March 28, 2024, 05:37:39 AM

Author Topic: ‘Gally’ slams woeful ‘Warriors’  (Read 5443 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
‘Gally’ slams woeful ‘Warriors’
« on: November 13, 2011, 01:32:43 AM »
http://www.newsday.co.tt/sport/0,150511.html

Sunday, November 13 2011

FORMER TRINIDAD and Tobago footballer Everald “Gally” Cummings yesterday criticised the performance of the Trinidad and Tobago football team as a “team playing in conflict.”

Speaking with Newsday via telephone yesterday, the UTT head coach said he only had the opportunity to listen to part of the match on Friday, in which the “Soca Warriors” lost 2-1 to Guyana, effectively ending their FIFA 2014 World Cup qualifying campaign.

“From what I heard, there seemed to be several different coaches on the field, causing conflict in the play,” said Cummings.

He said the onslaught of foreign coaches has created a conflict in the minds of players which can now be seen on the field. According to Cummings, the Guyanese team did not face this challenge as they had the same coach, Jamaal Shabazz for several years.

Cummings said Shabazz, who ironically is Trinidadian, had sufficient time to work with the Guyanese team and the results showed.

The former Strike Squad coach also questioned the mental readiness of the players ahead of the game. He said many players had just shortly returned from foreign club duties and did not have the time to prepare for a game of such importance. Cummings recommended that focus now be placed on developing the local football league and building a cadre of local players, led and brought “up to mark” by a local coach.

“We need to get serious about local talent and drop the attitude that foreign (talent) is better. We have to develop home to the best level possible,” said Cummings.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ‘Gally’ slams woeful ‘Warriors’
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 01:35:44 AM »
 :beermug:

From the best locally based national coach that T&T has ever had!!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 01:50:16 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 01:55:59 AM »
That onslaught of foreign coaches talk is plain rubbish.  Respectfully mister Cummings you shock me there.  What foreign talent you talking bout?  Los? Birchie? Jones?  Are you implying that we shouldn't have called these players?  How many times have we gotten beat bad with a local squad?  If you want to point fingers point to them vieky viek clubs that send Robert's to get his hand break and have Bleeder all the way in India.  When you see Guyana getting a set a licks next rounds ask yourself if maybe more "time" would have given them better results.  I didn't look for you dey being that you know the deal with T&T football.  Geh Cornmeal the wuk then. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 02:05:09 AM »
That onslaught of foreign coaches talk is plain rubbish.  Respectfully mister Cummings you shock me there.  What foreign talent you talking bout?  Los? Birchie? Jones?  Are you implying that we shouldn't have called these players?  How many times have we gotten beat bad with a local squad?  If you want to point fingers point to them vieky viek clubs that send Robert's to get his hand break and have Bleeder all the way in India.  When you see Guyana getting a set a licks next rounds ask yourself if maybe more "time" would have given them better results.  I didn't look for you dey being that you know the deal with T&T football.  Geh Cornmeal the wuk then. 

Respectfully Mr Preacher that's a load of :bs: you just posted!
Nothing you’ve posted there makes any sense plus you are accusing Gally of saying stuff he never said!!
Wheel and come again!!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 05:07:00 AM »

Respectfully Mr Preacher that's a load of :bs: you just posted!
Nothing you’ve posted there makes any sense plus you are accusing Gally of saying stuff he never said!!
Wheel and come again!!
Yuh know sometimes you does really surprise me with the things you type, and for ah fella who livin in ah diverse society yuh surely don't think outside the box, in ah way that is indicative of ah man well traveled, it's almost like you're pro trinidad nationalist without rhyme or reason.

but let me ask you this, what did preacher say that was so unacceptable, was it the fact that he didn't agree with gally's xenophobic stance, or was it that he opposed ah hero of yours? bc he made perfect sense to me.

alot of ppl who live abroad tend to think that every thing trini is devine, and that's one of the biggest delusion that westindians, especially trinis suffer from. the fact that we livin outside of trinidad is clear indication that something is not right in "paradise", so take off yuh rose tinted specs and face the real world bredder, and stop hiding behind the flag.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 05:46:56 AM »

I agree with you 100% Preach... Gally really disappoint me with that assessment. The foreign coach argument is of little relevance in this discussion. Moreover, his assertion that the foreign players didn't have the time to get mentally prepared is absolutely ridiculous....these are professional players we're talking about here who do this for a living...exactly how much time do they need to become mentally prepared?
Sounds like Gally just has an ax to grind and will jump at any opportunity to do so.

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 05:56:03 AM »
Definitely too many foreign coaches being brought in just before crunch time in a WC cup campaign to help us qualify , like that has become an end itself , an opportunity to make money , sell TV rights and fill people's pockets! All Gally is saying as I interpret is that we need to build a proper foundation based on a good strong local squad that is competitive not look for every trini who call themselves pros playing in all kind of leagues and say you have a team to beat people! Football is a team game not 11 players on the field! With a really strong well structures , cohesive unit we would probably need two or three of our best pros playing at high levels who can fit in at strategic points on the field. And most importantly a team has to be motivated and be united in a mission ! Not only on the field but off the field! We have lost faith and confidence in all things Football in T &T.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 07:19:34 AM »
How can you build a strong local squad when more than likely the good ones will move on to a foreign club.

Players now a days only looking to go foreign to make a quick dollar, they don't care about staying home, this is not the Strike Squad days time has changed.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 08:17:13 AM »
Gally still livng in 1989 era ...
http://www.newsday.co.tt/sport/0,150511.html

Sunday, November 13 2011

“We need to get serious about local talent and drop the attitude that foreign (talent) is better. We have to develop home to the best level possible,” said Cummings.

so what if they get a contract abroad now  .....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 08:45:57 AM »
Gally, Vidale, and all the "Give we local coach" a chance have VERY short memories...in 2005 when it was clear that Bertille St Clair after having been given years to prepare a team, countless warm-up matches both home and abroad, had us on 1 point after 3 games (TWO of them HOME matches eh!), in the hex, was fired and promptly replaced by Beenhakker who then guided us to Germany, using a MIX of local AND foreign-based talent...MOSTLY foreign-based in the higher European Leagues...so MY opinion is that THIS formula is a blueprint for a successful WC campaign... ie get the BALANCE right....this "local squad in training all year round" CRAP has to STOP! MOST Trinis worship BRAZILIAN football...and THEY have MUCH MUCH more "LOCAL-BASED" talent than WE do.... why then does the MAJORITY of their team play in Europe? You could imagine a Brazilian team comprised MOSTLY if not entirely of Brazilian-based talent??? Give me a break yes!!!! Shabazz Jaguars beat us and 'all ah town" go suddenly say "appoint Jamal...yuh eh see he betta than than geriatric German..." Friday night's defeat is the (hopefully) FINAL nail in the coffin from the fallout with the 2006 squad....we need to get the JW hangers OUT of the TTFF, put the power back in the hands of the clubs, disband the 6 team "Semi-Pro" League maquerading as a fully professinal league and go back to Zonal Conference Football where the BEST teams and Best local players will benefit from community support and then make national teams ...AND GO ABROAD TO clubs in TOP TIER Leagues where they can develop into the next generations of Latas, Yorkes and Shaka's.. add to this relatively young foreign-born talent who are ready and willling to play for T&T (eg Jake Thompson), and we have the makings of a team capable of dominating the Caribbean and challenging in CONCACAF...just my 2 cents.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 08:48:16 AM »
we need to focus on the league in tnt. put money in it and make sure it's organization.

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 09:00:28 AM »
Your "2 cents" are absolutely correct and are, in fact, invaluable, Patriot. We do not need to go "back to the future" into a 1989 time warp. We need to move forward into the REAL future...

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 09:40:01 AM »
He may be saying all these things because 'he has an axe to grind etc"...but he is RIGHT
Its not about Local vs Foreign its about stability. Its about the continuous use of a certain system at all levels, playing players in their right position...and having PROPER preparation...at all levels

Many posters here have great ideas...and truly care about the upliftment of the game in TT. As Patriot said...the Pro League does not really make any sense, sad to say.

This is not about what should of happened or what could have been...its is about what can be done to make sure this does not happen again. I, like all the other die hard Warriors am truly saddened by this, and would hope that this can bring about some change for the better..

This round, i watched a national team play with no heart..no spine...no commitment...I saw players trotting around the field without a care in the world...I saw players without a club for months being picked on our national team....I saw us struggle to beat SHIT teams...

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2011, 11:55:47 AM »
He may be saying all these things because 'he has an axe to grind etc"...but he is RIGHT
Its not about Local vs Foreign its about stability. Its about the continuous use of a certain system at all levels, playing players in their right position...and having PROPER preparation...at all levels

Many posters here have great ideas...and truly care about the upliftment of the game in TT. As Patriot said...the Pro League does not really make any sense, sad to say.

This is not about what should of happened or what could have been...its is about what can be done to make sure this does not happen again. I, like all the other die hard Warriors am truly saddened by this, and would hope that this can bring about some change for the better..

This round, i watched a national team play with no heart..no spine...no commitment...I saw players trotting around the field without a care in the world...I saw players without a club for months being picked on our national team....I saw us struggle to beat SHIT teams...

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2011, 12:04:37 PM »
Definitely too many foreign coaches being brought in just before crunch time in a WC cup campaign to help us qualify , like that has become an end itself , an opportunity to make money , sell TV rights and fill people's pockets! All Gally is saying as I interpret is that we need to build a proper foundation based on a good strong local squad that is competitive not look for every trini who call themselves pros playing in all kind of leagues and say you have a team to beat people! Football is a team game not 11 players on the field! With a really strong well structures , cohesive unit we would probably need two or three of our best pros playing at high levels who can fit in at strategic points on the field. And most importantly a team has to be motivated and be united in a mission ! Not only on the field but off the field! We have lost faith and confidence in all things Football in T &T.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2011, 12:09:26 PM »
Gally, Vidale, and all the "Give we local coach" a chance have VERY short memories...in 2005 when it was clear that Bertille St Clair after having been given years to prepare a team, countless warm-up matches both home and abroad, had us on 1 point after 3 games (TWO of them HOME matches eh!), in the hex, was fired and promptly replaced by Beenhakker who then guided us to Germany, using a MIX of local AND foreign-based talent...MOSTLY foreign-based in the higher European Leagues...so MY opinion is that THIS formula is a blueprint for a successful WC campaign... ie get the BALANCE right....this "local squad in training all year round" CRAP has to STOP! MOST Trinis worship BRAZILIAN football...and THEY have MUCH MUCH more "LOCAL-BASED" talent than WE do.... why then does the MAJORITY of their team play in Europe? You could imagine a Brazilian team comprised MOSTLY if not entirely of Brazilian-based talent??? Give me a break yes!!!! Shabazz Jaguars beat us and 'all ah town" go suddenly say "appoint Jamal...yuh eh see he betta than than geriatric German..." Friday night's defeat is the (hopefully) FINAL nail in the coffin from the fallout with the 2006 squad....we need to get the JW hangers OUT of the TTFF, put the power back in the hands of the clubs, disband the 6 team "Semi-Pro" League maquerading as a fully professinal league and go back to Zonal Conference Football where the BEST teams and Best local players will benefit from community support and then make national teams ...AND GO ABROAD TO clubs in TOP TIER Leagues where they can develop into the next generations of Latas, Yorkes and Shaka's.. add to this relatively young foreign-born talent who are ready and willling to play for T&T (eg Jake Thompson), and we have the makings of a team capable of dominating the Caribbean and challenging in CONCACAF...just my 2 cents.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2011, 12:59:39 PM »
We shud bring back 'Gally' NOW!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2011, 01:04:09 PM »

The main thing to do NOW is to clean out the TTFF and install Sancho as President!

Anything else and we just wasting time and asking for more of the same!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2011, 02:17:31 PM »

To do what exactly?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline pops

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2011, 02:38:51 PM »
Anton Corneal is to go no where close to the national team. I figure he had too much influence on this national team as assistant a postion he should have never gotten in the first place. All anton teams fail and hear is a next one. Anton in Otto's ears was a bad idea if u asked me. Otto shoulda have his on staff and i think run things his way

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2011, 05:42:59 PM »

To do what exactly?

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2011, 07:52:28 PM »
Give Gally the job, he almost get we to ah WC and daiz what we want to achieve.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2011, 08:04:34 PM »

I agree with you 100% Preach... Gally really disappoint me with that assessment. The foreign coach argument is of little relevance in this discussion. Moreover, his assertion that the foreign players didn't have the time to get mentally prepared is absolutely ridiculous....these are professional players we're talking about here who do this for a living...exactly how much time do they need to become mentally prepared?
Sounds like Gally just has an ax to grind and will jump at any opportunity to do so.

:beermug:   Plain talk
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2011, 08:08:46 PM »
WHY YUH DOH SHUT YUH XENOPHOBIC TRAP!! from day one yuh was up the coaches buttocks with this local coach sh!t!! you was probably one of the fellas who wanted the coach tuh fail so you could say "i told you so".
well since yuh don't know, it's ah local coach who have us in this pile.  so just shut yuh trap!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 11:22:29 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2011, 09:00:05 PM »
Destroy and rebuild. We need to start supporting the local football whole heartedly, both from the corporate and general public level. Somthing as simple a throwback Latapy jersey from Sando Tech, or tv coverage of a highight game of the week (something like a MNF) could go a long way in gaining that support. Maybe these things are in the works but when it comes to local football, I do not hear or read anything positive about it. We need to change. 
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2011, 03:50:19 PM »
WHY YUH DOH SHUT YUH XENOPHOBIC TRAP!! from day one yuh was up the coaches buttocks with this local coach sh!t!! you was probably one of the fellas who wanted the coach tuh fail so you could say "i told you so".
well since yuh don't know, it's ah local coach who have us in this pile.  so just shut yuh trap!

But JC, Just like Latas, Otto failed. But we all know the reason for his failure. A dysfuctional Admin. who presented him with a poison chalice according to President,  But that is beside the point. He needed to make bread out of stone and he did not. If the same standards that  was applied to Latas, why not Otto.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2011, 04:48:14 PM »

But JC, Just like Latas, Otto failed. But we all know the reason for his failure. A dysfuctional Admin. who presented him with a poison chalice according to President,  But that is beside the point. He needed to make bread out of stone and he did not. If the same standards that  was applied to Latas, why not Otto.
Deeks, you is one of the men on the board who i does engage in pleasant dialogue bc yuh have some sense, so don't start acting like all of ah sudden yuh lose yuh good head ok bro.

now yuh see what yuh said on bold red letters, that is a very poor assessment of the situation, the fact remain that latapy had 7 games in the hex when he took over, he loss FIVE! DREW ONE, AND WON ONE! he then went on to coach the team for another 14 months with a string of bad team selections and bad results.

now how is this in any relation to otto, an accomplished coach with badges and accolades up the ying yang (something latapy don't have) was only in charge of 5 games which he won three and loss two, so don't you think that this is ah bit premature to bring up firing ah coach who IMO have a lot to offer?

if yuh want otto to receive the same consideration as latapy then i agree with you, let otto stay on fuh another 14 months just like latapy did, then we would be all even! and if he bums like latas did, then you could go on and fire him, fair enough?

BTW deeks, is this how it's going to be ? the only time we hire ah good coach is when we want tuh qualify for ah world cup? what about bringing in ah solid coach tuh develop the players, form ah bond and challenge for the regional tourneys, and then we could probably gauge ourselves and then we could go from there with the WC ambitions.

IMO hiring ah bess coach mare months before ah serious WC campaign is absolutely ridiculous and ah total waste of time and money!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2011, 04:49:40 PM »

WTF you talking about? You mental or what fella? In one thread you telling me ah eh know nutten because I don't support Pfister and now in ah another thread yuh calling meh xenophobic? Make up yuh mind nah kakahole. Plus learn to read for understanding.

There is no coach that T&T has employed that I saw was a good fit, none, not even Beehaker, although I understaood and accepted what he did. So g'way from here with that local vs foreign talk. I not in that. I calling out all ah alyuh who does just jump out with the rum talk about top coaches.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2011, 04:55:05 PM »
Gally needs to shut up because he also failed when we needed only a draw at home to qualify with the strike squad

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2011, 05:26:09 PM »

Deeks, you is one of the men on the board who i does engage in pleasant dialogue bc yuh have some sense, so don't start acting like all of ah sudden yuh lose yuh good head ok bro.

now yuh see what yuh said on bold red letters, that is a very poor assessment of the situation, the fact remain that latapy had 7 games in the hex when he took over, he loss FIVE! DREW ONE, AND WON ONE! he then went on to coach the team for another 14 months with a string of bad team selections and bad results.

now how is this in any relation to otto, an accomplished coach with badges and accolades up the ying yang (something latapy don't have) was only in charge of 5 games which he won three and loss two, so don't you think that this is ah bit premature to bring up firing ah coach who IMO have a lot to offer?

if yuh want otto to receive the same consideration as latapy then i agree with you, let otto stay on fuh another 14 months just like latapy did, then we would be all even! and if he bums like latas did, then you could go on and fire him, fair enough?

BTW deeks, is this how it's going to be ? the only time we hire ah good coach is when we want tuh qualify for ah world cup? what about bringing in ah solid coach tuh develop the players, form ah bond and challenge for the regional tourneys, and then we could probably gauge ourselves and then we could go from there with the WC ambitions.

IMO hiring ah bess coach mare months before ah serious WC campaign is absolutely ridiculous and ah total waste of time and money!

JC, Bro,
           I eh no beef with nobody on this forum. But I know everybody including myself real f--king tizik after friday night loss. I don't have no problems with having a foreign coach. Some of them were good some were bad. The same goes for locals.  But it is the people who are making these decisions that I have problem with. I don't want them dey at all. You willing to work with them and get mamaguy especially when WC comes around and then when we lose we start to cuss one another, when we damn well know what is the crux of our problem. Right now, of all the foreigners who coach for WC(and there have been many), only one was successful. No locals as yet. Gally came the closest.

Now look at this situation right now. Is Anil running football or the TTFF? What really going on. We hearing more details from loud mouth, than the TTFF president. Now allyuh see why we players disfunctional.

1]; } ?>