March 28, 2024, 02:08:27 PM

Author Topic: El Clasico 2011 Real Madrid - Barcelona  (Read 11168 times)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: El Clasico 2011 Real Madrid - Barcelona
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2011, 05:01:37 PM »
Barca are very good defensively.  We just overlook it because of their pretty, attacking football, but they press high at times, and swarm you when they lose the ball.

I eh think we does really overlook it nuh....man talk 'bout it enough time but they really is sumting else when they have the ball......between that tenacious pressing and their passing/possession game, they does jes wear teams down boy. 

Cronaldo fail when it was needed the most. Had clear chances to make it 2-0 and also 2-2 only for barca to go up de road and score.
Iniesta is de difference maker for me.

Messi is garbage ;-) (had to get that parting shot in)

:rotfl:

As much as he did fail, and Real did have their chances, Casillas really save tem, too and DiMaria was rel dangerous.... 

....hard luck dey, Toppa, ah know how yuh feelin'.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 05:04:27 PM by Mango Chow! »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2011, 05:04:58 PM »
Real was the better side in the 1st 45... outshot and outworked Barca, but once Barca found the rhythm it got difficult, Madrid legs got a lil heavy and started to depend on individual efforts instead of team play...was a tough game because it coulda swung either way up until the 3rd goal....Ronaldo missed two sitters that he woulda scored on any other day.   

Iniesta was flawless and Khedira is a f*cking goat. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2011, 05:05:45 PM »
khedira collect a cap down by the corner...lawdddd

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2011, 05:07:59 PM »
Ronaldo missed two sitters that he woulda scored on any other day.   

I remember the free header.  What else?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2011, 05:10:55 PM »

De one he kick way wide from in d box in d first half.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2011, 05:16:09 PM »
DAMN...watchin de post game press conference.

THE TRANSLATOR say Pep say he thought it would have been more difficult to get the ball to Messi.  I'm not saying it wasn't difficult because it was, but not as difficult as we thought it would be.  Once we got our first goal we settled.

Asked if today's result will affect Real's chances of winning the title - No.  They'll go on vacation and come back for the rest of the matches.  They're professionals just like we are.  Nobody has ever won the title in December.  We're focusing on lifting that trophy in May and I'm sure they are too.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2011, 05:17:53 PM »

To me that wasn't so much a trow way as poor judgement.  He had DiMaria free as a bird on his right.  He SHOULD have passed the ball.  That wasn't any sitter in my opinion. 

Had DiMaria gotten the pass....he would have been in a much better position for a sitter

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2011, 05:28:06 PM »

To me that wasn't so much a trow way as poor judgement.  He had DiMaria free as a bird on his right.  He SHOULD have passed the ball.  That wasn't any sitter in my opinion. 

Had DiMaria gotten the pass....he would have been in a much better position for a sitter

dize true, but even so, yuh could argue that he was in just as good a position to score as DiMaria was.  He was wide open and had time space and opportunity (and SHOULD have the ability) to at least put the ball on target and force the 'keeper to make a save or render him helpless. 

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2011, 05:37:40 PM »
What has happened to Kaka? my god

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2011, 05:37:52 PM »
Mourinho turn

Again...this is from the translator

The dressing room is calm and also disappointed.  We'll focus on our next match against Sevilla

Asked about Villanova - I wished him the best.  What we had was small compared to what he has been going through.

I thought Messi should have been sent off.  The ref was closer than I was so he saw better than me.  I don't want to comment.

In every single game there is a winner and a loser.  There are little things that make the difference in making a winner and a loser.  When we were 1-0 up we were good.  But Cristiano had chances that he missed that he would normally put in the back of the net.

They were able to psychologically beat us at first.  When they got to 3-1 they were also able to move the ball around they way they're acustomed to doing.  After 3-1 they were able to calm down and slow the game down. 

It's not fear of our opponent, it's luck.  I thought Cristiano's header had gone in.  Kaka's shot...I don't know how it didn't go in.  Without taking any credit away from our rivals luck is what determined the outcome of this game.

I decided to play with 2 holding midfielders instead of 3 because that's how we've played all season.  We have the quality of players to go at them, and that's what we did.

Told that both teams are considered to be the two best in Europe and that they might meet in the CL final - I hope so.

We lost too many of the 50/50 battles and that really made the difference.  Made our marking more difficult to endure.  There's also a fear that our players have based on the precedent of previous matches.  MAybe they were defending a little bit with fear and that's a big battle that we did lose.  We started out much better than they did but we're missing something.  We weren't able to get to balls that we needed to get tpo and that too made a difference.

Is Madrid unlucky against Barca? - You have to be pragmatic and look at things objectively.  You have to try and go forward and continue to try to win.

Your opinon of Messi? - Ask Guardiola.  He's not my player.

Why do you think the team didn't respond to Barca? - That's your opinion.  The team reacted, we just didn't have the appropriate result.

Would you agree the key to the game is Barca's superiority in midfield? - No.  We had no problems in midfield.

giggsy11

« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2011, 06:02:06 PM »
Cronaldo fail when it was needed the most. Had clear chances to make it 2-0 and also 2-2 only for barca to go up de road and score.
Iniesta is de difference maker for me.

Messi is garbage ;-) (had to get that parting shot in)

Its all mental!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2011, 06:03:06 PM »
By CR standards that first one was a sitter. He had time, space, and the goal was directly in front of him, keeper on his line, no angle to overcome.  A player of his standard opens up his body like he does supposed to hit the net...and if he unluckily mis-execute he mighta put it too close to the keeper....but to completely miss the open goal from there that hadda go down as a proper chanced missed.

I doh blame him for not passing to Di Maria - was pretty much the same chance IMO, and with Abidal racing back Di Maria might have been under pressure once the ball got to him... I think he did the right thing as a big player by taking the responsibility himself, but he shat the bed.

A key play in the game was no one taking one for the team and fouling Messi before he released to Sanchez on the first goal - that goal settled Barca when we had them against the ropes...  After he beat one, ok...but after he beat two, the next man supposed to pull his shirt and take the yellow... That's what yuh call a smart foul...Yuh don't give a guy like Messi a full uninterrupted view of the forward channel with a head of steam if yuh could help it. 

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2011, 06:22:52 PM »
Cannot see Barca winning this game, with their present defense and  the present form of Real Madrid.

:rotfl:
Iz a classico, current form has no bearing, both teams will step it up.

CO-SIGNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2011, 06:26:10 PM »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2011, 06:34:09 PM »
A key play in the game was no one taking one for the team and fouling Messi before he released to Sanchez on the first goal - that goal settled Barca when we had them against the ropes...  After he beat one, ok...but after he beat two, the next man supposed to pull his shirt and take the yellow... That's what yuh call a smart foul...Yuh don't give a guy like Messi a full uninterrupted view of the forward channel with a head of steam if yuh could help it. 

Like yuh didn't see how hard dey try or wha?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2011, 06:42:57 PM »
Like yuh didn't see how hard dey try or wha?

I'll hadda watch again.  To me they kinda tip-toed around him (relatively speaking)... We all know Madrid doh find difficulty bringing down Barca players to interrup the rhythm... but I'll have to watch it again and maybe take that back. 

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2011, 07:20:57 PM »
Yet another Classico has come and gone . The much anticipated match up has gone the way of the world champions . What is notable is the fact that the Barca's victory came after the fastest goal ever scored in the classico was registered against them courtesy " el loco " Valdez. What is even more compelling is the fact that the victory was achieved in the house of Real Madrid !

I really prefer to  avoid Messi vs Ronaldo's discussions ...that goes along with Palos saying Messi " eh go win nothing ! " sometime ago. I am sure some epsom salts would have purged that thought from him long ago as I see he is a bit mote balanced now. Good job Palos ...keep taking those salts  ;D.

The discussion I would love to contribute to is the MOM ... ..Xavi stole the show for me today. When the team was down Xavi kept the supply up and the fluidity of the team eventually returned. While Iniesta then came into his own in the second half, Xavi was the team motivator today. anbody who has used a four wheel suitcase will understand if i describe his movement as such.

Messi gots lots of attention today but Xavi could not be contained..he was here there and everywhere . I would love to read what the experts have to say about his performance today.
As usual Morinho has got it wrong again vs Barca ..I notice he gets praise when he gets it right but some feel afraid ti comment when he gets it wrong. I guess we are from different schools of football. I much prefer the strengthen the middle when you need goals with your best poacher expected to do the trick. Morinho. like Maradona for Argentina is of the view that more attackers will do the job. It has not worked and will not work against Barca... a team which depends on a functioning midfield to keep their front players supplied and to cut off the opposing forwards from their suppliers.

Now my theory may not have worked against Barca gut it is yet to be tried so I would wait and see. I predict that unless a team swamps its middle it will perish against Barca's possession football...cut off the blood supply and the body dies is my philosophy and Real has the players to do just that. They have players with lungs but refuse to give them a go .....today you had  Benzema , Higuain and Ronaldo  waiting up front for sporadic supply as the coach had taken off their suppliers .... the team was virtually asking the other 7 outfield players to play against the 10 of Barca all of whom were involved in the second half . eg. Marcelo was under so much pressure he could not play his usual attacking game ... while alves could !

So for me Morinho got his pieces in the wrong place on this puzzle ...while Pep, as usual, with so many options and great players, got his right.   

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2011, 07:30:33 PM »
Yet another Classico has come and gone . The much anticipated match up has gone the way of the world champions . What is notable is the fact that the Barca's victory came after the fastest goal ever scored in the classico was registered against them courtesy " el loco " Valdez.

As much as ah love V. Valdes, over the years he has done that many a time.  Like he does jes ketch a vapse or sumting.....and yuh see he geh way wit it in d second half, too, I thought it was SURE goal again!.....ah guess he wanted some balance.  :D...but he half redeem he self wit a fine save off Kaka's shot.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2011, 07:37:46 PM »
As usual Morinho has got it wrong again vs Barca ..I notice he gets praise when he gets it right but some feel afraid ti comment when he gets it wrong. I guess we are from different schools of football. I much prefer the strengthen the middle when you need goals with your best poacher expected to do the trick. Morinho. like Maradona for Argentina is of the view that more attackers will do the job. It has not worked and will not work against Barca... a team which depends on a functioning midfield to keep their front players supplied and to cut off the opposing forwards from their suppliers.

Now my theory may not have worked against Barca gut it is yet to be tried so I would wait and see. I predict that unless a team swamps its middle it will perish against Barca's possession football...cut off the blood supply and the body dies is my philosophy and Real has the players to do just that. They have players with lungs but refuse to give them a go .....today you had  Benzema , Higuain and Ronaldo  waiting up front for sporadic supply as the coach had taken off their suppliers .... the team was virtually asking the other 7 outfield players to play against the 10 of Barca all of whom were involved in the second half . eg. Marcelo was under so much pressure he could not play his usual attacking game ... while alves could !

So for me Morinho got his pieces in the wrong place on this puzzle ...while Pep, as usual, with so many options and great players, got his right.   

So last year when Madrid played Pepe in midfield alongside Khedira and Xabi Alonso with their express purpose being to kick down anything that moved in a barca shirt and STILL colleck 5 in dey pweffen, that wasn't what your "stifling the midfield and choke the supply" theory was about?

Or do you propose playing 4 holding midfielders...Pepe, Khedira, Lass Diarra, & Alonso...plus Ronaldo?  Maybe they might get 10.

As meh padnah tell meh, he felt that Mourinho biggest shock was to see Alexis Sanchez starting.  And he wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho didn't plan for that.  Sanchez was a serious thorn in Madrid defence side.  Neither Pepe nor Ramos could stay with him.  I doh like how he does carry on...but he is pressha.

Also......Fabergas played a kind of decoy role.  He hardly got the goal whole 1st half and then jump out like a jumbie and bawl BOO to score de goal in de 2nd half.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 07:44:17 PM by palos »

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2011, 08:01:25 PM »

So last year when Madrid played Pepe in midfield alongside Khedira and Xabi Alonso with their express purpose being to kick down anything that moved in a barca shirt and STILL colleck 5 in dey pweffen, that wasn't what your "stifling the midfield and choke the supply" theory was about?

Or do you propose playing 4 holding midfielders...Pepe, Khedira, Lass Diarra, & Alonso...plus Ronaldo?  Maybe they might get 10.

As meh padnah tell meh, he felt that Mourinho biggest shock was to see Alexis Sanchez starting.  And he wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho didn't plan for that.  Sanchez was a serious thorn in Madrid defence side.  Neither Pepe nor Ramos could stay with him.  I doh like how he does carry on...but he is pressha.

Also......Fabergas played a kind of decoy role.  He hardly got the goal whole 1st half and then jump out like a jumbie and bawl BOO to score de goal in de 2nd half.

Palos I dont propose playing a 4 man middle  in fact i propose 5 , so a 4 5 1 formation with dem two germans Osil and khedira and Alonso in the middle  Di maria and Ronaldo on the flamks. A 5 man midfield was common in football not too long ago ...many english tesam played that even teams in T&T ..I believe it was Vranes who brought it in to the national system. It is the only way I see to stifle the barca middlemen...pack the middle with players of your own ...good ball winners . Then  you leave it up to your up front man to deliver along with your wing men coming forward. As I said there is no guarantee it would work but has it been tried ?? Lets wait and see. It is a frustrating style that could disrupt Barca's flowing football.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2011, 08:07:05 PM »
It is as if barca sent Fabregas to learn to head the ball in England then to return to make the team complete. Notice how many crosses Alves made into the box ...a rarity when Fabregas is not playing ... few spanish players head the ball ...fabregas is among the best with yet another explosive header...reminds me of no teeth joe Jordan.
Even Goalkeepers  had some trouble with him with crosses...

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2011, 09:02:17 PM »
Yet another Classico has come and gone . The much anticipated match up has gone the way of the world champions . What is notable is the fact that the Barca's victory came after the fastest goal ever scored in the classico was registered against them courtesy " el loco " Valdez. What is even more compelling is the fact that the victory was achieved in the house of Real Madrid !

I really prefer to  avoid Messi vs Ronaldo's discussions ...that goes along with Palos saying Messi " eh go win nothing ! " sometime ago. I am sure some epsom salts would have purged that thought from him long ago as I see he is a bit mote balanced now. Good job Palos ...keep taking those salts  ;D.

The discussion I would love to contribute to is the MOM ... ..Xavi stole the show for me today. When the team was down Xavi kept the supply up and the fluidity of the team eventually returned. While Iniesta then came into his own in the second half, Xavi was the team motivator today. anbody who has used a four wheel suitcase will understand if i describe his movement as such.

Messi gots lots of attention today but Xavi could not be contained..he was here there and everywhere . I would love to read what the experts have to say about his performance today.

I don't think Mourinho got things so wrong tho..the fact is they had the chances to hang Barca today and they didn't take them. People are getting carried away at how easy Barca made it seem towards the end of the game, but Mou was right..the luck went with Barca at they took the opportunities when it mattered..tha's all.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2011, 09:34:27 PM »
Mourinho eh feed the buck enough.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2011, 09:41:38 PM »
Real Madrid gave the game to Barca easier than they should have. I was a bit disappointed on how naive they went about the game from around the 20 minute.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2011, 09:44:27 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2011, 04:48:52 AM »
To beat Barca one has to pressure them for 90 minutes . Real Madrid did it for twenty minutes. Then you must double mark Messi. I was amazed at how calm Barca was after going down a goal.
 Payol was a boss in the defence and Xavi was the general in the middle.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2011, 06:24:40 AM »
To beat Barca one has to pressure them for 90 minutes .

Not physically possible.  The pressure for 90 minutes part that is

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2011, 08:45:17 AM »
I surprised nobody talk about the Diarra sub. Lass was having a monster of a game, and I find Mourinho move too hasty to take him off after he got the yellow.

In his post match Mourinho talked about his players probably playing with a bit of fear based on precedent, but it is that same fear of precedent that make him hurry to take off Diarra for fear of him getting a red. The very next play, Khedira had a good opportunity to put in a strong tackle on his man (think was Xavi), and let the ball get out wide to Dani Alves, who then cross for Fabregas to score. If was Lass i sure that wasn't gonna happen so easy.

Ronaldo cause them to lose this game. As one of the supposed best players in the world, when you in a big game and chances come at a premium, yuh supposed to take them. No ifs, ands or buts. From the header he shoulda put away, they take the ball up the next end to score.

I think this was a golden opportunity Real Madrid had to beat Barcelona because i didn't find Barcelona were at their peak. Before his goal, Sanchez was frigging up the brand and the knock wasn't typical Barca. Its like they were missing Villa and Pedro, but little things end up determining the game. It could have easily gone a different way if Madrid too their chances early in the match.

I believe allyuh say everything else to be said, but lastly i just have to talk about Iniesta first touch dread. Laaawd, just immaculate. My absolute favorite player to watch on that Barcelona team.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2011, 09:37:31 AM »
I surprised nobody talk about the Diarra sub. Lass was having a monster of a game, and I find Mourinho move too hasty to take him off after he got the yellow.

Yeah he move real cautious there because Lass was living on the edge - IMO the ref give Lass real rope tuh hang himself - that yellow coulda come alot earlier, and Mourinho knew that with 10 men they stood absolutely no chance.... It's a pity because Lass was really having a big big game, but his style of play against a team like Barca very risky - Xavi and Iniesta touches so quick and elusive they could bait anybody into a yellow card offense... Losing Lass to that sub was a turning point because in my opinion, Khedira is not half the player that Lass is...

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2011, 09:42:55 AM »
I think Alexis getting to much props. Aside from the goal, he was a big part of Barca starting so slowly, and had CR any balls, by the time Barca found their footing the game should have been somewhat out of their reach. Messi was very frustrated with Alexis as he kept getting in the way, his runs were poor for a Barca player and he could not operate like Pedro attacking outside in.

There was even one point where Xavi I think it was and Messi were both yelling at him cause he was messing up the rhythm of them trying to establish their possession game.

After the equaliser, RM never reset their strategy, which they should have. Barca was just more disciplined than RM.

Also, no one mentioned the worsts of the best GKs on display yesterday.   :o

1]; } ?>