April 25, 2024, 02:29:54 AM

Author Topic: TTFF recall Shabazz from Guyana (to replace Otto?)  (Read 9666 times)

Offline Guyanese-Baller

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFF recall Shabazz from Guyana (to replace Otto?)
« on: November 23, 2011, 05:20:05 AM »
Respect

I just saw this story. Your coach has been sent on leave. Shabazz is recalled. Contract is up. Apparently it  was only for 3 months. The TTFF must have known that during that time he would be leading a team against TT during the group stages and that if the teams succeeds in getting by TT that team will need him (unless they felt that he would coach Guyana to lose against TT or they really underestimated the opposition from Guyana and Bermuda). Now that is the case and hopefully they extend it and don't keep him to replace Otto now or coach the womens team while he has a team to prepare for World Cup matches. The timing and manner of the recall just looks bad, at least they could have all talked about it (GFF,TTFF and Shabazz) and decided on it before the announcement of the recall. Imagine if this had happened to Trinidad, what would you say? how would you feel? We fought on the pitch already we don't need fighting now.

Hopefully good sense will prevail on all sides and the TTFF will show the world why Trinis are professional and not petty people who can deal with losses without losing their heads, who have a heart, who can empathise with the Guyanese people at this historic time for us and to also show that Trinis are not malicious, vengeful and spiteful. In other words, lets settle this quickly please.

Respect and blessings!
GB

Here is the story from one press report

Golden Jaguars head coach Shabazz expected to return to TTFF post         
Written by Joe Chapman      
Wednesday, 23 November 2011 00:35

foreign coach Otto Pfister sent on leave

THE Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) has sent its foreign head coach Otto Pfister on leave even though his contract ends on December 31, for what they have termed official leave; and consequently has recalled the services of Guyana’s head coach, Trinidadian Jamal Shabazz from his loan agreement with the Guyana Football Federation (GFF) according to the Trinidad Express newspaper  recently.

Ironically, it was Trinidadian Shabazz who was instrumental in Guyana’s ousting of the Twin Island Republic from advancing in the Brazil 2014 World Cup, as the Guyanese secured a berth to the third round for the first time ever; and the earth-shattering result for the Trinidadians seems to have taken its toll on the administration of the sport in that country.

That report out of Trinidad and Tobago understandably made it clear and emphatic: "His loan with Guyana is now at an end and he (Shabazz) is expected in the next few days to return to his post with the TTFF. Should he be required again, the TTFF will have to deal with that."

The president of the Guyana Football Federation (ag), Franklyn Wilson, on this apparent new development yesterday morning, said, “Shabazz did not tell us anything. We were in communication up to yesterday.”
When asked if Shabazz was under contract with the GFF, Wilson said, “yes!” but maintained: “I don’t know if they have withdrawn the man, So, I can’t deal with speculation. Shabazz didn’t say that to us.”
Shabazz’s first stint with Guyana’s senior men’s team now popularly known as the Golden Jaguars was from 2005 to 2007, when he took Guyana to its best ever showing in terms of ranking with FIFA, and he returned this year for his second stint.

Meanwhile, Kashif Muhammad, one half of the Kashif and Shanghai duo who first introduced Shabazz to the federation commented, “I heard something like that was mentioned, Jamal didn’t tell me anything about that.”

According to Muhammad: “Last night Jamal and I spoke and our plans continue just as usual. They can’t pull Jamal. He is the GFF’s National Coach.

And when contacted yesterday afternoon Shabazz from his base in Trinidad and Tobago told Chronicle Sport he will be meeting with the TTFF.  He said, “We have a meeting and by tomorrow (Wednesday) then I will be able to speak on the matter.”

He continued that the TTFF has made a statement and he acknowledged that he was on loan for three months with the Guyana Football Federation”

In assessing the progress made Shabazz said “I feel nobody (except) the players perhaps, expected us to reach this far, the third round of the World Cup and I think that is why it was a three-month loan agreement.” He said that this was the second occasion for which he was working with the GFF and he was loud in praise of the staff he has and the effort of all concerned.

He was however critical of those who continue to try to divide and disrupt the progress being made based on what they want from the sport.

At the moment it is anybody’s guess whether Pfister will return to Trinidad and Tobago as it is uncertain if, as the Express describes it: “The loan spell for Trinidadian Jamal Shabazz as Guyana head coach has ended”.

That report also stated “Whether he returns to the Golden Jaguars when they continue the 2014 World Cup qualifying campaign next year is also to be determined by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) in due course,” attributing remarks by Lennox Watson, the acting president of the TTFF in his inaugural address.

Watson was speaking at a breakfast meeting at Jaffa Restaurant, Queen's Park Oval, Port of Spain as he replaces Oliver Camps who recently resigned. He will perform duties as president until the TTFF calls a special congress in a few months' time to appoint a permanent successor to Camps.
The report made by Watson said, "Our senior technical staff and Mr (Otto) Pfister's contract comes to an end in December. These contracts will be reviewed and a team put in place which allows us to move forward. Coach Pfister, meantime, proceeds on his leave."

The Express report noted Watson saying “the TTFF had also received many calls concerning the standing of former Trinidad and Tobago Women’s Coach Shabazz, who coached Guyana as they qualified for the CONCACAF third round of World Cup qualifying at the expense of Trinidad and Tobago, whom they beat 2-1 at the Providence National Stadium in Guyana last Friday, rendering the Soca Warriors 2-0 victory in the return match meaningless.”

Watson weighed in by adding, "Mr. Shabazz is an employee of the TTFF in the capacity of Assistant Director of Women's football. The Guyana Football Federation (GFF) approached the TTFF Mr Shabazz to serve on a loan as Guyana’s National Coach. The TTFF released Mr Shabazz and today we congratulate him on a good job done.”

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF recall Shabazz from Guyana (to replace Otto?)
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 05:40:55 AM »
Stop panicking  :yawning: ... we do not want shabazz (even if we still had a side). I'm sure requesting him back will just be a formality.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 07:06:58 AM »
We know TTFF are a bunch of dummies but they are not so dumb.... hopefully.... to deny Shabazz and Guyana their World Cup journey.No need to panick.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 07:08:29 AM by royal »

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 07:58:45 AM »
I assuming that he was on loan and not full-time employed by the GFF, so in that instance,
1) The TTFF underestimated that Guyana would actually be a problem for the Warriors
2) In many loan deals for players, one of the stipulations is that the player not feature if the 2 teams meet. The TTFF should have done this, debarring him from being involved directly with the T&T games. Hopefully they will learn this moving forward.
3) The TTFF has all right to recall Shabbaz after the loan agreement is up, really dont matter if Guyana looks at him as a hero or a Godsend, the TTFF are the ultimate owners of his services and pays his salary. We are not privy to the the plans they have for him coming up. If there are concrete plans, it should be a non-issue, he should be recalled to Trinidad. If however there are no plans (which will be impossible as Guyana will be involved in preparation and playing games most of 2012), then by all means let him go back.

Realistically, Shabaaz should be recalled, as he has proven he is an asset for the women's programme, and our programme is  more important than any Golden Jaguars or Tigers or whatever their ambitions are.
They could cry vindictiveness all they want, this is the modern game and the way it is administered. I am not surprised there is confusion - an incompetent TTFF and a grossly inexperienced Guyana Federation, no wonder everybody confused.

Easy way to solve all this problem - If Guyana really want him, make him an offer to be their full time coach so he can have an option to leave the TTFF...No brainer there.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 10:50:45 AM »
Easy way to solve all this problem - If Guyana really want him, make him an offer to be their full time coach so he can have an option to leave the TTFF...No brainer there.

Co-sign.

Offline Guyanese-Baller

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 11:07:48 AM »

Agreed. Its shambles but no panic here at all its just that they could have worked it out before instead of making it like a reaction kinda 'recall'.

Got some info which maybe they will confirm/deny/clarify. He is currently paid by GFF. They already tried to do this full time coach thing but was not successful. Apparently (as you rightly said) TT needs him more. If so, no problem we will just have to find another 'local' to take his place.

Respect and blessings!
GB

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 11:21:34 AM »
Shabbazz is under contract wid TTFF. he was loaned to Guyana .  Guyana beat TNT Not Shabazz.. Having shabazz coach TNT is going way back .. way way back.. You guys can have him.. The problem is we cant afford to pay otto 50 thousand U.S a mnth to sit and do nothing...
One note Are you guys in the hunt for more foreign born players , if so you guys should look in places like Holland where I heard there is a lot of players with  Guyanes link there. Some foreign born good players can help you guys in the next rounds.. Good luck and wish you guys the best.. I believe you guys can get the better of elsalvador and gave CR a scare  but its gonna be rough.. Good luck

Warmonga
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 11:27:23 AM by warmonga »
Black Lives Matter..

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 11:24:12 AM »
TTFF may be well within their rights but it still seems like a petulant, childish thing to do.  Its like a father whose son beats him in sports for the first time and he can't accept it so hes angry at the son.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 11:57:26 AM »
Plus the TTFF cant even spell "Loan"
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011, 12:20:30 PM »
If this is true this will be one of the most disgusting thing they have ever done. We're out .....get over it.
And Jamal may be Guyana Caliber but he's not Trinidad and Tobago Men's Senior Team Caliber. Do we know what they will do in the next round. They acting like Guyana reach the world cup of something. Let them borrow the coach and help them develop their football. So what if we have harder games, it will just make the team more prepared for out tougher opposition.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 12:33:25 PM »
If this is true this will be one of the most disgusting thing they have ever done. We're out .....get over it.
And Jamal may be Guyana Caliber but he's not Trinidad and Tobago Men's Senior Team Caliber. Do we know what they will do in the next round. They acting like Guyana reach the world cup of something. Let them borrow the coach and help them develop their football. So what if we have harder games, it will just make the team more prepared for out tougher opposition.

'Jamal may be Guyana Caliber but he's not Trinidad and Tobago Men's Senior Team Caliber.'   he just coached guyana into the next round over us and we couldnt make it ... give yuh own local coach a lil more credit than that and your national team calibre a lil less ... you seem to have things a little back to front lol

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 02:18:18 PM »
This whole thing is a farce.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2011, 02:50:26 PM »
This whole thing is a farce.

...of shakesperean proportions

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2011, 04:14:42 PM »
Let Shabazz finish his wcq with Guyana nuh? Steups...so amateurish
Hart for president

Offline Guyanese-Baller

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2011, 05:12:11 PM »
One note Are you guys in the hunt for more foreign born players , if so you guys should look in places like Holland where I heard there is a lot of players with  Guyanes link there. Some foreign born good players can help you guys in the next rounds.. Good luck and wish you guys the best.. I believe you guys can get the better of elsalvador and gave CR a scare  but its gonna be rough.. Good luck

I've only heard about Dwayne DeRosario (who plays for Canada) and Jerome Thomas (not sure) but never heard of anyone from the Dutch league or other parts of Europe although I would not be surprised. Hopefully they contact the GFF.

One brother told me Florent Maluda was Guyanese, and always talks about missing his home in 'Guyana' but I checked it out, turns out he is from French 'Guiana'.

Respect and blessings!
GB

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 05:42:06 PM »
not cuz he win d match u hiring him wow!!!

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 06:11:25 PM »
Childish games if if we cant go you cant. grow up not like they going and give otto's  job
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2011, 02:26:02 AM »

'Jamal may be Guyana Caliber but he's not Trinidad and Tobago Men's Senior Team Caliber.'   he just coached guyana into the next round over us and we couldnt make it ... give yuh own local coach a lil more credit than that and your national team calibre a lil less ... you seem to have things a little back to front lol

But lets see how he manages in the next round. He might know how to beat Trinidad (because he knows us well), lets see what he can do against Costa Rica and other Central American countries and if by some miracle they make it to the hex, lets see how they deal with USA and Mexico nah. Our coaches need to be able to get a result against Mexico, Costa Rica and Guatemala at home. Can Jamal do that.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2011, 02:49:58 AM »

Co-sign.

They didn't bother to mention who actually PAYS Shabazz's salary. I'm sure it's the TTFF. If the GFF like him so much, then offer him a full time job and PAY him. Did they really expect the TTFF to pay their coach's salary indefinitely??

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2011, 06:59:47 AM »

Co-sign.

They didn't bother to mention who actually PAYS Shabazz's salary. I'm sure it's the TTFF. If the GFF like him so much, then offer him a full time job and PAY him. Did they really expect the TTFF to pay their coach's salary indefinitely??

VB

So you are saying the TTFF pays the salary of the coach that knocked TT out of the world cup? so who pays for housing, car, etc on the ground in Guyana? is it the TTFF that does this too? Seems to me that TTFF is not as broke as people here make tem out to be if all this is true.  Didnt the team manager recently stated that he hasnt been paid a slary for over 6 months? I suppose his salry was being used to pay Shabbaz  ::)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2011, 09:39:43 AM »

Co-sign.

VB

In club football the club that takes the player on loan pays the salary.  I seriously doubt Guyana got him for free.  That seems way too benevolent for the TTFF that I know.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2011, 10:57:02 AM »

Co-sign.

VB

In club football the club that takes the player on loan pays the salary.  I seriously doubt Guyana got him for free.  That seems way too benevolent for the TTFF that I know.
Here is a man using his brain that God gave him!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2011, 09:49:50 AM »

Co-sign.

VB

Here is a man using his brain that God gave him!  :beermug:

This is not  club football.

When he coached them at the CFU tournament in TT a few years ago. The Guyanese/TT press both said he was on loan and being paid for by the TTFF (Warner).

As you guys may know Warner had throw a few tit bits the way of the CFU countries - basic politics.
(That last sentence was my own intepretation of why a FUKD UP organization like the TTFF (Warner) would pay Guyana's bills.).

Now JW is no longer there. So maybe the TTFF extended its benevolency. Or is it possible that JW still pullin strings.

Quite frankly I don't care if the TTFF pay Alex Ferguson's bills for dem, Guyana should NEVER beat us.

VB

Offline Baller4life

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Jamaal Shabazz on the rise.
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2011, 01:39:49 PM »

A new beginning for Guyana

(FIFA.com <http://FIFA.com> ) Thursday 24 November 2011

A new beginning for Guyana <http://www.fifa.com/mm//Photo/Tournament/Competition/01/54/70/23/1547023_FULL-LND.jpg>
"We came from all over the world," enthused Leon Cort <http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/statisticsandrecords/players/player%3d349957/index.html> about Guyana <http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/nccamerica/teams/team%3d43907/index.html> 's Golden Jaguars, the national team he's captained to unprecedented success in recent months. "From England, from Canada, Suriname, the USA, Trinidad, Antigua, Puerto Rico - we're coming from everywhere!"

Guyana <http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/nccamerica/teams/team%3d43907/index.html> is plagued by massive waves of emigration; the tiny, underdeveloped country's population grows smaller every year. But the sons and grandsons of those who fled are returning, and are making a big impact on the football pitch.

There are six players in the team from the various tiers of England's professional football leagues. "We bring experience and organisation from the Premier League, League One and Two," said Ricky Shakes <http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/statisticsandrecords/players/player%3d349908/index.html> , the 26-year-old winger who plays his club football for Ebbsfleet United. Captain Cort, 32, is on loan from Burnley at Charlton Athletic - and his older brother Carl is a former EPL standout with Wimbledon and Newcastle. 
A football blend
A handful in the side are native-born Guyanese, but many were born in Canada, USA, England and various ports in the Caribbean. "It's a blend of football flavours," added Shakes, the speedy wide man who scored two of Guyana <http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/nccamerica/teams/team%3d43907/index.html> 's goals in Brazil 2014 qualifying so far. "The cultures and styles seem to blend."

There is another foreign influence guiding Guyana <http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/nccamerica/teams/team%3d43907/index.html> , a side devoid of any real international pedigree. "He is an organised man," said Brixton-born Shakes about coach and Trinidad native Jamaal Shabazz. "He comes up with the patterns and we adjust to them." Cort is quick to claim the coach as a major factor in the side's triumphant run in the region's second round of qualifying. "He's brought a real discipline, a European ethic, to the team."

<http://www.fifa.com/imgml/icons/quote.gif>
We'll be up against some of the top players in the world, like Chicharito [Mexico and Manchester United's Javier Hernandez] at the famous Azteca stadium, and Costa Rica just tied world champions Spain in a friendly. <http://www.fifa.com/imgml/icons/quote_reverse.gif>
Ricky Shakes on Guyana's coming tests

"We might not have the talent of some of the region's big guns," the coach said. "But we believe in ourselves and work hard on being organised, professional and disciplined."

A former British colony, Guyana <http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/nccamerica/teams/team%3d43907/index.html> is a dense tangle of jungle in the north-east corner of South America. Due to its small size and long-standing cultural ties to the Caribbean, they play their football in the CONCACAF zone. "Guyana <http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/nccamerica/teams/team%3d43907/index.html> 's footballing roots are somewhere between South America and the Caribbean," said Shabazz, who now has the double-edged pleasure of taking on the likes of Costa Rica and mighty Mexico in the next round.

Conquering hardship, Trinidad
There are precious few direct flights to the capital of Georgetown, making travel to the country, from any port, a complicated affair. "It's tough to get any national team to gel, to understand each other on the field" said Cort to FIFA.com. "And here, with all the travel and the guys coming in from so far, and having to get used to the heat, we had a big job to do."

Over the last few months, Guyana <http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/nccamerica/teams/team%3d43907/index.html> have electrified the New World football scene, a run of four wins from six booking their place in the penultimate round of qualifying. It all culminated in an historic game. "Everyone thought Trinidad would stroll to first place," said Cort of the T&T side, led by Premier League sensation Kenwyne Jones and tipped for an easy ride in a group that also contained Bermuda and Barbados. "People thought we were there just to make up the numbers," added Cort, a long way from his birthplace in south London.

A 2-1 win put Guyana <http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/nccamerica/teams/team%3d43907/index.html> through and T&T out in front of a capacity crowd at the National Cricket Stadium in Georgetown. Cort and Shakes scored the goals on that momentous night.

"We knew what was at stake, and we were at home," said Shakes who, along with Cort, was playing his first game in Georgetown. "If we won, we'd put it to bed." Cort picked up the story: "T&T's coach [Otto Pfister] put only one striker out, he was playing for the draw. So since they invited us to go forward, we bombarded them."

Mexico, Costa Rica await
The final whistle triggered wild celebrations. "Before the game, the atmosphere was incredible," remembered Shakes. "The passion, the atmosphere was so special even before the game. When the whistle finally went, it just increased by three," added Cort, a seasoned pro unable to resist the cheerful call of his ancestral home. "It really meant something to walk off winners that night."

For Guyana <http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/nccamerica/teams/team%3d43907/index.html> 's Golden Jaguars, the dream continues. Their recent fortunes have landed them in a ferocious group in the next stage, alongside CONCACAF champions Mexico, three-time FIFA World CupT participants Costa Rica and El Salvador, winner of all six of their qualifiers to date. "We'll be up against some of the top players in the world, like Chicharito [Mexico and Manchester United's Javier Hernandez] at the famous Azteca stadium, and Costa Rica just tied world champions Spain in a friendly," concluded Shakes, before calm captain Cort has the final word on what seems another mission impossible.

"If we don't think we can win, we might as well pack it in now," he said. "We're a small country, but we believe

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaal Shabazz on the rise.
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2011, 02:55:12 PM »
Fack shabbaz, he's ah serious c@nt and ah traitor. get rid ASAP!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2011, 07:32:23 AM »

Really?

I thought he was a professional who got the job done against tremendous odds.
A man who reached as far as he could in TT and took a half a chance from Guyana, an economically impoverished country with no football legacy and at times no money to feed or pay their players and after all of that against the odds, he embarassed Trinidad with their Pros and big time German Coach.

Sadly ... I must say well done Shabazz. You've shown that football in TT is not a total embarassment and an international joke.

Glad to see you getting your props from the UK based players.

VB

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2011, 11:41:04 PM »

Really?

A man who reached as far as he could in TT and took a half a chance from Guyana, an economically impoverished country with no football legacy and at times no money to feed or pay their players and after all of that against the odds, he embarassed Trinidad with their Pros and big time German Coach.

Sadly ... I must say well done Shabazz. You've shown that football in TT is not a total embarassment and an international joke.

VB
Lets see how good and competent he is when he meet real tactical hungry and able opponents. lemme see how he do wid dem spanish.  :waiting:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2011, 12:53:01 AM »

Really?

VB
Lets see how good and competent he is when he meet real tactical hungry and able opponents. lemme see how he do wid dem spanish.  :waiting:

One thing is for sure even if Shabazz is unable to get Guyana out of the 3rd round and into the Hex!
Shabazz has already proven that he is a better strategist than your so-called superior foreign coach in my book!!

And I don't care what Otto has done in the past, as it is quite possible that he could be now pass his best!
What matters is that Shabazz did a better job for Guyana than Otto did for T&T in that that 2nd round and he was not even on a quarter of Otto's salary to make matters worse!!

And btw I've noticed that you have been talking a lot of inaccurate stuff about that game in Guyana that we lost!

I paid my $5US and saw that crucial game live on PPV and I can tell you that Guyana did not park the bus and hit us on the counter as you've been arguing in Pfister’s defence for losing that game ! That's a blatant lie and if you actually saw the whole game you will know it!!

Ricky Shakes quote:
"We knew what was at stake, and we were at home," said Shakes who, along with Cort, was playing his first game in Georgetown. "If we won, we'd put it to bed." Cort picked up the story: "T&T's coach [Otto Pfister] put only one striker out, he was playing for the draw. So since they invited us to go forward, we bombarded them."

What Ricky Shakes said above about how the game transpired is much nearer the truth than what you have been trying to argue!

Guyana out played us, were mostly first to the ball and were clearly the hungrier and more inspired team on the day!

No bus was parked by Guyana for most of the game as you’ve been trying to falsely argue! T&T only scored that consolation goal in the last minute of the game when Guyana were 2-0 up & had already let their foot off the gas in the knowledge that they knew they had the win in the bag and we were well and truly beaten!! That goal was too little too late and Guyana partly allowed it by taking their foot off the gas in the last few minutes of the game when they knew they had the win in the bag!

Let’s give Shabazz his jacket, he definitely out coached Pfister in that game that mattered most!
T&T winning the return game at home when Shabazz was no longer bothered and fielded a weaken Guyana team because they were already thru to the 3rd round proves nothing about Pfister’s superior pedigree as a coach in my book!! Yes Pfister might be a more experienced international coach than Shabazz but he let a less experienced coach school him and has lost some serious stripes for that in my book!

And don’t waste time coming back at me on this one because you can't win this argument based on anything logical! You dealing with someone who saw the game live so I won't buy that BS argument about Guyana parking the bus!! You are making so much damn lame excuses for Pfister to the extent that it is becoming embarrassing! :-[ You need to examine yuhself on this one!!

Give Shabazz his jacket, and stop trying to discredit him just to cover up for the short comings of your foreign coach!!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 01:21:16 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2011, 04:47:03 AM »
Just to add some perspective here....although Shabazz has done a good job in this qualification, its far too early to say "Shabazz has already proven that he is a better strategist than your so-called superior foreign coach in my book"

Tactically, on the day, Shabazz got it right. However, it would have been entirely feasible to witness exactly the same match, but with Guyana only scoring once and the match ending 1-1. (I remember back in 1973, England just needed 1 goal vs Poland at Wembley to qualify for the 74 WC, and despite 90 minutes of pressure they just couldn't score!). So, if the result had been 1-1 everyone would have said Pfister was a tactical genius, achieving the classic away draw and home win.

Alternatively, if we had snuck a goal on the counter and then sat back and defended, Shabazz would have been slaughtered for his naive tactics.

Two weeks ago, Angus Eve was the next best thing, now people are questioning him after losing 5-2.

You can't look at an individual result and judge a coach, otherwise Ferguson, Wenger et al would have been sacked years ago. You can't compare Pfisters record with Shabazz, but if you really wanted to, then how do you justify Caledonia being bottom of the ProLeague? The best you could say is Shabazz is good at knockout football, which is why Cally won the First Citizens already.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2011, 05:22:48 AM »
Just to add some perspective here....although Shabazz has done a good job in this qualification, its far too early to say "Shabazz has already proven that he is a better strategist than your so-called superior foreign coach in my book"

Tactically, on the day, Shabazz got it right. However, it would have been entirely feasible to witness exactly the same match, but with Guyana only scoring once and the match ending 1-1. (I remember back in 1973, England just needed 1 goal vs Poland at Wembley to qualify for the 74 WC, and despite 90 minutes of pressure they just couldn't score!). So, if the result had been 1-1 everyone would have said Pfister was a tactical genius, achieving the classic away draw and home win.

Alternatively, if we had snuck a goal on the counter and then sat back and defended, Shabazz would have been slaughtered for his naive tactics.

Two weeks ago, Angus Eve was the next best thing, now people are questioning him after losing 5-2.

You can't look at an individual result and judge a coach, otherwise Ferguson, Wenger et al would have been sacked years ago. You can't compare Pfisters record with Shabazz, but if you really wanted to, then how do you justify Caledonia being bottom of the ProLeague? The best you could say is Shabazz is good at knockout football, which is why Cally won the First Citizens already.
Teach these dumb monkeys ah thing or two about football FS, bc sometimes i hate wid all my heart to engage some of these createns as far as football is concerned! God i'm tired of beating this same ole drum. i need ah fackin vacation!

shabbaz is ah sh!t coach! and mexico costa rica and el shitsnakedor will destroy him utterly!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 05:24:55 AM by just cool »

1]; } ?>