April 20, 2024, 04:44:45 AM

Author Topic: Corneal knocks commitment of players.  (Read 5716 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Corneal knocks commitment of players.
« on: November 14, 2011, 04:53:33 AM »
Corneal knocks commitment of players.
By Ian Prescott (Express).

Skill not enough

Out of Anton Corneal's fiery belly probably came some truths—that having skilful footballers does not always make a winning team.

"If you are not prepared to die and live it on the field, then you don't play for a national team," Trinidad and Tobago assistant national football coach Anton Corneal declared following a 2-1 loss away to Guyana on Friday night which knocked the Soca Warriors out of the World Cup.

"This is not club football, this is national football and this is what we expect from certain players. We didn't get that dying fight out of players and at the end of the day this is the result."

T&T are sometimes knocked out of World Cup qualifying by Mexico, the United States and other top CONCACAF teams, but never by Caribbean opposition. Corneal felt that commitment was lacking by his players against Guyana.

"Players said all the right things before this game. Saying it is nothing if they are not prepared to live it. We wanted to win this game just as badly, but you have to show that on the field, Corneal said. "This must never happen again."

"I think coach (Otto Pfister) is very disappointed. I am very disappointed, and the team is very disappointed. I don't think anyone else can come and do an interview at this time, but there are a couple of young players in that dressing room and they must learn the life lessons that came out here. "

Likewise, Guyana's Trinidadian coach Shabazz also felt that greater commitment by the Guyanese players made a difference on Friday night.

"I think it was hard out there. The Trinidad and Tobago players are obviously more talented. But the heart out there (was the difference). The yoeman service from the Cort brothers...Gregory Richardson playing with a damaged ankle. These brothers (Guyana) defied scientific logic with the way they played. Obviously, Trinidad and Tobago are a more quality team, but there are many times you have seen a big army defeated by a small army," Shabazz said.

Having played alongside T&T players both in T&T and Guyana, other members of the Guyanese contingent spoke of the T&T players they knew would not tackle or work hard. These they said put pressure on the entire team. More was also expected of the Warriors' foreign-based players.

Going forward, Corneal said there needs to be a proper planning assessment of what are T&T's immediate and long-term football goals.

"It going to take planning. It's going to take good planning from the Federation. The group that is coming through is a large group of talented players. But that is the same word again 'talented' players. Talent is just not enough. It is not enough if we don't have the proper desire to get on the other side of a result. We had more possession.

So What? We have nothing to show for it. We don't have anything to show for it. We have to get at the end of cross-balls. We have to pick up second balls... we have to get in front of defenders...it was not done. So, we must make no excuses."

Likewise, Shabazz felt that an early World Cup exit did not mean the end of T&T football. He said T&T had a good bunch of footballers, and had to go back to the drawing board and build a new team by combining the current Under-23s with those senior players that can be used in the long run. He said the immediate goal would be building for the Caribbean Cup and CONCACAF Gold Cup.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Corneal knocks commitment of players.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 05:47:54 AM »
Let shabbaz haul he stinkin mdcnt!! he's got some nerve to talk bout rebuilding T&T football!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 10:01:07 AM »
Let shabbaz haul he stinkin mdcnt!! he's got some nerve to talk bout rebuilding T&T football!

Why?!  ???

That's the thing about you JC, one day you would be on point and the next day you would be totally emotional & illogical!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 10:06:32 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 10:19:46 AM »
it's true tnt needs to rebuild there team again. and nothing wrong with Jamaals suggestion about tnt team. we have talent but no passion.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 10:24:28 AM »
from d minute i see pic with man disembarkin bus wit Beats by Dre headphones and swanky manpurse/satchel and dey ipads n shit somethin in my head went "oh-ohhhh"...

credit to guyana they were hungry at they came out and ate food..

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 10:41:19 AM »
from d minute i see pic with man disembarkin bus wit Beats by Dre headphones and swanky manpurse/satchel and dey ipads n shit somethin in my head went "oh-ohhhh"...

Who responsible for that?

Look Klinsman tell the US players they could only wear numbers 1 through 11. Remember for the Bermuda game in Bermuda players was shopping and sightseeing the day of the game.

Who set the pace of play leading up to the big game?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 10:57:33 AM »

Who responsible for that?

Look Klinsman tell the US players they could only wear numbers 1 through 11. Remember for the Bermuda game in Bermuda players was shopping and sightseeing the day of the game.

Who set the pace of play leading up to the big game?

The team manager and coaching staff have to take responsibility for that!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 11:05:19 AM »

I said the same facking thing to my friend,they look like real big stars going on a bloody picnic.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 11:27:13 AM »

So if dey was wearing a blazer and tie, marchin in line and lookin like fresh schooloboys yuh woulda feel better?

Or maybe if dey sportin a fade out TTFF juzzey, track pants and pipah slippers dat woulda be more to your likin?

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 12:40:14 PM »

So if dey was wearing a blazer and tie, marchin in line and lookin like fresh schooloboys yuh woulda feel better?

Or maybe if dey sportin a fade out TTFF juzzey, track pants and pipah slippers dat woulda be more to your likin?

there is much to be said for uniform and dress codes Palos.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 01:18:03 PM »

What does headphones and ipads have to do with losing a football game??

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 01:25:34 PM »
Corneal is full of crap. Friday's debacle was the legacy of the 2006 player blacklist and subsequent pay disputes where the TTFF essentially showed itself to be nothing but a group of scofflaws. If the players showed no heart and comittment, who can blame them? Unfortunately, the shirt they put on doesn't represent T&T, it represents the private interests of Jack Warner and an organization that has treated players and coaches with nothing but contempt. If Anton raises those issues, then perhaps be would get a bit more respect.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 01:27:10 PM »
Some ah allyuh just need to stop f**kin postin oui!!  So now ah man entertainment devices he using in he f**kin free time is ah problem.  Yuh go swear it ha footage wid man on de bench fiddlin rong wid f**kin ipad an ignorin de coach when he tellin dem warm up nah.  All who f**kin studyin dat is some prime f**kin grade A c0ntholez!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 01:30:37 PM »

We losing games because ah ipods long time according 2 d cornmeals long time.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 01:57:50 PM »

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Fitzinho i wondered the same thing myself, but I understand people just trying to makes sense of this whole mess!!

Fellahs coulda be dressed in tuxedo, sans murse, headphones and all ah dat and it wouldna make ah damn difference. I'm sure it would have people who would go into a long-winded philosophical discussion bout de way dey dressed have a bearing on how de perform, blah, blah, effing blah!!!!

Men just shit down dance, plain and simple!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2011, 02:02:50 PM »
Why Corneal don't shut up is right! Where is Hutson Charles, it seems he doesn't talk! Corneal should do the same . They are OJTs!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2011, 03:30:05 PM »
Some ah allyuh just need to stop f**kin postin oui!!  So now ah man entertainment devices he using in he f**kin free time is ah problem.  Yuh go swear it ha footage wid man on de bench fiddlin rong wid f**kin ipad an ignorin de coach when he tellin dem warm up nah.  All who f**kin studyin dat is some prime f**kin grade A c0ntholez!!

Daiz why we lorse to first Bermuda and now freaking Guyana, because ah people like alyuh so, always some bligh and f@#king leeway for these fellas. These fellas need to be turned on all the time. They don't have ah freaking clue about playing and staying on the edge, knowing how to play out of their mind.  They need to be taught this. And you and yuh c**thole statement will keep we in the f@#king dump.

Keep giving them bligh, the manner in which yuh show up, dress, and carry about yuhself doh matter. bag ah rocks.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2011, 03:34:08 PM »
allyuh shoulda see the Hotel the team stayed at in Guyana...  think Mayaro Beach House...shameful
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2011, 03:34:17 PM »
Corneal is full of crap. Friday's debacle was the legacy of the 2006 player blacklist and subsequent pay disputes where the TTFF essentially showed itself to be nothing but a group of scofflaws. If the players showed no heart and comittment, who can blame them? Unfortunately, the shirt they put on doesn't represent T&T, it represents the private interests of Jack Warner and an organization that has treated players and coaches with nothing but contempt. If Anton raises those issues, then perhaps be would get a bit more respect.

In complete agreement, excellent post 
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2011, 03:36:30 PM »

In complete agreement, excellent post 

:beermug: :beermug:

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2011, 04:13:38 PM »

Daiz why we lorse to first Bermuda and now freaking Guyana, because ah people like alyuh so, always some bligh and f@#king leeway for these fellas. These fellas need to be turned on all the time. They don't have ah freaking clue about playing and staying on the edge, knowing how to play out of their mind.  They need to be taught this. And you and yuh c**thole statement will keep we in the f@#king dump.

Keep giving them bligh, the manner in which yuh show up, dress, and carry about yuhself doh matter. bag ah rocks.

Boy shut yuh c0nt eh!!  Wha de f**k "people like me" ha to do with the performance of the players on the field?  How does "people like me" affect whether the players and staff are paid on time or not?  How de f**k "people like me impactin anything of substance imps?!!  So if ah understand yuh correct Hyland having on a Dre Beats headphones and an Ipad is a reflection of poor choice of attire right asshole?!!  So dem f**kin man who I passin dat wukkin Wall Street and have de exact same accessories musse f**kin losers den?  Imagine allyuh f**kin cryin dong man fuh havin ah f**kin headphones an muddazcont Ipad?!!  Yuh eh see allyuh f**kin dotish!!!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2011, 04:17:45 PM »

Boy shut yuh c0nt eh!!  Wha de f**k "people like me" ha to do with the performance of the players on the field?  How does "people like me" affect whether the players and staff are paid on time or not?  How de f**k "people like me impactin anything of substance imps?!!  So if ah understand yuh correct Hyland having on a Dre Beats headphones and an Ipad is a reflection of poor choice of attire right asshole?!!  So dem f**kin man who I passin dat wukkin Wall Street and have de exact same accessories musse f**kin losers den?  Imagine allyuh f**kin cryin dong man fuh havin ah f**kin headphones an muddazcont Ipad?!!  Yuh eh see allyuh f**kin dotish!!!

You just want to be an arse it seems.

These fellas learn from idiots like you. Anyway, alyuh know best yes. T&T football eh going nowhere.

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2011, 04:30:05 PM »
The headphones and the man purse aint have nothing to do with it!! The problem is the heart and the commitment on the FIELD!! Trinidad players only fight a game when they losing in the last 15 mins of a game!! thats the onkly time they have urgency and apply any pressure!! It have nothing to do with style or head phones and thing.............
Men have to understand this is a job ........ representing your country ,if you cant give a 100% effort in prepation aka trainings / practice .....u shouldbr be on the field n if you cant give it on the field you sure as hell shouldnt be on the team!!

Shabazz correct, men dont have heart!! Talent can only get you so far!!! Men coming in wid some sorf as butter half arse tackling.......waste of time!!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2011, 04:37:27 PM »
We payers gonna have to continue to play for leagues in Vietnam, and for Pune fc, and trials in SA. Because they eh reach nowhere and they want to behave like they reach.

One ah we players went on trials with an MLS team and they really liked his ABILITY, however they thought that he was not HUNGRY enough. He did not have that desire, that fire in his belly to actually make that team and become successful. His attitude was like, I "I'm good at this so ah here."

Not good enough fella. These fellas need to have discipline Drilled into they f@#king skull. These boys need to learn to become men, to work hard and eat dirt when they hungry, and drink they sweat from digging the dirt they eating. It's not just about these fellas and they Ipad or female accesories, it's about the entire approach to the game they say they love.

If you cannot see or understand that then is either you rel f#$king dotish or you don't care about these fellas. Why no one since Yorke can't do anything substantial? This whatever menatality and culture need to stop, it must if we are to progress. The "whappen so ah man cyah wear some headphones?" is not it. Time and Place, importance of the event, the extra concentration and desired needed is critical for these fellas to learn.

Interview by Mike Woitalla (from Soccer America's Youth Soccer Insider)

SOCCER AMERICA: Are you confident that the players you took to Mexico were the best in the USA at this age group?

WILMER CABRERA: Yes.

SA: Now that you’ve had a week to reflect on your team’s performance in Mexico, what’s your impression?

WILMER CABRERA: The same impression I had at the beginning of the tournament. We have a group of players who cannot yet compete at the highest level with the top teams in the world.

At this age, our boys in the United States, they’re very young, they’re immature. At this age in the top countries, they’re already men. They’re more mature. They’re more professional. They have a more professional mentality.

That is something you cannot manage in practices. You have to live with that. It’s a big advantage the other countries have over us

Let's keep that "bligh" mentality and the USA will keep playing friendlies against France, Spain, Brazil, etc. and we will keep getting knocked out by teams in the CFU.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2011, 04:40:04 PM »
Ah was going and comment on Maurice Adu and de BBD headphones that he ALWAYS wearing but then ah see he get ah 3 out of 10 rating against France....dat go just be ammo for people to say  "see what ah mean" ;)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2011, 04:40:44 PM »
The headphones and the man purse aint have nothing to do with it!! The problem is the heart and the commitment on the FIELD!! Trinidad players only fight a game when they losing in the last 15 mins of a game!! thats the onkly time they have urgency and apply any pressure!! It have nothing to do with style or head phones and thing.............
Men have to understand this is a job ........ representing your country ,if you cant give a 100% effort in prepation aka trainings / practice .....u shouldbr be on the field n if you cant give it on the field you sure as hell shouldnt be on the team!!Shabazz correct, men dont have heart!! Talent can only get you so far!!! Men coming in wid some sorf as butter half arse tackling.......waste of time!!

Who determine this?

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2011, 04:42:22 PM »
Ah was going and comment on Maurice Adu and de BBD headphones that he ALWAYS wearing but then ah see he get ah 3 out of 10 rating against France....dat go just be ammo for people to say  "see what ah mean" ;)

:frustrated:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2011, 06:03:41 PM »
allyuh shoulda see the Hotel the team stayed at in Guyana...  think Mayaro Beach House...shameful
Breds, doh be so standoffish nah, @ least give us your take on things. after all, this is ah forum, if yuh was there and you saw things that could've contributed to these result, then please enlighten us.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2011, 09:53:19 PM »
there is much to be said for uniform and dress codes Palos.

...there is much to be said for "focus", period... which I believe is what mukumsplau was hinting at, and which I'm sure most of us got.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2011, 12:05:48 AM »
I think all ah flickin steups f**kin allyuh missin de point. Corneal make a statement and once again he blamin de f**kin players. The one constant with the national team when you take into account various head coaches and black listed players has been ANTON CORNEAL. If you're coaching a team you do not see lack of commitment in hind sight...I wonder what he asks himself during and after practices.... that is where you see the level of commitment and who is half-assing it.
Now the bigger question is to whom is he accountable because as a coach he doesn't seem to understand where his responsibilty begins.

1]; } ?>