April 26, 2024, 08:36:21 PM

Poll

Who allyuh feel would be de best local to take over T&T senior team.

Anton Corneal
2 (5.9%)
Terry Fenwick
9 (26.5%)
Stuart Charles
1 (2.9%)
Everald Cummings
11 (32.4%)
Angus Eve
5 (14.7%)
Jamaal Shabaaz
3 (8.8%)
Hutson Charles
0 (0%)
Dexter Cyrus
0 (0%)
Otto Pfister
3 (8.8%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Best locally based coach to lead T&T ?  (Read 5201 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Best locally based coach to lead T&T ?
« on: November 20, 2011, 08:26:01 AM »
My vote is Gally Cummings.

I think he will bring back T&T football culture, style and desire to represent T&T with pure heart.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Best locally based coach to lead T&T ?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 08:28:06 AM »

I think he will bring back T&T football culture, style and desire to represent T&T with pure heart.

yuh desperate eh
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 09:02:00 AM »
i agree .why not.

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 09:02:37 AM »
Terry Fenwick as coach and Everald Cummings as Technical Director.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 09:20:01 AM »
until gally gets another shot as coach he would not be at peace to be TD.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 09:29:58 AM »
yup we go back 22 years with gally
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 09:33:38 AM »
LOL Gally

haha allyuh good... as Trini2018 say, 22 years backward

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 09:46:13 AM »
more like 6 years backwards ,cause where like what 16 years backwards right now .

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 11:18:12 AM »
I see we're back to square one. Everytime Trinidad doesn't qualify for a world cup we start this local coach talk. My thing is: they are just not experienced enough. We always go on about how we're paying too much for this coach or for that coach. So what you guys are really saying that we want to invest in the team....just not that much.

Terry Fenwick? Really? I love his no-nonsense attitude but this is the same man who knock down a player for celebrating near him. (did we forget that).

He also the same man who said Trinidad would be trampled by England in Germany. How can we take him as coach now when he couldn't see the potential in a team that was much better than the team we have now. He will tell the fellas... "you can loose, but don't loose too bad."

I know Terry was buzzing around Trinidad all these years to get the Senior job and he probably already has a ton of ideas of what he wants to do with the team but I can't trust him to keep his cool when the stakes are high. 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 11:19:45 AM by toonmili »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 11:36:55 AM »
ah see de same names from de last campaign and de ones before dat. in fact is less names as some local-based coaches will get a fight dong right from de start. now is as good a time as any for new blood.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 11:40:42 AM by ribbit »

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 11:49:00 AM »
I see we're back to square one. Everytime Trinidad doesn't qualify for a world cup we start this local coach talk. My thing is: they are just not experienced enough. We always go on about how we're paying too much for this coach or for that coach. So what you guys are really saying that we want to invest in the team....just not that much.

Terry Fenwick? Really? I love his no-nonsense attitude but this is the same man who knock down a player for celebrating near him. (did we forget that).

He also the same man who said Trinidad would be trampled by England in Germany. How can we take him as coach now when he couldn't see the potential in a team that was much better than the team we have now. He will tell the fellas... "you can loose, but don't loose too bad."

I know Terry was buzzing around Trinidad all these years to get the Senior job and he probably already has a ton of ideas of what he wants to do with the team but I can't trust him to keep his cool when the stakes are high. 
and dais exactly what we need a coach like fenwick...yuh play shyte yuh will hear it and sometimes feel it...if yuh doh have self-discipline he will instill it for you

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 12:16:32 PM »
None of those coaches are technically ready for the modern game at the highest level.  They are all great coaches in their time but times have changed.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 02:37:04 PM »
None of those coaches are technically ready for the modern game at the highest level.  They are all great coaches in their time but times have changed.

agreed Ryo
Fenwick might be the best bet on that list

anyway I say bring back Wim  ;)
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, 03:02:48 PM »
Gally could turn around that team in weeks! He is the repository of T&T 's football! He is what Boogsie is to Pan , what kitch and sparrow  is to calypso , what super blue is to soca! He is a natural and he is for real not like those current pretenders who has brought us down to zero! We could only go up from here! He brought us out of the dumps in 1989 and I am confident he can do 10 times better this time around!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2011, 03:12:55 PM »
Hear nah, allyuh reeaalll good oui! like someone said, allyuh willing to go backwards. question, how many concacaf champions league did any of these local coaches won. how many regional championships, how many times these guys coached in ah WC final,  how many things have they won outside of T&T??!!

allyuh always on the inside looking out, the grass is greener, looking back instead of looking forward, and while all that was going on, no body noticed that we had ah top calibre coach right in our midst/palm. so much so that he wasn't quite done with us, and despite his failure to secure ah spot in the semifinal round, UAE, qater and some african team were all running after the man tuh sign him.

ppl allyuh so quick tuh change the coach  every time we fall short, but no one eh as quick to remove the federation! ppl, i believe if the likes of hiddink, scholari, zagalo, even yugi luv, were given the set of circumstances as otto, they wouldve failed just the same.

ppl in case allyuh don't know, this would be our 5th coach since we went to the WC 06, ah grand total of ah coach ah yr! i suggest that we keep this coach bc his failure was defo not all his fault. and just like latas, and pancho, i want this man to have ah second shot, hope it's not too late, bc by the looks of it he's very much in demand and one of these teams may have already turned his head.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 04:07:40 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2011, 03:17:57 PM »
Gally could turn around that team in weeks! He is the repository of T&T 's football! He is what Boogsie is to Pan , what kitch and sparrow  is to calypso , what super blue is to soca! He is a natural and he is for real not like those current pretenders who has brought us down to zero! We could only go up from here! He brought us out of the dumps in 1989 and I am confident he can do 10 times better this time around!

what has Gally done since 1989 to educate himself on modern football played today?

what difference could he possibly bring to football now?
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2011, 03:19:11 PM »
What ah fackin joke!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: this man eh coach ah team in eons, and you expect him to do what three active coaches has failed to do! allyuh please leave gally where he is! allyuh have to remember, since gally time, the gap that separated big teams from small team has been breached. imagine, 22yrs ago ah man over achieved, and ppl still can't get over with.

ppl, this team barely played together for any length of time, and was inactive for 10 months, what de fack allyuh expect, any team would fail under these circumstances, bottom line ppl, we failed miserably, and it was all in the preparation!         
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2011, 04:13:37 PM »
Just cool dont be an idiot! No local coach has surpassed what he has done. Look at the oldmsn they bring here  and he couldn't even take us past the first round! We have Anton failing  in every   tournament for years now and he is still a permanent fixture!  While his father who has never had any success as a coach only as a critic operating behind the scenes Making decisions on our football ! Talk about that biggest travesty right now!  seem to be a hater! Poor you!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2011, 04:36:48 PM »
Doh care if is Gally, Jackie or Frankie, buh all kinda body here could tell yuh which local coach "eh ready", who in a time warp, who ent coach nobody in ah long time, who didn't keep up with the education.....buh here the chupidness nah, How much ah dem here ever coach ah National Team, how much ah dem here know all they football by watching only games, how much expert sports pychologist and football analyst actually have any kinda JOB from there football studies and expert knowledge and vast experience from seperating the coaches who are ordinary goats and those that are Rams...many will even claim to know Gally, Fevrier or Fenwick personally, even doh they themselves(posters) have lived in foreign for more than the last 1 year..."yeah man, I went highschool with him and we use to lime, big time, sure it was 30 years ago, buh I know exactly how the man does think "...the only person who I doh know how they does think is a foreign white fella- Fenwick doh count, he get vex an slap ah man, jus like I wudda done, no foreign black fella, he ave the same skin as me man, I know how he does think...no Concacafian, I doh care wha dem think...We need ah german, cause dem players good, an we cyah unerstan why, so if we get ah german coach, we must pick up something...or..or ah dutch, dem players good too...so any dutch coach will do...and even if the team dey coach never show any improvement, that ent the point, the fact is, he went WC and did coach them....

i just on kicks...but on ah serious note, - I doubt anyone here in a position of who would be the best coach for TT at present, especially when we won't have a meaningful Game for 2-3 years, thus the type of coach required now, has more to do with development, organization and technical scouting, than actual team selection and training (including mindset as well as technical)- but I have been wrong before

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2011, 05:22:17 PM »

and dais exactly what we need a coach like fenwick...yuh play shyte yuh will hear it and sometimes feel it...if yuh doh have self-discipline he will instill it for you

Until he punches Landon Donovon and curse out Klinsmann.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2011, 07:17:56 PM »

:beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2011, 07:23:52 PM »
Doh care if is Gally, Jackie or Frankie, buh all kinda body here could tell yuh which local coach "eh ready", who in a time warp, who ent coach nobody in ah long time, who didn't keep up with the education.....buh here the chupidness nah, How much ah dem here ever coach ah National Team, how much ah dem here know all they football by watching only games, how much expert sports pychologist and football analyst actually have any kinda JOB from there football studies and expert knowledge and vast experience from seperating the coaches who are ordinary goats and those that are Rams...many will even claim to know Gally, Fevrier or Fenwick personally, even doh they themselves(posters) have lived in foreign for more than the last 1 year..."yeah man, I went highschool with him and we use to lime, big time, sure it was 30 years ago, buh I know exactly how the man does think "...the only person who I doh know how they does think is a foreign white fella- Fenwick doh count, he get vex an slap ah man, jus like I wudda done, no foreign black fella, he ave the same skin as me man, I know how he does think...no Concacafian, I doh care wha dem think...We need ah german, cause dem players good, an we cyah unerstan why, so if we get ah german coach, we must pick up something...or..or ah dutch, dem players good too...so any dutch coach will do...and even if the team dey coach never show any improvement, that ent the point, the fact is, he went WC and did coach them....

i just on kicks...but on ah serious note, - I doubt anyone here in a position of who would be the best coach for TT at present, especially when we won't have a meaningful Game for 2-3 years, thus the type of coach required now, has more to do with development, organization and technical scouting, than actual team selection and training (including mindset as well as technical)- but I have been wrong before

:beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2011, 07:32:40 PM »
Just cool dont be an idiot! No local coach has surpassed what he has done. Look at the oldmsn they bring here  and he couldn't even take us past the first round! We have Anton failing  in every   tournament for years now and he is still a permanent fixture!  While his father who has never had any success as a coach only as a critic operating behind the scenes Making decisions on our football ! Talk about that biggest travesty right now!  seem to be a hater! Poor you!
That's bc these morons didn't give the man ah single warm up game and we jumped in the qualifying cold turkey. how yuh expect the coach to do good with players he don't even know. but i guess no matter how much i say that, it's like it keeps flying over allyuh head!   :frustrated:

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2011, 08:35:54 PM »
well said maxg . long time breds .. am with yuh on that ,  doh mind some ah de  the critics , who only see the man name on paper alone ... i know him the man  himself as well ..he;s serious . ,intelligent &. a bright yet  humble man  .., without doubt someone who care;s about trini football , ...... i emphasize genuinely cares .. so am with u on that maxg... ah think yuh know who  this ...  just think antilles <<< and >>>>salt nah<<  lol yuh belmont breds here lol how yuh doing?????? i endorse yuh saying  max!!!!

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2011, 10:57:38 PM »

Fuh me yuh almost spot on. I have no choice but to agree wid yuh on most factors
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2011, 10:51:10 AM »
Them Guyanese and dem who worried about us replacing Otto Pfister with Shabazz if Pfister's contract isn't renewed at the end of December need to have a look at this poll and realise they have little to worry about! 8)

Offline Guyanese-Baller

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2011, 11:31:38 AM »
Them Guyanese and dem who worried about us replacing Otto Pfister with Shabazz if Pfister's contract isn't renewed at the end of December need to have a look at this poll and realise they have little to worry about!

Nice poll. We'll take Shabazz any day of the week and for as long as we could have him.

Respect and blessings!
GB

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2011, 12:12:19 PM »

Until he punches Landon Donovon and curse out Klinsmann.

I cool with that

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2011, 07:27:03 PM »
Who is the best person to run TTFF should be the question. Coaches are a dime a dozen. Coaching in not our problem. The admin is we achilles heal.

I know many of us on this forum are a bit indifferent to Alvin. But he did coach the 1974 yute team to a 3rd place finish in Toronto. Actually we could have been in the finals for that tournament by the luck of a pick. The groupings were set up badly. There were
3 teams for the semi finals. TT, Mex and Cuba. The organizing committee picked a straw vote and the result was Mex went to the final and Cuba and TT had to play to meet Mex. We played our best game but unfortunately fell to Cuba on 2 soft goals. mex easily beat Cuba 2-0. in the pelim. round, we tied 0-0 with Mex. the only point they dropped in the tournament. Hugo Sanchez was the MVP of that tournament. By the way Alvin was the first person from the Caribbean to get the FA badge in coaching.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 08:55:43 PM by Deeks »

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2011, 06:38:55 AM »
Deeks if this is so  why does not he coach? Instead he is manipulating behind the scenes for his son! Remember after criticizing every step of the 1990 campaign he took over after Gally was dismissed and he was an abysmal failure! Corneal is one of the most dangerous obstacles in the progress of T&T football at this time! I have not heard a negative word on this campaign and it was so disgraceful ! Not even past the preliminary round!Those who have eyes let them see!

1]; } ?>