its reality... go show support  for warriors  its when u down u lend a hand to pick them up ........  brazilians and all others do not stay away from supporting their national teams  even when the chips are down its call a love for country   .....and the game come tuesday is not meaningless its about redemption and pride! i'll support the warriors unwavering..... but i cannot bear to tolerate the ineptitude of the  ttff  its time for all in the present administration to go they have failed the country and the players  miserably... a completely  new regime is needed  ......a national effort  is needed go lets support our players it does not mean they are free any critisms when  its needed but lets support our national team  come tuesday they need it now more than ever  !!!! peace y'all

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2011, 02:03:11 PM »
After all is said and done we know that Guyana will be out of that group without winning a match,TT would have probably suffered the same fate,the only Caribbean team that would have got out would have been Jamaica.Apart from Mexico Jamaica have got very good results against the others.We must all show support for Jamaica in the Hex and hopefully Brazil.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2011, 02:57:51 PM »
After all is said and done we know that Guyana will be out of that group without winning a match,TT would have probably suffered the same fate,the only Caribbean team that would have got out would have been Jamaica.Apart from Mexico Jamaica have got very good results against the others.We must all show support for Jamaica in the Hex and hopefully Brazil.

I think it’s more important for us to support our team on Tuesday than supporting Jamaica, Cuba, Guyana or Antigua to make it out of the next round into the Hex! Not saying we shouldn't support them, just saying let’s get our priorities right! None of those teams are guaranteed to make the Hex anyway!!

Plus we should not allow Guyana to progress to the next round with a sense of superiority over T&T.
At least we should be able to say okay they beat us by 2 - 1 in their yard but then we able to beat them even worst when they came to ours!
We should be looking to redeem ourselves on Tuesday by hitting Guyana at least 4 like we did to Barbados even though they will say afterwards that game was relatively meaningless to them.
A healthy win at home over Guyana will help to at least keep our FIFA rankings looking decent for now!!

Not looking forward to Guyana going above us in the FIFA rankings so we should do everything we can to maintain our upward movement in the FIFA rankings as it does help with our players getting decent foreign contracts on the outside and also attracting decent opponents to play friendlies against!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 03:06:08 PM by Socapro »

1]; } ?>