March 18, 2024, 11:06:10 PM

Author Topic: John released, Birchall ‘unprotected’  (Read 12785 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: John released, Birchall ‘unprotected’
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2011, 11:30:45 AM »
Why did Stern stay so long if he was so unhappy?

Why he eh do T&T a favor and get involved in another club and show how things supposed to be?

:clown:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2011, 11:41:17 AM »
took long enough for the slap that stern hit his teammate to come out........stern is a big baby. kudos to NES for playing the more mature role

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2011, 11:52:49 AM »

Why he eh do T&T a favor and get involved in another club and show how things supposed to be?

It's not about hapiness,it's business(money),if you check at one time everybody was going to Jabloteh/JP,then they was going to Ma Pau,watch the trend they heading to NE/TTEC,it's all about the money,if you notice all over the world it's the clubs that have the money in control because they can afford to buy/keep the best players.Players realize their careers are short and takes advantage of the opportunities presented to them,Stern just used NE but at the same NE was hoping it would have been a plus for them but it backfired, that's why peeps think i'm against the WC heroes that sued the TTFF when all i was stateing is that it could have been handled differently,when money is involved is a hell of a thing nobody does have a conscience     

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2011, 11:58:37 AM »

It's not about hapiness,it's business(money),if you check at one time everybody was going to Jabloteh/JP,then they was going to Ma Pau,watch the trend they heading to NE/TTEC,it's all about the money,if you notice all over the world it's the clubs that have the money in control because they can afford to buy/keep the best players.Players realize their careers are short and takes advantage of the opportunities presented to them,Stern just used NE but at the same NE was hoping it would have been a plus for them but it backfired, that's why peeps think i'm against the WC heroes that sued the TTFF when all i was stateing is that it could have been handled differently,when money is involved is a hell of a thing nobody does have a conscience     

Yuh sure about that, NOBODY?! :o 

Like you feel everybody is the same as Jack or what?!! :-\
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 12:00:20 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2011, 12:52:44 PM »

Yes,that's why we have a court case going on.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2011, 01:50:47 PM »
And Bakes you seeing what you want to see.  In one post you talking bout ego and using common sense and tact and in the next post Blam!!!!  you calling a national treasure an idiot?  Just so just so.  Smh.   In one post you quick to raise the issue of semantics and in the next post you playing up verbal and written contract like if there is no difference whatsoever. 

Stop skipping ur meds.    ;D

I dunno what post yuh referring to, but me "talking bout ego and using common sense" doesn't mean I can't call out Stern fuh talking shit... no different than when I called out Jack 4 years ago for trying to argue that he never "sign" nothing promising the players a cut.  As for a verbal vs. a written contract... certain contracts (such as involving marriage, sale of real estate or goods worth above a certain value etc.) must be in writing.  Other than that, there is no difference whether a contract is written or verbal...  "semantics" my ass.  You want to throw "meds" talk when yuh don't know what de f**k yuh talking about saddis?

(insert smiley face)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2011, 02:08:42 PM »
If he is going on trial to a foreign club, a public press release that states that he has been "released" rather than "mutually agreed to leave the club" could seriously impact upon his bargaining position and impact on him conducting future affairs. Any prospective employer now doing a simple internet search would see him as some desperate, washed up player without options, to the point where even some no-name small team from the TT Pro League cutting him off. Now before anything, he has to explain why he can't even cut it at NE Stars. Thats the last thing he wants trying to secure the last contract of his career.
Me eh know how people cyah see dat. Talking bout is semantics. 'Dumped' and 'mutually separated' are two totally distinct scenarios.

Well as one of the persons (if not the only one) to use the "semantics" language I will respond.  Yes, there is a technical difference between "released" vs. "mutually parted ways".  In this context however, I argue there is no substantive difference.  The club went out of its way (read the statements by Mahabir, Sancho, Harrison and Jeffery again) to praise Stern and explain the situation resulting in the parting of ways.  They explained it was always a temporary agreement.  They praised his professionalism and the fact that he still had a lot to offer. 

It is beyond naive to suggest that any prospective club would lose interest in Stern because (ostensibly) his former club ragged on him in the press.  This is as credible as saying that he would gain a negotiating advantage if his former club did the opposite... showering him with praise.  This simply isn't how business is conducted (I wouldn't think), a prospective club would do its own due diligence before even sitting down at the negotiating table, and any agent worth his salt would be able to pull stats etc. to counter the notion (not present here) that Stern is washed up.  Stern reacted emotionally, perhaps without even the benefit of seeing the item himself.  His feeling aggrieved (justified or not) is understandable... his reaction is not.  Let's not confuse the two.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2011, 02:24:45 PM »
that's why peeps think i'm against the WC heroes that sued the TTFF when all i was stateing is that it could have been handled differently,when money is involved is a hell of a thing nobody does have a conscience     

how could they have handled it differently?
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2011, 03:40:47 PM »
that's why peeps think i'm against the WC heroes that sued the TTFF when all i was stateing is that it could have been handled differently,when money is involved is a hell of a thing nobody does have a conscience     

Bow to Jack like every player before them.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2011, 04:40:35 PM »

i'm positive that coops can offer some concrete, specific examples of how those greedy players could have handled it differently.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2011, 05:26:11 PM »

i'm positive that coops can offer some concrete, specific examples of how those greedy players could have handled it differently.

Zando i've explained myself many times on this issue,it's proven the man is corupt,a thief,destroyed T&T Football etc etc what's there to say about him again,i don't mind if it's something new to be discussed but this old tune alyu always trying to bring up forget me,talk to me when those guys get their money.   

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2011, 05:52:23 PM »

Zando i've explained myself many times on this issue,it's proven the man is corupt,a thief,destroyed T&T Football etc etc what's there to say about him again,i don't mind if it's something new to be discussed but this old tune alyu always trying to bring up forget me,talk to me when those guys get their money.   

Coop's you say yuh thing and ah man ask yuh tuh explain and yuh just turning yuh back. I would also like to here what they could have done differently/better. I have been racking my brain trying to figure out how better they could have gone about securing the contract from the TTFF.

No one arguing or attacking yuh eh, just I never see where yo explain it. Can you remember the thread or provide a link to the thread if you do not want to type?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2011, 06:09:09 PM »

Coop's you say yuh thing and ah man ask yuh tuh explain and yuh just turning yuh back. I would also like to here what they could have done differently/better. I have been racking my brain trying to figure out how better they could have gone about securing the contract from the TTFF.

No one arguing or attacking yuh eh, just I never see where yo explain it. Can you remember the thread or provide a link to the thread if you do not want to type?
        Elan i've said many times they didn't have to go to court and embarass JW/TTFF with this,just the same way you all are saying Stern should have dealt with NE,i don't mind if it was Football but money!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2011, 06:45:28 PM »

Elan i've said many times they didn't have to go to court and embarass JW/TTFF with this,just the same way you all are saying Stern should have dealt with NE,i don't mind if it was Football but money!

ok, but

(1) NOT going to court is not a concrete, specific example of how to handle a situation.

(2) If they did not go to court how else would (para-quoting you) a 'corrupt thief' be convinced to keep his word? Throw them a $5000?

(3) JW/TTFF was recieving corporate and government sponsorship money with apparently no effort or desire to account for it. The three top executives of the TTFF were each hauled before FIFA to face corruption charges. I think that they absolutely had to be embarrassed.

(4) Are you really comparing a miscommunication and spat between a player and club to the dissapearence of hundreds of million of dollars?

But as you said, you have already explained yourself so no need to rehash

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2011, 09:45:48 PM »
And Bakes you seeing what you want to see.  In one post you talking bout ego and using common sense and tact and in the next post Blam!!!!  you calling a national treasure an idiot?  Just so just so.  Smh.   In one post you quick to raise the issue of semantics and in the next post you playing up verbal and written contract like if there is no difference whatsoever. 

Stop skipping ur meds.    ;D

I dunno what post yuh referring to, but me "talking bout ego and using common sense" doesn't mean I can't call out Stern fuh talking shit... no different than when I called out Jack 4 years ago for trying to argue that he never "sign" nothing promising the players a cut.  As for a verbal vs. a written contract... certain contracts (such as involving marriage, sale of real estate or goods worth above a certain value etc.) must be in writing.  Other than that, there is no difference whether a contract is written or verbal...  "semantics" my ass.  You want to throw "meds" talk when yuh don't know what de f**k yuh talking about saddis?

(insert smiley face)

Dang!!!! I ain't know you and I reach dey.  Don't take things so personal man everybody does get pong.  Cheer up :beermug:

As you know a key part of any contract is the termination of said agreement.  The Termination section allows for the appropriation of due process when and if the contract needs to end.  To not have a written contract means that there is now due process in place.  Guess what happens when no due process is in place?  This!!!  The very mess we watching.  There should never be a situation were this should happen at a club, ever.  So talk about Stern not knowing the difference etc. but this is unprofessional business by the club.  You cyah pull a contract and edit it up?  Doh mix fren thing and business.  Should Stern have handled it better?  Sure.  Should Pfister have handled the press conference better?  Sure.  But the truth, is the truth and sadly this is what T&T football needs.   But it seems like some men want to shout unprofessional loud loud so they cyah hear the truth.   Give Pfister the script then, let him say it, we'll listen. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2011, 10:12:07 PM »

They didn't take JW/TTFF to court... they went before the Council of Arbitration on Sports (CAS), as mandated by FIFA.  CAS ruled in favor of the players in 2008 and "JW/TTFF" is who then decide to take the players to the High Court here in TnT, claiming breach of contract over the "leak."  Of course Jack lap dog, Francis Joseph was the one responsible for the leak (reading between the lines), but that didn't stop them from going before the court and lying.

So again... WHAT was the players supposed to do... take the $5,000 TT Jack offer and siddung quiet Coop's?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2011, 10:19:35 PM »
Dang!!!! I ain't know you and I reach dey.  Don't take things so personal man everybody does get pong.  Cheer up :beermug:

As you know a key part of any contract is the termination of said agreement.  The Termination section allows for the appropriation of due process when and if the contract needs to end.  To not have a written contract means that there is now due process in place.  Guess what happens when no due process is in place?  This!!!  The very mess we watching.  There should never be a situation were this should happen at a club, ever.  So talk about Stern not knowing the difference etc. but this is unprofessional business by the club.  You cyah pull a contract and edit it up?  Doh mix fren thing and business.  Should Stern have handled it better?  Sure.  Should Pfister have handled the press conference better?  Sure.  But the truth, is the truth and sadly this is what T&T football needs.   But it seems like some men want to shout unprofessional loud loud so they cyah hear the truth.   Give Pfister the script then, let him say it, we'll listen. 

Preacher, no offense... but I really not about to get into a legal argument with yuh.  All I will say is that what you saying there about "due process" not only doesn't make sense, but it also doesn't apply.  "Due Process" is a uniquely American legal concept that only applies to government actions.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2011, 10:35:23 PM »

Yes,that's why we have a court case going on.

Coop's you have to be kidding right!

How does the players fight against continual exploitation equate to them having no conscience?!  ???

In fact its because they have a conscience that they fight!!

I salute them for it!!  :salute:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2011, 10:03:10 AM »
Welcome ProPlaya!!

Yuh enter wid ah bang horse!!!

Dis TnT football is rel bacahnal yes!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2011, 11:36:29 AM »

Preacher, no offense... but I really not about to get into a legal argument with yuh.  All I will say is that what you saying there about "due process" not only doesn't make sense, but it also doesn't apply.  "Due Process" is a uniquely American legal concept that only applies to government actions.

Really?   I never knew that America invented 'Due Process.'    I know they have what is called Due Process of Law.  It's highly unlikely that Due Process of Law came before before people all over the planet were talking about the idea of 'Due Process,' which simply means to do the right procedure. 

I really never knew that the term "only applies to US government actions."   If that's the case I stand corrected, NE can do whatever, whenever.  This is all Stern's fault, stupid idiot that he is.  There's no need for NE to do their due diligence or exercise due process.  No need to dot the 'i' or cross the 't'.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 11:38:05 AM by Preacher »
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2011, 12:05:12 PM »
Disappointed, not surprised...not the 1st or 2nd time SJ dust ppl off, and "put dem in dey place".  ::)

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2011, 06:36:37 PM »
Stern John better watch his ass, I heard he slap some youth man in T&T and they out to get him.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2011, 04:44:40 AM »
Stern John feel he could go T&T and just slap man just so, them youths now a days not ramping, they loaded.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2011, 09:06:13 AM »
Stern John feel he could go T&T and just slap man just so, them youths now a days not ramping, they loaded.

look a man post the altercation on youtube

http://youtu.be/Wp3x6l5dZp8

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2011, 02:44:53 PM »
He say she say ...... look like they decided not to renew his deal and he decide to air their dirty laundry to me to get back at them .. I imagine if they had decided to renew it .. no laundry would have been aired .. pride is a hell of ah ting!!!

1]; } ?>