April 16, 2024, 01:28:29 AM

Author Topic: ESPN Profiles : Shaka Hislop  (Read 4809 times)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
ESPN Profiles : Shaka Hislop
« on: November 26, 2011, 07:30:17 PM »
Going on now on ESPN international....not sure about repeats. please film if possible, merge if necessary
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 05:33:14 AM by Tallman »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Legends Of Sport : Shaka Hislop
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 05:28:37 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xazxV-YaHX8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xazxV-YaHX8</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ESPN Profiles : Shaka Hislop
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 07:22:17 AM »
Thank you for posting the link Tallman. It was very good programme. I just have one quibble to make. Robbie Earle did not play in the 2002 World Cup for Jamaica. I know that this is neither here nor there since the show is about Shaka, but the ESPN crew were a bit careless with its research.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 07:26:52 AM by kaliman2006 »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 08:56:32 PM »
Enjoyed !!!!!!!!!!!
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 10:38:25 PM »
Pure class. . .all the way. . .hopefully his time and influence will come to TTFF in some capacity
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 01:52:07 PM »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 03:40:12 PM »
I have ah hour-long commute by train each way, so this made for excellent viewing on the way in this morning.  Very bittersweet memories... back then life as a WN member couldn't get any better... we was soaring.  The qualifying run... sneaking outta work and rushing home from work (then a 15-minute walk) to watch the Bahrain match... Germany.

Then it all came crashing back down to Earth... steups.  Say what, God is good.... well done Shaka.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 03:45:00 PM »
I have ah hour-long commute by train each way, so this made for excellent viewing on the way in this morning.  Very bittersweet memories... back then life as a WN member couldn't get any better... we was soaring.  The qualifying run... sneaking outta work and rushing home from work (then a 15-minute walk) to watch the Bahrain match... Germany.

Then it all came crashing back down to Earth... steups.  Say what, God is good.... well done Shaka.

::) ::)....ent you was one ah d men was makin' inferences about Shaka loyalties and tryin' and raise questions bout de whole Shaka playin' fuh England ting?  steups!! "Well done Shaka" my ass.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 03:50:22 PM »

::) ::)....ent you was one ah d men was makin' inferences about Shaka loyalties and tryin' and raise questions bout de whole Shaka playin' fuh England ting?  steups!! "Well done Shaka" my ass.

I never questioned Shaka's loyalties... try as yuh might, yuh just cyah help the maccomere man bacchanalist inside yuh.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 03:58:47 PM »

I never questioned Shaka's loyalties... but I understand, yuh just cyah help the maccomere man bacchanalist inside yuh.

Ah know yuh woulda come back wit some shit, but I eh expect yuh woulda lie 'bout it, too.  Ah thought yuh woulda at least try to be half-man enough to try and stand behind whatever yuh was tryin' and infer at the time and call meh chupidee in d process.  But, no scene, fag.   You cyah even be honest wit yuh self but yuh want to call people maccomay man.  It would really take a special kinda mirror, made of glass that don't even exist on this planet, fuh you to see the c**t you is. 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2011, 04:29:19 PM »

Ah know yuh woulda come back wit some shit, but I eh expect yuh woulda lie 'bout it, too.  Ah thought yuh woulda at least try to be half-man enough to try and stand behind whatever yuh was tryin' and infer at the time and call meh chupidee in d process.  But, no scene, fag.   You cyah even be honest wit yuh self but yuh want to call people maccomay man.  It would really take a special kinda mirror, made of glass that don't even exist on this planet, fuh you to see the c**t you is. 

You really eh have nutten better to do than to make ah ass outta yuhself tracing after man online fella??  Man have ah nice lil thread going and yuh coming with yuh bitchassness looking fuh talk?  I never question Shaka loyalties nor have I ever had need to. If yuh so sure ah did then just do a simple search and find what yuh claim ah say.  If yuh too doltish to figure out how to do that by yuhself then I sure one ah de moderators could help yuh, it not that hard.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 04:48:51 PM »

You really eh have nutten better to do than to make ah ass outta yuhself tracing after man online fella??  Man have ah nice lil thread going and yuh coming with yuh bitchassness looking fuh talk?  I never question Shaka loyalties nor have I ever had need to. If yuh so sure ah did then just do a simple search and find what yuh claim ah say.  If yuh too doltish to figure out how to do that by yuhself then I sure one ah de moderators could help yuh, it not that hard.

Yada, yada, yada, the song remains the same with you.  forever flattering your self onto a pedestal. You WOULD know about spoilin' a nice thread by being a bitchass, though, wouldn't you?  But hear this, I eh need to tru all dat when I have my own memory to serve me well enough, yuh lyin' lil' fag.   Yuh talk so much hot air on this forum yuh does fuhget some of it.  Go and pull it up yuh dam self, yuh c**t,....unless yuh done "remove" it arready.     

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2011, 02:44:54 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xazxV-YaHX8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xazxV-YaHX8</a>

Fantastic!!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2011, 08:32:27 PM »
What a great profile and representative of all that is good about Trinidad and Tobago! Thoroughly enjoyed this presentation.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, 08:52:41 AM »
What a great profile and representative of all that is good about Trinidad and Tobago! Thoroughly enjoyed this presentation.

CO-SIGNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 11:14:36 AM »
Awesome piece!!!!

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2011, 02:09:13 PM »

This is really nice.  Shaka is really great guy.   I remember back in my school days looking at the many clashes between Fatima and CIC.  Shaka was a monster in goal for CIC.  The Guy was so much bigger than the other goal keepers and he would get crazy angry if a goal was scored on him.  Its kind of funny because he is actually a cool easy going guy but back in the day, as a fatima student looking on on the sidelines he was very big and scary to me.  lol
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 02:12:41 PM by fatimarima »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2011, 07:40:01 PM »

This is really nice.  Shaka is really great guy.   I remember back in my school days looking at the many clashes between Fatima and CIC.  Shaka was a monster in goal for CIC.  The Guy was so much bigger than the other goal keepers and he would get crazy angry if a goal was scored on him.  Its kind of funny because he is actually a cool easy going guy but back in the day, as a fatima student looking on on the sidelines he was very big and scary to me.  lol

Yuh eh lie at all dey, horse, I know your pain.  D boy was HUGE with some long-ass arms and big, big hands!  1984, QRC @ CIC, we get a penalty and our last stopper, Andre Celestine, take d penalty WELL! Plant it DEAD in the corner to Shaka's right.....everybody done start to celebrate, all yuh see is this HUGE hand, fingers outstretched, pushin' d ball roung d post.....ref blow, make Andre take the penalty over (I think Shaka was adjudged to have moved early).  Andre pipe dah ball again, exact same placement.  Exact same result.  We end up losin' d game, I think by 1 goal....talk 'bout VEX?!?!  (but we end up gettin' we revenge on he AND Kona a couple years later)  I still find that he and Ross Russell were the two very best GK's in our time that TnT had to offer from that era/year.  Shaka had some amazing reflexes, especially fuh a fella so big and Ross had agility beyond comprehension. Two of the humblest, nicest fellas yuh ever want to know.  :beermug: 

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 05:39:23 PM »
Finally caught the opportunity to view this piece. It ... like its subject ... is exemplary from start to finish. In particular, I enjoyed the spousal and family perspective that was incorporated into the recounting of 1992-2006. Class acts all around.

Sometimes the future only "makes sense" when looking back at the past. Thank you, Shaka Hislop.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Legends in sport: Shaka Hislop
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2012, 11:36:52 AM »
I'm sure many have seen this video but also many not. 45 mins of good quality, chronicles his development from boyhood days to professional glory and includes all the characters and stars around him that made the journey exciting and gripping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xazxV-YaHX8
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Legends in sport: Shaka Hislop
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2012, 06:35:55 AM »
I'm sure many have seen this video but also many not. 45 mins of good quality, chronicles his development from boyhood days to professional glory and includes all the characters and stars around him that made the journey exciting and gripping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xazxV-YaHX8

Thank you, dreamer!!! Dis is a keeper (pardon the pun)!

1]; } ?>