April 26, 2024, 09:48:58 PM

Author Topic: T&T to face Finland in opening match of 2012 calendar  (Read 7888 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
TTFF to review senior staff
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2011, 10:28:13 PM »
http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2011/11/18/ttff-review-senior-staff

T&TFF to review senior staff
Published: Fri, 2011-11-18 21:39
Nigel Simon

Soca Warriors coach Otto Pfister is being sought after by no fewer than four countries after failing to get T&T past the second round of the Concacaf qualifiers for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil.This, even after T&T Football Federation, acting president Lennox Watson, said yesterday no decision had been made regarding the immediate future of German and his technical staff which includes, local assistant coaches, Anton Corneal and Huston Charles, both former national players. Watson speaking at a press conference at the Oval yesterday said the future of the 73-year-old Pfister and his senior technical staff contracts will come to an end in December and these contracts will be reviewed and a team put in place moving forward.”
“Coach Pfister has proceeded on his leave until December 31 and an announcement with regards to his future will be made before the end of the year while we also intend to fill the vacant post of the Technical Director of the T&TFF.

Concerning the Soca Warriors failed campaigned under Pfister, Watson admitted the federation like all of T&T was disappointed with the failure to advance to the next phase of qualification. He, however stated the federation was not alone responsible for the hiring of Pfister who has also come in for heavy criticism and pointed out that the federation’s executive committee simply adhered to a recommendation of the  screening committee which included Dr Iva Gloudon, Dr Alvin Henderson, former Technical Director Keith Look Loy and ex-national player, Marlon Morris and found it difficult to now understand criticism of the coach (Pfister) coming from some of those said persons. Looking ahead Watson said the plan of the T&TFF is to use a group of players who can serve  T&T over the next five years and work towards building a team capable of not just qualifying for a World Cup Finals, and the current Under-23 squad is a good place to start.

At the same time its understood that Pfister, who was hired by the T&TFF in March to guide the team to Brazil following the sacking of former coach and T&T captain, Russell Latapy has already been ear-marked by a few countries to take charge of their national teams.

They include the already eliminated from Brazil qualification United Arab Emirates (Asia), Lithuania (Europe), Gambia (Africa) and Papa New Guinea (Oceania), the last three all of which are still involved in World Cup 2014 qualifiers. It is stated Pfister became a wanted man immediately following the Soca Warriors 2-1 loss in Guyana on Friday, their penultimate second round Group B qualifier which marked the end of the “Road to Brazil”. Asked if he had spoken to Pfister since the team’s 2-0 win in Tuesday’s match at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo in its final qualifier, Watson replied, “No I have not spoken with any member of the technical staff as coach Pfister is currently on leave out of the country. Looking ahead to the senior team’s warm-up match against the national Olympic (Under-23) squad at the Dwight Yorke Stadium, Bacolet today from 5 pm, Watson said the remainder of the coaching staff led by assistant coaches, Anton Corneal and Hutson Charles will take charge of the team.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 10:44:47 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T to face Finland in opening match of 2012 calendar
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2011, 10:29:33 PM »
Now they get a decent friendly  :rotfl:

I will believe it only when the Finnish team come out to warm up at the Haseley. Before then, I will not be commenting on it.

My sentiments exactly! How many times over the last five years have we heard about International friendlies and all we could get was India! i will believe it only when the teams line up and the referee blow the whistle to start the game!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF to review senior staff
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2011, 10:49:15 PM »
Looking ahead to the senior team’s warm-up match against the national Olympic (Under-23) squad at the Dwight Yorke Stadium, Bacolet today from 5 pm, Watson said the remainder of the coaching staff led by assistant coaches, Anton Corneal and Hutson Charles will take charge of the team.

So Pfister is on holiday and Anton Corneal is now in charge of the senior team!!

Lets hope the U-23s really beat them in trute!!   >:(
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2011, 11:09:20 PM »
Looking ahead to the senior team’s warm-up match against the national Olympic (Under-23) squad at the Dwight Yorke Stadium, Bacolet today from 5 pm, Watson said the remainder of the coaching staff led by assistant coaches, Anton Corneal and Hutson Charles will take charge of the team.

So Pfister is on holiday and Anton Corneal is now in charge of the senior team!!

check your PM.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2011, 11:17:00 PM »

So who allyuh feel, the next coach go be.  loud ssttuueepppssss! be careful what allyuh wish for!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2011, 11:21:45 PM »

check your PM.

Ok cool, thanks!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2011, 11:30:20 PM »
T&T football is just a downward spiral, I really hope we know what we're doing.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 11:31:58 PM by soccerman »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2011, 11:34:27 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago Football FEDUPration
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2011, 02:56:00 AM »
I'm sorry, I want a foreign coach. Or a local with international experience. even a Jamaican would do... someone from a country where people serious about national pride.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2011, 10:37:06 AM »
I'm sorry, I want a foreign coach. Or a local with international experience. even a Jamaican would do... someone from a country where people serious about national pride.

An outside coach cannot change our culture in regards to national pride!
That begins in T&T in the households with parents teaching their children, in the schools with teachers instilling it in their pupils and in the local media (radio, TV, newspapers, etc) regards promoting and having pride in what is ours!

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2011, 10:57:16 AM »
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2011, 03:06:41 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WMqX9w4vFRE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WMqX9w4vFRE</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2011, 04:27:48 PM »
PUMA would be a good brand, give us something unique. Oh well, im sure we will get rossi  :-\ , it will match the shit we playing
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2011, 05:22:15 PM »
But nothing annoys me more than Trinidadians going on and on about how we need a local coach. Has a local coach ever taken us to the world cup? I care about experience and know how.

What has Anton Corneal EVER done to warrant him being Senior Men's National Coach.

Can someone answer this question.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2011, 05:31:33 PM »
WtF, for crying out loud , check this people i wonder who  really buying the  :cursing: garbage ttff trying to sell football fans and supporters .. those  slackers @ttff really think they are fooling .???????  here is why all each and everyone at ttff  should be given no other ultimtum but to resign... for 2 consecative goldcups , the warriors could not qualify... that's glaring enough for even a drunk to see and take notice, the signs were imminent , no  regular active  football for the senior team.  none of them cared a damn thing those buggers at the ttff , now the campaign for world cup qualifying hit the skids ,. its over now!!! remember  prior to the said world cup qualifying . funds were not available according to them staggering fools ,   .... now at the recent press conference by  mr lennoa watson and company.....all man looking to save the backsides now  .... here comes the friendlies  beginnng with finland ,,,,,,,are we serious ????? suddenly here comes the friendlies !!  and  supposedly 6 to 7 friendlies schedhule for next year  yuh see themm people at the ttff they must all go!!!! who de a..ss they believe buying that. but then again  some people  like is so .. ah know i for one want all of then to go  , ..  ah vex oui....no fakking alternative should be given them but resign all man jack ..    go go go let new heads  with progressive  ideas come forth..

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2011, 07:16:11 PM »
Maybe Puma!!!!

We should be so lucky... Puma is the hottest kit out there right now in my opinion.

As for the friendly... people being a bit harsh.  Any agreement to play a game is a two-way street and I think we can all agree that for the past several years few teams wanted to waste their time with us.  If as Watson say, "the Finlan FA requested the friendly" then we should be rejoicing that finally there will be a quality friendly opponent.  Other than that, I agree... same old shit.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2011, 09:05:05 PM »
So, we have an international friendly in January against a team ranked 1 place above us and the national team coach is going on vacation until Dec. 31? And somewhere in there they going to review the national program and see whether or not to keep said coach given that the Minister of Sport has already said he's not paying that salary.

Sound like same sh*t different day to me.
Hear nuh man....is like dem people does be deliberately trying to frustrate people with utter stupidity. I honestly doh think the debths of this nonsense exists anywhere else in the world.

Frustrating man...
Two islands are better than one.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2011, 11:32:24 PM »
An Invitation to a Psuedo Press Conference Starring:

Lennox Watson as Watson
With special advise...err...guest Jackarse as Mr. Holmes

Watson to Holmes: "By heavens, Holmes, I believe that they are not really after us. No one showed up to protest our existence".
Holmes to Watson: "No, it's not quite so bad as that, my dear Watson. I have pre-comatosed most of the would be rebel protesters. It's the unofficial force—the revolutionary irregulars you have to worry about. Currently, that force is leaderless".
Watson to Holmes: "I have extended invitations to press reporters I can manipulate and who will not ask probing questions I cannot answer".
Holmes to Watson: "You have learned well over the years. Good".
Watson to Holmes: "You were right Holmes. It worked out very well. The people bought it hook, line, and sinker. Excellent".
Holmes to Watson: "Elementary, my dear Watson. From your viewpoint as President, you will have the advantage of knowing their habits and weaknesses. You know my methods, Watson. How often have I said to when you have eliminated the opposition whatever remains must be the truth".
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 12:32:50 AM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2011, 07:41:23 AM »
Maybe Puma!!!!

We should be so lucky... Puma is the hottest kit out there right now in my opinion.

As for the friendly... people being a bit harsh.  Any agreement to play a game is a two-way street and I think we can all agree that for the past several years few teams wanted to waste their time with us.  If as Watson say, "the Finlan FA requested the friendly" then we should be rejoicing that finally there will be a quality friendly opponent.  Other than that, I agree... same old shit.

Trying to figure this out. there is no international FIFA date in January, so how do they get to bring a "full strength" team as the original article claimed. Then again, most teams in europe will be on a winter break around then, so i guess that explains it.

If Finland is taking its national team half way around the world to play international teams, i suspect they might want to get some other games in as well. wouldnt be surprised if the JFF also announces a game against them over coming weeks (JFF normally doesnt announmce games until both Federations have signed)

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2011, 04:04:35 PM »
Until theres transparency and proper elections, this is just more bs.
Hart for president

Offline jonny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2011, 10:33:04 AM »
Finland will play T & T senior NT on Jan 22 in Port of Spain and Olympic NT on Jan 25 in Tobago

http://www.palloliitto.fi/maajoukkueet/miesten_a-maajoukkue/

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2011, 10:57:38 AM »
Finland will play T & T senior NT on Jan 22 in Port of Spain and Olympic NT on Jan 25 in Tobago

http://www.palloliitto.fi/maajoukkueet/miesten_a-maajoukkue/

It should have been d other way the olympic team in Tdad. But is d TTFF lets see if any games are played b it Tdad or Tbgo
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2011, 12:01:54 PM »
who coaching the team? Are they in training now..oh shoot stupid me is Christmas so they have a 3 week break from dey once a week practices

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2011, 06:46:23 AM »
Anton will put a team together a week before the game-( If it does come off) and it will be the same script as in ghosts of past years.
 A serious federation would start scouting foreign based  of a certain age group as the pool for the Digicel and Gold Cup .
Maybe they think the present Olympic team is the way forward.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2011, 07:04:48 AM »
America has a game on 21st Jan against Venezuela 20 man squad done name,training camp on 3rd Jan.We have a game on 22nd Jan,everyone still wondering........ whose de coach?what is de squad? when dey starting to train? and we in the same confederation. 

1]; } ?>