April 19, 2024, 08:33:28 PM

Author Topic: El Clasico 2011 Real Madrid - Barcelona  (Read 11251 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: El Clasico 2011 Real Madrid - Barcelona
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2011, 09:59:12 AM »
Cannot see Barca winning this game, with their present defense and  the present form of Real Madrid.

:rotfl:
Iz a classico, current form has no bearing, both teams will step it up.

CO-SIGNNNNN
[/quote               

I agree  ;D never anticipated that barca back line would be back to full strength.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2011, 11:12:00 AM »
If it were easy to shut down Barca more teams would do it. I though RM played them well and on another day might have come away with a more favourable result. Can't blame Ronaldo, but both of his misses were crucial. Barca haven't built their reputation on a house of cards. They withstood the pressure, built some up of their own and were able to take the chances when they came. You can't bank on Ronaldo missing either chance like that or Kaka's chance bouncing off of Valdez on that side of the post. Look how Barca's second came... it was lucky. I thought the better team won it, but there wasn't as much in it as we've seen in the past.

The result has set things up for an interesting 2012 plus they are both playing well in UCL also.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2011, 03:57:00 PM »
Barca are just too good.
Dani Alves still acting like a diva for every damn call.  I real hate he now.
The first Barca goal was in some tight spaces, I eh know how Messi get that ball through.
Real Madrid end up lookin like novices once again.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2011, 05:20:27 PM »

Also, no one mentioned the worsts of the best GKs on display yesterday.   :o

Yeah, man, Jai John mention it. Casillas had a flawless game so is only (mad man) Valdes yuh could be talkin' 'bout.  ;D

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2011, 05:22:40 PM »
Real Madrid didn't show up... That Benzema goal was EXTREMELY lucky since they got it on the 3rd try - Di Maria should have squared it straight to him on the first attempt... As for CR7, he got off the first backheel and suddenly everything he tried was a fancy pass that didn't work.. He should have put it away and made the game 2-0 when he had the chance... But I can't say he's a choker since he was the star of the Copa del Rey final... He was just very absent this time...

As was expected, Iniesta and Xavi were simply a cut above the rest... Credit to the referee too since this meeting was much less hostile than the other 6 for the year.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2011, 05:30:36 PM »
C. Ronaldo also wasted at least 2 free kicks that I can remember.  For those close free kicks yuh need a man to finesse the ball around/over the wall.  That was stupid on the team's part.  They should have a plan for every kind of free kick.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2011, 05:39:07 PM »
Real Madrid didn't show up... That Benzema goal was EXTREMELY lucky since they got it on the 3rd try - Di Maria should have squared it straight to him on the first attempt... As for CR7, he got off the first backheel and suddenly everything he tried was a fancy pass that didn't work.. He should have put it away and made the game 2-0 when he had the chance... But I can't say he's a choker since he was the star of the Copa del Rey final... He was just very absent this time...

As was expected, Iniesta and Xavi were simply a cut above the rest... Credit to the referee too since this meeting was much less hostile than the other 6 for the year.

That Copa del Rey Final is the only "big game" he's played in and made himself present.  all others, he's been notably absent.....but for the header he scored against Chelsea in the CL Final.

C. Ronaldo also wasted at least 2 free kicks that I can remember.  For those close free kicks yuh need a man to finesse the ball around/over the wall.  That was stupid on the team's part.  They should have a plan for every kind of free kick.

He is the plan.  And, he won't have it any other way.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

giggsy11

« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2011, 08:56:26 PM »
How come nobody aint mention Ozil and his continued inabilty to hold his own in games against Barca?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2011, 07:50:11 AM »
How come nobody aint mention Ozil and his continued inabilty to hold his own in games against Barca?

This is the best I've seen him play against Barca.  He was decent in the supercopa too... Last season he was not impressive in the clasico though, especially his first one. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2011, 09:31:07 AM »
Real Madrid played a massive game but were let down by CR7. That was the worst game I have seen him play in the last 2 years. The 2 sitters he missed would have changed the game entirely. He was also poor in possession most times. Real have found the formula, but just need everyone to play their best game at the same time in order to beat Barca.

Benzema is d truth.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2011, 09:32:26 AM »
Real Madrid didn't show up...

Madness. We couldn't have watched the same game
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

1]; } ?>