March 28, 2024, 07:19:57 AM

Author Topic: T&T ends W/Cup campaign with 2-0 win over Guyana.  (Read 8032 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T ends W/Cup campaign with 2-0 win over Guyana.
« on: November 15, 2011, 04:57:39 PM »
Warriors end it with a win.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago salvaged whatever little pride that was left from their 2014 World Cup campaign with a 2-0 victory over Guyana  in their final qualifying encounter at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Tuesday evening.

"How come... we should have and what if?" was the writing on the wall for the "Soca Warriors" as second half goals by Kenwyne Jones (59th) and Lester Peltier (64th pushed T&T to 12 points to seal second place in the group behind Guyana (13 points).

Wednesday will certainly be a day of reflection and on a day which marks six years since T&T defeated Bahrain 1-0 in Manama to secure a place at the 2006 World Cup Finals.

The match saw a start by T&T that really would have served a lot better purpose in Providence a few days ago. Barring the fact that Guyana were missing at least four of their key starter, T&T, also without an injured Khaleem Hyland, Julius James and Chris Birchall played with a lot more drive and positive intent than  what the T&T faithful witnessed on Friday.

Jones, ending the campaign with three goals to his name, should have put T&T ahead in the 20th minute but failed to meet an incoming right side delivery after Hughtun Hector and Peltier combined.A minute later Guyana had a chance of their own when Vurlon Mills dragged a low effort straight towards goalkeeper Marvin Phillip.

Then with the half hour approaching, Kendall Jagdeosingh was goal shy and opted to find Peltier who in turn could only direct his effort wide of the near post.

Up to that point, T&T looked far from troubled by the Guyanese and in command of their own play. The story was different at the same time of proceedings in Providence.

T&T's first attempt at goal came when Jones turned neatly on top the box and created a chance for Molino but his snap effort was deflected inches wide of the upright. The opportunities were cheered on by the small but eager T&T  fans who were desperate to see their men make up in some little way for their past mishaps.

Guyana had one or two fair looks at goal but there was nothing close to the Ricky Shakes net shaker that set the pace for them in the first clash.

And with T&T now looking likely to push ahead, Jones drilled him to put T&T 1-0 up in the 59th minute. A minute later, the hosts squandered a sitter and a furious

Pfister knocked over empty chair near the T&T bench, wondering how T&T could not convert the simplest of chances.

Peltier struck his fourth goal of the campaign when he rushed into the box to unleash his shot in the goal following a Molino assist.

"Again I say that this campaign was lost in Bermuda when we went there missing three or four key overseas-based players and had about four new boys in the squad but we will not make that excuse now," Pfister said.

"Today we see that it was not impossible to lose to Guyana there because they are not a bad team and they are organized but we also saw what our capabilities were. This I think was our downfall in that our preparation was not the best at the start of the campaign.

We had one match and it was impossible to get all our players together to play outside of the FIFA dates for maybe some other matches. But I think that with proper planning and preparation we have a very good chance to qualify for the next Gold Cup and then 2018.

"Football in the entire country has to change. I never bad talk my Federation or Association. Right now we don't have a President and my boss is Richard (Groden) and I never bad talk these people in such position because I think we have to work together always. Nobody wants to lose.

But the Professional League in this country has to improve. Right now it is zero and many other things in your football have to improve. What happens here happens nowhere else where football is serious my friends, the German-born added.

"You have to make the investment and plan and prepare from very early. You cannot wait until 2016. And you must have the best in everything from early for your preparation. Do not take things lightly and say okay maybe we can manage it this way.

As for me, I don't know my future but football is played all over the world and I have been through it all. I can get a job easily tomorrow. It's my decision to take it if I want.

I chose to come to Trinidad because I saw an opportunity to help a country like yours. The money is no problem for me. I can get more money in other bigger countries but this is not the point I am making here. I want to see the football improve," said Pfister who turns 74 on November 24.

"My only worry is my staff here. These men worked very hard and give a lot of effort. You do not get this everyday in a lot of other countries and I can tell you this from experience.

So what happens to them now? Will they get the chance to improve and to serve? Or will they be put away.

I think you must keep  these people and allow them to build on this and use their experience for the benefit of your football. There must be something where your football continues and then you can prepare to take on the bigger countries and achieve success.

FINAL

Result

T&T 2 (Kenwyne Jones 58, Lester Peltier 64) vs Guyana 0

Teams

Trinidad & Tobago: - 1.Marvin Phillip, 20.Seon Power (Yellow 41), 3.Carlyle Mitchell, 4.Akeem Adams, 6.Osei Telesford, 11.Carlos Edwards, 12.Kendall Jagdeosingh, 13.Lester Peltier, 15.Hughtun Hector, 16.Kevin Molino, 9.Kenwyne Jones (capt) (10.Hayden Tinto 80th).

Unused Subs: - 21.Jan-Michael Williams, 5.Julius James, 8.Khaleem Hyland, 14.Stern John, 17.Anthony Wolfe, 18.Andrei Pacheco, 19.Keon Daniel.

Coach: - Otto Pfister (GER).

Guyana: - 22.Richard Reynolds, 2.Jake Newton, 3.Christopher Bourne, 4.Leon Cort, 5.Walter Moore, 7.Dwain Jacobs, 13.Charles Pollard (6.Taylor Benjamin 47th), 14.Anthony Benfield (9.Alinani Mounter 62nd), 17.Vurlon Mills (11.Colin Nelson 68th), 19.Travis Grant, 20.Dwight Peters.

Unused Subs: - 1.Ronson Williams, 16.Kayode McKinnon, 21.Ricky Shakes, 10.Trayon Bobb.

Coach: - Jamaal Shabazz (TRI).

Venue: - Hasley Crawford Stadium (Trinidad).

Attendance: - 600.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 04:16:01 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T ends W/Cup campaign with 2-0 win over Guyana.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 05:05:49 PM »
Too late but if they had lost this game too I would have had blisters on my palms from washing my hands of them.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Who went to the game?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 08:24:43 PM »
Can someone who attended the game give us ah report, or at least ah round up.      por favor.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: Who went to the game?
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 08:29:28 PM »
made it to the gate and saw the most amount a yellow jersey i ever see to go to a match

guyanese watchin me funny and laffin etc

somewhere inside my heart i cudnt take on goin in so i jus turn around and leave
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 08:31:01 PM »
eh eh just reach home,so we beat Guyana again when it doesn't matter?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 08:49:35 PM »
I believe that this would have been the result even if the game was meaningful.

I wonder if it would have been wise to swallow our pride and employ a conservative strategy in Guyana - get guys behind the ball and walk away with a point....then bring it home in the Hasely. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 09:10:55 PM »
I wonder if it would have been wise to swallow our pride and employ a conservative strategy in Guyana - get guys behind the ball and walk away with a point....then bring it home in the Hasely. 

Possibly. I spoke to someone over the weekend who is involved with the Guyanese national football programme, and he said that under no circumstances did they want to come to T&T in a must-win game situation. So obviously dey was going to turn up de pressure. De question is whether we woulda have de structure and discipline to absorb it and ketch dem on de counter.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 09:28:09 PM »
made it to the gate and saw the most amount a yellow jersey i ever see to go to a match

somewhere inside my heart i cudnt take on goin in so i jus turn around and leave

So you allow foreigners to intimidate you in your own country!!   :o

What sort of weak-hearted behaviour is that?!   :-[

Glad someone like you have declared that you’re no longer supporting the Warriors, we don't need weak-hearted supporters like you!!   

Good riddance, seriously!! :beermug:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 09:31:36 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 09:39:06 PM »

Just the fact that we talking about playing conservative against Guyana, under any circumstance, tells you all you need to know about where the national program is.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 09:40:25 PM »
Well Tallman that should have been the strategy. One would have thought that with a German Coach that counter strategy would have been the way to go, but Guyana wanted it more than us according to Anton Corneal.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 09:44:37 PM »
VICTORY IN VAIN
Soca Warriors beat Guyana 2-0
By Ian Prescott ian.prescott@trinidadexpress.com

Story Created: Nov 15, 2011 at 11:02 PM ECT

Story Updated: Nov 15, 2011 at 11:02 PM ECT

The fabled 12th man was most absent, but Trinidad and Tobago's Soca Warriors still managed a 2-0 victory over Guyana in their final match of the failed Brazil 2014 World Cup qualifying campaign last night at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain.

After a dull, goalless first half, the Warriors won on second half goals from captain Kenwyne Jones and forward Lester Peltier.

By the time the Trinidad and Tobago national anthem was played just prior to kick-off yesterday, there were 116 spectators in the uncovered stands, among them three yellow-clad Guyanese supporters and four policemen. Ten more stood outside the player's tunnel, while another 300 or so fans were in the covered stand, including infuriated nutsman "Jumbo", who was questioning the patriotism of T&T supporters.

Later, Jumbo donated $50 for every goal the Soca Warriors scored.

Trinidad and Tobago coach Otto Pfister made four changes to the team which lost 1-2 to Guyana on Friday night, giving starts to Carlyle Mitchell, Osei Telesford, Kendall Jagdeosingh and Hughton Hector, replacing Keon Daniel, Chris Birchall, Khaleem Hyland and Julius James.

But the first half had the intensity of a friendly, before the Warriors turned it up a bit in the second session.

Trinidad and Tobago had greater possession, but lacked attacking ideas. At the same time, the home team always looked vulnerable to the quick Guyanese counter-attacks.

Although the first half ended without a goal, T&T still had a couple of good chances to take the lead.

Both midfielder Kevin Molino and skipper Jones ran clear on goal, but could not beat Guyana reserve goalkeeper Richard Reynolds.

Molino had the best chance in the 29th when sent on by Lester Peltier's flick, but the goalie's feint touch was enough to turn the ball wide. And in the 36th Jones met Hector's straight through ball, but Reynolds blocked his shot.

T&T defender Mitchell also had two free headers from Hector's corner kick, including a downward header which was cleared off the line in the eighth minute.

For Guyana, an unmarked Dwain Jacob had a free shot which went wide from atop the penalty area in the 14th and striker Dwight Peter got by defenders Seon Power and Mitchell, but hit straight at T&T keeper Marvin Phillip, who had little other work on the night.

Jones finally gave the Warriors the lead in the 58th with a clinical low shot from atop the penalty area. And then in the 65th Peltier's pace allowed him to intercept a Jones pass and he scored to make it 2-0 from close up in the penalty area.

But that marked the end of another World Cup campaign for Trinidad and Tobago.

TEAMS:

Trinidad & Tobago: 1.Marvin Phillips, 20.Seon Power (Yellow 41), 3.Carlyle Mitchell, 4.A Adams, 6.Osei Telesford, 11.Carlos Edwards, 12.Kendall Jagdeosingh, 13.Lester Peltier, 15.Hughtun Hector, 16.Kevin Molino, 9.Kenwyne Jones (Captain) (10.Hayden Tinto 81st)

Subs: 21.Jan-Michael Williams, 5.Julius James, 8.Khaleem Hyland, 14.Stern John, 17.Anthony Wolfe, 18.Andrei Pacheco, 19.Keon Daniel

Coach: Otto Pfister (GER)

Guyana–22.Richard Reynolds, 2.Jake Newton, 3.Christopher Bourne, 4.Leon Cort, 5.Walter Moore, 7.Dwain Jacobs, 13.Charles Pollard (6.Taylor Benjamin 47th), 14.Anthony Benfield (9.Alinani Mounter 62nd), 17.Vurlon Mills (11.Colin Nelson- 69th), 19.Travis Grant, 20.Dwight Peters

Subs: 1.Ronson Williams, 16.Kayode McKinnon, 21.Ricky Shakes, 10.Trayon Bobb

Coach: Jamaal Shabazz (T&T)

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 10:01:41 PM »
Well poor old Bahrain look like they will be eliminated as well.

Offline CAPITANO

• Full Warrior
  • I heart zaboka
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 10:31:06 PM »
VICTORY IN VAIN
Soca Warriors beat Guyana 2-0
By Ian Prescott ian.prescott@trinidadexpress.com

Story Created: Nov 15, 2011 at 11:02 PM ECT

Story Updated: Nov 15, 2011 at 11:02 PM ECT

The fabled 12th man was most absent, but Trinidad and Tobago's Soca Warriors still managed a 2-0 victory over Guyana in their final match of the failed Brazil 2014 World Cup qualifying campaign last night at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain.

After a dull, goalless first half, the Warriors won on second half goals from captain Kenwyne Jones and forward Lester Peltier.

By the time the Trinidad and Tobago national anthem was played just prior to kick-off yesterday, there were 116 spectators in the uncovered stands, among them three yellow-clad Guyanese supporters and four policemen. Ten more stood outside the player's tunnel, while another 300 or so fans were in the covered stand, including infuriated nutsman "Jumbo", who was questioning the patriotism of T&T supporters.

Later, Jumbo donated $50 for every goal the Soca Warriors scored.

Trinidad and Tobago coach Otto Pfister made four changes to the team which lost 1-2 to Guyana on Friday night, giving starts to Carlyle Mitchell, Osei Telesford, Kendall Jagdeosingh and Hughton Hector, replacing Keon Daniel, Chris Birchall, Khaleem Hyland and Julius James.

But the first half had the intensity of a friendly, before the Warriors turned it up a bit in the second session.

Trinidad and Tobago had greater possession, but lacked attacking ideas. At the same time, the home team always looked vulnerable to the quick Guyanese counter-attacks.

Although the first half ended without a goal, T&T still had a couple of good chances to take the lead.

Both midfielder Kevin Molino and skipper Jones ran clear on goal, but could not beat Guyana reserve goalkeeper Richard Reynolds.

Molino had the best chance in the 29th when sent on by Lester Peltier's flick, but the goalie's feint touch was enough to turn the ball wide. And in the 36th Jones met Hector's straight through ball, but Reynolds blocked his shot.

T&T defender Mitchell also had two free headers from Hector's corner kick, including a downward header which was cleared off the line in the eighth minute.

For Guyana, an unmarked Dwain Jacob had a free shot which went wide from atop the penalty area in the 14th and striker Dwight Peter got by defenders Seon Power and Mitchell, but hit straight at T&T keeper Marvin Phillip, who had little other work on the night.

Jones finally gave the Warriors the lead in the 58th with a clinical low shot from atop the penalty area. And then in the 65th Peltier's pace allowed him to intercept a Jones pass and he scored to make it 2-0 from close up in the penalty area.

But that marked the end of another World Cup campaign for Trinidad and Tobago.

TEAMS:

Trinidad & Tobago: 1.Marvin Phillips, 20.Seon Power (Yellow 41), 3.Carlyle Mitchell, 4.A Adams, 6.Osei Telesford, 11.Carlos Edwards, 12.Kendall Jagdeosingh, 13.Lester Peltier, 15.Hughtun Hector, 16.Kevin Molino, 9.Kenwyne Jones (Captain) (10.Hayden Tinto 81st)

Subs: 21.Jan-Michael Williams, 5.Julius James, 8.Khaleem Hyland, 14.Stern John, 17.Anthony Wolfe, 18.Andrei Pacheco, 19.Keon Daniel

Coach: Otto Pfister (GER)

Guyana–22.Richard Reynolds, 2.Jake Newton, 3.Christopher Bourne, 4.Leon Cort, 5.Walter Moore, 7.Dwain Jacobs, 13.Charles Pollard (6.Taylor Benjamin 47th), 14.Anthony Benfield (9.Alinani Mounter 62nd), 17.Vurlon Mills (11.Colin Nelson- 69th), 19.Travis Grant, 20.Dwight Peters

Subs: 1.Ronson Williams, 16.Kayode McKinnon, 21.Ricky Shakes, 10.Trayon Bobb

Coach: Jamaal Shabazz (T&T)

Well poor old Bahrain look like they will be eliminated as well.

LMAO @ Jumbo...The man mus be vex....Lack of supportes in the stadium means slow sale of nuts..
Damn the TTFF!!!!
WE JAMMIN STILL!!!!!!

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 11:02:33 PM »
dem trinis have no pride to support the sport.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 12:01:42 AM »

Glad someone like you have declared that you’re no longer supporting the Warriors, we don't need weak-hearted supporters like you!!   

damn b thats cold .what the hell.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 01:14:43 AM »

easy killer, its another sHOTTA that said they not supporting the warriors
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 03:36:18 AM »

Football appears to be dead in your country brother. You really cant blame the players that much then I suppose, when the fans themselves show even less fight and courage than the players on the pitch. How the hell can a visiting team intimidate and out-number the fans of the home team for a world cup qualifying game (well, maybe this game strictly speaking wasnt a world cup qualifier in the real sense, but you get what i mean). In Jamaica, fans not only show up to see the national team play, they also show up tyo see their favorite players from the clubs they represent. So in a scenario where Jamaica were eliminated from the world cup and playing a game with no real meaning, fans would still show up to see their favorite players....guys like Ricardo Fuller, and back in teh days Wlater Boyd, Onandi Lowe had their own set of fans from their club who would at least give you a 10,000 attendance by default just for those 3 or 4 players. Its not always about national pride, club loyalty also has a role to play.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 05:04:32 AM »
I suppose Trinidad could take some pride in the fact that indirectly we have developed their football with so many of their players making their living in TT professional league,add to that the amount of times we played them in friendlies and what about them having a Trini coach.
We to nice for we own good.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 05:58:06 AM »

Who are u to make statements like that??

When last u actually supported TnT football? 

I know SHOTTA and we supporting football long time now.........so what if the facking man hurt and dealt with the pain in his own way?

Some ah allyuh does only talk plenty shit because allyuh ass clog up!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 06:02:47 AM »

That's the wrong shotta dread, the shotta you talking bout is sHOTTA 12. doh get yuh stottas mixed up, it have another shatta, but he from yard.
 so be careful before yuh pick up shot  ;D
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 06:05:49 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 06:42:31 AM »

Trinidad and Tobago salvaged whatever little pride that was left from their 2014 World Cup campaign with a 2-0 victory over Guyana  in their final qualifying encounter at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Tuesday evening.

"How come... we should have and what if?" was the writing on the wall for the "Soca Warriors" as second half goals by Kenwyne Jones (59th) and Lester Peltier (64th pushed T&T to 12 points to seal second place in the group behind Guyana (13 points).

Wednesday will certainly be a day of reflection and on a day which marks six years since T&T defeated Bahrain 1-0 in Manama to secure a place at the 2006 World Cup Finals.

The match saw a start by T&T that really would have served a lot better purpose in Providence a few days ago. Barring the fact that Guyana were missing at least four of their key starter, T&T, also without an injured Khaleem Hyland, Julius James and Chris Birchall played with a lot more drive and positive intent than  what the T&T faithful witnessed on Friday.

Jones, ending the campaign with three goals to his name, should have put T&T ahead in the 20th minute but failed to meet an incoming right side delivery after Hughtun Hector and Peltier combined.A minute later Guyana had a chance of their own when Vurlon Mills dragged a low effort straight towards goalkeeper Marvin Phillip.

Then with the half hour approaching, Kendall Jagdeosingh was goal shy and opted to find Peltier who in turn could only direct his effort wide of the near post.

Up to that point, T&T looked far from troubled by the Guyanese and in command of their own play. The story was different at the same time of proceedings in Providence.

T&T's first attempt at goal came when Jones turned neatly on top the box and created a chance for Molino but his snap effort was deflected inches wide of the upright. The opportunities were cheered on by the small but eager T&T  fans who were desperate to see their men make up in some little way for their past mishaps.

Guyana had one or two fair looks at goal but there was nothing close to the Ricky Shakes net shaker that set the pace for them in the first clash.

And with T&T now looking likely to push ahead, Jones drilled him to put T&T 1-0 up in the 59th minute. A minute later, the hosts squandered a sitter and a furious

Pfister knocked over empty chair near the T&T bench, wondering how T&T could not convert the simplest of chances.

Peltier struck his fourth goal of the campaign when he rushed into the box to unleash his shot in the goal following a Molino assist.

"Again I say that this campaign was lost in Bermuda when we went there missing three or four key overseas-based players and had about four new boys in the squad but we will not make that excuse now," Pfister said.

"Today we see that it was not impossible to lose to Guyana there because they are not a bad team and they are organized but we also saw what our capabilities were. This I think was our downfall in that our preparation was not the best at the start of the campaign.

We had one match and it was impossible to get all our players together to play outside of the FIFA dates for maybe some other matches. But I think that with proper planning and preparation we have a very good chance to qualify for the next Gold Cup and then 2018.

"Football in the entire country has to change. I never bad talk my Federation or Association. Right now we don't have a President and my boss is Richard (Groden) and I never bad talk these people in such position because I think we have to work together always. Nobody wants to lose.

But the Professional League in this country has to improve. Right now it is zero and many other things in your football have to improve. What happens here happens nowhere else where football is serious my friends, the German-born added.

"You have to make the investment and plan and prepare from very early. You cannot wait until 2016. And you must have the best in everything from early for your preparation. Do not take things lightly and say okay maybe we can manage it this way.

As for me, I don't know my future but football is played all over the world and I have been through it all. I can get a job easily tomorrow. It's my decision to take it if I want.

I chose to come to Trinidad because I saw an opportunity to help a country like yours. The money is no problem for me. I can get more money in other bigger countries but this is not the point I am making here. I want to see the football improve," said Pfister who turns 74 on November 24.

"My only worry is my staff here. These men worked very hard and give a lot of effort. You do not get this everyday in a lot of other countries and I can tell you this from experience.

So what happens to them now? Will they get the chance to improve and to serve? Or will they be put away.

I think you must keep  these people and allow them to build on this and use their experience for the benefit of your football. There must be something where your football continues and then you can prepare to take on the bigger countries and achieve success.

FINAL

Result

Teams

Trinidad & Tobago: - 1.Marvin Phillip, 20.Seon Power (Yellow 41), 3.Carlyle Mitchell, 4.Akeem Adams, 6.Osei Telesford, 11.Carlos Edwards, 12.Kendall Jagdeosingh, 13.Lester Peltier, 15.Hughtun Hector, 16.Kevin Molino, 9.Kenwyne Jones (capt) (10.Hayden Tinto 80th).

Unused Subs: - 21.Jan-Michael Williams, 5.Julius James, 8.Khaleem Hyland, 14.Stern John, 17.Anthony Wolfe, 18.Andrei Pacheco, 19.Keon Daniel.

Guyana: - 22.Richard Reynolds, 2.Jake Newton, 3.Christopher Bourne, 4.Leon Cort, 5.Walter Moore, 7.Dwain Jacobs, 13.Charles Pollard (6.Taylor Benjamin 47th), 14.Anthony Benfield (9.Alinani Mounter 62nd), 17.Vurlon Mills (11.Colin Nelson 68th), 19.Travis Grant, 20.Dwight Peters.

Unused Subs: - 1.Ronson Williams, 16.Kayode McKinnon, 21.Ricky Shakes, 10.Trayon Bobb.

Yuh know it's funny how men talk all kinda ting about this and that, but no one talked about what otto addressed! i notice a lot of allyuh love tuh fool allyuh self and sit and wallow in allyuh denial.

when i fuss come on this board i saw fellas doggin jamaica football bc they was in ah rot, and ppl was basking in the past glory of how great T&T football used to be, and now i often wonder if that was ah just a fallacy.

maybe we dominated in the region @ one time bc these countries were not taking football seriously, together with their lack of infrastructure allowed us to dominate for so long, but as soon as these countries started competing seriously and began to implore ah more professional approach, they started showing us up as overrated.

the fact is and the fact remain, that T&T did not take football seriously in the past 20 yrs, and more so the past 5 yrs! we've seen right after the world cup where we was on ah stop and go program, with no continuity, but man on here bawling bout "how guyana beat we boy?" and "fire the coach!!" instead ah admitting that we facked up royally.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 06:46:59 AM by just cool »

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 07:12:05 AM »

FINAL

Result

Teams

Yuh know it's funny how men talk all kinda ting about this and that, but no one talked about what otto addressed! i notice a lot of allyuh love tuh fool allyuh self and sit and wallow in allyuh denial.

when i fuss come on this board i saw fellas doggin jamaica football bc they was in ah rot, and ppl was basking in the past glory of how great T&T football used to be, and now i often wonder if that was ah just a fallacy.

maybe we dominated in the region @ one time bc these countries were not taking football seriously, together with their lack of infrastructure allowed us to dominate for so long, but as soon as these countries started competing seriously and began to implore ah more professional approach, they started showing us up as overrated.

the fact is and the fact remain, that T&T did not take football seriously in the past 20 yrs, and more so the past 5 yrs! we've seen right after the world cup where we was on ah stop and go program, with no continuity, but man on here bawling bout "how guyana beat we boy?" and "fire the coach!!" instead ah admitting that we facked up royally.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Yes brother preach on we have some delusional people on this site for real it even makes me wonder about posting sometimes,judging from many responses on this board no wonder we in a permanent rut it's a mentality that even our players possess.

This so called campaign stunk from the start with mediocre players lack of funding no serious practice matches and it seems like our football  is going to be dead for a very longtime unless the only hope is to take the under 23 squad and run with them full stop no excuses no bullshit.

The reality is we don't need but maybe 2 or possibly 3 players over 25 with some senior experience...     

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 07:27:13 AM »
I still depressed since fri...I study to go the game but about 3 o clock I say fack dat.

The $100 I woulda spend in entry , I went and take a trim and buy a rounds of drinks for meh partners by the bar. I sit down and drink meh two Guinness and I take in the Germany game and piece of the Costa Rica game.

I cyar spend money to watch nobody drag the flag and not try.

Is dat what hurting meh more dan anything...I wasn't in the mood for Keon Daniel, Kenwyne and the rest.

Them fellas did not appreciate and understand what a lil effort woulda do...from a smile and sense of well being to fans, Jumbo and other vendors getting a sale, tourists from other teams visiting the country...to being able to get a contract abroad.

We might not have made it to the World Cup, but it was 6 more WC games and whatever friendlies to make a difference and add something positive to T&T.

When I read Shabaaz and the Guyanese players comments bout how they knew who woulda play hard and who woulda fold up, it just hurt even more...imagine yuh own opponents know yuh sorf and cyar take jam and how to deal with you. That itself is shameful, it was not a question of skill, talent or fitness but attitude.

The only thing consoling me is the money, time and emotional distress I have saved myself from T&T's early exit.

Congrats to Guyana, good luck in the next round and put yuh best foot fwd. 

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2011, 09:42:07 AM »
I still depressed since fri...I study to go the game but about 3 o clock I say fack dat.

The $100 I woulda spend in entry , I went and take a trim and buy a rounds of drinks for meh partners by the bar. I sit down and drink meh two Guinness and I take in the Germany game and piece of the Costa Rica game.

I cyar spend money to watch nobody drag the flag and not try.

Is dat what hurting meh more dan anything...I wasn't in the mood for Keon Daniel, Kenwyne and the rest.

Them fellas did not appreciate and understand what a lil effort woulda do...from a smile and sense of well being to fans, Jumbo and other vendors getting a sale, tourists from other teams visiting the country...to being able to get a contract abroad.

We might not have made it to the World Cup, but it was 6 more WC games and whatever friendlies to make a difference and add something positive to T&T.

When I read Shabaaz and the Guyanese players comments bout how they knew who woulda play hard and who woulda fold up, it just hurt even more...imagine yuh own opponents know yuh sorf and cyar take jam and how to deal with you. That itself is shameful, it was not a question of skill, talent or fitness but attitude.

The only thing consoling me is the money, time and emotional distress I have saved myself from T&T's early exit.

Congrats to Guyana, good luck in the next round and put yuh best foot fwd. 
Touches, i real surprised @ you friend, and i'll tell yuh why. yuh know if you said this in august then i woulda give yuh ah pong and leave it @ that, but now??! why now??

breds, it's since 1975 i following T&T football with my uncles cousins and the grown men dem in my area. i come from ah long football tradition where there were footballers from the top leagues on down going @ it in my immediate surroundings. there were maple fans and players, colts fans and players, aloha fans and players, and malvern fans and players, matter of fact the captain of malvern lived in my neighborhood.

bredder, i've seen the national team dormant for ah period of 10 yrs since we loss to haiti in 73, matter of fact, they never made ah serious run until 84. for ten yrs all we had to follow was savannah, PSA and community small goal competitive football, why yuh think intercol and the SSFL was such ah huge deal, BC national football was none existent.

the first international game i watch was against haiti in PSA, and haiti buss we arse, ah think that was either 76 or 77. back then i thought hatians were red spanishy looking ppl bc most of their team consisted of them kind of ppl.

back then laforest and carter was the best thing in tugs. in those day when you went to see ah game is crowd like you've never seen before. we always had good players, but never good coaching and team management.

as long as i could remember, i've seen our team lose to inferior talent. when we had shaka, yorke, latas, nakid, marcelle, lewis, faustin and hutchinson we've been losing to teams that we should've been creeming royally! and i don't mean the grenadas and barbadoses, i'm talking bout mexico and company. yes, the guatemalas, the hondurases, the USA's the columbia's.

i remember when we bummed out in 94 and 98, i said to myself, why fackin bother wid these guys, and there i was blaming the players and not management, that's only bc i wasn't aware of the incompetence and lack of know how on the path of the administration.

touches, you think yuh know what let down iz? well let me tell you, i've been stoned with food and insulted by mexicans, guatemalans, and salvadorians in queens going to watch our boys play in these spanish bars. you have no idea what it's like to have them spanish laugh yuh tuh scorn bc they accustomed beating yuh!!

they knew me and meh breddren bingo by heart, we were the only trinis coming in their mids to watch the games, gold cup and other wise, bc our bars here in brooklyn never carried the games and there was no football on cable TV, no fox, no Gol, no telefetura, no galavision, and telemundo didn't always bring the games, so we had to satellite it all the way in queens.

we even had our own trinis tell us, "boy, allyuh does still follow that sh!t football?", it's only when we made it to the WC that these ppl knew we had ah team in contention. i remember going to nevada smith to watch the game against mexico, last game of the hex, and it probably had about 10 trinis in the mix, but i didn't care, i was there to see my team win!

bredder, ah guess what ah trying tuh tell yuh is this, don't be afraid of losing or competing badly, but be afraid of losing and competing badly when yuh don't have to.

fardder, we only had "ONE" fackin warm up game and against ah sh!t team with only local based players, the federation cancelled out ah game mare days before where the coach would've had an opportunity to see all the foreign based and locals in one frey, but instead they was talking bout "we eh have no money for travel and other expenses" just remember dat!

the team was inactive since november of 2010, our best players didn't play ah match together since paraguay in 2006, and we had 4 coaches in five yrs on ah stop and go basis with no continuum, they missed out on two gold cups bc of the penny pinching, the latapy experiment didn't do us no favors either, and to top it off, as if dragging their feet to hire a coach and have the team up and running ASAP wasn't enough, they waited until the eve of qualification to cry that they didn't have any money to kick start the campaign, so what the hell yuh expect woulda happen bro??

i knew this was a possibility, but i had meh eye on bermuda and not guyana tuh upset us. like ah man said earlier in another post, "the coach was given ah poisoned chalice," and the players also drank from it.

so if you had said this in august i probably woulda shake meh head and say, "boy this man on top of his sh!t and have real principle and discipline", but tuh break out in that song now?? nah, i cyar endorse that, especially bc allyuh fellas livin right there and could go and watch the team play live, ah privilege we the foreign based fans could only dream of.

in ah nut shell, yuh cyar start ah campaign weeks before yuh first qualifying game and expect the best results, that's so fackin unrealistic.

i could tell yuh one thing though, if i lived in T&T and was privey to all this info, i woulda do meh best to organize ah serious protest like what the PSA doing to the gov't, and i say it's time allyuh local based come together and make some fackin noise, especially when anil dem goin and announce they fackry failure plan.

it's high time fuh allyuh tuh show how much allyuh love T&T football and fed up with this BS federation.  rise up now and let your voices be heard!! it's time to occupy the TTFF!!!!!!!!     fack dat!!

PS: sorry for the essay bro, it's just that i have so much things to say right now, and very little opportunity to say it.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 09:55:16 AM by just cool »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2011, 10:29:24 AM »

Who are u to make statements like that??

When last u actually supported TnT football? 

I know SHOTTA and we supporting football long time now.........so what if the facking man hurt and dealt with the pain in his own way?

Some ah allyuh does only talk plenty shit because allyuh ass clog up!!

Sorry I appolgise! I shot :flamethrower: the wrong Shotta! Sincere apologies!!  :-[
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 10:55:27 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2011, 10:35:56 AM »
when a man post like that you could hear pain.
To be honest, I hurtin too, but in a way not too bad...Maybe its a combination of many previous heartbreaks from T&T football, or also knowing that deep down we genuinely not at the quality top make the WC, combined with the fact that off field wranglings just adding to our handicap.
I started following T&T football right after I got introduced to world football in the 86 world cup, so I have been let down in 89, in 92 when ja bump us out, in 98 when we get knock out the semifinal round after the costa ricans clinically hack latas in the first game to injury, to the feb 2001 game on ash wednesday in Kingston when we had imho the stroungest T&T team assembled and lost to a second string Ja team and derailed that campaign to the debacle of throwing away a 2 goal  lead vs El Salvador  in the last Hex first game that, just like 2001, derailed that campaign.
Hurt is nothing new for T&T supporters. But a new low is being beaten by this level of opposition.

What we need is a new philosophy for the national team, that must be agreed upon by whatever federation we have in place as they are the ones ultimately responsible in financing and implementing it. Imagine Anil Roberts saying as far as he concerned, no more expensive foreign coach, cause now we in developmental mode. LOL. That typifies it right there, imagine the short sightedness of a man who supposed to be passionate about sports in T&T. His plan of scouting the country for talent and development is good in principle, but you need more than that. Football is an investment. We need a leader, a technical director of football for all levels to get this consistency and philosophy going. Unless we have this, we have no plan. If you have no plan, you doomed to resorting to familiarity, ie vikie vie preparation like we have been doing for eons.

The few times I recall T&T team playing with an identity was in
1) 88-89 - strike squad and Gally era
2) in 1999-2000 when BSC had the team for an extended period and the culmination was almost winning the Gold Cup and topping a semi-final group WCQ group with Mexico, Panama and Canada (some might say Porterfield, but he was thrown in charge just before the qualifiers after BSC was fired by football guru Jack Warner and was lucky to inherit the team that BSC moulded)
3) 2005-2006 with Beenhakker, who had us for the first time playing as a compact, competitive unit.

I will go as far to say that we have very good coaches here at home, as Shabbaz says, excellent coaches who, if we get the right people and momentum going can take us back to dominating the Caribbean Cups once again and challenging at the Hex level, BUT, as I always believed and still do now, if we are to step out from caribbean elite to CONCACAF elite and world competitive level, we need an EXPERIENCED INTERNATIONAL coach/technical director. There are some things no matter how smart you are and talented as a local coach, having international experience will always win out.
This works in every single industry with employees. Experience is a helluva thing. We saw Beenhakker transform the T&T team into a combative unit at world levels - you think this is coincidence that it occurred under a coach who has seen more football than all our local coaches combine? And you still have some idiots still vex that Latapy didnt get more playing time at the world Cup. Imagine you start 38 year old Latas instead of a young and dynamic Densil Theobald, to partner a 33 year old Dwight Yorke in midfield, we would have lost all 3 WC games by half time.
Allyuh remember in all Beenhakker interviews, in addition to being arrogant and pissing off Flex (lol), the one peeve he always had was the mentality of the local based players? He said if allyuh want to stay at this level and play on the beach on sunday, go ahead, but that is not what he about. His greatest contribution was to instill a level of discipline and competitiveness that would enable us to compete with the best in the world. The other things like tactical structure, higher fitness levels, scouting opposition etc obviously helped.

Imagine poor shabbaz now going to come up against Costa Rica who yesterday almost beat Spain. I agree that Shabbaz is a talented coach, but at this level when top national teams are so sophisticated and tactically switching every 3 minutes, how you expect to get results?
Courses is one thing, do a million of them, but putting in the man-hours is something that only experience can bring.

The other thing is that everybody saying we must use this experience as a lesson to never let it happen again, what a load of crap. That's the one thing we have been consistently hearing over the decades. Having undergone so many failures, every single time it happen, you guaranteed of hearing the same thing. When we lost in 1989, I remember hearing our players were too inexperienced at this level, so it was a learning experience and will help us in the future. 22 years later we ballsing up in Guyana in crunch time and not up for the game??? These repetitive failures makes these supposed lessons look like lip-service, said at the time to lighten a disappointing moment. What is crystal clear is that this recent failure will not serve as any lesson for the future. Come next qualifiers, this experience will be barely remembered. Why didnt we learn from what happened in the WCQ game vs Bermuda in Macoya in 2007?

For us to move forward we need an experienced, world class TD in charge of our football program, plain and simple. And this aint gonna happen until the TTFF sort itself out and the Minister of Sport is changed.
Anything less will see us having to wait until we produce another golden generation of footballers we seem to produce every 4 qualifying campaigns, and other CONCACAF teams simultaneously going through a dip.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2011, 10:48:18 AM »

Just the fact that we talking about playing conservative against Guyana, under any circumstance, tells you all you need to know about where the national program is.

That might be part of the problem. The footballing world has progressed while we have remained stagnant, or quite possibly, taken a step back. We are no longer in a position to take any win for granted and that arrogance has not helped our cause.

We need to focus all our energies on the next Deigicel CUp. It is critical that we put in a good performance and hopefully make the final.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2011, 10:53:54 AM »
fardder, we only had "ONE" fackin warm up game and against ah sh!t team with only local based players, the federation cancelled out ah game mare days before where the coach would've had an opportunity to see all the foreign based and locals in one frey, but instead they was talking bout "we eh have no money for travel and other expenses" just remember dat!

I don't think its a coincidence that both T&T and Haiti did not play any decent warm-up games before the 2nd round of world cup qualification started (messed-up by T&T cancelling that crucial friendly against Haiti) and we both underperformed in the 2nd round as a result and failed to go on to the next round!

If I was a member of the Haitian Football Federation I would not have any kind words to say about the TTFF right now regards that major let down because it obviously affected my country’s preparations for the 2nd round and both Haiti and T&T football will now suffer for the next few years as a result of our senior teams not progressing!  :'(

http://www.concacaf.com/page/WCQ/Schedule/0,,12813,00.html

WC Qualifying Concacaf 2014 Brazil
2nd Round Standings  (* => previously ranked as favourite to win group)

Group B
# Team GP W D L F A D PTS Last 6 matches

1      Guyana 6   4   1   1   9   5   +4   13   LWDWWW
2      Trinidad & T*… 6   4   0   2   11   4   +7   12   WLWLWW
3      Bermuda 6   3   1   2   8   7   +1   10   WWDWLL
4      Barbados 6   0   0   6   2   14   -12   0   LLLLLL

Group F
# Team GP W D L F A D PTS Last 6 matches

1      Antigua & Ba… 6   5   0   1   26   5   +21   15   LWWWWW
2      Haiti* 6   4   1   1   21   6   +15   13   WLDWWW
3      Curaçao 6   2   1   3   15   13   +2   7   WWDLLL
4      US Virgin Islands 6   0   0   6   2   40   -38   0   LLLLLL

As we can see both T&T and Haiti were seriously affected by cancellation of that friendly between our countries and thus lack of proper preparation for the 2nd round!
We were both favourites to win our group but ended up in 2nd position due to lack of decent friendlies in preparation for the 2nd round!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 11:07:38 AM by Socapro »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2011, 10:54:36 AM »
who cares about this win

::)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2011, 10:58:26 AM »
who cares about this win

::)
I do!! bc lets suppose that onf the teams in the group we were supposed to make were to pull out or banned by fifa, then the next team in line will assume the position. losing fuh losing sake is not an option in serious football pro.       btw, i eh hear yuh saying nothing bout yuh boy pfister. ;D

1]; } ?>