April 23, 2024, 10:51:44 PM

Author Topic: Pfister knocks Pro League  (Read 3046 times)

Offline jason23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Pfister knocks Pro League
« on: November 16, 2011, 10:36:23 PM »
Pfister knocks Pro League.
T&T Express Reports.

Otto Pfister has made his feelings known about the standard of the Trinidad and Tobago Pro League.

"This Pro League is zero. It is zero," said the veteran German, who has coached in Ivory Coast, Senegal, Ghana Cameroon and Saudi Arabia among other countries.

Speaking following his side's final match in CONCACAF 2014 World Cup qualifying at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Tuesday, Pfister said that although Trinidad and Tobago were eliminated from the World Cup, the 600 of so folk that turned up were far greater than most Pro League matches.

He said that in places like Bermuda and Guyana, more people probably also watch football than in the local Pro League. Pfister, who has been a regular at local professional league matches, suggested that excitement was missing from the Pro League.

"The spectator, he leaves from his home and tells his wife I go to a football game. He likes a spectacle, but when he comes to the stadium he sees nothing."

Pfister further said that organisation was also a problem with the Pro League and said some matches sometimes have no ball boys; sometimes did not begin on time and there was also a problem with referee quality.

"How come all referees strike, and we take second-hand referees. Some referee even don't known the rules," Pfister suggested. "Improve your local football and have a chance at international football."
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 06:20:27 AM by Flex »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Pfister knocks Pro League
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 10:39:36 PM »
The words of a man clearly not consumed by job security. ;)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 10:49:02 PM »
More so the words of a f**king genius we all know the pro league is a joke abysmal at best yet we continue with this foolish paradise.....just wait in a few years it'll be cricket,rugby,basketball,tennis,swimming,golf,volleyball,and football will be replaced by curling.... 

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 10:57:52 PM »
If only he put all that talking effort into actually coaching the team.  ::)
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Pfister not worried about future
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 11:15:26 PM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Pfister_not_worried_about_future-134011778.html

Pfister not worried about future
Story Created: Nov 16, 2011 at 11:58 PM ECT

German Otto Pfister is not dismayed by a recent announcement by Sport Minister Anil Robert that his Ministry will no longer pay his US$50,000 a month salary now that Trinidad and Tobago have been booted out of qualification for the Brazil 2014 World Cup.

Speaking after T&T ended the campaign with a 2-0 win over Guyana at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Tuesday night, Pfister indicated that he is prepared to face whatever the future presents.

"I don't know what I do tomorrow, but in the whole world everybody plays football. For me it is not a problem," Pfister said. "It is not hard for me. It is hard for this staff that worked very hard, and for the local boys who are not in a very good situation. This is my problem. Myself, I don't have a problem, my future will always go on."

Rumours are that Pfister will be relieved of his job as T&T head coach after losing out on qualification to the next round of CONCACAF qualifying to Guyana, who topped Group B on 13 points, one more than the Soca Warriors (12 points). Guyana edged T&T 2-1 in Providence, Guyana in the first-leg of their qualifying series on Friday night. And the German seemed to be endorsing one of his assistants, Anton Corneal as a possible successor.

"Look at Anton (Corneal), he is a FIFA instructor just like me. You have to give him power....you have to listen to him. It is not enough to give him a position," Pfister said.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Online Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 11:28:02 PM »
Plz go Otto.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 11:29:55 PM »
And the German seemed to be endorsing one of his assistants, Anton Corneal as a possible successor.

"Look at Anton (Corneal), he is a FIFA instructor just like me. You have to give him power....you have to listen to him. It is not enough to give him a position," Pfister said.
:o
Now this is where I can start losing respect for Pfister!!  Is Pfister aware of Anton's history with T&T teams?!

This situation with Anton sort of reminds me of this song by Michael:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-owpIWQMd80&amp;ob/av2e" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-owpIWQMd80&amp;ob/av2e</a>
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 11:33:09 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 03:07:22 AM »
lol, otto knows anton ability but lack leadership qualities.

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 04:00:33 AM »
 I would have a hard time taking Anton seriosuly. I don't see how a bunch of hard back guys would give him the same level of respect.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 04:02:28 AM »
Loud fackin stttuueeepppssss!!!!!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 06:49:25 AM »
Pfister calls on T&T to work more together.
By Shaun Fuentes.

German-born football coach Otto Pfister has made a call for all stakeholders and officials in local football to stop fighting among themselves and instead start working more collectively.

This he says will be a key ingredient for the country to succeed in its quest to return to some form of prominence in the game. “Football in the entire country has to change. I never bad talk my Federation or Association.

Right now we don’t have a president and my boss is Richard (Groden) and I never bad talk these people in such position because I think we have to work together always.

“Nobody wants to lose but the Professional League in this country has to improve. Right now it is zero and many other things in your football have to improve. What happens here happens nowhere else where football is serious my friends,” the German-born added.

“But I think that with proper planning and preparation we have a very good chance to qualify for the next Gold Cup and then 2018. You have to work more and more together. In every big football country, the people work together to achieve one goal.

“You have to make the investment and plan and prepare from very early. You cannot wait until 2016. And you must have the best in everything from early for your preparation. Do not take things lightly and say okay maybe we can manage it this way.

“As for me, I don’t know my future but football is played all over the world and I have been through it all. I can get a job easily tomorrow. It’s my decision to take it if I want.

I chose to come to Trinidad because I saw an opportunity to help a country like yours. The money is no problem for me. I can get more money in other bigger countries but this is not the point I am making here. I want to see the football improve,” said Pfister, who turns 74 on November 24.

He commended the staff that worked with him on the national team. “My only worry is my staff here. These men worked very hard and give a lot of effort. You do not get this everyday in a lot of other countries and I can tell you this from experience.

So what happens to them now? Will they get the chance to improve and to serve? Or will they be put away. I think you must keep these people and allow them to build on this and use their experience for the benefit of your football. “There must be something where your football continues and then you can prepare to take on the bigger countries and achieve success,” Pfister concluded.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 06:56:46 AM »
I feel some of us on here miss the forest for the trees. Just because he wasn't successful in qualifying us doesn't mean his comments on the Pro League are invalid. If anything, the state of the Pro League is to blame in part for our departure i think. Football from top to bottom, school league to Pro League needs proper evaluation and in my opinion they should scrap the Pro League for at least a year in which time they develop a proper business and marketing model for a proper, functioning pro league that isn't dependent on hand outs for its promotion and survival. I keep hearing the older folks say that club football was once a big deal in T&T...we need to really sit and think about ways to bring that back.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 07:12:22 AM »
pro leauge is a joke, we all know this.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2011, 07:24:04 AM »
Loud fackin stttuueeepppssss!!!!!!

Why the f@#k you doh address the :bs: Pfister talking about giving Tanner more power with the National Programs? But yuh quick tuh skin yuh arse with what I type.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2011, 07:26:25 AM »
I feel some of us on here miss the forest for the trees. Just because he wasn't successful in qualifying us doesn't mean his comments on the Pro League are invalid. If anything, the state of the Pro League is to blame in part for our departure i think. Football from top to bottom, school league to Pro League needs proper evaluation and in my opinion they should scrap the Pro League for at least a year in which time they develop a proper business and marketing model for a proper, functioning pro league that isn't dependent on hand outs for its promotion and survival. I keep hearing the older folks say that club football was once a big deal in T&T...we need to really sit and think about ways to bring that back.

What the man "reveal" is like saying the sky is blue, a football is round, water is wet, the sun is hot, Jack Warner does tief money.

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2011, 08:29:19 AM »
What he say about the pro league is true but Anton? Does he know how he is being propped up A  la he fadder??

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2011, 08:44:16 AM »
Elan why yuh grumpy so?

Is everybody gettin' loud up lol...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 07:13:29 PM »
It may not make sense keeping Pfister at this time because we always broke, but he dam well RIGHT !!!!!!
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2011, 07:51:28 PM »
It may not make sense keeping Pfister at this time because we always broke, but he dam well RIGHT !!!!!!
Sam this is what does get me rosey red wid fackin anger! :pissedoff: this kind of backward thinking is what's responsible for the state of our football today, broke meh mdcnt!!!

just de odder day dey had 30 million USD, and dey never spend ah forkin cent bc the govt was subsidizing the program. they need tuh get sponsors on board and stop wid all this broke talk! trinidad have industries up the yingyang and these ppl crying for money?

imagine USA and mexico have coaches that cost way more money than otto, but these mdcnts bawlin bout they can't afford 50,00 measly dollars ah month for ah solid coach! i dun know what de fack goin and happen, ah local cheap coach in we cunny, coach number 7 in five shameful yrs!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2011, 07:52:42 PM »
You know, when I listen to some who say 'Fire Pfister!', its no surprise why our football is in such a mess. Here is a man with incredible experience in the world of football, in opinion more than any coach, administrator or football fan in this country. He speaks plain and tells it exactly how it is. But instead of being slow to speak and quick to listen closely to his honest assessment of our dire situation, we quick to go on the defensive. The pro league is crap! Full stop! Anyone who believes otherwise is a delusional fool. We need to take a serious lesson from the Americans who (and may I remind you this is a country that don't even like football that much) have built a respectable professional football league from scratch, that gets better ever year. MLS teams are now being invited to pre season tournaments in Europe. But of course this is only a small part of our problem. We better pray, that good bloody sense prevail and they decide to keep Pfister and he decide to stay so he can train not only the young players, but the young coaches as well. What are we going to do? Get another foreign coach with his experience? Hard to come by! Hire another local coach? Not good enough! Let no experience, no qualifications, never win nothing with nobody, only have that job because of his father Anton Corneal run the team? God help us all :frustrated:. Milky was here.
Only the humble can be truly great!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2011, 08:04:36 PM »
You know, when I listen to some who say 'Fire Pfister!', its no surprise why our football is in such a mess. Here is a man with incredible experience in the world of football, in opinion more than any coach, administrator or football fan in this country. He speaks plain and tells it exactly how it is. But instead of being slow to speak and quick to listen closely to his honest assessment of our dire situation, we quick to go on the defensive. The pro league is crap! Full stop! Anyone who believes otherwise is a delusional fool. We need to take a serious lesson from the Americans who (and may I remind you this is a country that don't even like football that much) have built a respectable professional football league from scratch, that gets better ever year. MLS teams are now being invited to pre season tournaments in Europe. But of course this is only a small part of our problem. We better pray, that good bloody sense prevail and they decide to keep Pfister and he decide to stay so he can train not only the young players, but the young coaches as well. What are we going to do? Get another foreign coach with his experience? Hard to come by! Hire another local coach? Not good enough! Let no experience, no qualifications, never win nothing with nobody, only have that job because of his father Anton Corneal run the team? God help us all :frustrated:. Milky was here.
Breds, yuh assessment is what i've been saying all along, but the problem is, a lot of local based ppl and ah few foreign based does get their feelings hurt too easy, and they don't understand the concept of constructive criticism.

if this man is fired, and ah new coach comes in, it's means that players wiil possibly be reshuffled, and who knows, we might see ah whole new team, with very little talent. well doh pray for ah local coach, bc we might see spann and chubby andrews featuring on ah regular basis and fellas like hyland and peltir getting left out.

i say by the MO of these ppl in charge, brace for coach # 7, and i'm pretty sure he would be a affordable coach/ 10 cents coach, ah local recycle or ah south american reject.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2011, 08:11:40 PM »

What the man "reveal" is like saying the sky is blue, a football is round, water is wet, the sun is hot, Jack Warner does tief money.
You so fackin dunce it's painful! if i was tuh stay here and imagine who you are i would probably say one of these late middle age tuh old age fellas who just love tuh talk fuh no reason, just runnin yuh trap bc God give yuh one.

you too disruptive tuh be ah young fella, and if i was tuh guess i would say yuh in your late fifties early sixties, bc yuh sound like one ah dem old clueless fackers who running........ or should i say ruining football in T&T. :yellowcard:

no fackin ideas and void of vision.   :loser:

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2011, 08:26:14 PM »
And the German seemed to be endorsing one of his assistants, Anton Corneal as a possible successor.

Now this is where I can start losing respect for Pfister!!  Is Pfister aware of Anton's history with T&T teams?!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-owpIWQMd80&amp;ob/av2e" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-owpIWQMd80&amp;ob/av2e</a>

Since you in the wilderness changing yuh name to R&Bpoprocksocapro
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2011, 08:46:10 PM »

Since you in the wilderness changing yuh name to R&Bpoprocksocapro

I'll tell you this, folks in my circles appreciate soca music all year round unlike most folks I know back in T&T! So what if I appreciate good R&B as well?! Good music is good music!! :beermug:

1]; } ?>