April 25, 2024, 11:16:51 PM

Author Topic: No flowers by request  (Read 2006 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
No flowers by request
« on: November 19, 2011, 09:56:34 PM »
No flowers by request
T&T Guardian

Death Announcement:
The funeral of the late Trinidad Football will take place at Clark and Battoo’s Chapel, thence to the Lapeyrouse Cemetery. The body, which was flown in from Guyana, will lie in state at the office of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF). No flowers by request.
  
The phone rang. I picked it up half-heartedly. I was prepared for the shocker; but was hoping for some good news. “Guyana give we two,” was the sad news. One time, I headed for the toilet...no lie. My stomach gave away, and everything came crashing down. A sadness overwhelmed me, and it was difficult to collect myself. After that near-miss, I jumped into bed and pulled the covers over my head. I was dumbstruck. My mind raced back to the glory days and fast-forwarded to what football in T&T had become. I started to cry. The neighbours rushed over to console me. There was this sexy one in a shortpants with legs as smooth as silk. She put her arms around me and instantly my troubles were over. They all left, telling me that whatever was troubling me “that, too, like the curfew shall pass”.

I couldn’t come to grips with what passes for football and, futhermore, I was not seeing any stars. Football had me seeing stars. However, my mind raced back to the cemetery of failed football campaigns—Road to Italy (1990), ’94 for sure, Korea in 2002. Is licks, Germany 2006, and South Africa 2010 and Brazil 2014. Then it dawned on me the vengeance of Moko had blighted our football, after how the footballers were treated in 2006...called “mercenaries”, blanked from the Gold Cup squad all because of asking for what is rightfully theirs. Money flowed like gobar through that campaign.

There was enough for everybody. But men who never kicked a lime hogged everything. There and then, I knew local football was doomed. I prayed for justice. Since that time, Caribbean teams started to beat we like a bobolee and declare a national holiday to celebrate the death of a football superpower. Remember, no flowers by request, a donation will be picked up for charity. The TTFF has requested all past and present members, including Jack Warner, wear black. What a sad story.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
Re: No flowers by request
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 03:08:38 AM »
Death to the ungodly..
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 04:50:15 AM »
Found this article with similar sentiments.....

End of the road
By Marlon Miller

I DON'T know if it is going to hurt more now or next June, when we'll be all looking on with nowhere to go.

There'll be action up in the north and down in the south, but here in Trinidad and Tobago, we will be observing in silence.

That's the situation we find ourselves in after the Soca Warriors suffered one defeat too many in the second round and T&T dropped out of the qualifying campaign for the 2014 World Cup even before it got serious.

While those fans who really love their football and stick with the national team through thick and thin will be grieving over T&T's elimination, there are some who feel that we were on a hiding to nothing and we got away from further embarrassment.

For if Trinidad and Tobago, who went to the World Cup finals just five years ago, cannot beat Bermuda and Guyana in 2011, then how could we expect to cope with Mexico and Costa Rica in the third round of CONCACAF Zone qualifying next year?

And those doomsayers certainly have a point.

But the optimists will claim that the T&T players, a mix of locally-based youngsters and journeymen and the well-paid overseas professionals, were only just starting to gel and would have been a much more cohesive unit in the next round.

On that point, two days after it all came to a screeching halt last Tuesday, the interim president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation announces that the national team will be playing a series of friendly internationals in 2012, starting with Finland in January.

Did I miss something in translation, because we should have had that sort of programme in place this year. Or is it that everyone in the hierarchy of T&T football was so over-confident that we would easily hurdle inferior opponents like the Bermudans and Guyanese? Did they all forget already that the same Bermuda beat us here at home in qualifying for the 2010 World Cup?

So poor Otto Pfister—actually, he isn't poor at all, as he was paid a hefty salary as national team head coach--was never afforded the opportunity of seeing his charges— both local and foreign—up against high-level opposition in practice games in the lead up to the real thing in the second round of qualifying, which, unfortunately, turned out to be our last.

According to the TTFF stand-in, they couldn't afford to facilitate such warm-up encounters in 2011, but less than two months from now, he will find funds to fly in the Finland national team.

Before he told us something sensible, like that all the remnants of the TTFF's old guard are standing down and taking their leave, so that bright, young people with football at heart, like Marlon Morris, Brent Sancho and many others who really care for the game, can replace them. But there were no such words of wisdom coming forth from that now totally irrelevant organisation which has reduced Trinidad and Tobago football to the status of West Indies cricket, which is a pretty precipitous drop.

And, of course, there are those fans who place the blame squarely on those wearing the red, white and black, questioning the commitment of the players, their heart and desire and how many of them gave their all in contesting the 50-50 balls and chasing down the rebounds.

Ah, well, it's of little use crying over what might have been and the only consolation is that we won't be rubbing it in amongst ourselves and if any of the many Guyanese in our midst decide to give us heckle about beating us, they better make sure they have their papers in order or some aggrieved Trini will summon the nearest immigration officer.

So we must have pity for our countrymen and women residing abroad who happen to have a Guyanese living next door. Unfortunately, they have nowhere to hide and will be cursing whoever they feel is responsible for our early demise on the road to Rio 2014.

And spare a though for our most visible presence on the international airwaves, Shaka Hislop, the former Trinidad and Tobago goalkeeper who played such a crucial role in keeping Sweden at bay that memorable Saturday in June 2006, when all our hearts were bursting with pride and we walked tall in Dortmund after our very first appearance in the World Cup finals.

On the Monday edition of ESPN Soccernet Press Pass, with our fate already decided following T&T's 2-1 defeat at the Guyana National Stadium the Friday before, Shaka was asked about what went wrong.

As the much-respected ESPN analyst lamented about "Mr Jack Warner..." and how things began going downhill soon after the heroics in Germany with the blacklisting of players who made a claim for a share of the profits generated by the Soca Warriors making it to the biggest stage in sport, Shaka's fellow panellists got his goat.

Steve Nichol and Steve McManaman, two former Liverpool stalwarts, had absolutely no sympathy for Hislop, with Nichol searching around in his pockets looking for a handkerchief or tissue to wipe Shaka's tears, while "Macca" began playing an invisible violin to accompany Trinidad and Tobago's swansong.

For even though the Warriors saved some face the next day and won 2-0, it was of absolutely no use.

Instead, the Guyanese will get to experience the thrill and excitement of a full-blown World Cup qualifying campaign, against T&T's old adversaries Mexico, Costa Rica and El Salvador. I'll grudgingly wish them well, along with Antigua and Jamaica, as they scrap with CONCACAF's big guns.

And here, if we have to continue to depend on the same moribund minds of the TTFF to get us to another World Cup, those of us who had the good fortune to be in Germany will be long dead before our compatriots experience it again.

Marlon Miller is Sports Editor of the Express

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/commentaries/End_of_the_road-134161193.html
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 05:49:37 AM »
He late, T&T football ded long time ago, ah believe it happened when we lose to grenada and cuba, and ketch we nenen tuh beat martinique last yr in the degicel cup.  :yawning:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 05:51:14 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 06:09:14 AM »
I really loving this! i remember when ppl was laffin when jamaica lorse and failed to make it the last hex, and they laughed equally when SVG beat dem out the gold cup in 2006. man on here was boasting and braggin while raggin on other teams that was strugglin, that's why it eh good tuh larf @ ppl, bc they could get de lass larf

now all de man dem who was braggin is nowhere to be found, and the worst part, they doh really care bout T&T football, they doh even care bout the players, instead all they care bout braggin rights.    serves dem right!    ;D
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 06:11:19 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 08:05:51 AM »
Nope it died at the start of the blacklist .When the senior never got a chance to groom the youngsters .That gap of passing the torch is where the flame died.

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 10:06:37 AM »
Nope it died at the start of the blacklist .When the senior never got a chance to groom the youngsters .That gap of passing the torch is where the flame died.

NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 01:32:15 PM »
Tallman..... you could not have said any better . ... its either lennox watson , and the whole gang @ttff believe  we the people out here and at home really dumb., its difficult at this time to imagine, .......its just outrageous so soon after the world cup  campaign is over for  brazil 2014 ,  these ridiculous officials  come  forward at a press  conference outlining the many friendlies , where did that come from all so suddenly didn;t they  have an inkling of its importance b4 in order to get the team ready , am not buying  it sorry folks . !!!! but some folks like it so .......the time is now for action to be taken .. ah tired ah b/s.. , .... am saying again the recipe for a disastrous  and failed  was set in place  soon after the   2006  world cup appearance , from the  blacklisting of players thanks jack 'the ripper'.warner didn't  you draw enough  blood  ,  ?????? then come trinidad failings  to qualify for the goldcups.. lawd  well ah tell yuh ,and no one saw this coming all the roadblocks for failure were clearly set in place ,, there by we getting we arse  cut  ,, !!! i have bros from gt /.guyana   out here .....all ah  dem claim trini more than guyana but ah too sure bout that now .. is a good thing i never brag  nor show myself otherwise i will have to  keep meh mouth shut !!, but then again am a real trini so am gonna express it live no matter what!!!!!...am just  piss.ed  .at the attitude  and the glaring failures of the ttff and ..its administrators....lennox watson and the cannot fool me  one fakking bit with all the public relations b.s. .....ah aint buying it .only  when they are all  voted out or force to leave without  then and only then i'll believe that true  change is in cards , as of now its the same old thing ... same personnel ... @ttff  .. ah done for now until later... steupssssssssss >:(

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 03:10:50 PM »
Vengeance of moko on our football for all the wrongs done to those who have served our football well? Show remorse pay the soca warriors and maybe we could rise again like Lazarus!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 05:27:56 PM »

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Vengeance of moko on our football for all the wrongs done to those who have served our football well? Show remorse pay the soca warriors and maybe we could rise again like Lazarus!

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>