April 23, 2024, 12:43:54 AM

Author Topic: T&T ends W/Cup campaign with 2-0 win over Guyana.  (Read 8087 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: T&T ends W/Cup campaign with 2-0 win over Guyana.
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2011, 11:02:18 AM »
who cares about this win

::)
I do!! bc lets suppose that onf the teams in the group we were supposed to make were to pull out or banned by fifa, then the next team in line will assume the position. losing fuh losing sake is not an option in serious football pro.       btw, i eh hear yuh saying nothing bout yuh boy pfister. ;D

for what breds? ::)

after them men throw the last match and they come and win this meaningless fete match? now they can go back to their clubs and make their money

they don't have to study traveling and wasting their time on national football, they save themselves the headache

them men have no heart for the nation and fans, if i was running the ttff, half of them men would be nowhere near the national team and we would be through the next rounds already

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2011, 11:13:53 AM »
who cares about this win

::)
I do!! bc lets suppose that onf the teams in the group we were supposed to make were to pull out or banned by fifa, then the next team in line will assume the position. losing fuh losing sake is not an option in serious football pro.       btw, i eh hear yuh saying nothing bout yuh boy pfister. ;D

for what breds? ::)

after them men throw the last match and they come and win this meaningless fete match? now they can go back to their clubs and make their money

they don't have to study traveling and wasting their time on national football, they save themselves the headache

them men have no heart for the nation and fans, if i was running the ttff, half of them men would be nowhere near the national team and we would be through the next rounds already
If you're gonna blame the players then you're more clueless than i previously thought. if yuh want tuh blame anyone then blame the coach, and if you do so, then you would still be out for lunch, bc this coach got set tuh fack up real good!

you don't wait till last minute to hire a coach and jump start your campaign on the eve of qualifying, more than likely it will blowup in your face. so go blame the right ppl.

IMO, the boys had every thing to lose by missing out on this WCC, they don't get the exposure to be scouted by by better clubs agents, and the inactiveity will hurt their chances of gaining caps which will benefit them come time to obtain european work permits.

and i will say it again, yuh don't play to lose, so every win is good, bc it will only benefit the team, in their fifa rating (which is extremely important) and i will say it again, if a team pulls out or is banned by fifa from our group, be itmexico, costa rica, or guyana, then the next team in line will assume the responsibility of filling the void.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 12:57:04 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2011, 11:28:00 AM »
Pfister AND Jones have called for changes to the leadership and administration of the TTFF. According to the latter, we have had six coaches since 2006 but the men who running the association remain in office. Pfister says we need to bring in "young people". Any other issues aside - they are both correct. The problem is how do we achieve that.

Keith Look Loy said on I95FM today that pressure is being exerted from both "corporate boardroom and high political office" on the clubs that are fighting the Watson/Ferguson/Cunningham cabal to desert the struggle for a democratic process.  The TTFF inner clique understand better than anyone else how precarious their position is and they are desperate - and, therefore, capable of anything. I believe Roberts intends to prop them up using the "remains of the day" - the TTD that the Soca Warriors didn't qualify to use - in his new programme. Meantime, it appears the MOST talkative and critical people stand on the sidelines looking on - scared and still hoping for a "bligh"...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2011, 11:30:05 AM »

That might be part of the problem. The footballing world has progressed while we have remained stagnant, or quite possibly, taken a step back. We are no longer in a position to take any win for granted and that arrogance has not helped our cause.

We need to focus all our energies on the next Deigicel CUp. It is critical that we put in a good performance and hopefully make the final.

You probably haven't seen my other posts to understand, but that isn't "arrogance" speaking that is simple fact. On any given day anything can happen, but the simple truth is that we have individually talented players and more of them numerically. Add to the resource and administrative advantages at our disposal. We lost for entirely administrative and coaching reasons... Hence my comment about the "national program"

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2011, 11:33:37 AM »
maybe we dominated in the region @ one time bc these countries were not taking football seriously, together with their lack of infrastructure allowed us to dominate for so long

I dont think infrastructure really have anything to do with it mind you. For instance, what infrastructure does Grenada have? Guyana? Bermuda? Haiti even? Cuba? Antigua? Guadeloupe? These teams have been improving in recent years with little or noreal football insfrastructure in place (when compared to most teams in CONCACAF) also, back in the days when T&T dominated regional football, your infrastructure back then was no better than say a Jamaica or Cuba, correct me if I'm wrong here. Jamaica today only has 3 FIFA approved facilities capable of staging world cup qualifiers, but in my mind one is all that is needed. The real issue i think that is plaguing caribbean teams is the lack of real football culture, as this is the only thing that will sustain football at all levels, from federation level right down to the fans and the players in between.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 12:27:39 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2011, 11:47:48 AM »
maybe we dominated in the region @ one time bc these countries were not taking football seriously, together with their lack of infrastructure allowed us to dominate for so long

I dont think infrastructure really have anything to do with it mind you. For instance, what infrastructure does Grenada have? Guyana? Bermuda? Haiti even? Cuba? Antigua? Guadeloupe? These teams have been improving in recent years with next to reall football insfrastructure in place (when compared to most teams in CONCACAF) also, back in the days when T&T dominated regional football, your infrastructure back then was no better than say a Jamaica or Cuba, correct me if I'm wrong here.
Breds, in case yuh don't know, most of these regional teams all have players playing outside of their country in places with all the infrastructure they need to develop.  infrastructure doesn't really mean it has to be pretty and modern, it just mean that it's functional and useable. in these counties, these ppl barely had fields that was useable.

in T&T we had the king goerge the fifth park, queenspark oval, skinners park, mahicka oval, arima velodrome, PSA grounds, pointfortin civic center, police barracks, and tons of college grounds, all equipped with changing rooms, showers running water and stands, which none of the other smaller island had @ the time, all this my friend is considered infrastructure.

they had a lot on fields yes, but with cows and goats crazing on it, with no running water, stands and proper plumbing and changing facilities. that's not infrastructure.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 11:52:01 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2011, 12:13:36 PM »
 just cool i endorse that !!!! i feel the same pain and had to agonise last friday it still facking hurts meh bro is the same i have  endure going among them spanish and latinos here in montreal  to watch football especially when they bring all dem nice spanish women  ting , to watch de games is real pressure , don;t talk when their   team win and they  get a lil  tipsy :beermug:....... is somethin else altogether..... talk about pressure .... boss  what i keep asking myself  constantly  for all the years gone by. why we trinis at home  do not apply real pressure on the federation let them see they will not stand for incompetance at any level of administrating   that could be done by clearly  showing their open disapproval it can be done....let anil and all  others associated know they were  put there to listen not to dictate  !!! there will be a panel  discussion coming up soon thats the a perfect time to get in the discussion then let all voices be heard plz ,... wish i was at home to help in that regard hopefully not long from now..  again bro ah feel the same frustration ,.pain and agony ... is all kinds ah emotion ah feel now .  :frustrated:

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2011, 01:05:30 PM »
yuh joking right @controversial i do care bout the win ah supportin me national team all de way but not dem who running ttff , but i care about the win ... i go take the win..... ask dem latinos  dem go tell what support is all about dem spanish boys and gyal. even when things going bad  they doh make joke with dey support think about for a minute..... till ah dead ah supporting  the team fakk dat!!!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2011, 01:14:12 PM »
yuh joking right @controversial i do care bout the win ah supportin me national team all de way but not dem who running ttff , but i care about the win ... i go take the win..... ask dem latinos  dem go tell what support is all about dem spanish boys and gyal. even when things going bad  they doh make joke with dey support think about for a minute..... till ah dead ah supporting  the team fakk dat!!!

:beermug:

This is what our supporters need to learn!!
Yes we have a %^%^-up federation we need to learn to support the team thru thick and thin because the players need our support and they are not responsible for the incompetent ones who are running our federation, in fact they are victims who need our support!!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 01:36:16 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2011, 01:14:25 PM »
just cool i endorse that !!!! i feel the same pain and had to agonise last friday it still facking hurts meh bro is the same i have  endure going among them spanish and latinos here in montreal  to watch football especially when they bring all dem nice spanish women  ting , to watch de games is real pressure , don;t talk when their   team win and they  get a lil  tipsy :beermug:....... is somethin else altogether..... talk about pressure .... boss  what i keep asking myself  constantly  for all the years gone by. why we trinis at home  do not apply real pressure on the federation let them see they will not stand for incompetance at any level of administrating   that could be done by clearly  showing their open disapproval it can be done....let anil and all  others associated know they were  put there to listen not to dictate  !!! there will be a panel  discussion coming up soon thats the a perfect time to get in the discussion then let all voices be heard plz ,... wish i was at home to help in that regard hopefully not long from now..  again bro ah feel the same frustration ,.pain and agony ... is all kinds ah emotion ah feel now .  :frustrated:
Breds yuh won't believe me, but i glad we loss, although it hurts like hell. it's not the fuss time i'll feel this pain, and i doubt it will be the last, but lemme say this before i lose thought.

believe meh when i tell yuh, the things that really hurt me about this loss is that the football would not receive anymore funding, and the TTFF broke, so they can't afford to keep the coach, which means, no mo football until the degicel cup rolls around, when jokey arse anil decide tuh put money into senior football program again. but for now expect another long lay off for the men senior national team, when in reality they should be playing and training, bc we all know that we will be asked to play warm up matches against concacaf teams for up coming semifinal qualifications.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2011, 01:45:34 PM »
Breds yuh won't believe me, but i glad we loss, although it hurts like hell. it's not the fuss time i'll feel this pain, and i doubt it will be the last, but lemme say this before i lose thought.

believe meh when i tell yuh, the things that really hurt me about this loss is that the football would not receive anymore funding, and the TTFF broke, so they can't afford to keep the coach, which means, no mo football until the degicel cup rolls around, when jokey arse anil decide tuh put money into senior football program again. but for now expect another long lay off for the men senior national team, when in reality they should be playing and training, bc we all know that we will be asked to play warm up matches against concacaf teams for up coming semifinal qualifications.

You are right JC! Our senior team should be looking to play all of the teams who just made it into the 3rd round of CONCACAF WCQ in the upcoming months as they will all need preparation games but won’t necessarily want to play each other!!

In fact we should play as many of those teams as possible and take those games seriously with the aim of beating them for bragging rights to say that yes we messed up against Guyana and Bermuda in the 2nd round but would of stood an almost sure chance of making it into the Hex if we had qualified for the 3rd round!

It’s time for a overhaul of the TTFF and for us to get serious about continuous football development!
We need to learn from our mistakes and Anil should be the first to realise this as an ex-sportsman himself!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2011, 02:11:11 PM »
yuh right pardner , i hear you loud and clear boss...its just amazing  hearing the complaints flying left right and centre , !!!! right now i don;t know if i could really say i'm happy we loss or  not but being honest with you am not at all surprised by it that was coming a long time now who want to bury dey head in the  sand well dey better wake up and dust demselves  off ...clear their eyes and do somethin by actions at home.... all the talk ting done.  action is what should be . taken.... what happened to bellying  up and protesting  let anil  robert the sports minister and all  who is appointed and  given the due responsibilty to carry out the duties entrusted  them  to carry out... they forget i seems they are there by the people wishes and ought to listen i mean listen  , instead  of being arrogant .....  its a noble duty given them ...  its time to end all the b.s talk  as you say bro i hear yuh . boss ah was reading what phister was saying i really cannot espouse to saying whether or not he is the best for local football  but am pretty sure he can be of usefulness to assist  he's experienced....... the cards he was dealt was a recipe for failure  e.g short noticed appointment  to bandaid  our failing programme thats been going on for years   who we fooling the man just blunt and saying what he sees going on with local football who do like well boy ah doh know....something seriously wrong....... this is the perfect time to get all talented personnel the from government , football coaches, corporate trinidad , the public is not excluded bring back trini pride  ,,, phister saying what many fail to say  if he didn;t give a shit he coulda simply take he money and buss it . the man was expressing his frustration  with what he see as  a joke locally the man passionate about he football what de fack...  some  ppl  don;t like straight talk ....ah done oui .... imagine  yesterday's game a mere 600 if so much to watch a national team play thats facking madness and then we complaining about passion who we fooling dem players seeing all dat.... ah lie ?? tell me...we can't complain if we not willing to participate  somalians getting killed just to play football  or to go see ah game of football.. we have too nice . so its time we make the adjustments or is another 20 yrs down the road  for the big dance  hopefully not !!!!! bro i feel ur frustration ....... respect pardner

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2011, 02:45:24 PM »
I believe that this would have been the result even if the game was meaningful.

I wonder if it would have been wise to swallow our pride and employ a conservative strategy in Guyana - get guys behind the ball and walk away with a point....then bring it home in the Hasely. 

Just the fact that we talking about playing conservative against Guyana, under any circumstance, tells you all you need to know about where the national program is.

Yeah the sorry state of our program is well known - that's why I suggested we swallow our pride and play for the result.  Gone are the days where we could waltz in anywhere in the Caribbean and think we should be walking out with 3 points...

As Tallman say, there are questions over whether we could have even set up a squad with the discipline to play conservatively... but I wonder if it was even considered. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2011, 05:42:54 PM »
A win is a win. I say we start working on getting that seed from now. NO victory is pointless.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2011, 05:54:33 PM »
Highlights

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3WA2RHSHBUY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3WA2RHSHBUY</a>
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2011, 07:57:16 PM »
We good only fuh de added entertainment value in the stands, apparently...

http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/11/16/world-cup-qualifiers-spanning-the-globe/?ref=sports

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2011, 12:10:39 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kPsJ-7RpOFw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kPsJ-7RpOFw</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2011, 08:45:39 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kPsJ-7RpOFw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kPsJ-7RpOFw</a>
Poor pfister, these crazy ppl set him up good and proper.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2011, 04:24:21 AM »
How much ah allyuh really sat and listen to what otto had tuh say?? ah guess allyuh didn't get the desired result so allyuh could continue to boast about how good T&T is as opposed to the rest of countries in the region, so allyuh lock off and say fack he, but how many of you member really payed attention to what this man had to say??!!

IMO every thing the man said was right on point! but would these monkeys pay heed?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 04:26:11 AM by just cool »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2011, 11:49:46 AM »

The TTFF is mostly to blame for our failure but Mr Pfister must also share a small part of the blame for his own failure to get us to the next round!

He should not have sat there quietly after he was hired for over 4 months without a quality friendly from the TTFF and tolerated it!

When the Haiti friendly was cancelled he should have spoken out but I heard no complaints from Pfister then at that crucial time when we were running out of time to prepare properly for the 2nd round!!

I also feel sorry for Pfister but he simply became a victim of his own tolerance and silence about the incompetence of the TTFF when we still had a little time to address the lack of quality friendlies issue before it was too late!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 11:52:30 AM by Socapro »

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2011, 02:04:17 PM »

The TTFF is mostly to blame for our failure but Mr Pfister must also share a small part of the blame for his own failure to get us to the next round!

He should not have sat there quietly after he was hired for over 4 months without a quality friendly from the TTFF and tolerated it!

When the Haiti friendly was cancelled he should have spoken out but I heard no complaints from Pfister then at that crucial time when we were running out of time to prepare properly for the 2nd round!!

I also feel sorry for Pfister but he simply became a victim of his own tolerance and silence about the incompetence of the TTFF when we still had a little time to address the lack of quality friendlies issue before it was too late!
So you are saying that Pfister's first order of business was to bite the hand that just hired him?? Not to mention Jack Warner had not resigned yet so we don't know what role that had in Pfister's decision making. There is so much we don't know about the preparations/ lack thereof but we all have freedom of speech so we say the first thing we feel. And that is all fine except that just cause we feel it doesn't make it true.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2011, 06:31:36 PM »

So you are saying that Pfister's first order of business was to bite the hand that just hired him?? Not to mention Jack Warner had not resigned yet so we don't know what role that had in Pfister's decision making. There is so much we don't know about the preparations/ lack thereof but we all have freedom of speech so we say the first thing we feel. And that is all fine except that just cause we feel it doesn't make it true.

I am not just saying what I feel! I am actually restating the facts as they happened and pointing out that Pfister needs to shoulder a bit (not the majority though) of the blame for our team not moving on to the next round!!
If Pfister had done any research on the TTFF before he took the job as we all assumed he did then he would have been prepared for something like what happened at some stage and know that he would need to speak out on the issue before it was too late!! Instead Pfister stayed quiet until the 2nd round qualifiers started and waited till we lost away to Bermuda to speak out - too late!!

Pfister should have known the Devil he was dealing when he took the job! I did not believe that he could be that naive as to just sit there silently while watching the qualification campaign go down the drain for lack of quality friendlies and not say anything about it until it was too late!

So I say the TTFF shoulders most of the blame but Pfister was also negligent in not speaking out about no quality friendlies until it was way too late for us to remedy the situation.

One of the reasons I backed the hiring of a respected foreign coach was that I expected them not to put up with any rubbish from the TTFF! But to my disappointment Pfister did exactly as I would have expected from a local coach in this regard and was too scared to speak out until it was too late!
Not questioning Pfister's credentials as a coach but this is what I am most disappointed with him for!!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 11:17:30 PM by Socapro »

1]; } ?>