Fire Angus Eve

Yes
18 (54.5%)
No
8 (24.2%)
Who cares
7 (21.2%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Angus Eve Thread.  (Read 57050 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Angus Eve is new North East Stars head coach .
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2012, 06:01:45 AM »
I don't think you're being fair, here Sam. Just because Sancho was smart enough to take outside business interests instead of relying solely on football, you're criticising him? Given the state of football in T&T and the way its run with little or no respect for employees, I would advise any player, coach or administrator to have a second income to fall back on. Look at how TTFF haven't paid their staff again, and its not the first time. Even overseas, football is a temporary job. Ask Harry Rednapp.

Wasn't Sancho and Gally on de news calling for change de other day.

No problem if he wants to run a second business, he have a family to maintain ?.

But de way he was calling for help, why he dont set an example or if he so care about making a difference go for a challange ?

Instead he take a back seat like everyone else, no one wants to step up and expect things to change.

North East Stars did much better before Sancho and Jeffrey went there, check de stats, it dont lie.

All these 06 Warriors concern about is they money and they self.

Why do you think football is dead in T&T, its because no one wants to step forward and make a change. De same way they unity and sue the TTFF for they money is de same way they could unite and at least make a challange.

When everbody take a back seat they allow the TTFF to win and they allow Jack the devil to prove that without him T&T dead.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2012, 06:23:05 AM »
I don't think you're being fair, here Sam. Just because Sancho was smart enough to take outside business interests instead of relying solely on football, you're criticising him? Given the state of football in T&T and the way its run with little or no respect for employees, I would advise any player, coach or administrator to have a second income to fall back on. Look at how TTFF haven't paid their staff again, and its not the first time. Even overseas, football is a temporary job. Ask Harry Rednapp.

No problem if he wants to run a second business, he have a family to maintain ?.

But de way he was calling for help, why he dont set an example or if he so care about making a difference go for a challange ?

Instead he take a back seat like everyone else, no one wants to step up and expect things to change.

North East Stars did much better before Sancho and Jeffrey went there, check de stats, it dont lie.

Why do you think football is dead in T&T, its because no one wants to step forward and make a change. De same way they unity and sue the TTFF for they money is de same way they could unite and at least make a challange.

When everbody take a back seat they allow the TTFF to win and they allow Jack the devil to prove that without him T&T dead.

"Instead he take a back seat like everyone else, no one wants to step up and expect things to change." 

Sam, what does this mean? How can he "step up"? Join TTFF and be called a sell out?

TTFF won't go near Sancho, nor will the ProLeague. So whats left?

He's been outspoken since before 2006 and all its earned him is a ruined career. What you should be asking is why other players like Dwight, Latas, Kenwyne, Stern, Carlos have not been as vocal. Maybe if they had backed him more, the change you want would have happened. Sancho has carried the flag into battle, but when he looked over his shoulder there were only a few soldiers behind him. Where were the people of T&T? Look at our petition for TTFF to resign....500 signatures after 6 months.

Your comments about North East stats are warrented. However, there was a 5 year BUSINESS plan. Year one was exceeded. Then the club veered away from the path it was on. Decisions were being made elsewhere. Stats don't lie, as you say. North East acquired more sponsorship in 2010/11 and 2011/12 than the Pro League or TTFF. They had 10 times the community programmes of any other club. They were (according to the Pro League & also Terry Fenwick) the best supported club in 2010/11. Those were the stats I was interested in, because they build a brand, which did not exist in T&T football.

I am disapointed that we couldn't take it further, but that doesn't mean we've given up. Certain mistakes won't be repeated, so maybe I won't be involved actively for a while.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2012, 06:30:47 AM »

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :cheers: :cheers:Breds you preach.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2012, 10:30:44 AM »

"Instead he take a back seat like everyone else, no one wants to step up and expect things to change." 

Sam, what does this mean? How can he "step up"? Join TTFF and be called a sell out?

TTFF won't go near Sancho, nor will the ProLeague. So whats left?

He's been outspoken since before 2006 and all its earned him is a ruined career. What you should be asking is why other players like Dwight, Latas, Kenwyne, Stern, Carlos have not been as vocal. Maybe if they had backed him more, the change you want would have happened. Sancho has carried the flag into battle, but when he looked over his shoulder there were only a few soldiers behind him. Where were the people of T&T? Look at our petition for TTFF to resign....500 signatures after 6 months.

Your comments about North East stats are warrented. However, there was a 5 year BUSINESS plan. Year one was exceeded. Then the club veered away from the path it was on. Decisions were being made elsewhere. Stats don't lie, as you say. North East acquired more sponsorship in 2010/11 and 2011/12 than the Pro League or TTFF. They had 10 times the community programmes of any other club. They were (according to the Pro League & also Terry Fenwick) the best supported club in 2010/11. Those were the stats I was interested in, because they build a brand, which did not exist in T&T football.

I am disapointed that we couldn't take it further, but that doesn't mean we've given up. Certain mistakes won't be repeated, so maybe I won't be involved actively for a while.

FS, I really like how you does move. Maybe Sancho should have done like other "great" players and ride out. Look at all of them they in another country laughing at Sancho for TRYING. No wonder we country and football in this state.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2012, 03:57:23 PM »
Parallel philosophies led to Eve's North East Stars move.
ttproleague.com.

Angus Eve is ready for the new challenge ahead after picking up his first head coach position at club level.

However there is more to it, than just landing a two-season deal at Sangre Grande club North East Stars, said the 39 year-old former Trinidad and Tobago international.

“I’m really happy to be part of the North East family,” Eve said following his official unveiling on Wednesday as coach for the upcoming 2012-13 season which would be followed by a second season in 2013-2014, covering the two-season agreement.

Eve who recently completed his stint as the T&T U23s head coach revealed, “I think the (North East Stars) president Mr. (Darryl) Mahabir has done so much with football over the years, and he has lamented such when he said that he wants to put back into the youths.

“That’s my hope, dreams and aspirations. I really love seeing youths come from nothing and become something. Being from a background of the ‘ghetto’, Carenage, where we now call one of the ‘hot spots’, I love the opportunity to help other people out of that scenario and the president of the club also said the same thing.

“That was me buying into the project [at North East Stars]. Mahabir wants to bring the club back into prominence and also get into the communities which I think is very invaluable to the communities based on what’s happening in the country right now [with the crime situation]. We keep a lot of kids off the streets and doing something positive. That’s the way that the club wants to go, I bought into the ideas that the president have.”

Eve was popularized as a coach while working with youth players during his time at San Juan Jabloteh, while also filling the role of assistant coach to senior team coach Englishman Terry Fenwick from 2006-2008 lifting the League title as assistant in 2007 and 2008.

In 2009 he moved on as assistant coach at Ma Pau SC alongside head coach Michael McComie and celebrated the Toyota Classic title in 2010.

His most recent role was with the T&T U23s in Olympic qualifiers as head coach which began last year and led the young ‘Warriors’ to the CONCACAF qualifying earlier this year before subsequently bowing out.

“I’ve worked with senior players at Ma Pau and at Jabloteh, so it’s not something new to me,” responded Eve over his new role as head coach of a club.

“I wasn’t the head coach at those clubs and that’s the only difference in the dynamic. But I think I’ve gained the respect of the players in the League as a player and as a coach,” said the 117 capped former T&T midfielder.

He added, “The people at North East Stars have a lot of experience that I can tap into. My experience as the National U23s coach and one little stint with the seniors has actually helped me to develop my coaching skills and my ability to deal with players with big egos, so I think I relish the opportunity to come in and try to help the club with the ability and experience that I have gained and also to help the league move forward.”

Eve retired from international football in 2006 after his non-selection for his country’s historic World Cup appearance in Germany, while his club career included stints at Joe Public (1993-94, 1997-98, 2000), Defence Force (1995-96) English club Chester City (1999-2000) and San Juan Jabloteh (2001-2006) winning the League Championship in 2002 and 2003.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2012, 04:20:03 PM »
Nobody egos bigger than yours Angus.

He didn't want any foreign players now lets see him take NE Stars to the next level with the locals guys.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2012, 12:11:46 AM »
Sam , i do agree with you to "some" extent, but not all the way. i go agree that some of the 06 warriors are selfish fellas, but i don't believe that brent sancho is one of them. i believe the fellas yuh should be directing this too iz man like latapy and yorke to name a few! but fellas like sancho and kelvin jack lose out on a lot bc they stood up to warner.

i do agree with you when you said that they neglect their duty to the public as stars of the local game. i believe that they should have mobilized the people and made a run for the leadership of the TTFF even if they failed.

imagine the last election camps went on challenged, this lousy man who has been doing an equally lousy job, and he was reelected without a challenge, now that was appalling on the path of the football fraternity in T&T.

breds, the reason why football ded in trinbago , is bc of the fans, the media, the business community, and the old guard (TTFF). the fans bc they didn't show enough interest in the dilapidated way football has been handled for the past three decades. they stood by and let warner and camps dictate football with his bag of money, and no body eh even bother as much as to pelt ah molitoff in jack car self, tuh show them that we serious.

these fans is the worst i've ever seen, they don't have one shred of activism in them, yet still they have the nerve to bawl down warner , but fraid to even organize a protest in front of the TTFF, MOS, and prime minister's office, or form an organization to stand up against the detractors of football in this country.

the media is also to blame, since they rarely go up against warner and his miss use of power, or even educate the public and warner's miss handling of football funds. how could this rag tag bunch of awful administrators be voted in unchallenged time after time ? ah mean it's facking mind boggling!!!!!!!!!

the business community should also shoulder some of this blame, take jamaica for instance. the business community is the main financial contributors in the subsidization of jamaican football. they take the brunt of the load as far as sponsorship goes, plus here in T&T there are incentives for companies that engage in sponsorship, yet they chide from sponsoring our football.

IMO the TTFF should have been dismantled and discarded yrs ago! if not by force, then by constant activism! yuh think all this could go on in places where ppl would give their left nut for football. places like argentina, columbia, england, brazil, mexico, ireland, germany etc ?? some body would have done some seriously unscrupulous things to the members of that federation, but here in T&T we to damn backward and sleepy!

the fans is boo in trinbago!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 12:40:31 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2012, 09:45:20 AM »
This is a good move by Eve. He needs more experience and he will be in a position to not only gain that experience but once he performs well in time he will get his opportunity again.
Anton Corneal needs to do that same. The national teams is no place to gain experience Anton and the rest need to be plying their trade in at least the Pro League or higher.

As for Coop's I don't think he is entirely off the mark. Sancho and the rest, including Football Supporter as far as I know still hasn't given any real explaination as to why they are no longer with North East Stars, if they did it was really under the radar. In fact I don't know about anybody else but how I found out FS was not with North East was not from his words but Tallman.  FS here everyday and it take Tallman for me to even know he wasn't there, but who knows maybe he made an press release like what they did with Stern.  Cause when Stern talked about the club they came out in full force with all kinda press release.

And is not like they "have to" discuss anything with the public, but if you showing that you're different from the TTFF and all the other people who think they don't have to be transparent with the public then you need to be transparent. If they can't discuss the happenings of dey club who is to say if they were in charge of the TTFF or any other entity they would discuss fraud, or any misappropriations of funds, etc. Stern stated the organization is/was (maybe was since there seems to be some sort of changing of the guards)  run unprofessionally and I wouldn't doubt that there's something to that.
Nothing against FS or any of them but it kinda suspicious that they been so "quiet" about the dealings of their former club.
Who know maybe the bacchanal would generate more interest in the club because the losses ent really helping much.

But back to Eve good luck, learn the game yuh have potential  :beermug:

Why FS, Sancho or anybody have to be "transparent" about their PRIVATE employment situation??  Do you come and post about when you leave your job?  The man posted on behalf of his employer while in their employ... sure it would have been nice had he made a post saying "Just for the record..." but so what if he didn't.  It is beyond foolish to even bring up transparency as it relates to the TTFF in this context.
-----------------------------------

FS you self eh helping the situation with that suing talk... unless yuh have money throw away behind some lawyer I suggest you ease that talk. Flex and dem, and not even Coop's have anything to worry about.

I most certainly would have posted info about the happenings at the club I was at and if I left I would also post that info. That is normal in England and all over the world to give account to the "public" when you're in football. After all you depend on the public for support (maybe that is partially why the support sucks in T&T; the people don't feel part of the team).  They do it in England all the time.

Additionally if you're being transparent, you're being transparent. Why should someone feel comfortable with Sancho, Jeffries, and others feeling that they don't need to inform the public about happenings at the club or anything else; but feel comfortable with them in a positon with the TTFF where that mentality already exists. It builds confidence to inform the public so that if they were in charge and was accused of any a coverup and wrong doings the public could say nah man that is not them we woulda hear something bout that already.
The problem in T&T is that no one feels accountable to anyone. From government to the child walking the street.

I am not bashing Sancho or anyone else; it really is simple, it's a relationship they have with the public....just like any other relationship, as it develops you want to feel like the person you're in a relationship with is keeping you informed of what's going on so if you hear anything untoward, you could confidently say that is NOT him or her, he/she ent like that because I woulda know bout it.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2012, 09:52:58 AM »
This is a good move by Eve. He needs more experience and he will be in a position to not only gain that experience but once he performs well in time he will get his opportunity again.
Anton Corneal needs to do that same. The national teams is no place to gain experience Anton and the rest need to be plying their trade in at least the Pro League or higher.

As for Coop's I don't think he is entirely off the mark. Sancho and the rest, including Football Supporter as far as I know still hasn't given any real explaination as to why they are no longer with North East Stars, if they did it was really under the radar. In fact I don't know about anybody else but how I found out FS was not with North East was not from his words but Tallman.  FS here everyday and it take Tallman for me to even know he wasn't there, but who knows maybe he made an press release like what they did with Stern.  Cause when Stern talked about the club they came out in full force with all kinda press release.

And is not like they "have to" discuss anything with the public, but if you showing that you're different from the TTFF and all the other people who think they don't have to be transparent with the public then you need to be transparent. If they can't discuss the happenings of dey club who is to say if they were in charge of the TTFF or any other entity they would discuss fraud, or any misappropriations of funds, etc. Stern stated the organization is/was (maybe was since there seems to be some sort of changing of the guards)  run unprofessionally and I wouldn't doubt that there's something to that.
Nothing against FS or any of them but it kinda suspicious that they been so "quiet" about the dealings of their former club.
Who know maybe the bacchanal would generate more interest in the club because the losses ent really helping much.

I hear what you're saying, an understand your points. However, there are certain instances where releasing information is unwise. As you will note, we were never shy in making press statements, even when the news wasn't always positive. In my personal situation, I negotiated to be released from my contract in February as I was disillusioned with the direction the club was taking and the decisions being made. There are no hard feelings on my part and I was not forced out of the club.  :beermug:

It's good that you understand what i'm saying. It's all part of helping the game grow in T&T. Good or bad it's good to get the public involved so they feel they have a vested interest in that or any other club. Every bit helps!!!
As for your personal situation it is good that you have no hard feelings and weren't forced out. Maybe something could be learned/gained from that situation which would help improve things on both sides in the future  :beermug:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2012, 11:52:15 AM »

Why FS, Sancho or anybody have to be "transparent" about their PRIVATE employment situation??  Do you come and post about when you leave your job?  The man posted on behalf of his employer while in their employ... sure it would have been nice had he made a post saying "Just for the record..." but so what if he didn't.  It is beyond foolish to even bring up transparency as it relates to the TTFF in this context.

FS you self eh helping the situation with that suing talk... unless yuh have money throw away behind some lawyer I suggest you ease that talk. Flex and dem, and not even Coop's have anything to worry about.

I most certainly would have posted info about the happenings at the club I was at and if I left I would also post that info. That is normal in England and all over the world to give account to the "public" when you're in football. After all you depend on the public for support (maybe that is partially why the support sucks in T&T; the people don't feel part of the team).  They do it in England all the time.

Additionally if you're being transparent, you're being transparent. Why should someone feel comfortable with Sancho, Jeffries, and others feeling that they don't need to inform the public about happenings at the club or anything else; but feel comfortable with them in a positon with the TTFF where that mentality already exists. It builds confidence to inform the public so that if they were in charge and was accused of any a coverup and wrong doings the public could say nah man that is not them we woulda hear something bout that already.
The problem in T&T is that no one feels accountable to anyone. From government to the child walking the street.

I am not bashing Sancho or anyone else; it really is simple, it's a relationship they have with the public....just like any other relationship, as it develops you want to feel like the person you're in a relationship with is keeping you informed of what's going on so if you hear anything untoward, you could confidently say that is NOT him or her, he/she ent like that because I woulda know bout it.

Ok, so if what you say is true, then the club has the first responsibility to its supporters and the public? After all, administrators come and go, but the club remains, and thats who the fans support. So why are you so adamanat that myself, Sancho and Jeffers need to be transparent? Isn't it the responsibility of the club to inform its supporters? And if the club made a statement, perhaps there would be a response? Also, if you, the public, want information, why haven't you contacted Mr Mahabir as I haven't been forthcoming?

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2012, 12:04:45 PM »
Eve coach a team to collect 7 rass goals from Mexico,dat shit shouldn't happen today we coaches jess doh have the ability,leh we jess stick to de foreigners an dem.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2012, 02:07:27 PM »

Ok, so if what you say is true, then the club has the first responsibility to its supporters and the public? After all, administrators come and go, but the club remains, and thats who the fans support. So why are you so adamanat that myself, Sancho and Jeffers need to be transparent? Isn't it the responsibility of the club to inform its supporters? And if the club made a statement, perhaps there would be a response? Also, if you, the public, want information, why haven't you contacted Mr Mahabir as I haven't been forthcoming?

I agree 100% that the club should be more transparent. The reason I put the onus on you and Sancho is simple really.
I expect that level of unprofessionalism from most of the clubs and their administrators in T&T.  I believe that since Sancho, you and others who have been exposed to more professional environments would not do as they do in T&T but be the difference.
Stern openly spoke out about it, as some would view that as unprofessional but when you've experienced a truly professional environment it's hard to accept less so that's why I made mention of it. It's nothing personal I just felt you'll could be the example of how things should be done  :beermug:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2012, 09:03:10 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/coPS9vDrGAI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/coPS9vDrGAI</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2012, 08:48:51 PM »
Mahabir has always been real passionate about using football in the community to set good examples. And his point about every business supporting local football is spot on. Even if they only throw $5k at a club, some good will come from it. More businesses should follow the example of Japs.

I hear North East signed Kerry Baptiste today. Be interesting to see the impact he makes.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2012, 06:00:32 AM »
Mahabir has always been real passionate about using football in the community to set good examples. And his point about every business supporting local football is spot on. Even if they only throw $5k at a club, some good will come from it. More businesses should follow the example of Japs.

I hear North East signed Kerry Baptiste today. Be interesting to see the impact he makes.

Eve start to sign his  Carenage boys

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2012, 06:19:21 AM »
Good luck, fellas. Good stuff all around. Make it happen.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2012, 06:27:43 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CjAYefZ0gC4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/CjAYefZ0gC4</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2012, 09:04:02 AM »
Good to see North East Stars making moves and talking about it  :beermug:

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2012, 09:12:36 AM »
North East Stars does change coaches like cloths.

Ah wonder how long Angus Eve go last ?

And knowing Eve he head bigger that he game, so he might be unemployed by September..  :rotfl:

Lewwe see what kinda preparations he will make before de season start.

I like Mahabir passion though, wish de TTFF had de same.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2012, 04:06:21 PM »
Mahabir has plenty of passion for football. That sentence is also the answer to your first statement!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2012, 04:50:24 PM »

And knowing Eve he head bigger that he game, so he might be unemployed by September..  :rotfl:

Look, if Mahabir get good players for Angus and they win everything is mute.  Most winning teams in the world have access to money. Mahabir is an astute business man. But football is a sport that needs infusion of cash at a moments notice. You want some players and you have money to outbid the other teams and  you get them. That is how team sports work. DM don't have that kind of money as yet. Plus the playing field situation is one of the biggest hindrance his organization. I really wish the best. Good to see a QRC man doing good. All who for Japs Fry Chicken!!! Say Aye.!!!!!!!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2012, 05:27:30 PM »

Look, if Mahabir get good players for Angus and they win everything is mute.  Most winning teams in the world have access to money. Mahabir is an astute business man. But football is a sport that needs infusion of cash at a moments notice. You want some players and you have money to outbid the other teams and  you get them. That is how team sports work. DM don't have that kind of money as yet. Plus the playing field situation is one of the biggest hindrance his organization. I really wish the best. Good to see a QRC man doing good. All who for Japs Fry Chicken!!! Say Aye.!!!!!!!

And there's your problem with T&T football. Of course its nice to win, but you have to balance that with player development and your responsibilty to your community. Yes, you can buy a winning team, but unless you invest for the long term, you'll have to keep buying. And there is not enough money in T&T football to support that plan

Look when Real Madrid played Barca. Barca had 6 players who cost nothing as they came through their academy. Can't remember all of them, but I know it was Messi plus, I think, Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta. Ronaldo cost more than the whole Barca starting 11.

Now, RM could afford it as they have huge support and earn millions of Euros each game at the gate, through replica shirts and tv money. Theres none of that in T&T football. Also, look at Man Utd nearly $1 billion in debt. Spurs may not have won much, but they still get a full house, have some big players and a good academy and have a relatively healthy financial status.

And by development, I mean proper programmes starting with 8 and 9 year olds.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 05:29:01 PM by Football supporter »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2012, 07:54:13 PM »
Look when Real Madrid played Barca. Barca had 6 players who cost nothing as they came through their academy. Can't remember all of them, but I know it was Messi plus, I think, Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta. Ronaldo cost more than the whole Barca starting 11.

That is correct. But let us see if Barca can produce a bunch of p[layers like this on a regualr basis. Ever so often a team produce a group of players and then after a time they only producing lemons. Manu had Beckham, Scholes, Butt, and a couple other and they leap-frogged liverpool.  Ajax had their group of wonderkins, Bayern had theirs. I remember Bolivia had their Tauichi Academy with Echeveria and now they have not produce anything. Every dog has its day. Now is Barca's turn.
 From about  1965 to 1978, South trinidad produced some of the greatest ballers the country has ever seen. Now is guava.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2012, 08:26:21 PM »

That is correct. But let us see if Barca can produce a bunch of p[layers like this on a regualr basis. Ever so often a team produce a group of players and then after a time they only producing lemons. Manu had Beckham, Scholes, Butt, and a couple other and they leap-frogged liverpool.  Ajax had their group of wonderkins, Bayern had theirs. I remember Bolivia had their Tauichi Academy with Echeveria and now they have not produce anything. Every dog has its day. Now is Barca's turn.
 From about  1965 to 1978, South trinidad produced some of the greatest ballers the country has ever seen. Now is guava.

I agree with your comments. However, those clubs still produce a surprising number of lesser first tier club players and lower league players which is also important to the survival of football and produces income to purchase a star player.
There will always be a gifted group that emerges, but mean time, while you're not producing a Messi or Beckham, you can't always afford to spend big, so you have to play the "lesser" products of your academy. 

Football is a factory and not all of the products are Porsche's, but your Fords and Hondas keep you in business.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Eve-lution at Stars as Caledonia cut down
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2012, 07:20:55 PM »
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

New Pro League head coach Angus Eve and his North East Stars squad threw out a challenge to Trinidad and Tobago’s established football order last night as the Sangre Grande stunned Caribbean champions, Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA, en route to a 3-1 win at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port of Spain.

There was something about the manner in which Caledonia was hassled off the ball and the impertinent way that 2006 World Cup striker Cornell Glen converted the opening goal that suggested it might be a pivotal moment.

Eve had seen it before—in his head.

“The game played out exactly how I thought it would,” Eve told Wired868. “I have played against Jamaal (Shabazz) and I have seen his Caledonia and Guyana play. He likes to play from the back, he likes 4-4-2; he tends to be a bit predictable.

“They would have thought they saw me play (in the pre-season) and I saw Jamaal did an interview saying they expected us to play 4-5-1. I think we surprised them.”

Caledonia AIA, which has played three CONCACAF Champions League games already, lined up in a 4-4-2 system that, as always, aimed to attack the flanks. Stars responded with a 3-5-2 formation that condensed space for the opposing centre forwards while its full backs pressed high against the Caledonia wingers.

Caledonia, with playmaner Densill Theobald back from a successful season with Indian team Dempo SC, looked to pull Stars asunder with clever ball movement. Stars, led by combative, stocky midfielder Jean-Luc Rochford, aimed to turn the contest into a battle of wills rather than skill.

The first half ended goalless with Caledonia marginally better but neither team able to get behind the opposing defence. Towering striker Jamal Gay just missed the near post with a powerful header from 16 yards, off a Theobald cross, but it was a rare moment of adventure.

“Caledonia is already in its season, so I expected (Caledonia) to be better on the ball and more match fit,” said Eve. “We were solid defensively and tried to restrict their chances…

“We thought we would wait and then press as a team and try to win the ball high up the pitch.”

The critical moment came as scripted. Caledonia and Guyana international left back Walter Moore tried to play a wall pass with teenaged compatriot Treyon Bobb rather than a simple pass back to his central defender.

The Stars duo of Jayson Joseph and Elijah Manners hustled Bobb off the ball and quickly relayed possession to Glen who strode at the retreating Caledonia defenders before placing into the far corner from the edge of the penalty area.

Read More

« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 06:58:31 AM by Flex »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Eve-lution at Stars as Caledonia cut down
« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2012, 07:46:51 PM »
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

Caledonia AIA, which has played three CONCACAF Champions League games already, lined up in a 4-4-2 system that, as always, aimed to attack the flanks. Stars responded with a 3-5-2 formation that condensed space for the opposing centre forwards while its full backs pressed high against the Caledonia wingers.
Read More: http://www.wired868.com/2012/09/15/eve-lution-at-stars-as-caledonia-cut-down/

??? ???
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2012, 07:58:36 PM »
I tried to clarify further by explaining that the three central defenders condensed space for the opposing centre forwards. Does that help?

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2012, 10:25:43 PM »
Good write up Lasana.

Well FS it seems Eve and North East startiing strong  ;)
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2012, 10:26:42 AM »
Good write up Lasana.

Gonna get interesting when Central play North East!!

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2012, 11:18:24 AM »
Good write up Lasana.

Gonna get interesting when Central play North East!!

Wish the league a competitive and attractive brand. May the best team win
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

1]; } ?>