April 20, 2024, 07:30:20 AM

Author Topic: People read too much into Defeat and victory  (Read 1794 times)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
People read too much into Defeat and victory
« on: November 25, 2011, 10:51:27 AM »
if things did go a little different in Guyana most people would be content if not happy that we still can qualify.

When in fact it is irrelevant whether or not we can qualify.

Most of the times when we were able to make the Hex it was because we were in an easy group;

we have not really ever performed with any kind of consistiency on the concacaf world cup level.

One gold cup semis and a lot of low finishes in the hex.

In 2006 we came 4th out of 6 and then went down to the wire with bahrian to make the world cup.

The fact of the matter is you cannot react to how far you reach or how many world cups you make.

Focus should be on how the team is development and the performances and improvement over time.

This cannot be measured by advancement in the tournament only.

We lost a close game to guyana......so what......it happens.

Are we any better as a team or worse as a team before and after that game.

The most important things to note is that for what ever reason.

TnT is not developing competitive football players that allows us to compete in concacaf.

The game is not of interest of anybody in trinidad,

Stadiums are empty and sponsors are hiding.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: People read too much into Defeat and victory
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 09:49:23 PM »
The only time we had an easy semifinal group to get to the hex was in 2005.  In 2001 we had Mexico, Canada, the defending gold cup champions, and Panama in our group.  In 2009 we had USA, Guatemala and Cuba.  Those were not easy groups at all.

We should not react to how many world cups we reach?  Isn't that the major goal of all national teams?

truetrini

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 10:14:45 PM »
if things did go a little different in Guyana most people would be content if not happy that we still can qualify.

When in fact it is irrelevant whether or not we can qualify.

Most of the times when we were able to make the Hex it was because we were in an easy group;

we have not really ever performed with any kind of consistiency on the concacaf world cup level.

One gold cup semis and a lot of low finishes in the hex.

In 2006 we came 4th out of 6 and then went down to the wire with bahrian to make the world cup.

The fact of the matter is you cannot react to how far you reach or how many world cups you make.

Focus should be on how the team is development and the performances and improvement over time.

This cannot be measured by advancement in the tournament only.

We lost a close game to guyana......so what......it happens.

Are we any better as a team or worse as a team before and after that game.

The most important things to note is that for what ever reason.

TnT is not developing competitive football players that allows us to compete in concacaf.

The game is not of interest of anybody in trinidad,

Stadiums are empty and sponsors are hiding.

pack ah ass talk.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 11:21:34 PM »
We lost a close game to Guyana......so what......it happens. Ah close game? Yuh was drinking hard dat night. Forest Park eh fuh everybody yuh know. We nearly collect four. If it was not for some stellar goalkeeping, dey woulda mash we up fine, fine and pelt we in de jungle.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 10:18:04 AM »
We lost a close game to Guyana......so what......it happens. Ah close game? Yuh was drinking hard dat night. Forest Park eh fuh everybody yuh know. We nearly collect four. If it was not for some stellar goalkeeping, dey woulda mash we up fine, fine and pelt we in de jungle.

breds these same men accepting out of timing statements from players as well for their failure and lack of commitment, so this pack of garbage knd write don't surprise me atall

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 04:25:46 PM »
KND i agree with half of what yuh said, but will have tuh disagree with our hex appearances was due to being in easy semifinal groups. i do agree that the emphasis should be on youth and player development, as well as performance development. a lot of ppl may disagree with me, but i think this group of yute players that we went into this last preliminary competition was better than the crop we had in the 2006 WC with the exception of whitley and yorke.

fellas like molino, hector, jaggy and hyland kept bleeder out the team thus far while julius james is miles ahead of sancho and tallest could ever be, and a healthy daniel cyrus  is more capable anyday than cyd gray, while darryl roberts, lester peltier and kenwyne jones is ah lethal strike team,

i think we have to stick with these fellas and possibly they could gift us with another two caribbean cups and two very good gold cup outings. i believe we need ah very solid coach to take us forward for the next six yrs, and "maybe" by then i believe we would be ready for WC 2018. but for now we need some serious reconstructive measures implemented.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 04:29:18 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 09:59:40 AM »
As much as it hurts me to say it, KND have some valid points...

Over the last 35 years, based on performance, one can safely say that qualifying for and finishing in the lower half of the HEXAGONAL is par for T&T.

Sometimes we get caught up with visions of grandeur thinking we entitled to beat teams like Mexico, USA and Costa Rica. I hear a man on this forum saying that he Costa Rican pardner say they so happy and relieved that T&T didnt get through cause they fear us and Kenwyne Jones.... Bullshit! Costa Rica looks at T&T EVERY SINGLE CAMPAIGN AS THE FIRST 6 POINTS THEY CAN PENCIL IN. Same goes for USA and Mexico. The Guatemalas, Jamaicas and Honduras teams look at us as at least 4pts.
Same way how we shocked beyond belief that Guyana could bump us out, or St Kitts could hit us 5, these countries feel the same way when we beat them.

For us to consistently compete for a top 3 spot in the region, we need a darn good strategy and execute it, starting TOMORROW. Cause based on sponsor support, administrative effectiveness, fan support, technical ability (notice I not saying talent), fitness, depth of roster and even tactical awareness, not to mention urgency for the game on the field, T&T struggle to break into the top 5 in the region.

1]; } ?>