March 29, 2024, 06:05:09 AM

Author Topic: Hard work paying off for Gay.  (Read 1464 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Hard work paying off for Gay.
« on: December 01, 2011, 04:43:20 AM »
Hard work paying off for Gay.
By Shaun Fuentes.

The National Under-23 tournament still has a final round to complete before the 2012 Olympic Games but forward Jamal Gay believes that hard work and persistence has paid rich dividends for himself and his teammates.

Gay scored three goals in T&T’s Caribbean final round in St Kitts over the past week, including two in the 9-1 rout of Suriname and another in the 1-1 draw with Cuba.

For much of 2010, Gay was off the radar as he struggled to make his mark in the T&T Pro League after returning from a stint in Germany and a 2009 appearance at the FIFA Under-20 World Cup. “I think it’s all down to my decision to buckle down and work hard.

A lot of things were said about me and I wasn’t happy. I had opportunities but I wasn’t finding form,” Gay said. “But I never gave up. I worked and  started getting better and believing in myself.

I think the same goes for some of my teammates. We really want to do well but we needed to settle down and work hard.

We still have a lot to do but for now we have done pretty alright and must build on this for future success,” added the ex-El Dorado Secondary and current Caledonia AIA player.

Gay made his senior international debut against El Salvador in 2008 and has three goals in eight matches. He also netted in the 1-1 draw with Mexico at the Pan American Games.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 06:09:19 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hard work paying off for Gay.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 09:05:30 AM »
Praying and hoping this fella follows in the footsteps of his legendary Blue Thunder predecessor for the national team...

Best of luck

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 11:25:39 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IRdOv7TcrUs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IRdOv7TcrUs</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 07:24:24 PM »
ah wouldn't have sold him his dream like that...but to each his own..if that is what the ppl who he respects, thinks he need to hear and he himself requires for him to make it...hope things work out all around..Good luck young man

my advice would have taken a different path, yet it's not good to follow strangers..and I am a strange...to summarize however, I don't believe in closing all possibe options in life for one..I believe in preparing oneself for many opportunities...irregardless of how they present themselves..anyway..won't hijack the thread....take a scholarship if you can...TT MLS not sign yet, even if they do, we talking about 8 to 10 years as an mediocre underpaid foreign striker..then what

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 02:49:18 PM »
I feel he is going to do well for Caledonia in the upcoming Concacaf Club Championship qualifications ... and beyond. He seems very hungry for success and sometimes in life yuz geh a break with a good attitude. I suspect he knows that it is crunch time to make a powerful impression and get connected outside again with a career enhancing deal that would allow him to put food on the table for some time.
Hol' it dong Mr Man.
Nice video.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 03:19:24 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 05:36:08 PM »
I wish the kid the best.  He had multiple scholarship offers on the table (I know this as fact because I was tasked in helping him come to my alma mater) but once he got called up to the senior team I told them he was off limits.  Soon after he went to Germany (couldn't fault him for that).  He is right in saying he is not skillful but he scores and guys get big money to score.  I really hopes he gets another opportunity to play abroad.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 06:35:45 PM »
Youthman talking with nuff sense.

Ah wonder what happen to de MLS deal he was suppose to get ?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>