April 26, 2024, 06:34:52 PM

Author Topic: I shoulda gone to Germany....  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I shoulda gone to Germany....
« on: November 28, 2011, 11:29:11 AM »
To those here who made the trip, I envy you.

And here I was actually telling myself that more was to come, small thing.

Now we might have to wait until the Caribbean gets an automatic spot before we challenge again seriously.

Truth is nobody know whether they will be around for the next time we hit a World Cup.

Brazil would have been ideal, now man have to think about going to flikkin Russia or in the desert.

But I have a  plan..... I will now lower my standards and look at the Gold Cup as my World Cup and go the games there once we qualify. If not, maybe then the Caribbean Cup.. At least the next one is in Antigua, that will be sweet...But wait, do we have to qualify for the tournament?? Lord.

I hope the TTFF and whoever running it put in a bid for the next tournament after that. It seems we can beat Caribbean teams at home based on our current unbeaten record.

Ato Boldon is a genius - track star turn documentary producer and put out a DVD and even autograph it and thing, cause he see that it woulda potentially be a one time thing. Talk about seeing an opportunity. Good hustle!

Wish the politicians and administrators could have some sense like him. I remember after Germany at the celebration in the Stadium to welcome back the Warriors, Manning say no expense will be spared for the team to achieve South Africa 2010 and it was a national objective! Crowd gone mad.
What a waste.

And I was thinking we cldnt get worse than flag-man Gary Hunt, now Spalk saying Govt not going to pay national coach international salary range until we competing for a WC spot. Just sums up the short-sightedness of administration in our country. We doomed to repeat the same strategy that we have used since 1991, and then wonder why we cant consistently perform at a high level at all national levels.

CONCACAF is blessed with one-hit wonders in international football - Canada, Honduras, Haiti, Jamaica, Cuba, El Salvador, now T&T join this elite group. Maybe we just hadda accept that qualifying for a World Cup is actually exceeding expectations for our football programme?

The one good thing about the current state of affairs is that it cannot get any worse, well actually yes, if we dont even qualify for the Caribbean Cup next year. But we now have ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD to put something in place. So when next qualifiers come around, will we hear the same ole excuses about not enough preparation.

I wonder if Ato did a documentary on the trip to Guyana ?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I shoulda gone to Germany....
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 11:32:46 AM »
Evry WCQ season  I say thank God I went because like is we alpha and omega WC.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 11:44:12 AM »
One Hit Wonder? Steups USA qualifying since Nov 19th 1989..... Brazil here we come.... USA USA USA

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 12:13:53 PM »
Deep down inside you all know is JW that qualify us for the 06 WC,it eh have no more WC to qualify for so who went Germany thank your blessings,we have to admit it's all over,the good or bad days how ever you want to call it is over,take a page from Haiti and Jamaica alyu was laughing at them,thanks to FIFA (Blatter/Blazer) the future of Caribbean Football is doomed.
Our Football has been on the decline since we qualify for the 06 WC,it's a steady downhill battle we have been fighting since that day,don't be surprise we are where we are today.It's the same thing happen to Netball,Jean Pierre must be turning in her grave,her Complex is a White Elephant.   

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 04:32:28 PM »
Complex is a White Elephant.

JPC is not a white elephant. It just outdated. The last admin had a design to cover JPC including the tennis court. Tennis would have had their own facility. None of the facilities are white elephants. The sports admin have no clue how to use them except for the international tournaments.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 06:09:04 PM »
Complex is a White Elephant.

JPC is not a white elephant. It just outdated. The last admin had a design to cover JPC including the tennis court. Tennis would have had their own facility. None of the facilities are white elephants. The sports admin have no clue how to use them except for the international tournaments.
Ah eh lying, the last five sports ministers we had were all lame ducks! including this fackin loud mouth dunce who's in office now.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 07:22:53 PM »
To those here who made the trip, I envy you.

And here I was actually telling myself that more was to come, small thing.

Now we might have to wait until the Caribbean gets an automatic spot before we challenge again seriously.

Truth is nobody know whether they will be around for the next time we hit a World Cup.

Brazil would have been ideal, now man have to think about going to flikkin Russia or in the desert.

But I have a  plan..... I will now lower my standards and look at the Gold Cup as my World Cup and go the games there once we qualify. If not, maybe then the Caribbean Cup.. At least the next one is in Antigua, that will be sweet...But wait, do we have to qualify for the tournament?? Lord.

I hope the TTFF and whoever running it put in a bid for the next tournament after that. It seems we can beat Caribbean teams at home based on our current unbeaten record.

Ato Boldon is a genius - track star turn documentary producer and put out a DVD and even autograph it and thing, cause he see that it woulda potentially be a one time thing. Talk about seeing an opportunity. Good hustle!

Wish the politicians and administrators could have some sense like him. I remember after Germany at the celebration in the Stadium to welcome back the Warriors, Manning say no expense will be spared for the team to achieve South Africa 2010 and it was a national objective! Crowd gone mad.
What a waste.

And I was thinking we cldnt get worse than flag-man Gary Hunt, now Spalk saying Govt not going to pay national coach international salary range until we competing for a WC spot. Just sums up the short-sightedness of administration in our country. We doomed to repeat the same strategy that we have used since 1991, and then wonder why we cant consistently perform at a high level at all national levels.

CONCACAF is blessed with one-hit wonders in international football - Canada, Honduras, Haiti, Jamaica, Cuba, El Salvador, now T&T join this elite group. Maybe we just hadda accept that qualifying for a World Cup is actually exceeding expectations for our football programme?

The one good thing about the current state of affairs is that it cannot get any worse, well actually yes, if we dont even qualify for the Caribbean Cup next year. But we now have ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD to put something in place. So when next qualifiers come around, will we hear the same ole excuses about not enough preparation.

I wonder if Ato did a documentary on the trip to Guyana ?

ah doh mean to rub salt in the wound but you real miss out

the experience was second to none, real  camaraderie and vibes

and women in abundance ;D

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 06:17:17 AM »
Welcome back COOPS. After that T&T performance against Suriname I know that you must be glad for your boy- Angus. Well there is light at the end of the tunell.

1]; } ?>