April 16, 2024, 12:03:34 AM

Author Topic: Pfister to know fate today  (Read 6115 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Pfister to know fate today
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2011, 12:11:55 PM »
A lot of talk about Pfister's salary. Can anyone say what is the going rate for an international calibre national team coach?
I find allyuh should answer mose question, the man ask ah valid question and ppl only jumpin over it like ah mapappee in the middle of the pavement.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2011, 12:51:14 PM »
A lot of talk about Pfister's salary. Can anyone say what is the going rate for an international calibre national team coach?
I find allyuh should answer mose question, the man ask ah valid question and ppl only jumpin over it like ah mapappee in the middle of the pavement.

can you justify the title " international calibre national team coach " ? I am a little lost here ....

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2011, 12:59:38 PM »
ttff and its failings...How much more !! am so flicking annoyed , frustrated , and down right disgusted by the officials at ttff and their lack of wisdom and foresight , ...its shameful at most.........imagine now u have lennox watson and the lot coming forward at a press conference expressing his and ttff's disappintment at the soca warriors not qualifying for the next phase  of world cup qualifying ....imagine that<<<!!! Really  lennox watson and your gang??? really?? lacking funds so u say .. . and other intangibles.... !!!! Here's the question!! where all the money went and who pocket all the funds given to the ttff .. i suppose u  mister lennox watson and all the others have no response to the obvious don;t you???? do the right thing  step away as a man and let the right people who truly love and care  about football and its ungoings to lift the sport in the right direction ... then and only then u will be believable... you and the present staff @ ttff lacks imagination and the foresight . and  i hold no apologies... its sickening to say the least  ... am so fakking upset right now .!!!...imagine a team preparing for the world stage >>>> world cup qualifying and nothing set in place for them to move ahead .  .. e.g no friendlies  , there are  bunch and a litany of things i can say right now but i'll limit   it for now . so please  mr watson and others don;t come talking crap we  are not fooled.. no more b.s the people tired of the nonsense.. i mean the  b.s ..!!!!..as mr pfister well pointed out there are alot things needs fixing take heed  you ttff officials...... i hope you all leave soon and let those potentially   caring individuals ...  those to come... be set in place to the get the programme  up and running , time is of the essence... no more wasting the youths time and and the turing off  trini  football fans  .... the sad fact is its the football palyers who are getting the brunt  of it . its a whiplash effect  they are also feeling frustrated by the fact that no one feels interested to come see them play which is not fair to them so please . mr watson and others no b.s no more  we tired of the gamesmanship ,.... hope elections  for new officials could have been  today ,latest tomorrow , thats how upset i am , ... i wonder plz someone inform whats the format for elections where the appointment of ttff staffing is concern can  anyone not at home have a voting say ???? ah so damn upset ... ah better cool it now b4 ah cuss..

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2011, 01:20:28 PM »
ttff and its failings...How much more !! am so flicking annoyed , frustrated , and down right disgusted by the officials at ttff and their lack of wisdom and foresight , ...its shameful at most.........imagine now u have lennox watson and the lot coming forward at a press conference expressing his and ttff's disappintment at the soca warriors not qualifying for the next phase  of world cup qualifying ....imagine that<<<!!! Really  lennox watson and your gang??? really?? lacking funds so u say .. . and other intangibles.... !!!! Here's the question!! where all the money went and who pocket all the funds given to the ttff .. i suppose u  mister lennox watson and all the others have no response to the obvious don;t you???? do the right thing  step away as a man and let the right people who truly love and care  about football and its ungoings to lift the sport in the right direction ... then and only then u will be believable... you and the present staff @ ttff lacks imagination and the foresight . and  i hold no apologies... its sickening to say the least  ... am so fakking upset right now .!!!...imagine a team preparing for the world stage >>>> world cup qualifying and nothing set in place for them to move ahead .  .. e.g no friendlies  , there are  bunch and a litany of things i can say right now but i'll limit   it for now . so please  mr watson and others don;t come talking crap we  are not fooled.. no more b.s the people tired of the nonsense.. i mean the  b.s ..!!!!..as mr pfister well pointed out there are alot things needs fixing take heed  you ttff officials...... i hope you all leave soon and let those potentially   caring individuals ...  those to come... be set in place to the get the programme  up and running , time is of the essence... no more wasting the youths time and and the turing off  trini  football fans  .... the sad fact is its the football palyers who are getting the brunt  of it . its a whiplash effect  they are also feeling frustrated by the fact that no one feels interested to come see them play which is not fair to them so please . mr watson and others no b.s no more  we tired of the gamesmanship ,.... hope elections  for new officials could have been  today ,latest tomorrow , thats how upset i am , ... i wonder plz someone inform whats the format for elections where the appointment of ttff staffing is concern can  anyone not at home have a voting say ???? ah so damn upset ... ah better cool it now b4 ah cuss..

Unfortunately those guys will never leave/resign from the TTFF executive on their own accord!

The TTFF is a gravy train and offers power and a relatively privilege life style for most of them!!
Government money, FIFA money and Sponsorship money (when tournaments come round and we are doing well) means that those guys will never resign from the TTFF executive on their own accord!
They need the position and power so they can continue to fill their pockets while retarding the development of our football, that’s their proven track record over the years and this will never change!

These guys have to be forced out democratically via the clubs and regional football associations so if we really want change that's where we need to focus first in order to stamp out corruption and lack of democracy and eventually being able to remove these corrupt self serving fellas in charge at the TTFF!

Doesn't look like the government will allow the TTFF to go bankrupt while Anil and Jack are in government! And we can’t rely too much on the 2006 WC players court case against the TTFF making them declare bankruptcy either because Jack and them could have influence on the judge leading the case with regards to giving them time to make the payments by installments!

Folks here who are based in T&T and complaining and really want change need to join the action and lend support to what the poster called "President" has been calling for on this forum over the past few months!

There is no other way so if we don’t want to heed what he is saying and join the action to help bring about that change via the clubs and Regional Football Associations especially if we are based home then we are not really serious about bringing about change in the TTFF and should stop complaining!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 01:33:14 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2011, 02:00:30 PM »

can you justify the title " international calibre national team coach " ? I am a little lost here ....

Justify? Or explain?
My reason for saying international calibre is that we all know that a local coach isn't going to cost anywhere near what Pfister is making. So if we were to bring in someone else what is it likely to cost us? And the reason I ask is that while I agree that $50k US/mth is plenty money, I don't think it's a lot for the job in question. I might be wrong as I don't actually know what national team coaches make so I was hoping somebody could point it out.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2011, 02:03:03 PM »
aye pro ah not at home hence why am asking if we can be part and parcel of the voting process ......providing out here cannot its time for all de old talk back home and actions to count, ah feddup with the b.s  yuh think i doh know dem officials  doh want to give up de niceness and the champagne , wine and whiskey , not to mention all the perks that come with being ah offical with the ttff...... ah hope  brent sancho along with all potential candidates albeit such  listening..... hope they doh think for a minute if anyone of dem come to be an appointee at some point in time its gonna be the same old same old  they better think again. its gonna be real noise no holding back for them either .. so mister  sancho and others all due respect to you but make sure u guys listening , we watching with hawks eyes.... we tired of the  :bs:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2011, 02:55:27 PM »

Justify? Or explain?
My reason for saying international calibre is that we all know that a local coach isn't going to cost anywhere near what Pfister is making. So if we were to bring in someone else what is it likely to cost us? And the reason I ask is that while I agree that $50k US/mth is plenty money, I don't think it's a lot for the job in question. I might be wrong as I don't actually know what national team coaches make so I was hoping somebody could point it out.

But Mose you can't use the US coaches, as they are always in Qualifier mode and always playing at a high level, hence their need for a top quality coach. Put that along side the decent developmental structure they have and it's makes it even more of a far reaching stretch to equate our needs of a coach with theirs.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2011, 09:14:47 AM »

Justify? Or explain?

But Mose you can't use the US coaches, as they are always in Qualifier mode and always playing at a high level, hence their need for a top quality coach. Put that along side the decent developmental structure they have and it's makes it even more of a far reaching stretch to equate our needs of a coach with theirs.

But I never said anything about US coaches elan. I only referred to the $50,000US/mth that Pfister is being paid.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2011, 09:59:45 AM »

Very wide range breds.
This is some info for the coaches who took their national teams to the world cup in South Africa last year in USD:

- Fabio Capello (England): 9,900,000 USD/year
- Marcelo Lippi (Italy): 4,100,000
- Javier Aguirre (Mexico): 4,000,000
- Joachim Löw (Germany): 3,300,000
- Berter van Marwijk (Netherlands): 2,700,000
- Ottmar Hitzfeld (Switzerland): 2,600,000
- Vicente del Bosque (Spain): 2,200,000
- Carlos Queiroz (Portugal): 2,000,000
- Pim Verbeek (Australia): 1,820,000
- Carlos Parreira (South Africa): 1,800,000
- Dunga (Brazil): 1,250,000
- Diego Maradona (Argentina): 1,200,000
- Takeshi Okada (Japan): 1,200,000
- Ricki Herbert (New Zealand): 1,200,000
- Otto Rehhagel (Greece): 1,150,000
- Paul Le Guen (Cameroon): 960,000
- Marcelo Bielsa (Chile): 850,000
- Vahdi Halilhodzic (Cote d’Ivoire): 740,000
- Raymond Domenech (France): 720,000
- Hun Jung Moo (South Korea): 600,000
- Morten Olsen (Denmark): 570,000
- Milovan Rajevac (Ghana): 540,000
- Bob Bradley (USA): 400,000
- Radomir Antic (Serbia): 447,000
- Matjaz Kek (Slovenia): 360,000
- Gerardo Martino (Paraguay): 360,000
- Rabah Saadane (Algeria): 360,000
- Reinaldo Rueda (Honduras): 350,000
- Vladimir Weiss (Slovakia): 312,000
- Oscar Washington Tabárez (Uruguay): 300,000
- Kim Jong Hun (North Korea): 250,000
- Shaibu Amodu (Nigeria): 180,000

Pfister's salary falls just in the the lower half of that.
All things being equal, he is being paid very well.
When Carlos Quiroz was being interviewed for the job, he decided on Iran instead of the Warriors, you can see why.
Also note to mention is that some international coaches are paid very high who not on that list, eg Rijkaard-Saudi Arabia (5million a year), Guus Hiddink-Turkey (11 million a year), Jose Camacho-China (8million a year) etc etc.

IMHO, Pfister's salary is justified. Whether he is the right candidate is another question.

Sources:
http://www.just-football.com/2009/12/world-cup-2010-managers-salaries-aka/
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.php?n=hiddink-to-pack-bags-2011-11-15
http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2011/07/02/155690.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Antonio_Camacho

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2011, 12:40:46 PM »
Thx fuh de info Trini.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2011, 06:28:28 AM »
Pfister agent tweet this

Extremely encouraged that despite the disappointing tenure with T&T, there is plenty of interest in our client Otto Pfister.

1]; } ?>