April 23, 2024, 06:34:03 PM

Author Topic: Open seminar on football’s future.  (Read 7639 times)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Open seminar on football’s future.
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2011, 06:40:29 PM »
Real BIG TALKERS on this thread boy! Yes we all know The MOS is literally buying time for the 'new' leadership. Yes nutten eh change. But as Fazeer wrote, now is the time to put up or shut up. Palos came up with a great suggestion but seems few are taking it seriously. 

Let me post it again!

Here's an opportunity to provide input.  Whether that input is taken seriously or even considered at all only time will tell.  It might well turn out to be a pappyshow. 

But.....what's the alternative?  Sit back, criticise, and do nothing?

Here's a suggestion.  Maybe we here on the forum could put forward our ideas in this thread and have one of the moderators (if they are willing and able) or someone they designate accumulate that information and make it into a presentable document.  Maybe someone(s) from the forum can actually attend the seminar and present this document on behalf of the soca warriors online community.

Just a thought.

So if you think this is a decent idea, no matter whether they will ignore it or not, why not just take a two seconds to throw out a suggestion so we could at least have the beginnings of a common agenda to reference if we so choose?
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2011, 08:41:36 PM »
My 2 cents

The Government of Trinidad & Tobago make sport, arts and culture a PRIORITY in national development.  Similar to our resources like petroleum, natural gas etc as well as our social services such as education and public health, these are important elements for the holistic development of Trinidad & Tobago

To keep a focus on the seminar, I will concentrate on SPORT and in particular, football.

To do this, the Government would appoint individuals whose prime responsibility would be to liaise directly with the TTFF, Pro League, SSFL, and sundy other leagues to determine how best to help these various entities to be self sufficent and maximise their potential.  This would include development programs, funding, talent identification and nurturing etc.

Incentify football at various levels by providing tax breaks or other incentives to corporations for investing in football.  At the same time, recipients of such funding will also be incentified in creative ways to be accountable for funds invested.  Establish heavy penalties for those who are not compliant with accountability.  Most of all, Government must set the example by themselves being accountable.

Allocate resources wherever possible to organize and implement regular local football tournaments/extravaganzas held throughout the country INCLUDING TOBAGO and non traditional footballing centres.   Bring football back to the people and make young people feel as if football is "the thing to do".

Assist with a reality television series called something along the lines of "Making the team" similar to various talent shows held in the past.  The idea is to get interactive with the citizenry to build a sense of excitement and anticipation about football.

Assist the TTFF as much as possible with getting coaches licensed and involved with young players in a structured and disciplined manner.

Perhaps offer incentives for those wanting to study to be a sports agent and establish standards to avoid the fraudsters and conmen masquerading as player agents.

I'll stop there.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2011, 09:05:25 PM »
These are good arguments Palos.

But who from de local posters attending ?
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2011, 09:35:24 PM »
Palos, just calling you on two items:

Incentify football at various levels by providing tax breaks or other incentives to corporations for investing in football. 

I believe business receive 150% tax relief on sport sponsorship, but I was told that because most businesses invest so little, the tax break isn't worth the effort. I kinda made the point that corporate T&T has its head up its ass if they can't work out that a $50,000 sponsorship of the ProLeague saves them $75,000 in tax and buys untold publicity and promotion opportunities!!

Assist with a reality television series called something along the lines of "Making the team" similar to various talent shows held in the past.  The idea is to get interactive with the citizenry to build a sense of excitement and anticipation about football.

I actually wrote an 10 episode series based on the Pop Idol format with a guy from the BBC, but no T&T tv station wanted it. They do not make their own programmes. You have to buy the air time and sell advertising to pay for the show. Unfortunately, this means that the amount you can raise is not enough to make a quality programme, which is why local tv is so poor. Unless you can convince one sponsor, like with Digicel Rising Stars, you can't make a show. My show had the backing of Tottenham Hotspur and the winner would join their academy. The two finalists would spend a week at the Spurs academy with Harry Rednapp choosing the winner to spend a year with them.

If any of you have seen the Rastamouse animation series that BBC paid £35,000 per episode for, I obtained the rights to air the show virtually free of charge on Trini tv (the creator is a Trini who moved to London as a child). No one wants it, but they'll sell me the airtime to broadcast it! Check that...its the hottest childrens programme in the world!! If you haven't seen it, check it out..its wicked!

http://yush.com/rastamouse-episode-2.htm

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 09:50:11 PM by Football supporter »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2011, 10:53:47 PM »
Open seminar on football’s future.
By Jonathan Ramnanansingh (Newsday).

The former swim coach made it clear that the Ministry would have no part to play with the administrative processes of the programme.

“The MSYA cannot dictate to the TTFF (Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation) who should remain as administrators "and how they should administer their football".

.We are facilitators, so we have made the decision about what we have control over, which is providing through the national sport policy, total participation in football And that’s where we are going to go, to the young ones. We have to start to prepare the table for 2018, 2022, 2026 and onwards,” continued Roberts.

This is one of a few projects the Ministry of Sport will be undertaking to further the develop of local football on a wider scale. At the meeting, Roberts also revealed plans to rebuild TT football from the ground up, focussing on identifying talent among youth (Under-15) in communities and schools.

He also intends to nurture coaches at this level in order to increase the country’s chances of competing successfully in elite competition.
I'm pretty sure i don't have ah cataract, so here i bolded what i thought he meant, and that is, they can't tell the TTFF to change their policy and constitution.

what ah do know is that we could demand that they still fund senior team football, and they could probably help the pro league to raise the bar and help them with facilities and play grounds to bring football back to the communities, and instead of the madman plan tuh hire coach to train little children, he should be thinking bout the implementation of football academies in every zone.

We honed in on different aspects of the article. Yuh could even say one of us took the optimistic view, and the other a cynical or pessimistic view. However, at the end of the day, iz one love for a consumer-friendly outcome. Guidance.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2011, 11:56:02 PM »
Palos, just calling you on two items:

Incentify football at various levels by providing tax breaks or other incentives to corporations for investing in football. 

I believe business receive 150% tax relief on sport sponsorship, but I was told that because most businesses invest so little, the tax break isn't worth the effort. I kinda made the point that corporate T&T has its head up its ass if they can't work out that a $50,000 sponsorship of the ProLeague saves them $75,000 in tax and buys untold publicity and promotion opportunities!!

I actually wrote an 10 episode series based on the Pop Idol format with a guy from the BBC, but no T&T tv station wanted it. They do not make their own programmes. You have to buy the air time and sell advertising to pay for the show. Unfortunately, this means that the amount you can raise is not enough to make a quality programme, which is why local tv is so poor. Unless you can convince one sponsor, like with Digicel Rising Stars, you can't make a show. My show had the backing of Tottenham Hotspur and the winner would join their academy. The two finalists would spend a week at the Spurs academy with Harry Rednapp choosing the winner to spend a year with them.

If any of you have seen the Rastamouse animation series that BBC paid £35,000 per episode for, I obtained the rights to air the show virtually free of charge on Trini tv (the creator is a Trini who moved to London as a child). No one wants it, but they'll sell me the airtime to broadcast it! Check that...its the hottest childrens programme in the world!! If you haven't seen it, check it out..its wicked!

http://yush.com/rastamouse-episode-2.htm

Respeck supporter!  I didn't know about that tax break for corporations so it's really surprising that T&T corporations not taking advantage of that.

As for Rastamouse.....dat SICK sah!  A bess children's show.  And nobody in T&T want it eh?  But dey would run down Dora though.  Oh well.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2011, 05:31:52 AM »
Palos concerning the Reality show, right now a family friend is in one back home Ricardo Patty, in Now or Never. Patty was a cricket player with potential and through injuries and slackness had dropped off. They gave him the opportunity to be trained mentally and physically over two seasons to see how he can improve and where he can go with the cricket. This involved cutting down on his limng and partying etc, which kinda hard since he part owner of Frankies on Arapita
But I don't see why they can't do something similar with football. That way the public can follow the footballer's progress.

As for other suggestions, the main thing for me is open fair elections. We are a small nation and the back biting and bitterness has to end. Just because someone has a different opinion on how things should be done doesn't mean they should be shunned. If person A runs against person B and A wins, there is no need to leave B out in the cold. Listen to B's ideas and don't be so damn proud that you can't take ideas from others
Back in Trini...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2011, 12:27:57 PM »
Palos concerning the Reality show, right now a family friend is in one back home Ricardo Patty, in Now or Never. Patty was a cricket player with potential and through injuries and slackness had dropped off. They gave him the opportunity to be trained mentally and physically over two seasons to see how he can improve and where he can go with the cricket. This involved cutting down on his limng and partying etc, which kinda hard since he part owner of Frankies on Arapita
But I don't see why they can't do something similar with football. That way the public can follow the footballer's progress.

As for other suggestions, the main thing for me is open fair elections. We are a small nation and the back biting and bitterness has to end. Just because someone has a different opinion on how things should be done doesn't mean they should be shunned. If person A runs against person B and A wins, there is no need to leave B out in the cold. Listen to B's ideas and don't be so damn proud that you can't take ideas from others

Ah know Ricardo man.  Didn't know he was involved in a reality series.  Nice.

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2011, 01:51:13 PM »
My 2 cents

The Government of Trinidad & Tobago make sport, arts and culture a PRIORITY in national development.  Similar to our resources like petroleum, natural gas etc as well as our social services such as education and public health, these are important elements for the holistic development of Trinidad & Tobago

To keep a focus on the seminar, I will concentrate on SPORT and in particular, football.

To do this, the Government would appoint individuals whose prime responsibility would be to liaise directly with the TTFF, Pro League, SSFL, and sundy other leagues to determine how best to help these various entities to be self sufficent and maximise their potential.  This would include development programs, funding, talent identification and nurturing etc.

Incentify football at various levels by providing tax breaks or other incentives to corporations for investing in football.  At the same time, recipients of such funding will also be incentified in creative ways to be accountable for funds invested.  Establish heavy penalties for those who are not compliant with accountability.  Most of all, Government must set the example by themselves being accountable.

Allocate resources wherever possible to organize and implement regular local football tournaments/extravaganzas held throughout the country INCLUDING TOBAGO and non traditional footballing centres.   Bring football back to the people and make young people feel as if football is "the thing to do".

Assist the TTFF as much as possible with getting coaches licensed and involved with young players in a structured and disciplined manner.

Perhaps offer incentives for those wanting to study to be a sports agent and establish standards to avoid the fraudsters and conmen masquerading as player agents.

I'll stop there.

Man on point with these comments.............I have some as well, but the truth is only old talk playing off here. After all these years, you would think that this symposium that they having would be attended by plenty men on this site. But a new thing coming this year that will change the desire for players to be "better" - that at the end of the day, is what this thing boils down to...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2011, 11:35:22 AM »
Not sure if this information is anywhere else in this thread or on the forum but just in case.  I saw this in hard copy version of The Express today.  A small colour ad on page 16....

The Ministry of Sport
TAKING THE LEAD IN FOOTBALL DEVELOPMENT

The time for rebuilding is now
National Consultation on Football
Monday 28th November 2011  9 am - 3 pm

Movie Towne Banquet & Conference Centre, Port of Spain

CALL FOR RECOMMENDATIONS

The Ministry calls on individuals and organisations that have an interest in or concern about how football is structured, under what philosophy it functions, and how it contributes to the the development of youth, women and girls and the country as a whole, to submit your ideas in writing (maximum 2 typed pages).  Submit your recommendations in hard copy by 23rd November 2011 to The Permanent Secretary, 12 Abercromby Street, Port of Spain or via email to nnunez@msya.gov.tt

Your submissions will be noted, compiled and presented during a National Consultation on Football to he held on Monday 28th November 2011 from 9:00am - 3:00pm at Movietowne Banquet & Conference Centre, Port of Spain.  Persons interested in attending the consultation are also asked to register by 23 November 2011 via email to nnunez@msya.gov.tt

« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 11:41:57 AM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2011, 02:55:27 PM »
palos check de first episode here
Back in Trini...

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2011, 08:50:59 PM »
It is a good idea to have the Consultation but we have a history in this country that even in the face of the public outcry for action on any matter , their views are ignored by those in authority who have their own agenda . We cannot go lower than where we are . Let us hope that some of the recommendations are heeded!

Boss you sure about that ? it have countries who can't even qualify for the Digicel caribbean cup

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2011, 09:38:03 PM »
It is a good idea to have the Consultation but we have a history in this country that even in the face of the public outcry for action on any matter , their views are ignored by those in authority who have their own agenda . We cannot go lower than where we are . Let us hope that some of the recommendations are heeded!

Boss you sure about that ? it have countries who can't even qualify for the Digicel caribbean cup

Dat is we next Milestone
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2011, 03:51:04 PM »
palos check de first episode here

It looking real decent, and looks like a good idea for Hardest lol....j/k. But seriously it could be a good idea for a football player or team

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2011, 08:01:26 PM »
Folks I would ONLY be able to attend the morning session of this, as I have work commitments after-lunch, but I will certainly register and once allowed to present in the morning session I'd be happy to present the forum's views.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2011, 08:55:43 PM »
Folks I would ONLY be able to attend the morning session of this, as I have work commitments after lunch, but I will certainly register and once allowed to present in the morning session I'd be happy to present the forum's views.

I good wit dat. Tman after d EPIC FAIL 4 SA we had compile list I am sure it still relevant. We read from it when we went on ISAAC
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2011, 10:38:21 PM »
weary check yuh PM

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2011, 08:11:49 AM »
Flex has given me the go-ahead to compile submissions from the forum into a document to submit to the Minsitry of Sport for their upcomong symposium. Patriot has agreed to present this document at the symposium.

So again please give your opinions on the ways to move football forward on any front including management, accountability, coaching, training, conditions for Ministry funding of the TTFF etc... Please keep in mind that its the MoS you will be addressing comments to, and not the Pro-League or TTFF.

According to weary1969 there is another similar document from 2010. However some things have obviously changed since that time so maybe we can draft the new comments onto the old document if it is still exists. I am more than willing to do any and all editing work as needed. Try and get your comments in before midnight of Tuesday 22 to give me some time to make a decent representation for the forum.

P.S. Please don't bother up my head with no "Oh gawd Zando, the MoS eh go take we on". Dogshow or not, this is a an opportunity to send a message to the MoS and the TTFF that football lovers do not want this game to be continue on its current path, or want to let another destructive dictatorship rise unchallenged

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 08:15:09 AM by ZANDOLIE »

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2011, 10:08:40 AM »
The first them them ppl have to do is get a plan.
We hadda decide once and for all what is our aspirations moving forward.
Are we ok with being one of the top teams in the Caribbean? Top Caribbean team who tentatively challenging for a WC spot every four years? Or do we want to seriously challenge for Gold Cup semi final rounds and 2-4th in the Hex on a consistent basis?
Do we want to be challenging at all levels consistently for a WC spot or hope every now and then for a special group?
Do we want a football philosophy on how we should play the game ? Do we want to know that when opponents pencil in T&T, they could expect a team that plays a certain way that is very effective?
Unless they set that plan and promise to stick to it, nothing will change.
Of course, money will dictate this to an extent, but still, no plan = nothing sustainable.

So the plan should be to
1)get a plan
2) get the correct TD to suit the plan. Alvin Corneal can do the job depending on the plan.
3) Between the TD and consultants, devise a programme that leads to execution of the plan.
4) FLIKKING STICK TO THE PLAN
5) Devise adequate measurables to guage the plan, To be honest, for the next few years, it should not be how we do in the Gold Cup, or even the Caribbean cup, it should be based mainly on our progression in the FIFA rankings

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2011, 10:26:37 AM »
The first them them ppl have to do is get a plan.
We hadda decide once and for all what is our aspirations moving forward.
Are we ok with being one of the top teams in the Caribbean? Top Caribbean team who tentatively challenging for a WC spot every four years? Or do we want to seriously challenge for Gold Cup semi final rounds and 2-4th in the Hex on a consistent basis?
Do we want to be challenging at all levels consistently for a WC spot or hope every now and then for a special group?
Do we want a football philosophy on how we should play the game ? Do we want to know that when opponents pencil in T&T, they could expect a team that plays a certain way that is very effective?
Unless they set that plan and promise to stick to it, nothing will change.
Of course, money will dictate this to an extent, but still, no plan = nothing sustainable.

So the plan should be to
1)get a plan
2) get the correct TD to suit the plan. Alvin Corneal can do the job depending on the plan.
3) Between the TD and consultants, devise a programme that leads to execution of the plan.
4) FLIKKING STICK TO THE PLAN
5) Devise adequate measurables to guage the plan, To be honest, for the next few years, it should not be how we do in the Gold Cup, or even the Caribbean cup, it should be based mainly on our progression in the FIFA rankings

Ah stop read when yuh say Alvin Corneal name because b4 dat d sentence had d word plan.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2011, 08:53:30 PM »
Only just seeing this. Too bad, the deadline is past, but I plan to attend. I should be available and it's not too far away.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>