March 28, 2024, 11:25:00 AM

Author Topic: Home-based seniors test Olympic team on Friday.  (Read 3908 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Home-based seniors test Olympic team on Friday.
« on: November 16, 2011, 08:32:14 PM »
Home-based seniors test Olympic team on Friday.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

A Trinidad and Tobago home-based senior squad will travel to Tobago on Friday to take on the National Olympic Team in a training fixture at the Dwight Yorke Stadium from 5pm.

The team will include the majority of the players from the recent squad that participated in the 2014 World Cup qualifying campaign which ended with a 2-0 victory over Guyana on Tuesday. Former Defence Force striker Devorn Jorsling and Caledonia AIA's Akeem Armstrong has been added to the roster.

The Angus Eve-coached Under 23 team will face Cuba on November 24, hosts St Kitts/Nevis on Nov.26 and Suriname two days later for the right to go on to the CONCACAF Final qualifying round in the United States in March.

Eve will name his final squad for the tournament on Saturday. His current training squad includes Joevin Jones, Mekeil Williams, Shahdon Winchester, Andre Marchan, Jomal Williams, Jerrol Britto and Jayson Joseph (W Connection), Caledonia AIA's Jamal Gay, Trevin Caesar, Aquil Selby, Micah Lewis, Nuru Abdalluh Muhammad and Zane Coker. Seldon Bateau and Leslie Joel Russell of San Juan Jabloteh, St. Ann’s Rangers’ Kareem Moses and Akil Clarke, T&TEC's Marcus Joseph and Aubrey David as well as  DirecTV North East Stars’ Jeromie Williams and Kaydion Gabriel, Marcus Chandoor of WASA FC, Santa Rosa FC's Jean-Luc Rochford and US-based striker Cameron Roget.

T&T assistant coach Anton Corneal explained: "The decision was made to give the Under 23s a warm up against the senior team even before these matches against Guyana and while there is the opportunity to involve some younger faces into our senior team set up, we thought it would be the right thing to also gave the Under 23s a game against the current players who have been in training as a team for the qualification. This means also that they would get the best possible test from them before heading to St Kitts."

T&T Senior Team - Marvin Phillip, Jan Michael Williams, Seon Power, Carlyle Mitchell, Osei Telesford, Hayden Tinto, Akeem Adams, Kevin Molino, Stern John, Hughtun Hector, Keon Daniel, Kendall Jagdeosingh, Anthony Wolfe, Andrei Pacheco, Devorn Jorsling and Akeem Armstrong.

Meantime a CONCACAF Release has stated the following: "The 2012 Men's Olympic qualifying tournament will be held in three cities in the United States -- Carson, CA; Nashville, TN; and Kansas City, KS, from March 22 to April 2. The tournament will determine the confederation's two representatives at the 2012 Olympic Games.

The eight-nation tournament consists of two four-team groups with the top two finishers from each group advancing to the semifinals.The semifinal winners will advance to the tournament final and book their tickets to London.

One of the four-team groups will be contested at The Home Depot Center in Carson, while the other group will play in Nashville's LP Field, home to the Tennessee Titans of the National Football League.

The semifinals and final will be played in the Kansas City, Kansas' LIVESTRONG Sporting Park, which opened in June of this year and is home to Major League Soccer's Sporting Kansas City.

The tournament will kick off in Nashville on March 22, followed by two more match days on March 24 and 26.Carson will host matches on March 23, 25 and 27.The semifinals will be played in Kansas City on March 31 with the final taking place on April 2.

The Home Depot Center and LP Field were venues in the 2008's Olympic qualifying tournament.The Home Depot Center and LIVESTRONG Sporting Park were venues for this summer's CONCACAF Gold Cup.

Six teams have qualified for the competition thus far: automatic North American qualifiers the United States, Canada and Mexico; plus El Salvador, Honduras and Panama from Central America.

The final two qualifiers will be decided in the final round of Caribbean qualifying, featuring Trinidad & Tobago, Suriname, Cuba and host St. Kitts & Nevis, played November 24-28 in Basseterre."

The draw for the CONCACAF finals will take place after completion of Caribbean qualifying on a date to be determined.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 08:34:07 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Home-based seniors test Olympic team on Friday.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 10:13:09 PM »
Okay this is good news but who is going to be in charge of the senior team facing the U-23s in Tobago?

Please don't tell me its Anton Corneal.

Pfister is more than welcomed to stay on as head coach in my book but with a pay cut!! 
Is he willing renegotiate his contract?
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 10:45:08 PM »
De mere mention of Nashville mash up de vibes.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 11:03:31 PM »
Okay this is good news but who is going to be in charge of the senior team facing the U-23s in Tobago?

Pfister is more than welcomed to stay on as head coach in my book but with a pay cut!! 

Socapro, Paycut? I don't think he loves TT that bad. You think he is a charity worker?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 11:05:23 PM »

Socapro, Paycut? I don't think he loves TT that bad. You think he is a charity worker?

Anil said he is not going to pay that amount for a coach who is not World Cup bound!
Do you think the TTFF can handle his current salary without 100% help?
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 08:44:27 AM »
will these games next week be carried live in the internet somewhere?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 08:46:18 AM »
will these games next week be carried live in the internet somewhere?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 08:49:48 AM »
Is Anton trying to consolidate himself in the position? These people ent  playing they underhand!! No word from the executive yet and game arranged? What is this???

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 10:04:49 AM »
Under 23s will cut dey ass good an propper!!

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 11:32:41 AM »
I hear fellas was talking bout this under 23 team was too young to represent us in the world cup qualifiers .. allyuh realise that theese guys will be between the age of 23- 30 by the time 2018 come around right? Some of theese guys might not be even playing football...

war
Dem yutes will beat The seniors squad by at least 3 clear goals  .. trust me ..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 12:22:05 PM »
De mere mention of Nashville mash up de vibes.

Ent Asylum!?!?!!?

So wait nah dem fellahs only have to come 2nd and day still going thru???

Level football on TV if dey qualify, dey cyah tie me up to drive/fly to no Nashville or Carson to see no game!! Now Kansas City (which is much closer) is ah different story :)

Yuh see how dis football thing is ah rel jumbie thing, I done looking forward to buying new jersey (Puma/Kappa/Nike/Umbro??) and getting caught up de excitement again yes, sigh...
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 07:17:05 PM »
Ah wonder if Angus will consider any foreign based if they get pass this rounds ?

Daneil Cyrus should be ready soon.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 08:29:13 PM »
Ah wonder if Angus will consider any foreign based if they get pass this rounds ?

Daneil Cyrus should be ready soon.

he has one on the team already. Cameron Roget.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2011, 08:48:51 PM »
Who is the senior T&T team coach in charge for this game? And please don't tell me its Anton!!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2011, 03:21:10 AM »
Who is the senior T&T team coach in charge for this game? And please don't tell me its Anton!!

In the interim, Assistant coach, Anton Corneal will be in charge of the local squad.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2011, 10:42:49 AM »

In the interim, Assistant coach, Anton Corneal will be in charge of the local squad.
>:(

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2011, 10:51:07 AM »

:frustrated:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2011, 10:55:22 AM »

While most a we here not exactly happy to hear dis, logically AT THIS TIME....who else could it be?

It has to be Anton.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trinidad Sports Reality

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2011, 06:40:20 PM »
Game draw 0-0

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2011, 09:39:36 PM »
You can expect Angus Eve to be moaning in the press tomorrow. North East Stars refused to let Stern John, Seon Powers and Anton Wolfe play in the match. With a cup game on Tuesday, the coach only has a practice game on Saturday to see the squad together for the first time this month (even then he is without Williams & Gabriel).

As I heard it, there was no letter of request from TTFF. TTFF phoned the players direct and they called the club for confirmation.  TTFF only called Sancho after permission had been denied. I also understand that there was no official request in writing to release the U23 players to attend the camp in Tobago.

I know that North East are supporting Angus Eve in his preperation, but this was dealt with poorly. In fact, North East played the U23's only last week to help preperation. The coach survives on results and he has a right to protect the interests of himself and the club.

I hope Angus doesn't make an issue of this as he will fall flat. Until TTFF can organise themselves properly and behave professionally, this kind of confusion will continue to disrupt our national teams.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 09:41:10 PM by Football supporter »

Offline coachman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2011, 09:54:57 PM »
Was it a 11 v11 game?then the game stands, good result for the u23,bad for the senior team it matters NOT who was there or not.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2011, 02:59:20 PM »
I doh really think it mattered who played if the best result you could have come out with was 0-0

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2011, 09:50:30 PM »
So now we know who the TTFF development team is. So the TTFF development team that was once the TT mens national senior team that couldn't beat Guyana, couldn't beat a bunch of twenty year olds and the twenty year olds could not beat a development team that could not beat Guyana and led by the one and only Anton Cornmeal.
The last team Cornmeal coached got humiliated at the under 17s tournament just a couple years ago and as I remember he did not take the blame for under preparing that team but rather thought it was more appropriate to blame and lambast the team in front of their parents and the media for not performing up to snuff.

Angus Eve said after this 0 - 0 draw that his team played against QUALITY OPPOSITION. Angus, your team practiced against a TTFF development team of losers. How does that team equate to quality opposition?

The more things change the more they remain the same
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 10:23:21 PM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2011, 12:03:16 AM »
Hey folks!! I think there is too much moaning going on on this forum!!

Please let us all try to enjoy T&T football for what it is!!

And it is what it is because we like it so!!  :beermug:

Btw thank you to Jack & Oliver for your great legacy!! :applause:
I think these two men should be honoured by all T&T football fans who appreciate where they have managed to bring our football over the years!
We are so sad that they have both left T&T football for good but are happy to know that they have now left Watson a man who has been their understudy for many years and who is equally as capable as them!!
We are so elated to know that our football is now safely in similar hands!!
Let’s all celebrate and be of good cheer!  :party:
In fact I feel the festive spirit coming over me when I imagine that Watson could be there steering the T&T football ship for at least another 10 years if we are lucky enough to be blessed with his esteemed and competent leadership for that long!!
We are indeed blessed with great T&T football administrators!!
Power to the people, power to the people, we are rising!!!!

As the Mighty Shadow would say in his 1977 vengeance calypso "Jump Judges Jump" updated to include Jack & Camps:

Ah want to ketch Jack & Camps in hell
To have them jumping, just jumping, no stopping!
Ah want to wake them up with some blows
And have them jumping, just jumping, no fooling!
And when ah tell dem jump, they have to jump!
And when ah tell dem stop, keep jumping up!
And if ah ketch dem jumping slow, ah buss dey toe!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SPRDotMR1hY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SPRDotMR1hY</a>

PS: It's a jump & wave party afterall so everyone must jump even if the music is pure $hit with dotish repetitive lyrics!!!!  :beermug:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2011, 05:08:25 AM »
TT Invitational Under-23s draw 0-0.
T&T Newsday Reports.

Trinidad and Tobago Under-23 football team were held to a goalless draw by a TT Invitational team at the Dwight Yorke Stadium, Bacolet on Friday evening.

The TT Invitational team featured eight players from the “Soca Warriors” team which squared off against Guyana in a pair of 2014 FIFA World Cup CONCACAF Zone qualifiers last week.

However, due to a “breakdown in communication”, a number of local-based players were not released by their clubs (TTEC and North East Stars) for the “Warriors” team, hence ten players from the sister isle Tobago were drafted for the game.

According to a media release from the TT Football Federation, “the Pro League did cancel its weekend schedule in order to facilitate this game.

“The clubs though indicated that they would have preferred an official written invitation request from the national team for use of the players who were invited in order to give the Under 23s the best possible test on the evening.”

The Invitational team, under the coaching duo of Anton Corneal and Hutson Charles, featured national players Keon Daniel, Kendall Jagdeosingh, Hayden Tinto, Osei Telesford, Carlyle Mitchell, Marvin Phillip, Clyde Leon and Devorn Jorsling, as well as Caledonia AIA midfielder Akeem Armstrong and ex-TT defender, Makan Hislop (now with St Clair Coaching School).

Midfielders Hughtun Hector and Kevin Molino did not feature - Hector is reportedly due to leave for trials at an un-named club while Molino is expected to join the Under-23 team, under coach Angus Eve, for their Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Final Round Qualifiers in St Kitts/Nevis later this month.

“It was a fantastic work out for us,” said Eve. “The intensity was good and they introduced some local Tobago kids who, when they get an opportunity, they want to take it and so they were up for it.

Eve, the former TT midfielder and captain, continued, “the guys had to work hard. We started off very tentative in the first half probably giving a little too much respect to some of the ‘senior’ team guys.

“I thought though that we played to our tempo and our flow when we came back out of the dressing room. Overall it was an excellent work out for us,” he noted.

Regarding the team’s readiness for the CFU qualifiers, Eve stated, “I think we’re ready for it. The basis is playing very solidly defensively and we saw that in this match. We just have to take our chances better and if we can buff up in that area then we’ll be in good stead.”

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2011, 07:05:00 AM »
TT Invitational Under-23s draw 0-0.
T&T Newsday Reports.

“It was a fantastic work out for us,” said Eve. “The intensity was good and they introduced some local Tobago kids who, when they get an opportunity, they want to take it and so they were up for it.

Regarding the team’s readiness for the CFU qualifiers, Eve stated, “I think we’re ready for it. The basis is playing very solidly defensively and we saw that in this match. We just have to take our chances better and if we can buff up in that area then we’ll be in good stead.”
Intensity was low ... very low... almost pedestrian. They are practicing to park the bus.... and no other runner beside the striker ventured into the box. Ah wonder if Shawn filmed it? If I were him, I'll destroy that film....lol.
Live large and prosper!

1]; } ?>