March 29, 2024, 02:26:24 AM

Author Topic: Robin Gibb said to have liver cancer  (Read 2393 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Robin Gibb said to have liver cancer
« on: November 21, 2011, 12:09:33 PM »
LONDON, Nov. 20 (UPI) -- Musician Robin Gibb, member of the writing, singing, producing trio the Bee Gees, has liver cancer, a family friend said.

"Robin is not good and there is a lot of concern for him," said a friend wishing to remain anonymous.

"There is frustration because Robin has always looked after himself. He doesn't drink, eats well and exercises daily," Britain's The Sunday Mirror reported the friend said.

Gibb, 61, was diagnosed months ago and was rushed from his home in Thame, Oxfordshire, to John Radcliffe Hospital where he was treated for abdominal pain and inflammation of the colon, Gibb's Web site said.

He looked frail when making an appearance on Britain's "The Alan Titchmarsh Show," and spoke of being reunited with his late brother and fellow Bee Gee, Maurice, who died at 53 in 2003 of cardiac arrest prior to emergency surgery for an intestinal blockage, onTheRedCarpet.com reported.

"I just imagine he is out there somewhere and I will bump into him one day," Britain's The Sunday Telegraph reported Gibb as saying.

Andy Gibb, the youngest of the siblings and not a member of the Bee Gees but a successful solo artist, was 30 when he died in 1988 following years of alcohol and cocaine abuse.

Barry Gibb, his wife, Linda and the brothers' mother, Barbara have flown from their homes in Miami, Fla., back to Britain to be with Robin and his wife, Dwina, The Sunday Mirror reported

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
Re: Robin Gibb said to have liver cancer
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 04:28:24 PM »
"Staying Alive" takes on new meaning.   >:(

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SKdVq_vNAAI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SKdVq_vNAAI</a>
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 09:34:55 AM »
"Staying Alive" takes on new meaning.   >:(

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SKdVq_vNAAI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SKdVq_vNAAI</a>
pecan man sick u makin joke.....buh yuh make me laugh doh.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 07:00:31 PM »
Up to last week I arguing with my neighbor who is British about who's the best music group to ever come out of UK. He said Beatles, I said Bee Gees. Then a young fella bawl out Culture Club. He get cuss!!

Anyway we at a stand still! >:(

My favorite songs: Fanny, Too much heaven, Love You Inside and Out.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 09:10:21 PM »
i actually prefer the early Bee Gees material

example:

"To Love Somebody"
"How can you mend a broken heart"
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 09:38:09 PM »
Up to last week I arguing with my neighbor who is British about who's the best music group to ever come out of UK. He said Beatles, I said Bee Gees. Then a young fella bawl out Culture Club. He get cuss!!

iron maiden.

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 11:47:02 PM »

There is no way the Bee Gees can close to the Beatles, not even in the same universe!

That said they are not in the top 10 bands from the UK?Australia either!

The Who, Led Zepellin, Beatles, Pink Floyd, Queen!!, U2, Rolling Stones, Black Sabbath, The Police...wey de Bee Gees coming in Cana?  Nah not even close, and whappen to Fleetwood Mac, Oasis...nah dey eh even close!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 02:55:24 AM »
i actually prefer the early Bee Gees material

example:

"To Love Somebody"
"How can you mend a broken heart"

Bee Gees did personify the 70s. Remember playing the records, think they were 75s. NO CD in dem days.  :)

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 09:18:37 AM »

they where good friends eh back in the sixties .Now i do like some beatles but I think its the brothers gib myself .To bad they agreed to give there new record to some guys from hollywood who needed a soundtrack for there new movie Saturday night fever .
They had to let other ppl sing there songs after that disco fiasco .Barry made Barbara Straisand ,Andy Diane Warwick big hits.
right there with the beatles.
MAYBE best ever singer song writers .
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 02:00:16 PM by Quags »

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 10:06:52 PM »

they where good friends eh back in the sixties .Now i do like some beatles but I think its the brothers gib myself .To bad they agreed to give there new record to some guys from hollywood who needed a soundtrack for there new movie Saturday night fever .
They had to let other ppl sing there songs after that disco fiasco .Barry made Barbara Straisand ,Andy Diane Warwick big hits.

You on crack...dem fellas cyar top de top ten bands that emerged from England...NOT in a million years!

And yuh making it sound as if dem write songs for others, people sing over dey music and had bigger successes with their songs,  not saying dey wasn't good eh, but others much more iconic dan dem
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 10:12:28 PM by truetrini »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 09:50:43 AM »

You on crack...dem fellas cyar top de top ten bands that emerged from England...NOT in a million years!

And yuh making it sound as if dem write songs for others, people sing over dey music and had bigger successes with their songs,  not saying dey wasn't good eh, but others much more iconic dan dem

i did a search on they songs ,do you beleive they have recorded 994 songs ! was going to copy and paste them but it would take the entire page . None of those band are as prolific .
http://www.beegees.dk/brmlist.htm

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 02:18:26 PM »

There is no way the Bee Gees can close to the Beatles, not even in the same universe!

That said they are not in the top 10 bands from the UK?Australia either!

The Who, Led Zepellin, Beatles, Pink Floyd, Queen!!, U2, Rolling Stones, Black Sabbath, The Police...wey de Bee Gees coming in Cana?  Nah not even close, and whappen to Fleetwood Mac, Oasis...nah dey eh even close!

tt no way de police coming ahead of de bee gees. come on man!

but eh, UK have REAL bands oui. dat list need some new wave acts too. talking heads. and some david bowie.

quags - 994 songs ?!?!?!?!  dat is insane.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2011, 05:17:36 PM »
iron freakin maiden,best export of UK.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 08:15:31 PM »
iron freakin maiden,best export of UK.

TRUE DAT DREAD^^^  :beermug: :beermug:

other than that, allyuh argument doh make sense cause Beegees is Austrialian not british
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

1]; } ?>