March 29, 2024, 07:50:22 AM

Author Topic: Trinidad : Guns ,drugs and secrets  (Read 3979 times)

Offline bibbillpaul

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Trinidad : Guns ,drugs and secrets
« on: November 27, 2011, 07:38:03 PM »
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/unreported-world/4od

I got this email and just wanted to share with my Trinbagonian people

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Trinidad : Guns ,drugs and secrets
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 07:55:12 PM »
Yuh late but thanks anyway! 8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 10:35:59 AM »
Once I read the first sentence of that report I get turn off.
Murder capital of the Caribbean huh. Maybe this reporter forgot about another island up the chain called Jamaica.
To compare equally, murder rates are reported per 100,000.
T&T's highest has been 44 (550 murders in 2008), while in Jamaica a few years ago it reached 62 (1700 homicides). They have consistently been higher than Trinidad, although in the last 10 years, Trinidad has closed the gap tremendously from being a place where murders are 5 times less to now where it is a little less than half.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 05:30:14 AM »
Even peurto rico have more murders than T&T, and jamaica does make peurto rico look like an amusement park. murder capital meh balls!  but on the other hand disrespect and lack of customer service capital is more like it
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 11:34:05 PM »
Trinidad is the murder capital of the world. just live with it and stop blaming people or finding excuse, their may be crime in parts of yaad, but we not splitting British and Swedish tourist in two :rotfl: or assassinate the minister :rotfl:. after been out of the world cup you guys should be happy to win your first major trophy.
Hard work is the key to success

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 06:43:06 AM »
Trinidad is the murder capital of the world. just live with it and stop blaming people or finding excuse, their may be crime in parts of yaad, but we not splitting British and Swedish tourist in two :rotfl: or assassinate the minister :rotfl:. after been out of the world cup you guys should be happy to win your first major trophy.

Okay so you would like to believe that T&T is now the murder capital of the world not even of the Caribbean now but the world!  :rotfl:

So please explain how JA which probably has at least twice to three time the number of murders so far this year as T&T is not way above T&T in that department!

Or do you just enjoy deluding yourself as misery loves company!  ::)

T&T maybe catching up with you guys due to the drugs trade but there is no way we can even come close to challenging you guys in that department!

Don’t believe it then research the figures yourself and come back to us for a comparison but I am sure you already know that!

At any rate murders in any country is not a laughing matter!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 06:47:03 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 07:07:31 AM »
Dude Jamaica murder rate drop more than 45%, go read and you will see. :rotfl: secondly Jamaica population is three times yours , with tourist arrival could reach 5 million by 2015. 90% of Jamaica crime is now in Spanish town.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 07:10:12 AM by jahkingdom »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 12:47:13 PM »
Dude Jamaica murder rate drop more than 45%, go read and you will see. :rotfl: secondly Jamaica population is three times yours , with tourist arrival could reach 5 million by 2015. 90% of Jamaica crime is now in Spanish town.

Dummy, the point I made is we are not the murder capital of the WORLD nor are we of the Caribbean!

Also your population is twice ours not 3 times ours!!

Now please bring JA’s latest murder figures for 2011 and let’s compare it to T&T's and I can bet you it will be at least twice if not three times ours!

Bring the figures if you are brave enough and let’s compare realistically and deal with the facts!

What is your murder total so far for the year then?  And please note we are talking murders not crime as I see you are trying to sneakily change the topic!

Please don’t make me have to find your latest figures myself and embarrass you when I compare it with ours!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 12:59:58 PM by Socapro »

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 01:27:01 PM »
Dummy JA population is three times yours. Trinidad is just a little over a million. Census in jamaica say 2.8 million, but there are garrison communities that census never been done. Jamaica true population could be over 3 million.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 01:29:04 PM by jahkingdom »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 01:50:56 PM »
Dummy JA population is three times yours. Trinidad is just a little over a million. Census in jamaica say 2.8 million, but there are garrison communities that census never been done. Jamaica true population could be over 3 million.

You definitely need to learn a little maths!

T&T's latest population figures for 2011 is approx 1.3million see link below and that doesn't include the many illegal and unwanted immigrants committing a great percentage of the crime from Jamaica and other countries! http://www.indexmundi.com/trinidad_and_tobago/demographics_profile.html

Last time I checked 2 x 1.3 => 2.6 million which is pretty close to 2.8 million!

So your population figures if you wanted to be truthful and knew a little maths is just over twice ours!

Now please bring your latest murder figures so far for 2011 and let’s start dealing with some reality!!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 01:57:07 PM by Socapro »

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 02:06:29 PM »
Yes clown 1.3 million is a little over a million. Secondl :rotfl:y, don't even try it, there is no large Jamaican population in trinddad.  I visit Trinidad multiple times, you must be talking the large percentage of Trinidad that talk like jamaican :rotfl:. I don't think more than 20 Jamaicans in Trinidad.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 02:19:41 PM »
Yes clown 1.3 million is a little over a million. Secondl :rotfl:y, don't even try it, there is no large Jamaican population in trinddad.  I visit Trinidad multiple times, you must be talking the large percentage of Trinidad that talk like jamaican :rotfl:. I don't think more than 20 Jamaicans in Trinidad.

I said Jamaica and OTHER COUNTRIES but you are obviously obsessed with yourself so you didn’t read the other part! I’m just showing you that we have illegal immigrants who are not counted in our official population census as well just like the garrison communities you refer to to help boost your unofficial population figures!

Your argument was that your population is 3 times ours! I have clearly shown you with facts to back it that that is a lie and it is just over twice ours! You obviously didn't have pay attention in your Maths lessons if you had any in your Jamaican schooling!

Still waiting on you to uptodate us with your murder figures for this year which you are obviously trying to avoid to save embarrassing yourself!

Can’t blame you really but note I'm still waiting!  :waiting:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 06:00:25 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 03:06:49 PM »
Ok, tired of waiting!

Here are some links to the facts:
http://www.indexmundi.com/jamaica/demographics_profile.html

And here is the important link showing the murder rate of JA as well as that of T&T!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Note where JA is in the chart as opposed to T&T!

JA 52 murders per 100,000 inhabitants.

T&T 37 murders per 100,000 inhabitants.

Push come to shove, I do know where I will feel safer!

Both of our countries have a lot to be ashamed of on the homicide front and do need to get our figures down but to call T&T the Murder capital of the World or even the Caribbean is pure fantasy especially while Jamaica is still part of the Caribbean!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 06:09:59 PM by Socapro »

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 10:28:26 PM »
Ok, tired of waiting!

Here are some links to the facts:
http://www.indexmundi.com/jamaica/demographics_profile.html

And here is the important link showing the murder rate of JA as well as that of T&T!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Note where JA is in the chart as opposed to T&T!

JA 52 murders per 100,000 inhabitants.

T&T 37 murders per 100,000 inhabitants.

Both of our countries have a lot to be ashamed of on the homicide front and do need to get our figures down but to call T&T the Murder capital of the World or even the Caribbean is pure fantasy especially while Jamaica is still part of the Caribbean!

i couldn't reply as i was  busy. but seriously, are you for real, have you even ever been to Jamaica before, or you just go with what you see on TV? :rotfl: :rotfl:. you just put yourself in a hole, earlier you told me Jamaica population was 2.6 then you post links that said:
2,868,380 (July 2011 est.)
  but wha di rass :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:. secondly you posting table from 2010, how many days we have left for 2012? when was the curfew in Trinidad.... 2010, or 2011? my point is, lets keep it present.

http://tuffchin.com/2011/05/confirmed-2011-jamaica-records-its-lowest-murder-rate-since-2003-says-pm-golding/

http://www.jis.gov.jm/news/112-national-security/29185-2011-a-safe-year-for-police

of course every one will feel bias for their country. right now Jamaica is moving to bed and breakfast and community tourism, which already started in parishes like st Elizabet, 20 percent of Mandeville http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandeville,_Jamaicaretire are foreigners. after capturing Tivoli from dons, downtown Kingston is now under major reconstruction .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO8ytTQ0Vag&feature=related

digicel global head quarters  http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20110927/business/business3.html
sandals city etc.. 10 years ago those things would have never be consider for downtown because of high crime http://www.opm.gov.jm/news_and_public_affairs/251million_contracts_singed_for_redevelopment_of_downtown_kingston , my point is you have to have confidants to do stuff like that, which shows that crime rate have fallen allot.

do you think any one would invest billions in a so-call murder capital of the world :rotfl:  http://www.ramsa.com/projects-search/resorts/harmony-cove.html

yes there are crimes in Jamaica, but only a Jamaican can understand Jamaica. my real issue is, why whenever there are problems in Trinidad you look for outsiders to blame for your failures, sports politics etc.. in Jamaica we look within our-self to make changes.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 10:51:47 PM by jahkingdom »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, 01:31:45 AM »
i couldn't reply as i was  busy. but seriously, are you for real, have you even ever been to Jamaica before, or you just go with what you see on TV? :rotfl: :rotfl:. you just put yourself in a hole, earlier you told me Jamaica population was 2.6 then you post links that said:
2,868,380 (July 2011 est.)
  but wha di rass :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:. secondly you posting table from 2010, how many days we have left for 2012? when was the curfew in Trinidad.... 2010, or 2011? my point is, lets keep it present.

"earlier you told me Jamaica population was 2.6":

Thats another lie and all the other stuff you posted above is subjective and irrelevant to the discussion as they are from sources with a strong political agenda! I am still waiting on some hard facts!
What is JA's murder figures to date for this year? I have been asking you to post that since we started conversing in this thread and no joy so far! You are determined to dance around the issue like a circus clown who is afraid of dealing with facts!  ::)

You really are suffering from reading comprehension problems in addition to not understanding simple maths!

This is what I said:

You definitely need to learn a little maths!

T&T's latest population figures for 2011 is approx 1.3million see link below and that doesn't include the many illegal and unwanted immigrants committing a great percentage of the crime from Jamaica and other countries! http://www.indexmundi.com/trinidad_and_tobago/demographics_profile.html

Last time I checked 2 x 1.3 => 2.6 million which is pretty close to 2.8 million!

So your population figures if you wanted to be truthful and knew a little maths is just over twice ours!

Now please bring your latest murder figures so far for 2011 and let’s start dealing with some reality!!

Where did I say JA's population is 2.6 million in that quote? You must be seriously dotish!!

But that is not even the issue! The issue is who currently has the higher murder rate!!!
I am still waiting for you to post JA's current number of murders so far for 2011!

Keep dancing around the issue and trying to laugh it off as if that well help you to avoid dealing with the facts!!

I'll give you one more chance to post your current murder figures before posting it myself and showing you how to do some maths to work out your homicide rate then I'll do the same for T&T and we can compare!

Now come with your figures or is it too high and changing too fast for you to give me a reliable figure?  ::)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 01:46:51 AM by Socapro »

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 07:15:17 AM »
Steuuuups. Yea strong political agenda, and what is yours?. You can go on Jamaica stating and check the crime stat yourself, cause I dont know what's your agenda, not wasting my time. The facts of the matter is Trinidad is the murder capital. You actually said 2.6 mil before, but its ok. :rotfl:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 07:19:53 AM by jahkingdom »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2011, 04:35:05 PM »
Steuuuups. Yea strong political agenda, and what is yours?. You can go on Jamaica stating and check the crime stat yourself, cause I dont know what's your agenda, not wasting my time. The facts of the matter is Trinidad is the murder capital. You actually said 2.6 mil before, but its ok. :rotfl:
OK, lets start over shall we. clean slate! you say that trinidad is the murder capital, fine, i say not by ah long shot! OK.  now the best way to solve this without all the drawn out long debate and name calling is to introduce the stats, simple! that should put an end to all the hooplah and unnecessary insults being tossed back and forth.

so bring your stats if you say that T&T is the murder capital, and then we'll bring ours proving other wise, how's that? come lets put an end to this petty, senile, moronic conversation.   :waiting:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2011, 04:53:16 PM »
dis thread is about maths or about the sh!tty state of Trinidad?

anyone actually watch de show?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2011, 05:24:30 PM »
dis thread is about maths or about the sh!tty state of Trinidad?

anyone actually watch de show?
That's ah no brainer. with the exception of the gun violence, trinidad was always this shitty! the gun violence just brought it to light. back in the fifties and sixties trinidad had ah sh!t load of gangs especially in east POS, with the same principle applied.

fellas from john john couldn't go around basilon st and the harp area, fellas from laventille couldn't go john john, fallas from eastern quarry couldn't go sanjaun, fellas from belmont couldn't go woodbrook, fellas from low place could go around quarry street, it's the same ole bullsh!t wrapped in ah different package, the only difference between then and now is instead of cutlass, iron bolts and pucknee (pipe guns) fellas have the real macoy and they shooting to kill.

IMO this was always in the cards. the only new deleopments i've noticed from the last i've been there is that T&T have ah serious wreckless attitude towards the roads, and this i find shocking. :o  but fuh yrs trinis was shipping drugs from our shores to the develop world, that eh nothing new, it's just that the rest of the world became hip to it so they making it out to be ah new trend.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 05:39:39 PM by just cool »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2011, 07:47:15 PM »

I never said 2.6million regards JA's population. Back yuh talk, show us where, bring the quote!

I find it strange that for a man who is always posting all kind of links and always ready to quote stats that on this occasion you are unwilling to do what you have normally done so quickly in the past!

Anyway it is obviously that you are a clown who can't be taken seriously which is possibly why you can't stop laughing!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 07:49:24 PM by Socapro »

1]; } ?>