April 16, 2024, 01:28:29 AM

Author Topic: ESPN Profiles : Shaka Hislop  (Read 4809 times)

ESPN Profiles : Shaka Hislop
« on: November 26, 2011, 07:30:17 PM »
Going on now on ESPN international....not sure about repeats. please film if possible, merge if necessary
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 05:33:14 AM by Tallman »

Legends Of Sport : Shaka Hislop
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 05:28:37 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xazxV-YaHX8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xazxV-YaHX8</a>

Re: ESPN Profiles : Shaka Hislop
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 07:22:17 AM »
Thank you for posting the link Tallman. It was very good programme. I just have one quibble to make. Robbie Earle did not play in the 2002 World Cup for Jamaica. I know that this is neither here nor there since the show is about Shaka, but the ESPN crew were a bit careless with its research.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 07:26:52 AM by kaliman2006 »

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 08:56:32 PM »
Enjoyed !!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 10:38:25 PM »
Pure class. . .all the way. . .hopefully his time and influence will come to TTFF in some capacity

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 01:52:07 PM »

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 03:40:12 PM »
I have ah hour-long commute by train each way, so this made for excellent viewing on the way in this morning.  Very bittersweet memories... back then life as a WN member couldn't get any better... we was soaring.  The qualifying run... sneaking outta work and rushing home from work (then a 15-minute walk) to watch the Bahrain match... Germany.

Then it all came crashing back down to Earth... steups.  Say what, God is good.... well done Shaka.

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 03:45:00 PM »
I have ah hour-long commute by train each way, so this made for excellent viewing on the way in this morning.  Very bittersweet memories... back then life as a WN member couldn't get any better... we was soaring.  The qualifying run... sneaking outta work and rushing home from work (then a 15-minute walk) to watch the Bahrain match... Germany.

Then it all came crashing back down to Earth... steups.  Say what, God is good.... well done Shaka.

::) ::)....ent you was one ah d men was makin' inferences about Shaka loyalties and tryin' and raise questions bout de whole Shaka playin' fuh England ting?  steups!! "Well done Shaka" my ass.

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 03:50:22 PM »

::) ::)....ent you was one ah d men was makin' inferences about Shaka loyalties and tryin' and raise questions bout de whole Shaka playin' fuh England ting?  steups!! "Well done Shaka" my ass.

I never questioned Shaka's loyalties... try as yuh might, yuh just cyah help the maccomere man bacchanalist inside yuh.

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 03:58:47 PM »

I never questioned Shaka's loyalties... but I understand, yuh just cyah help the maccomere man bacchanalist inside yuh.

Ah know yuh woulda come back wit some shit, but I eh expect yuh woulda lie 'bout it, too.  Ah thought yuh woulda at least try to be half-man enough to try and stand behind whatever yuh was tryin' and infer at the time and call meh chupidee in d process.  But, no scene, fag.   You cyah even be honest wit yuh self but yuh want to call people maccomay man.  It would really take a special kinda mirror, made of glass that don't even exist on this planet, fuh you to see the c**t you is. 

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2011, 04:29:19 PM »

Ah know yuh woulda come back wit some shit, but I eh expect yuh woulda lie 'bout it, too.  Ah thought yuh woulda at least try to be half-man enough to try and stand behind whatever yuh was tryin' and infer at the time and call meh chupidee in d process.  But, no scene, fag.   You cyah even be honest wit yuh self but yuh want to call people maccomay man.  It would really take a special kinda mirror, made of glass that don't even exist on this planet, fuh you to see the c**t you is. 

You really eh have nutten better to do than to make ah ass outta yuhself tracing after man online fella??  Man have ah nice lil thread going and yuh coming with yuh bitchassness looking fuh talk?  I never question Shaka loyalties nor have I ever had need to. If yuh so sure ah did then just do a simple search and find what yuh claim ah say.  If yuh too doltish to figure out how to do that by yuhself then I sure one ah de moderators could help yuh, it not that hard.

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 04:48:51 PM »

You really eh have nutten better to do than to make ah ass outta yuhself tracing after man online fella??  Man have ah nice lil thread going and yuh coming with yuh bitchassness looking fuh talk?  I never question Shaka loyalties nor have I ever had need to. If yuh so sure ah did then just do a simple search and find what yuh claim ah say.  If yuh too doltish to figure out how to do that by yuhself then I sure one ah de moderators could help yuh, it not that hard.

Yada, yada, yada, the song remains the same with you.  forever flattering your self onto a pedestal. You WOULD know about spoilin' a nice thread by being a bitchass, though, wouldn't you?  But hear this, I eh need to tru all dat when I have my own memory to serve me well enough, yuh lyin' lil' fag.   Yuh talk so much hot air on this forum yuh does fuhget some of it.  Go and pull it up yuh dam self, yuh c**t,....unless yuh done "remove" it arready.     

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2011, 02:44:54 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xazxV-YaHX8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xazxV-YaHX8</a>

Fantastic!!  :beermug:

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2011, 08:32:27 PM »
What a great profile and representative of all that is good about Trinidad and Tobago! Thoroughly enjoyed this presentation.

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, 08:52:41 AM »
What a great profile and representative of all that is good about Trinidad and Tobago! Thoroughly enjoyed this presentation.

CO-SIGNNNNNN

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 11:14:36 AM »
Awesome piece!!!!

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2011, 02:09:13 PM »

This is really nice.  Shaka is really great guy.   I remember back in my school days looking at the many clashes between Fatima and CIC.  Shaka was a monster in goal for CIC.  The Guy was so much bigger than the other goal keepers and he would get crazy angry if a goal was scored on him.  Its kind of funny because he is actually a cool easy going guy but back in the day, as a fatima student looking on on the sidelines he was very big and scary to me.  lol
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 02:12:41 PM by fatimarima »

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2011, 07:40:01 PM »

This is really nice.  Shaka is really great guy.   I remember back in my school days looking at the many clashes between Fatima and CIC.  Shaka was a monster in goal for CIC.  The Guy was so much bigger than the other goal keepers and he would get crazy angry if a goal was scored on him.  Its kind of funny because he is actually a cool easy going guy but back in the day, as a fatima student looking on on the sidelines he was very big and scary to me.  lol

Yuh eh lie at all dey, horse, I know your pain.  D boy was HUGE with some long-ass arms and big, big hands!  1984, QRC @ CIC, we get a penalty and our last stopper, Andre Celestine, take d penalty WELL! Plant it DEAD in the corner to Shaka's right.....everybody done start to celebrate, all yuh see is this HUGE hand, fingers outstretched, pushin' d ball roung d post.....ref blow, make Andre take the penalty over (I think Shaka was adjudged to have moved early).  Andre pipe dah ball again, exact same placement.  Exact same result.  We end up losin' d game, I think by 1 goal....talk 'bout VEX?!?!  (but we end up gettin' we revenge on he AND Kona a couple years later)  I still find that he and Ross Russell were the two very best GK's in our time that TnT had to offer from that era/year.  Shaka had some amazing reflexes, especially fuh a fella so big and Ross had agility beyond comprehension. Two of the humblest, nicest fellas yuh ever want to know.  :beermug: 

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 05:39:23 PM »
Finally caught the opportunity to view this piece. It ... like its subject ... is exemplary from start to finish. In particular, I enjoyed the spousal and family perspective that was incorporated into the recounting of 1992-2006. Class acts all around.

Sometimes the future only "makes sense" when looking back at the past. Thank you, Shaka Hislop.

Legends in sport: Shaka Hislop
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2012, 11:36:52 AM »
I'm sure many have seen this video but also many not. 45 mins of good quality, chronicles his development from boyhood days to professional glory and includes all the characters and stars around him that made the journey exciting and gripping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xazxV-YaHX8

Offline Anbrat

Re: Legends in sport: Shaka Hislop
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2012, 06:35:55 AM »
I'm sure many have seen this video but also many not. 45 mins of good quality, chronicles his development from boyhood days to professional glory and includes all the characters and stars around him that made the journey exciting and gripping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xazxV-YaHX8

Thank you, dreamer!!! Dis is a keeper (pardon the pun)!