May 01, 2024, 10:57:17 AM

Author Topic: Daren Ganga resigns as T&T captain  (Read 2198 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Daren Ganga resigns as T&T captain
« on: November 12, 2011, 06:03:36 PM »
Headline news...
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Daren Ganga resigns as T&T captain
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 08:52:25 PM »
GR8 he can now spend all his time in politics.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 09:58:52 AM »
Thank you Daren!  You did  your job and we appeeciate that unlike other leaders, you did not wait to be unceremoniously pushed.  You decided to give up the position graciously!  I admire someone who analyzes the situation and take responsibility.  Now let's turn the page and start developing again with a young captain.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 11:08:03 AM »
One of the best captains in the Caribbean and maybe the best TT has ever had,he was badly used by the West Indies as an opener and really introduced to test cricket at the wrong time(too young),he never really recovered from that early introduction.If Ganga was properly managed he could easily have been one of the best middle order bat in the Caribbean but we expect that from Windian selectors in TT especially.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 12:06:34 PM »
One of the best captains in the Caribbean and maybe the best TT has ever had,he was badly used by the West Indies as an opener and really introduced to test cricket at the wrong time(too young),he never really recovered from that early introduction.If Ganga was properly managed he could easily have been one of the best middle order bat in the Caribbean but we expect that from Windian selectors in TT especially.

true!
All the best Ganga.... :beermug:
whey boy!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 06:54:40 AM »

true!
All the best Ganga.... :beermug:

Frico, I can't disagree with you there at all.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 01:19:47 PM »
Darren may have been introduced young but he was given numerous chances to bounce back.

Undoubtedy an astute cricketing mind.

Darren Ganga - a class act. I see a bright future for him in administration or politics.

Best of luck DG.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 01:55:17 PM »
Darren may have been introduced young but he was given numerous chances to bounce back.

Undoubtedy an astute cricketing mind.

Darren Ganga - a class act. I see a bright future for him in administration or politics.

Best of luck DG.

VB

Indeed, VB  :beermug:

However, although Daren has resigned the captaincy, he hasn't retired from the game and has declared himself available for selection. Question is, is he capable of being selected solely as a batsman based on his current form? If he is selected, would his presence on the field undermine Ramdin's authoity as captain?

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 03:16:24 PM »
This is a totally different thread from Ganga,I was looking at Pakistan recently play SL and they seem to pick a fast bowler at will.Just think that they have lost undoubtedly the best fb in test but can still come up with people just as good.They have now called up a 23 year old who is at present the fastest bowler in Pakistan.I would like to ask the question,why cant we produce these types as we once did,admittedly we in TT didn't but the Yardies and Bajans always did,is a change of diet or is it that our boys are not interested anymore.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 06:45:40 PM »
This is a totally different thread from Ganga,I was looking at Pakistan recently play SL and they seem to pick a fast bowler at will.Just think that they have lost undoubtedly the best fb in test but can still come up with people just as good.They have now called up a 23 year old who is at present the fastest bowler in Pakistan.I would like to ask the question,why cant we produce these types as we once did,admittedly we in TT didn't but the Yardies and Bajans always did,is a change of diet or is it that our boys are not interested anymore.
yep pak develop a legacy ,and maybe recruit and groom potencial talent .plus they have millions of ppl .

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 03:05:56 AM »
Quags:
I understand what you are saying but not being capable of putting a proper system in place is a bad reflection on the whole of the Caribbean.TT and Jamaica have been independent for about 50 or more years and yet we haven't created our own identity,the rest have also been independent for many years.Pakistan is still a feudal country and have been politically un-stable from the year dot and yet they can have a system in place.I get the feeling that all people in power care about is money but not the responsibility,ah notice a woman in TT was earning millions a month,now tell me, who is worth that kind ah shyte, and the woman say they owe she more,what a bloody larff.

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 10:12:22 AM »
who will captained when ramdin on WI duty  like in the 4 days
football in meh veins football in meh blood

1]; } ?>