March 18, 2024, 10:23:54 PM

Author Topic: John released, Birchall ‘unprotected’  (Read 12783 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
John released, Birchall ‘unprotected’
« on: November 29, 2011, 01:14:58 AM »
http://www.newsday.co.tt/sport/0,151433.html

John released, Birchall ‘unprotected’
Tuesday, November 29 2011

ACE “Soca Warriors” Stern John is now a free agent as his contract with Pro League team DIRECTV North East Stars was not renewed by the team’s management.

According to the team’s owner/president Darryl Mahabir, “we had a three- month contract and it came to an end.”

Mahabir added that the management decided not to renew the contract of the 35-year-old, who joined the club in August after recovering from a year-long right knee injury.

John has scored 70 goals for the national team in his 114-game international career, and was in the “Soca Warriors” team beaten 2-1 Guyana in Georgetown in their CONCACAF zone World Cup qualifiers and out of Brazil 2014.

In related news, midfielder Chris Birchall, who, like John, last played for the “Soca Warriors” in their defeat away to Guyana, was placed on the unprotected player list by his American Major League Soccer (MLS) club Los Angeles Galaxy.

Birchall was a member of the LA Galaxy team which defeated the Houston Dynamos 1-0 on a goal by Landon Donovan, to win the MLS Cup one week ago.

A story on the Galaxy website stated that the 27-year-old central midfielder is among 16 players on the unprotected list ahead of the MLS Expansion Draft for the Montreal Impact.

“Teams that competed this past season were allowed to protect 11 players as well as any Generation Adidas or Homegrown players,” the story said.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: John released, Birchall ‘unprotected’
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 11:57:32 AM »
There seems to be a trend that something is going on with our players,they are just not worth what they were used too,look at the situation that these guys are in,Jason Scotland,Carlos Edwards,Kenwyne Jones,Jloyd Samuel,Sterling John,Chris Birchall etc etc guys are either struggling to get/keep contracts,being released by clubs,being benched/limited playing time.   

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 12:13:51 PM »
Leaving Birchall unprotected does not mean he is not wanted.  The team could only protect 11 and he has not been a consistent starter and is paid better than several other Galaxy players.  In fact, they are more than likely taking a gamble that he will not be taken and that he will return to the Galaxy!  That is how the system works.
As for Stern John, it is time that he, and all of us, acknowledge that his date is past due.  Now the TTFF can roll up their sleeves, step up, and prove their worth by inviting one of the EFA league teams he played for to a testimonial friendly for him, so we could all say thanks to him and wish him adieu. And an opportunity for a game for our national team.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 01:36:49 PM by Storeboy »
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 12:16:08 PM »
There seems to be a trend that something is going on with our players,they are just not worth what they were used too,look at the situation that these guys are in,Jason Scotland,Carlos Edwards,Kenwyne Jones,Jloyd Samuel,Sterling John,Chris Birchall etc etc guys are either struggling to get/keep contracts,being released by clubs,being benched/limited playing time.   

getting older does cause dem ting yes,,,whey yuh go do

even ah fitness powerhouse like Yorke does hadda put on ah shiny suit and talk bout de football instead
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 12:22:47 PM »

even ah fitness powerhouse like Yorke does hadda put on ah shiny suit and talk bout de football instead

:rotfl: :rotfl: eh eh, dat suit take win!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stern John moves on
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 11:09:58 AM »
Stern John moves on
North East Stars Media

Trinidad & Tobago's record goalscorer, Stern John has completed his three month agreement with DIRECTV North East Stars and will now move on to new challenges. The Sangre Grande based club revealed that Johns agreement with the club had now ended and thanked the 35 year old  former Birmingham, Sunderland and Ipswich Town striker for his services.

"Its been a great boost to the club, having Stern around" said C.E.O. Brent Sancho. "Obviously, Stern and I go back a long way, having played together for the National team. But its been great for the younger lads having an icon like Stern to train with every day. When you see how he pulls aside players like Kaydion Gabriel for extra shooting practice after training has finished, it reminds you how much Stern still has to offer the game."

North East President, Darryl Mahabir said "It was a great priviledge to have a player with Sterns pedigree at the club. We knew we could not afford to keep him permanently because he can certainly command a greater wage overseas, but the circumstances were right at the time for us to sign Stern on a temporary basis." Mahabir said the investment didn't really pay off for North East due to the State of Emergency. "Our aim was always to offset Sterns wages by marketing our games to increase attendances as well as selling replica shirts. However, once the SOE disrupted the Pro League fixtures we only saw Stern in a North East shirt for 2 Pro League matches, in which he scored one goal."

Asked if he thought that signing John was a bad investment for the club, Mahabir replied " Not at all. Thats football, sometimes. We knew Stern needed to get match fit for the World Cup Qualifiers and we felt that we could help the countrys' World Cup efforts by signing Stern and raise the profile of North East at the same time. No one could have forseen the disruption to fixtures caused by the S.O.E. and of course Stern was struck by tragedy when, sadly, his mother passed away. I just hope that being around the team at that time helped to combat his grief."

North East Stars Operations Director, Kevin Harrison said "Its been great having a legend like Stern around." Harrison said that in England, Stern was one of those players who was admired by supporters of many clubs. "Of course, Sterns goalscoring record meant that many supporters hated seeing him line up for the opposition! Stern was part of two teams that won promotion to the Premiership, Birmingham City and Sunderland and I was delighted to see him play at the highest level." Harrison added that he was excited when he knew that Stern was joining North East Stars. "It was great, as not only would he add some glamour to the Pro League, but the marketing possibilities were fantastic. However, circumstances beyond our control meant that we could never really take advantage. Of course, we knew we could never hold on to him for longer than 3 months. Stern could still walk into any League 1 club in England, and probably many Championship clubs for that matter"

North Easts Director of Football Operations, Kevin Jeffrey, a close friend of John, said "We're all sad to see Stern leave, but we wish him well for the future. I'm sure he'll be signing with an overseas club in the next few weeks. The last few months have been very emotional for Stern, and I'm sure he's looking to make a fresh start overseas"

North East Stars will now be looking to replace John with some new faces. "We have been talking to some T&T internationals as well as players from Colombia and Brazil" said Mahabir. "We will also look closer to home at younger players who have stood out in the Super League as well as our Champion of Champions tournament."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 12:04:21 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: eh eh, dat suit take win!
what if allyuh was gettin dat suit for free?............allyuh wouldn't wear it............seriously ???
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 12:07:09 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 05:54:02 PM »
I just saw a report on TV6 that John thought that North East Stars were unprofessional in the way he was released.  Unfortunately, I was interrupted by my neighbour and didn't get the full story.......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 07:22:09 PM »
I just saw a report on TV6 that John thought that North East Stars were unprofessional in the way he was released.  Unfortunately, I was interrupted by my neighbour and didn't get the full story.......

John claims he opted to leave North East Stars

Striker Stern John says news that he was released by DirecTV North East Stars came as a shock since he requested to leave the T&T Pro League club weeks ago. John signed a three-month contract earlier this year after deciding to stay in T&T to be close to his mother who had been ailing and subsequently passed away. “It was a surprise when I saw that the club said to the Press that they released me.” John said he was disappointed with the way the club handled the separation. “The reason I came back was because my mom was sick and the T&T manager told me I should be with a club so I decided to go to North East. We just had a verbal agreement which allowed me to leave when I wanted.”

John said he decided to leave about a week and a half ago. “I informed the club CEO Brent Sancho and I wished them all the best. I also went to the club with intentions to help the younger players or bring something to the club from my past experience,” John added.  John described his time at North East Stars as a joke. “The set up was never really organised. We had situations where players were training when they wanted and reaching late for matches. I’d never seen that before in my professional career. The club owner is passionate and means well but he’s too much involved. He needs to let the players play their football and let the staff get the job done.” The T&T all-time leading goalscorer will leave for the United States to hold talks with clubs in the MLS and the USL First Division which have expressed interest in his services for the next season.

guardian

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 07:31:25 PM »

Striker Stern John says news that he was released by DirecTV North East Stars came as a shock since he requested to leave the T&T Pro League club weeks ago. John signed a three-month contract earlier this year after deciding to stay in T&T to be close to his mother who had been ailing and subsequently passed away. “It was a surprise when I saw that the club said to the Press that they released me.” John said he was disappointed with the way the club handled the separation. “The reason I came back was because my mom was sick and the T&T manager told me I should be with a club so I decided to go to North East. We just had a verbal agreement which allowed me to leave when I wanted.”

John said he decided to leave about a week and a half ago. “I informed the club CEO Brent Sancho and I wished them all the best. I also went to the club with intentions to help the younger players or bring something to the club from my past experience,” John added.  John described his time at North East Stars as a joke. “The set up was never really organised. We had situations where players were training when they wanted and reaching late for matches. I’d never seen that before in my professional career. The club owner is passionate and means well but he’s too much involved. He needs to let the players play their football and let the staff get the job done.” The T&T all-time leading goalscorer will leave for the United States to hold talks with clubs in the MLS and the USL First Division which have expressed interest in his services for the next season.

guardian

Well well well. I going with Stern version on this one. How yuh go say that yuh release Stern John from ah PFL team ???

They coulda say mutually agreed to part ways, but to say yuh release him? He deserve more respect than that.

Who responsible for that release to the media? Obviously the owner, but Sancho should know better than that and have ah say, after all he is the CEO

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 07:37:28 PM »
Stern John Lying,NE Stars!you mean the model team/club in T&T,well boy is you pardner and them.I like the line when he said NE is a joke,he didn't have to tell me that.   

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 07:45:32 PM »
Another point from that article is John said de owner to involve.It was like that in de past but I taught things change since Sancho and company came in but apparently not.   

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 07:50:27 PM »

guardian

Well well well. I going with Stern version on this one. How yuh go say that yuh release Stern John from ah PFL team ???

They coulda say mutually agreed to part ways, but to say yuh release him? He deserve more respect than that.

Who responsible for that release to the media? Obviously the owner, but Sancho should know better than that and have ah say, after all he is the CEO

This was the only comment made in response to a media enquiry. Where does it say he was released? Does it say Stern was rubbish? Do you know why the club decided not to renew the contract? Then you have a comprehensive press release to study, but choose to ignore, even Sancho's comments which you appear to have overlooked.

According to the team’s owner/president Darryl Mahabir, “we had a three- month contract and it came to an end.”

Mahabir added that the management decided not to renew the contract of the 35-year-old, who joined the club in August after recovering from a year-long right knee injury.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 08:01:27 PM »

guardian

This was the only comment made in response to a media enquiry. Where does it say he was released? Does it say Stern was rubbish? Do you know why the club decided not to renew the contract? Then you have a comprehensive press release to study, but choose to ignore, even Sancho's comments which you appear to have overlooked.

How the management go decide to not renew the contract when Stern say it was a verbal agreement which allowed him to leave when he wanted?

Like ah say it woulda been better to say both parties decided to part ways mutually, but any how you take it Mahabir say he decide to not renew the contract, no difference really.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 08:10:48 PM »

guardian

How the management go decide to not renew the contract when Stern say it was a verbal agreement which allowed him to leave when he wanted?

Like ah say it woulda been better to say both parties decided to part ways mutually, but any how you take it Mahabir say he decide to not renew the contract, no difference really.

I hear you. Syntax is so important. On one hand, Stern says he had decided to leave, on the other Mahabir says he decided not to renew the contract. The conversation that took place in between is the key, and we will never know what that was.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 08:35:50 PM »

guardian

What is more interestig is that John said North East Stars is a joke and that the set up was never really organised. They had situations where players were training when they wanted and reaching late for matches, he say he never seen that before in his professional career.

I always though Brent Sancho would be everything but disorganised and unprofessional knowing that he worked with the TTFF in the past.

Players reaching late for matches and training when they like, no wonder North East Stars cant win nothing this year so far.

They need to get serious and tell Roman Abramovich Darryl Mahabir to take a back seat and let the players play their game, this could affect the players. The coach also need to get seriours and run de club like a professional outfit, discipline is important and at the same time players must feel comfortable.

And I wanted Sancho to take over from Camps, but that now might be a bad idea ?

I am surprise as hell....

PS: Like Sancho only studing to sell Fried Chicken in Port of Spain in he mobile Japs outlet.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 08:38:53 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 08:58:58 PM »
Sour grapes is ah hell of ah thing yes.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2011, 09:09:07 PM »
What is more interestig is that John said North East Stars is a joke and that the set up was never really organised. They had situations where players were training when they wanted and reaching late for matches, he say he never seen that before in his professional career.

I always though Brent Sancho would be everything but disorganised and unprofessional knowing that he worked with the TTFF in the past.

Players reaching late for matches and training when they like, no wonder North East Stars cant win nothing this year so far.

They need to get serious and tell Roman Abramovich Darryl Mahabir to take a back seat and let the players play their game, this could affect the players. The coach also need to get seriours and run de club like a professional outfit, discipline is important and at the same time players must feel comfortable.

PS: Like Sancho only studing to sell Fried Chicken in Port of Spain in he mobile Japs outlet.

Well look what Sam gone and say now.....  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Footballer Supporter go vex now.....  :rotfl:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2011, 10:04:04 PM »

Well look what Sam gone and say now.....  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Footballer Supporter go vex now.....  :rotfl:

Nah, I'm not vexed, just amused at how small minded people can be. You ever consider that the best paid player in the Pro League only played two league matches and yet now disrespects the man who paid him far more than any other player is earning?

Tell me Sam, which "Players reaching late for matches and training when they like"? You seem to know the inside track. Or are you just parroting what Stern said? Because if so, you're a fool to comment when you only hear one side of a story. There are things that should remain inside the dressing room. Players making statements such as these can seriously damage their careers, but have you considered the possible fallout? Maybe Mahabir does get involved too much. Maybe Abromovich does. Maybe the Glazers and Gillettes do. But you know what? Its their perogative because they invest millions. I didn't hear Stern complain to the media when he was collecting his monthly cheque. Mahabir seemed to be ok then.

You should be focusing on the damage this could do to T&T football. You think DIRECTV will be happy to read this? They put more into the Pro League than the sponsors, Digicel. So does Mahabir. If they pull their sponsorship, all of Sterns ex team mates will lose their jobs. And while the clubs are desperate to attract sponsors, this can only turn more sponsors away.

And all this because Mahabir said a fact: The club decided not to renew Sterns contract. Do you think it was right to renew it? Stern, by his own admission, only signed with North East to get onto the National team. North East will be signing four new players with the money Stern was paid, including two National team players with experience in the U.S. leagues and a quality Colombian striker.

As for being professional, then see the North East press release. Players (and clubs) should not wash their dirty linen in public, it only damages the game and personal reputations and players very rarely end up coming off best.

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2011, 10:44:22 PM »
Nah man Stern....all that talk was uncalled for....The club was maybe the only club who was willing to pay you that kind of money, so you can play/train everyday to be on the MNT

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2011, 11:57:23 PM »
Nah man Stern....all that talk was uncalled for....The club was maybe the only club who was willing to pay you that kind of money, so you can play/train everyday to be on the MNT

:beermug:

Stern lose some marks there!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2011, 01:06:08 AM »
 Stern has no reason to lie, what kind of money he could make with NE Stars? Maximum 1000GBP a month?
No way he was staying for longer that the 3 months unless TT was still involved in the WC.
The reason for playing for NES is obvious, match fitness and anybody who klnows Stern would tell you he is a disciplined professional and would have been shocked of the trainig indiscipline that exists in most clubs in the Pro League.
I admire Stern for speaking out about the indiscipline in local football and hope that these sort of comments do some good.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 01:10:53 AM by fishs »
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2011, 02:16:22 AM »
Stern has no reason to lie, what kind of money he could make with NE Stars? Maximum 1000GBP a month?
No way he was staying for longer that the 3 months unless TT was still involved in the WC.
The reason for playing for NES is obvious, match fitness and anybody who klnows Stern would tell you he is a disciplined professional and would have been shocked of the trainig indiscipline that exists in most clubs in the Pro League.
I admire Stern for speaking out about the indiscipline in local football and hope that these sort of comments do some good.
       :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Come on Mr Harison,you just come off giving a presentation on the future of Football in T&T at the Football Consultation meeting a few days ago,you are one of the guys with bright ideas for Football in the country,you have been carrying NE Stars on your back for some time now,let us know what's going on.
       Sam is right,i too am surprised i thought Sancho was in control,who runs those charities?who hires and fires players?who selects the the players who starts and makes the subs on NE Stars?who runs the Youth programs?how many players in the club are paid professionals?why Sancho and Jefries were on the bench in certain games? etc etc this more sound like a JW run club if you ask me,Daryl not easy.
       What i like with you is you have good excuses for everything,i am sure there are players who don't get paid,holding down a daily job and are expected to be on time for practices and games just like Stern,Sancho in one person should know how this feels because he is one of our WC heroes and future President.   

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2011, 04:31:13 AM »
Football Supporter, I only going but what Stern John said in PUBLIC bra.

So you telling me Stern John is a big time lier ?

PS: By now you should know Trini ole talk, don't take me serious.... I too dont like the way Stern John handle this.. he, Jeffrey and Sancho went back to long for him to come in public and bash them man... they could have iron this out better.

John delivers parting shot at Stars
Trinidad Newsday.
Thursday, December 1 2011

NATIONAL striker, Stern John, delivered a parting shot to his former club North East Stars yesterday, criticising their setup.

John refuted reports that the club decided not to renew his contract and stated it was he who made the decision to leave.

“It was a surprise to me when I saw that the club said to the press that they released me,” John said.

“I never really had a contract with them (North East Stars) to begin with and I was disappointed with the way they handled it.

“The whole reason behind me coming back was because my mom was sick at the time and then the Trinidad and Tobago manager told me that I should be with a club and I decided to go to North East and play there while I was in Trinidad.

“We just had a verbal agreement and it entailed me being able to leave when I wanted.

“My mom has since passed away and obviously we didn’t progress in the World Cup qualification. I decided that I wanted to part ways with North East Stars and then I woke up and heard what the club owner had to say.

“I decided to leave maybe a week and a half ago and I informed the club CEO Brent Sancho that it was time for me to move on and I wished them all the best...I just think the way they handled it was in poor taste,” John ended.

The former Sunderland player criticised the professionalism of some of his ex-teammates. Commenting on the current state of local football, John bashed the ‘arm- chair’ critics and said there have been too many negative comments and not positive criticism.

“There are a lot of people who should know better who’ve been having a bit too much to say. They always tend to think they have the answers...Okay maybe there are some aspects where the federation could operate better but being on the inside I’ve seen efforts being made to have positive change and it will take some time.

“But rather than just talk too much about it, some of these guys need to try and get their act together when it comes to local football and not just bash the TTFF or the Pro League,” John continued.

“ I think a lot of people want it for personal reasons and this is our football and our national team and they should instead try to come together and try to find the solutions to try and help our football rise again,” John concluded.

John will be leaving for the United States to hold talks with a couple clubs in the MLS and the USL First Division who have expressed interest in his services for the 2012 season.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 06:38:56 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2011, 05:16:09 AM »
       :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Come on Mr Harison,you just come off giving a presentation on the future of Football in T&T at the Football Consultation meeting a few days ago,you are one of the guys with bright ideas for Football in the country,you have been carrying NE Stars on your back for some time now,let us know what's going on.
       Sam is right,i too am surprised i thought Sancho was in control,who runs those charities?who hires and fires players?who selects the the players who starts and makes the subs on NE Stars?who runs the Youth programs?how many players in the club are paid professionals?why Sancho and Jefries were on the bench in certain games? etc etc this more sound like a JW run club if you ask me,Daryl not easy.
       What i like with you is you have good excuses for everything,i am sure there are players who don't get paid,holding down a daily job and are expected to be on time for practices and games just like Stern,Sancho in one person should know how this feels because he is one of our WC heroes and future President.   

Eh what you on about Coop's  ??? ??? ???
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2011, 06:34:45 AM »
After reading the new Sam posted there, it sounds like Stern John priming up himself for a job in the TTFF.

And Sam right, I too i'm very surprise by Sancho movements, hopefully, Sancho will do a release to clear this up, so we can hear both sides.

Stern John can't be lying ?

But he did handle this issue wrong though going public, maybe he had a fall out with Sancho and company ?

Stars took Stern when he was clubless he should show a little more respect.

They paid him $20,000 a month and all he have for it is one goal in 3 months.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 06:36:45 AM by Star Child »

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2011, 07:09:26 AM »
Stern feel bad/insulted that the man say he get released so he try to clarify the situation...but he didn"t need to go on about the owner wanting to be the waterboy and all the criticism about the organisation. That was unprofessional
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2011, 07:20:28 AM »
Sam, there are always two sides to each story. Stern can make rash statements, but North East have to consider their public position.
Its incredibly difficult to get sponsors interested in the Pro League and you can bet that this will create concern with those sponsors. They can't just shoot from the hip.
I don't know if Stern was trying to damage the club, and he's certainly entitled to his opinion. As long as he's aware that if he "breaks the code" he had better be sure that he is above criticism himself. I wouldn't imagine Stern would lie, but most of his statements are his opinion. And his opinion may not be valid. It certainly seems he has turned his back on his friends and is backing TTFF. Strange considering that today he will be attempting to bankrupt them in court!!

Its also interesting to see him attack Sancho for wanting TTFF replaced.

“But rather than just talk too much about it, some of these guys need to try and get their act together when it comes to local football and not just bash the TTFF or the Pro League,” John continued.

“ I think a lot of people want it for personal reasons and this is our football and our national team and they should instead try to come together and try to find the solutions to try and help our football rise again,” John concluded. 

So what is Stern doing for football? This statement is very damaging to the ProLeague and the clubs? How is this"coming together"? Why is he running off to USA when he could stay and coach here? After all, he's saying nthat clubs and players aren't professional, so nows his chance to bring his knowledge to T&T. Very hypocritical.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2011, 07:23:11 AM »
Stern feel bad/insulted that the man say he get released so he try to clarify the situation...but he didn"t need to go on about the owner wanting to be the waterboy and all the criticism about the organisation. That was unprofessional

Thank you Spidey.  NE Stars/Sancho also stood by him with his run in with the law the other day......if I'm wrong about that I stand to be corrected......Stern's comments just seems kinda out of left field......hhhhhhhhmmmm :thinking:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2011, 07:35:23 AM »

Coops, not sure what you're getting at here, but you need to keep up to speed with ProLeague. Every North East player is a full time professional footballer. Football is not a charity. It costs a minimum TT$1 million to run a ProLeague club. Just providing ice costs over $20k per year!! You cannot make back your money with tv rights or gate receipts. Clubs work really hard to get 20 or 30 more people through the gate.

Like any business (or football club) the Directors, Chairman or President has the final say. Jeffrey was on the bench for certain games because the squad was short due to injury and International call ups. With a squad of 20, once you have 5 T&T senior national players, 2 U23 and 1 Guyana international it puts pressure on selection. Plus when you pay one player a salary that could pay four other senior players, you take a gamble.

There are reasons, not excuses. Players all over the world arrive late for training. They are disciplined. This is standard practice.

1]; } ?>