March 18, 2024, 11:20:22 PM

Author Topic: John released, Birchall ‘unprotected’  (Read 12786 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: John released, Birchall ‘unprotected’
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2011, 07:45:01 AM »
Sam is right,i too am surprised i thought Sancho was in control,who runs those charities?who hires and fires players?who selects the the players who starts and makes the subs on NE Stars?who runs the Youth programs?how many players in the club are paid professionals?why Sancho and Jefries were on the bench in certain games? etc etc this more sound like a JW run club if you ask me,Daryl not easy.
       What i like with you is you have good excuses for everything,i am sure there are players who don't get paid,holding down a daily job and are expected to be on time for practices and games just like Stern,Sancho in one person should know how this feels because he is one of our WC heroes and future President.

Coops, not sure what you're getting at here, but you need to keep up to speed with ProLeague. Every North East player is a full time professional footballer. Football is not a charity. It costs a minimum TT$1 million to run a ProLeague club. Just providing ice costs over $20k per year!! You cannot make back your money with tv rights or gate receipts. Clubs work really hard to get 20 or 30 more people through the gate.

Like any business (or football club) the Directors, Chairman or President has the final say. Jeffrey was on the bench for certain games because the squad was short due to injury and International call ups. With a squad of 20, once you have 5 T&T senior national players, 2 U23 and 1 Guyana international it puts pressure on selection. Plus when you pay one player a salary that could pay four other senior players, you take a gamble.

There are reasons, not excuses. Players all over the world arrive late for training. They are disciplined. This is standard practice.

You studying Coop's he was the only PRO T&T ever had.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2011, 07:47:09 AM »
Stern has no reason to lie, what kind of money he could make with NE Stars? Maximum 1000GBP a month?
No way he was staying for longer that the 3 months unless TT was still involved in the WC.
The reason for playing for NES is obvious, match fitness and anybody who klnows Stern would tell you he is a disciplined professional and would have been shocked of the trainig indiscipline that exists in most clubs in the Pro League.
I admire Stern for speaking out about the indiscipline in local football and hope that these sort of comments do some good.

You're talking from a position of naivety. £1,000 per month? Guess again mate, you're well short. Stern was the best paid player in the ProLeague. Infact, probably, no other person involved in the league was paid more than him. He used North East for his own purposes, which is fair enough. North East thought they would get more from the deal and they lost the gamble. They can now sign four new players with money saved from Stern.

Instead of admiring Stern, why aren't you asking him why he doesn't stay so he can help raise standards? You think making this statement and threatening the livlihood of his fellow players is a good example and professional? These comments could have been made in private. They could at least have been made at the football consultation event. Wouldn't that have been more useful and professional?

Anyone can criticise, but it takes someone who cares about the game, not his public image, to offer solutions and stay and help solve the problems.

Stern has no reason to lie? Who said he was lying? But his opinions could be fueled by others. Ask yourself who wrote the press release and why. All is not always what it seems.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2011, 07:48:32 AM »
Rel b@#%h arse move from Stern. These fellas could never ever be legendary. Why he couldn't face Sancho and the admin as big men? Rel lil boy move from he.

Sancho should say he want back he bail money......   :devil:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 07:54:08 AM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2011, 11:05:16 AM »
Sorry but I think Stern in the wrong here when it comes to publicly criticizing the club.
Seems a big misunderstanding due to the wording of the press release. (same way with the PM Plot lol)
I guess Stern took the word 'release' to heart  :-\

I hope NE Stars don't suffer due to the negative publicity.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2011, 11:27:34 AM »
Sorry but I think Stern in the wrong here when it comes to publicly criticizing the club.
Seems a big misunderstanding due to the wording of the press release. (same way with the PM Plot lol)
I guess Stern took the word 'release' to heart  :-\

I hope NE Stars don't suffer due to the negative publicity.

Agreed... matter of semantics, "released" vs. "left the club."  In hindsight it probably should have said "agreed to part ways/have parted ways."  But to go blast the club's preparation and organization like this, is just poor.  Forget about the fact that the club was the only one willing to pay whatever, yadda yadda... just on principle men must learn to subordinate ego to common sense and tact.  Even if you feel hard done by, responding with this kinda bitchiness only makes you look, well...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2011, 07:44:15 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KkfeTmeHBDg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KkfeTmeHBDg</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2011, 07:54:51 PM »
"I never had a contract with NE Stars... just a verbal agreement"... somebody tell this idiot that a verbal agreement is a contract,  as Jack Warner and the TTFF fully appreciates now.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2011, 07:56:17 PM »
"I never had a contract with NE Stars... just a verbal agreement"... somebody tell this idiot that a verbal agreement is a contract,  as Jack Warner and the TTFF fully appreciates now.

Stern should know better than that after the court case with the Warriors and the TTFF which is still ongoing!!  :-[
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2011, 08:11:18 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KkfeTmeHBDg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KkfeTmeHBDg</a>

Fuentes did not need John for the interview.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2011, 08:50:23 PM »
Plenty of allyuh hearing but you are not listening.   I can't believe the big issue with what Stern said.  I thought by now the official policy regarding all things T&T football, is call it as it is.  We fans do it.  Mr. Pfister does it.  Weren't we thankful when the players talked their talk against the TTFF?   It's obvious that NE stars didn't handle it well but considering all things football in Trinidad, I don't see the big deal with Stern's comments.

Answer me this:  Which club gonna hire a player without a written contract and pay that player a wage worth 4 players?  You still think Stern just bitter?  I don't know why allyuh jumbieing  the man.

And so what if he's paid more. When you hire someone you hire a career, you hire a resume.  So who cares if his resume is worth 10 guys from La Horquetta?   This is what T&T football needs.  Full disclosure when stupidness happens from credible sources.   

Isn't this what we want?  Or are we picking and choosing?  This clip simply reiterates all things football in T&T .   ;D  I glad he talk.   
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2011, 09:15:43 PM »
Plenty of allyuh hearing but you are not listening.   I can't believe the big issue with what Stern said.  I thought by now the official policy regarding all things T&T football, is call it as it is.  We fans do it.  Mr. Pfister does it.  Weren't we thankful when the players talked their talk against the TTFF?   It's obvious that NE stars didn't handle it well but considering all things football in Trinidad, I don't see the big deal with Stern's comments.

Answer me this:  Which club gonna hire a player without a written contract and pay that player a wage worth 4 players?  You still think Stern just bitter?  I don't know why allyuh jumbieing  the man.

And so what if he's paid more. When you hire someone you hire a career, you hire a resume.  So who cares if his resume is worth 10 guys from La Horquetta?   This is what T&T football needs.  Full disclosure when stupidness happens from credible sources.   

Isn't this what we want?  Or are we picking and choosing?  This clip simply reiterates all things football in T&T .   ;D  I glad he talk.   

That clip is old talk, about HE choose NE Stars, and HE decided that where he will play, and HE decided to walk away, HE, HE, HE, HE. Stueps his ego so fragile. Why when he see how unprofessional they were he didn't walk away then? Now no National football and all of a sudden he have problems when they release him?

Big man is big man and Stern John fail.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2011, 09:36:21 PM »

Really not sure what your point is here. I certainly know that you don't know the whole story...you certainly don't know North Easts version of events. 

Answer me this:  Which club gonna hire a player without a written contract and pay that player a wage worth 4 players?  You still think Stern just bitter?  I don't know why allyuh jumbieing  the man.  How you know it wasn't Stern who wanted the verbal contract?

Full disclosure when stupidness happens from credible sources.     That requires someone to give the full story, not just his side of things. North East won't reveal certain information because it may not be good for the image of the game, the club, or even the player involved.

This clip simply reiterates all things football in T&T Yup. Why, I wonder does the TTFF media officer feel it worthy to give a platform for a player to damage the image of a ProLeague club? Isn't it the role of TTFF to support professional football. Didn't Mr Watson & Anil Roberts last week say that football organisations need to work together? Yet here we have Mr Fuentes allowing a player, who obviously is upset with his former club, to make disparaging comments.

If Stern John wants to criticise, thats his right, and the route to do this is through regular journalists. Fuentes is paid to promote football in T&T. I'm sure his job description does not include slamming ProLeague clubs. I have no problem with him penning opinion pieces, but as a TTFF employee, he should be made accountable for his actions, particularly if he is bringing the game into disrepute. He has, after all, editorial control and could have explained to Stern that he can't be associated with negative comments that could effect a club, and the ProLeagues, image. He should be sacked immediately. He knew what he was doing. He probably has a grudge with Sancho and this was too good a chance to miss.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2011, 10:20:20 PM »

As FS said... I'm really not sure what your point is exactly.  What are we supposed to be "listening" to?

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2011, 10:21:11 PM »
Ok FS check this.   The interview was based on what NE's side of the story was.  So as far as I'm concerned we heard both sides now. 

To me it doesn't matter what Stern wanted.  No written terms for big salary?   Come nah man. 

Stern is a national player this is football news FS. 
 :beermug:

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2011, 12:33:50 AM »
And Bakes you seeing what you want to see.  In one post you talking bout ego and using common sense and tact and in the next post Blam!!!!  you calling a national treasure an idiot?  Just so just so.  Smh.   In one post you quick to raise the issue of semantics and in the next post you playing up verbal and written contract like if there is no difference whatsoever. 

Stop skipping ur meds.    ;D

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2011, 02:27:20 AM »
 As far as I read John only said 2 things of significance
1. That he was not released but chose to leave.
2. That the club has a discipline problem.

Why make this into such a big issue?
The Pro league is a big waste of time and would have been a dead league without goverment subventions.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 02:31:41 AM by fishs »
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2011, 04:42:35 AM »
After listening to Stern interview, some of the things he said needs to be said, I am sure the players at the club is happy Stern blew up North East Stars.

How can one sign a contract to be paid for example $10,000 a month and then all of a sudden Sancho call him in the office and say he only get 5,000 this month !! what kind of shit is that ?

North East need to be exposed, Sancho took a page from Jack Warner's book.

The same way Sancho and company isn't happy how they didn't get paid by the TTFF and put them in court, now they are doing the same to players in T&T.

Thanks for the interview Shaun, it opened my eyes.

Sancho and company needs to be more professional at their jobs.

All these antics will affect the players mentally, no  wonder they are not winning any games and I doubt they will with any silverware this season, to much cooks in they kitchen.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2011, 07:09:35 AM »
After listening to Stern interview, some of the things he said needs to be said, I am sure the players at the club is happy Stern blew up North East Stars.

How can one sign a contract to be paid for example $10,000 a month and then all of a sudden Sancho call him in the office and say he only get 5,000 this month !! what kind of shit is that ?

The same way Sancho and company isn't happy how they didn't get paid by the TTFF and put them in court, now they are doing the same to players in T&T.

All these antics will affect the players mentally, no  wonder they are not winning any games and I doubt they will with any silverware this season, to much cooks in they kitchen.

At last...a North East insider!! So Errol, which player had his salary cut from $10,000 to $5,000 by Sancho? See, you're stating a fact. If this is not true, then you are making a libellous statement. IF this actually happened, you have no idea of the circumstances. For instance, what if the player was, say, 32 years old and received an injury that effected his game. With, say 3 months left on his contract, the management say, boy, we can't resign you on $10k. But what we will do, is offer you a year at $5k if you resign now. Does that not make sense? This is an example coz I have never heard of a player getting a wage cut from $10k to $5k.

I imagine there are players at North East who are probably vexed with Sterns interview. Gaining and maintaining sponsorship is very difficult and this can only make things harder. I don't know you, so if you have the balls to PM me with your identity, I would be happy to consider your comments in a different light. However, I suspect you know nothing about the ProLeague, because otherwise you would explain why so many Pro League players and promising youngsters are flocking to the club to get contracts.   This kind of lie is very damaging and unfounded: The same way Sancho and company isn't happy how they didn't get paid by the TTFF and put them in court, now they are doing the same to players in T&T, and smells of a personal vendetta.

"All these antics will affect the players mentally" This is the only worthy comment in your post. And its the reason Stern is no longer at the club, methinks.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2011, 07:12:35 AM »
As far as I read John only said 2 things of significance
1. That he was not released but chose to leave.
2. That the club has a discipline problem.

Why make this into such a big issue?
The Pro league is a big waste of time and would have been a dead league without goverment subventions.

There are no government subventions at this time. And you're correct...why did Stern make such a big issue of it? Perhaps the discipline problem has now gone away?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2011, 07:15:19 AM »
Ok FS check this.   The interview was based on what NE's side of the story was.  So as far as I'm concerned we heard both sides now. 

To me it doesn't matter what Stern wanted.  No written terms for big salary?   Come nah man. 

The interview was Sterns side of the story. Stern has made accusations, but North East have not chosen to respond. Thats their fault that you have only heard one side, but perhaps NES are maintaining a dignified silence and for the sake of their P.R. want this to die down rather than fight in public.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 07:16:35 AM by Tallman »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2011, 07:21:37 AM »

:thumbsup: :timeout: :beermug: Thanks eh Stern,for opening this can of worms. 

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2011, 07:27:04 AM »

The interview was Sterns side of the story. Stern has made accusations, but North East have not chosen to respond. Thats their fault that you have only heard one side, but perhaps NES are maintaining a dignified silence and for the sake of their P.R. want this to die down rather than fight in public.
       This is the same aproach that JW/Camps/TTFF takes when dealing with issues,speak out NE speak out,all we keep hearing is about the good you all do and it's not relating to Football.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2011, 09:27:42 AM »
I not in agreement with Stern deciding to air all NE Stars dirty laundry in public, I mean he couldve stuck to the issue of the press release and left it at that... Flinging the kitchen sink wasn't really necessary. But people need to understand Stern has a right to feel aggrieved.

If he is going on trial to a foreign club, a public press release that states that he has been "released" rather than "mutually agreed to leave the club" could seriously impact upon his bargaining position and impact on him conducting future affairs. Any prospective employer now doing a simple internet search would see him as some desperate, washed up player without options, to the point where even some no-name small team from the TT Pro League cutting him off. Now before anything, he has to explain why he can't even cut it at NE Stars. Thats the last thing he wants trying to secure the last contract of his career.

If the press release was worded to the effect of "Mutually agreed to leave, we're sorry we couldn't keep a great player like Stern, blah blah blah", then he goes to the negotiating table with a much different posture. It might sound like just semantics but is a big issue.

Also, I agree with some sentiments, I find it real fishy that the TTFF Media Officer would provide the platform for Stern to lay into his former club. Very suspect.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2011, 09:37:00 AM »
If he is going on trial to a foreign club, a public press release that states that he has been "released" rather than "mutually agreed to leave the club" could seriously impact upon his bargaining position and impact on him conducting future affairs. Any prospective employer now doing a simple internet search would see him as some desperate, washed up player without options, to the point where even some no-name small team from the TT Pro League cutting him off. Now before anything, he has to explain why he can't even cut it at NE Stars. Thats the last thing he wants trying to secure the last contract of his career.
Me eh know how people cyah see dat. Talking bout is semantics. 'Dumped' and 'mutually separated' are two totally distinct scenarios.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2011, 09:40:33 AM »
I not in agreement with Stern deciding to air all NE Stars dirty laundry in public, I mean he couldve stuck to the issue of the press release and left it at that... Flinging the kitchen sink wasn't really necessary. But people need to understand Stern has a right to feel aggrieved.

If the press release was worded to the effect of "Mutually agreed to leave, we're sorry we couldn't keep a great player like Stern, blah blah blah", then he goes to the negotiating table with a much different posture. It might sound like just semantics but is a big issue.

Also, I agree with some sentiments, I find it real fishy that the TTFF Media Officer would provide the platform for Stern to lay into his former club. Very suspect.

I agree completely with your sentiments. However, an off the cuff comment by the owner to an enquiry by a journalist was immediately corrected by their press release. Any club serious about signing Stern would call Sancho for a reference. However, by making disparaging comments in the press, doesn't help his cause.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2011, 10:07:13 AM »
Me eh know how people cyah see dat. Talking bout is semantics. 'Dumped' and 'mutually separated' are two totally distinct scenarios.

De official press release never said that he was "released". Read it again.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline ProPlaya

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2011, 10:38:33 AM »
No one here knows all the facts. One of my freinds, Bradley Welch was training with North East cus he was going to Pioland on trial. He was telling me that they are the most profesional club in the league. He sais Stern John was causing lots of problems cus he was disapearing ant not telling no one. Like after he was arrested they were calling him but never heard from him until tuesday. Then he punched a player in the face in the dressing room after a game and went to England without telling them cus the other players crew was after him. And he didn't report for training after the Guyana game when others did and then the last time they saw him was at a practise match when the coach substituted him at half time cus he was affecting the team and he just left without permission and the owner got vex and said he was finished.

He said that most of the players are pleased hes gone and moral is much better and there some good players coming in. I think there are some small problems cus the owner wants to be involve, but he won the league a few years ago so maybe he thinks he can help.

But Stern was wrong to say all this even if he was vex cus North east not saying shit about how he was.       

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2011, 10:45:28 AM »
Yeah ahmm... so welcome to the forum ProPlaya...

New around these parts?    :thinking:

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2011, 10:52:13 AM »
mama
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2011, 11:19:54 AM »
No one here knows all the facts. One of my freinds, Bradley Welch was training with North East cus he was going to Pioland on trial. He was telling me that they are the most profesional club in the league. He sais Stern John was causing lots of problems cus he was disapearing ant not telling no one. Like after he was arrested they were calling him but never heard from him until tuesday. Then he punched a player in the face in the dressing room after a game and went to England without telling them cus the other players crew was after him. And he didn't report for training after the Guyana game when others did and then the last time they saw him was at a practise match when the coach substituted him at half time cus he was affecting the team and he just left without permission and the owner got vex and said he was finished.

He said that most of the players are pleased hes gone and moral is much better and there some good players coming in. I think there are some small problems cus the owner wants to be involve, but he won the league a few years ago so maybe he thinks he can help.

But Stern was wrong to say all this even if he was vex cus North east not saying shit about how he was.       

If Stern punch ah player in the face, if is not Bradley Welch..then Bradley Welch might be next; cause yuh just throw him under the bus  :D

1]; } ?>