April 27, 2024, 12:13:00 PM

Author Topic: ASSASSINATION PLOT THREAD  (Read 16232 times)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ASSASSINATION PLOT THREAD
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2011, 08:12:47 PM »
So how the report get out?

Same way the rumour get out. It was leaked.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2011, 08:16:15 PM »
Where is the shake your head in dismay button?

Y we wanted change and we got it. I sit down and buckle up 4 d ride long time.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2011, 10:56:21 PM »
And a next ting.

When Trinidad and Tobago Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar gave Chávez a bottle of “holy water” from a sacred mountain in her country, he vowed to visit the site and take a swim.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/12/03/2530158_p2/latin-and-caribbean-leaders-forge.html#ixzz1fdJE9DDD

Chavez assured leaders he will survive cancer, reiterating that he underwent recent tests in Cuba after finishing chemotherapy and they found no "malignant cells in any part of my body, thanks to God."

Trinidad's prime minister gave Chavez a vial of what she described as holy water, and Chavez thanked her, saying "soon we will have a summit of those of us who've beaten cancer."

Read more: http://www.thestate.com/2011/12/02/2066818/chavez-new-regional-group-revives.html#ixzz1fdJLqcJQ
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2011, 02:25:48 AM »

Some think Caura river water does cure soberness
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2011, 07:12:26 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/HOME_FREE-135008743.html

SEVENTEEN men detained by police in connection with an alleged plot to assassinate Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar and three Government ministers will likely be released without charge as time runs out on investigators.

The State has until midnight, when the State of Emergency ends, to either charge the detainees or release them.

Sixteen of the detainees were served with detention orders signed by National Security Minister Brig John Sandy last week. The life of those orders will expire with the end of the State of Emergency.

The 17th suspect remained in custody at the Belmont Police Station up to last night.

Yesterday, reliable and confidential sources close to the investigation told the Express that they did not have sufficient evidence to charge the 17 detainees with any offences and they may be released later today.

One investigative source said even though the police have information linking some of the detainees to certain conversations, they did not have evidence to support the information that could lead to criminal charges.

Investigators, responding to criticisms that they moved too soon to arrest the men, said the arrests had in effect prevented any potential harm from being done.

Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley on Friday accused the Government of blowing the situation out of proportion and demanded that the detained men be immediately released.

Rowley disclosed that he had a copy of a security evaluation of the intelligence report which detailed the alleged assassination plot.

He said the document noted that no leaders were identified in the plot, and no linkage was established between the two groups who were supposed to be acting in concert to kill the PM and destabilise the country.

The security evaluation, a copy of which was received by the Sunday Express, dated November 23, stated the "chronological sequence of events was inconsistent".

Contacted yesterday on reports that the detainees are expected to be released because of no evidence to charge them, Attorney General Anand Ramlogan said he was not aware of such and the rule of law should take its course.

Ramlogan added if there is insufficient evidence against the men then they should be freed.

He said: "I have no reports (on that) but that will be a matter for the police. The police procedures will be that the police will confer and consult with the DPP in these matters in accordance with the usual and established procedures.

"The Government does not have a role to play in such matters as the police are mandated by law to investigate and the DPP to prosecute," he said.

"The rule of law must be respected and if there is insufficient evidence and charges cannot be laid (against he detainees) they must be freed and this is a matter for the judgment of the police and the DPP," Ramlogan added.

Deputy Commissioner of Police Mervyn Richardson, who has been spearheading the investigations, said he could not say for certain that the men will be released later today.

He said, "At this time I cannot say that now because I know what is happening at another front. I just got two telephone calls and I can't say that. But we continue to investigate as we speak. It's engaging the attention of a lot of people right now."

"If they are released, that isn't the end of the investigation and it doesn't mean that we cannot lay charges against anyone and at the appropriate time it will be done," Richardson said.

Director of Public Prosecutions Roger Gaspard maintained yesterday that the police investigating the alleged terror plot had not consulted him at any point in respect of filing any criminal charges.

A team of attorneys havebeen hired by the Government to advise the police in relation to the investigation and draft the detention orders.

Persad-Bissessar, speaking to reporters at the Executive Jet Centre of the Southern Terminal, Piarco after her return from Venezuela on Saturday said, should the police decide not to charge the detainees, the Government would observe and respect he rule of law.

The PM had attended the plenary session of the inaugural Community of Latin American and Caribbean States Summit (CELAC) in Caracas, Venezuela.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2011, 07:36:43 AM »

Yesterday, reliable and confidential sources close to the investigation told the Express that they did not have sufficient evidence to charge the 17 detainees with any offences and they may be released later today.

I don't know how much redress these men have after being served with  detention orders during an SoE but  I find this life changing. I waiting until the end of the day but it stands to reason that they would have been charged already if they did have something on them.

A team of attorneys have been hired by the Government to advise the police in relation to the investigation and draft the detention orders.
More of Anand's friends I suppose.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 07:39:41 AM by Jah Gol »

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2011, 01:05:43 PM »

Some think Caura river water does cure soberness
definitely not stupidity

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2011, 02:50:35 PM »
I don't know why the press keeps running to Anand on criminal matters... actually I do, because he keeps posturing as though he is the authority on criminal matters, or more accurately, matters pertaining to prosecuting crime and misconduct, when in fact that is Gaspard's purview.  No wonder Anand doh know what the law is.  Not that the local media are any the wiser.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2011, 10:02:08 PM »
No charges against the 17 persons held.

Monday, 05 December 2011

By Administrator
http://i955fm.com/news-blogs/news/3574-no-charges-agaist-the-17-persons-held.html

The police service is confirming, it cannot lay charges against any of the 17 persons held in connection with a reported plot to kill the prime minister and destablise trinidad and tobago.

At its daily news conference a short while ago, sgt Wayne Mystar said the men will be released.

Up to news time the director of public prosecutions still had no file before him, regarding the 12 persons detained under the emergency powers regulations.

The 12 are among the 17 persons held speaking with newscenter five earlier, DPP Roger Gaspard said he remains in the dark and has not yet been consulted. He said it is not necessarily a stipulation that the police should confer with a DPP before laying charges but given the events which unfolded in the courts during the state of emergency, it was recommended by many.

Over 200 persons charged under the anti gang act were allowed to walk free due to a lack of evidence. The government and the police faced severe criticisms as a result. Over the weekend prime minister Kamla Persad Bissessar said government cannot and should not get involved.

The 17 men held include sgt Earl Elie, businessman Khalil Karamath, muslim cleric ashmeed mohammed and Selwyn "Robocop" Alexis.

As the countdown to the end of the state of emergency continues, the police spokesman sgt mystar is saying there was success during the measure. The state of emergency was declared on august 21st. the prime minister last saturday said there will be no attempt on the part of her government to extend it.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 10:10:25 PM by Bitter »
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2011, 10:24:42 PM »
All 16 released
Published: Tue, 2011-12-06 21:27
Camille Clarke
http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2011/12/06/all-16-released

From left: Central businessman Selwyn “Robocop” Alexis leaves the Eastern Detention Correctional and Rehabilitation Centre, Santa Rosa, Arima, last night. Valsayn businessman Khalil Karamath got into a waiting vehicle shortly after his release. David “Buffy” Millard and an unidentified detainee leave the facility. Ashmeed Mohammed, right, leaves last night. Photos: Marcus Gonzales

Selwyn “Robocop” Alexis shouted “Freedom” as he and 14 other detainees were released from the Eastern Correction Facility in Santa Rosa Heights, Arima, last night. At approximately 7.15 pm, shouts of “Allah Ackbar” were heard from from outside the facility. As they left the detention centre, most of them kept their faces covered with T-shirts and ran to several vehicles waiting for them. Police Sergeant Earl Eli, who was kept at the Golden Grove Prison separately from the other inmates, also was freed.

David “Buffy” Millard was the first to leave the compound and expressed his concern over the allegations. “I am very happy to be free. There is absolutely no truth in that and let me say all praise to Allah and my family and Mr Hawks for giving me advice,” Millard said. Millard added he did not intend to take any legal action against the Government. Another detainee, who refused to give his name, said the allegations were lies. He said his name was published in newspapers and did not wish to speculate if it was a plot against the Muslim community.

Alexis claimed it was a plot hatched by a corrupt police officer. “Definitely, I will take legal action. There are certain officers that misled the Prime Minister. I support the Government. How I go kill them,” he added. He said terrorist allegations were false. “It was a total lie. I campaigned for Stephen Cadiz and I was in UNC long before Cadiz,” Alexis said, adding that he plans to spend time with his family.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2011, 06:48:35 AM »
I would be very interested to find the cost of the detentions/imprisonments of all of the people arrested during the SOE and released without charge.

It would also be nice to know the number of successful prosecutions during the same period.

The only good thing to come from the SOE in my opinion is that no government should ever make these same mistakes in the future. This is a blueprint for how not to operate an SOE. So we can say "at least the govt tried something different" but you have to wonder what they can do now to curb the rise in crime that will certainly follow.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2011, 06:54:59 AM »
I would be very interested to find the cost of the detentions/imprisonments of all of the people arrested during the SOE and released without charge.

It would also be nice to know the number of successful prosecutions during the same period.

The only good thing to come from the SOE in my opinion is that no government should ever make these same mistakes in the future. This is a blueprint for how not to operate an SOE. So we can say "at least the govt tried something different" but you have to wonder what they can do now to curb the rise in crime that will certainly follow.

I was just about to make the same comment. To expand on that ... even beyond the fiscal aspect of the venture, there are and there will be other costs.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2011, 11:20:46 AM »
In most other countries in the world, if something like this goes down, the press might not even hear about it.
I know for a fact here in the US, if you pick up your cell phone and call ANYONE ELSE and say certain specific words that are connected to terrorism, the US presidency, etc etc in one conversation, I can guarantee you a big black van will pull up outside your house, storm your place and detain you...
You will be held under special US legislature and your family won't even know what happen to you.
Your entire life will be surgically examined, every person you communicated with in the last few months will be checked out, and even if there is a sniff of something, you might be shipped off to God knows where, where the best of the best of the CIA/FBI/Mossad will have fun with you.

The point I am making is that any threat, whether its alleged or just a hint, must be investigated fully, because of the potential symbolic risk. We very lucky in T&T, cause we so small, and everbody know everybody, its very hard for a Govt to secretly round up people...

Its like now how you can't even say certain phrases while in the airport in the US, you will be reported and detained.

When the SOE started, we began to hear reports of gangsters being upset and were promising retaliation when they got out.
Add that to the picture they found of Kamla in Robocop's house, the large cache of arms in Valsayn last year, the radical Islamic link, and you have more than enough to at least warrant detailed investigation.

I am sure we the public are only privy to about 30% of all that is going on, its no secret the CIA has full time operations in Trinidad, hell its been even in the news that the Govt working together with them.

Now whether the threat is really as serious as it is being made out to be, the Govt has a duty to inform the population once (if) these men are charged by Monday. I will not be surprised if they are released, it seems we have some incompetent people in law enforcement, but with external help it may work.

I for one do not listen to any reports of family who say their people not involved in this, or its political in nature - most of the 9/11 suicide bombers' family spoke of how gentle and loving their people were.

I slightly skeptical on this whole issue, but I giving the Govt till Monday to inform us.

All the bad talk they badtalk the previous administration for bringing in all that Israeli spy equipment, its that same thing they using now for these threats...

Trinidad has had 2 uprisings in its past, we have been home to radical terrorists who threaten the western world, we have had attempts on a president's life, a former attorney general murdered. Whether we like it or not, there are things afoot in sweet T&T that we would not like to believe is reality.

Any govt of the day has the duty, right and hopefully the common sense to investigate these things properly, exactly as Robocop said in the press.
I remember Panday being threatened, I remember Manning as well, but both those issues quickly disappeared. Will this be any different?

We need some answers come Monday when either they are charged or released.

Actually no....once those codes words are triggered then a federal warrant to issue a wiretap would be requested...yes they can eavesdrop without one ...the wiretap would then be used to build a case against the person and what is subsequently done is that a matrix of all the calls incoming and outgoing is created to see what links there may be. It is not as easy as you state otherwise every republican in the south would be arrested for their hatred of President Obama.
The thing is that Federal attorneys operate within the scope of the law and they build their case off of that ...so that when a warrant is issued it states why and on what charges they are being served.
 However, what is interesting is that in TnT they are using the emergency powers of the SOE to detain people and then build a case. Logic would dictate that if these people were indeed plotting  against the Gov't then wouldn't the Ministry of National Security be the one who would build the case against them?  But given the rum shop type of governance we've been seeing in T&T it is not surprising that Martin Joseph, who should be front and center on this issue, has been unusually silent.

I think that is because he has long been removed from any primary post in this govt.  He is not really expected to comment on these matters.  I wondering if is not Brig John Sandy you really referring to  :thinking:
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2011, 07:48:30 PM »
Yep you are right he is the one I meant :)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2011, 10:37:45 PM »
I had to cross-post this one

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kb8MCDEdgD4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Kb8MCDEdgD4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2011, 06:02:45 AM »
I had to cross-post this one

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kb8MCDEdgD4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Kb8MCDEdgD4</a>

I think this PP government is trying to ensure that this song by Impulse becomes a massive hit!!  :-[
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2011, 06:05:16 AM »
WTF !!!  ;D

I cantr believe a whole SOE pass and is the first time I hearing this song.  I must be listening to the wrong stations jed.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2011, 11:29:59 AM »
WTF !!!  ;D

I cantr believe a whole SOE pass and is the first time I hearing this song.  I must be listening to the wrong stations jed.

apparently :)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2011, 01:06:54 PM »
So whappen to the plot?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2011, 05:12:35 PM »
So whappen to the plot?

Dey still plottin
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2011, 07:21:14 PM »

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2011, 10:56:32 AM »
So whappen to the plot?

Dey still plottin

sounds like dat could be a good name for a kaiso..

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2011, 01:29:50 PM »
Ah hear Robocop have some aces on members of the ruling party daiz why they locking him up all the time to try and search he properties to see if they could find it. They searching all he family house too. Don't know how true it is.

Weary you hear dat?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2011, 07:53:24 AM »
Ah hear Robocop have some aces on members of the ruling party daiz why they locking him up all the time to try and search he properties to see if they could find it. They searching all he family house too. Don't know how true it is.

Weary you hear dat?

No but I can investiquire lil difficult meh source out these days.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2012, 12:14:59 PM »
http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/friday-january-6-2012/sandy-stripped-4-security-units

Sandy stripped of 4 security units
Published:
Friday, January 6, 2012
Curtis Williams

John Sandy

National Security Minister John Sandy has been stripped of his responsibility for four units that fell under his ministry and they have now been placed under the direct control of Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar. The move was made over the Christmas holidays and involves the Helicopter Unit that belonged to the Special Anti-Crime Unit; the highly-trained anti terrorism squad, called the Direct Action Team; the Canine Section and the radar equipment used to monitor drug smuggling along Trinidad and Tobago coastlines. Cabinet sources say the decision to remove the units was made while Sandy was out of the country and also has led to the removal of the head of the Joint Operations Unit, Lt Col Ricardo Garcia, who has been sent to the National Security Training Academy. His replacement is Rear Admiral Richard Kelshall.
In an exclusive interview yesterday Kelshall admitted the units now reported to the Prime Minister but he said Sandy was made aware of it before it was done and gave his blessings.

“I was told that the National Security Minister was told of it and the decision was made with his concurrence,” he said. Asked why Garcia was removed from his post, Kelshall said that was a question for the Government to answer. However, he said, Garcia was highly competent and that he would have had no problem working with him. He also denied the removal of the units from the Ministry of National Security had anything to do with Sandy who was Chief of Defence Staff when Capt Gary Griffith left the Coast Guard. Kelshall said the removal of the units and the placing of the soon-to-be instituted National Security Operations Centre under the control of the Prime Minister made sense. He said it was necessary because the Government had embarked on putting together a National Security Operations Centre that would involve all the arms of national security and civilian operations. He said that was going to be a multi-agency operation centre and in the circumstances it was felt that when created it should fall under the control of the Office of the Prime Minister.

He added: “It would have stayed in National Security If the centre was dealing with Police, Army, Coast Guard and Customs.
“All of these things came from the same ministry with the exception of customs, now we are looking at a much bigger national picture—floods, health, major accidents, major disaster—all of these things would be best handled under one agency, not that that agency would be in charge, but that would be an agency in which all the information was available.” Asked why there was a need for the National Operation Centre that fell under the direct control of the Prime Minister to have its own tactical unit, Kelshall said that was done because the Government wanted to keep the strike force together and not return them to their original units. The T&T Guardian has been told the Direct Action Team is the most elite unit available to local law enforcement and its members were trained by the US in anti-terrorism operations.

Kelshall also dismissed concerns that the Prime Minister was using the helicopters that now fell under her control when they should be used in the fight against crime. He said it was an effective way to move the Prime Minister around, especially since she was was under threat. In addition, Kelshall pointed to the regular use of helicopters by other VIPs, saying there was no issue. He said modern day security was intelligence-driven and in the past you had a scenario where intelligence was gathered in different places and all the agencies did not have access to it. He promised that should the National Operations Centre be given a chance to work it would lead to a significant reduction in crime. Kelshall said he was only appointed to establish the agency and would be in the job for the next three months.

Manning is a dictator..!!! ::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 12:28:12 PM by congo »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2012, 01:16:31 PM »
We must be RIDICULOUSLY stupid.

Kelshall also dismissed concerns that the Prime Minister was using the helicopters that now fell under her control when they should be used in the fight against crime. He said it was an effective way to move the Prime Minister around, especially since she was was under threat.

But release 16 men?

National Security Minister John Sandy has been stripped of his responsibility for four units that fell under his ministry and they have now been placed under the direct control of Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar. The move was made over the Christmas holidays and involves the Helicopter Unit that belonged to the Special Anti-Crime Unit; the highly-trained anti terrorism squad, called the Direct Action Team; the Canine Section and the radar equipment used to monitor drug smuggling along Trinidad and Tobago coastlines. Cabinet sources say the decision to remove the units was made while Sandy was out of the country and also has led to the removal of the head of the Joint Operations Unit, Lt Col Ricardo Garcia, who has been sent to the National Security Training Academy. His replacement is Rear Admiral Richard Kelshall.

It have so much to bawl in dismay bout this one paragraph here...i eh sure where to start.  :frustrated:

truetrini

« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2012, 01:44:16 PM »
And is Kelshall dem put in charge?  Steups........oh gardo

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2012, 08:43:13 PM »
Congo I see you bold something there, thanks.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2012, 10:15:32 PM »
Griffith: Return security units to Sandy’s ministry
Published:
Saturday, January 7, 2012
Curtis Williams

National Security Adviser Cpt Gary Griffith says he will fight “tooth and nail” for the four units that were removed from the control of National Security Minister Brig John Sandy and placed under the control of the Prime Minister to be returned to the Minister of National Security. Insisting that it was his “personal opinion that the day-to-day running of the National Security Operations Centre should remain with the Minister of National Security and not with the Office of the Prime Minister,” Griffith said he had every confidence in Sandy and that they had both fought significant battles in the Government, “including convincing the Cabinet to institute last year’s state of emergency. “I have the highest regard for Brig Sandy who, like me, is trained in law enforcement and understand the challenges and thinks outside of the box to get solutions,” Griffith told the Guardian yesterday in a telephone interview from India, where he is travelling with the Prime Minister.

Griffith’s comments follow a revelation in yesterday’s Guardian that the Prime Minister had stripped Sandy of four units, including the helicopter unit, the canine section of what was once SAUTT, the Direct Action Team and the radar system and placed it under her direct control. Insisting that the formation of the National Security Operations Centre was in its embryonic stage, the National Security adviser said things were still open to change. His opinion appears at variance with that of the man who has been tasked with the responsibility to establish the NSOC, Rear Admiral Richard Kelshall who defended the centre being under the Prime Minister, saying, “It would have stayed in National Security if the centre was dealing with Police, Army, Coast Guard and Customs. 

“All of these things came from the same ministry with the exception of Customs...now we are looking at a much bigger national picture—floods, health, major accidents, major disaster—all of these things would be best handled under one agency, not that that agency would be in charge, but that would be an agency in which all the information was available,” he said. “This is why the agency will fall under the Office of the Prime Minister.” Asked why there was a need for the National Operation Centre that fell under the direct control of the Prime Minister to have its own tactical unit, Kelshall said that was done because the Government wanted to keep the strike force together and not return them to their original units.

The T&T Guardian has been told the Direct Action Team was the most elite unit available to local law enforcement and its members were trained by the US in anti-terrorism operations. But Griffith said he was strongly of the view that the operational capabilities of the National Security Operations Centre should remain in National Security. Asked if that meant returning the assets to the Ministry of National Security, Griffith was initially reluctant to answer, saying that would have to be studied by the Rear Admiral, but when pressed further he said: “If I say that the operational capabilities should remain in National Security then by extension I am saying that it should be returned to Brig Sandy, but let me stress this is my personal opinion and I will strongly recommend this to the Prime Minister and I will fight tooth and nail for it.
http://www.guardian.co.tt/griffith-return-security-units-sandy%E2%80%99s-ministry

So The Minister of National Security didn't know about this move and now the Prime Minister's security advisor is against this move. So who exactly is advising this woman and what are her true motives?

truetrini

« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2012, 10:24:48 PM »
Kelshall not easy, His daughter is a big time world recognized expert on security matters....world renowned and well regarded...he could run rings around anything Griffith come with!

1]; } ?>