April 28, 2024, 09:15:55 PM

Author Topic: Antigua Barracudas eye Samuel.  (Read 1539 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Antigua Barracudas eye Samuel.
« on: December 01, 2011, 04:40:49 AM »
Antigua Barracudas eye Samuel.
By: Shaun Fuentes.

Former National Under 17 and Under 20 goalkeeper Glenroy Samuel is being eyed by Antigua Barracudas, a club out of the Caribbean island which campaigns in the American USL Professional Division.

Samuel joined Antiguan club All Saints United roughly two months ago and has been their starting goalkeeper.

His performances have helped the club to second place in the Antigua Premier Division. “It’s been a good experience. I’ve played in almost all their games since before I left to join the Olympic team in St Kitts. The football there is really exciting and competitive,” Samuel said.

“The club has really taken good care of me so far. They have provided me with a good apartment, I have transportation and they really ensure I am comfortable. The only bad thing is that they have been ‘making style’ on me since we got knocked out.

“They’re saying that Antigua is into the next round and ‘Trini’ gone home. “But other than that I’m just trying to improve my game and help the club win the title.”
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
Re: Antigua Barracudas eye Samuel.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 07:10:34 AM »
Must be very humbling to experience that. Jeez. No Caribbean nation respects or has an inkling of fear for TnT football anymore.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 08:14:28 AM »
both antigua and barbuda collecting enough goals for 2 teams even though they are one team.

Not to mention guyana will collect licks as well.

that is what I would tell them.

just watch the results in the next rounds and see .

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 10:48:43 AM »
both antigua and barbuda collecting enough goals for 2 teams even though they are one team.

Antigua will surprise plenty people....most of all you

Most of their players play with Barracuda's in the USL and on a week in week out basis, they experience a level of competition much higher than anything we have domestically.

They actually dominated their group which was no surprise to me.  Remember how the Strike Squad used to live and play together for a year?  Same thing with the Barracudas
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 12:47:12 PM »

Antigua will surprise plenty people....most of all you

Most of their players play with Barracuda's in the USL and on a week in week out basis, they experience a level of competition much higher than anything we have domestically.

They actually dominated their group which was no surprise to me.  Remember how the Strike Squad used to live and play together for a year?  Same thing with the Barracudas

:beermug:

Wishing both Antigua and Guyana the best of luck in the next round!!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 04:09:34 AM »
Samuel returns to Caledonia
T&T Newsday Reports.

GOALKEEPER Glenroy Samuel has returned to Caledonia AIA on a two-year agreement. The temperamental 22-year-old recently completed a one-year deal with Antiguan side All Saints FC and has now joined Caledonia for this week’s Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Club Championship semi-finals and final, at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella.

Samuel, a former San Juan Jabloteh youth team goalie, was a member of the Caledonia team in 2008 before joining United Petrotrin that same year.

He then joined Joe Public for the 2010-2011 season, after a season and a half at United Petrotrin.

Samuel, who represented TT at the FIFA Under-17 World Cup in South Korea (2007) and the FIFA Under-20 World Cup in Egypt (2009), will challenge Jamaica’s Kevin Graham and Zane Coker for the starting spot between the uprights.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>