April 25, 2024, 01:32:57 AM

Author Topic: T&TEC FC  (Read 6294 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
T&TEC FC
« on: December 06, 2011, 03:39:30 AM »
I think T&TEC FC deserve a thread for themselves.

2011 Accomplishments

They are new to the league, first time in this league.

They are unbeated in the league.

They have made it to two cup finals already, the First Citizen Cup and the Toyota Classic. The Toyota Classic will be played on the 9th against W Connection a team they beat in league competition, so they have a good chance to grab a win.

They striker Sylvester Teesdale is leading goal scorer in de league.

They have de biggest crowd supporters.

They have de best goal difference in de league with plus 6 only allowed 2 goals.

They are very professional as a club.

I know its early in the league, but so far I like the way they are playing and operating.

I also like players like Marvin Phillip, Akeem Adams, Javed Mohammed, Anthony Noreiga, Andrei Pacheco, Marcus Joseph, Keeron Benito, Kevon Neaves, Akini Adams and Sylvester Teesdale.

Big up to Clayton Morris, Dexter Cyrus, Desmond Bailey, Joel Bailey, Jefferson George, Adaryll John and Peter Mohan.

PS: Is it me or anyone here notice that they have all de best left footers in de league, Akeem Adams, Javed Mohammed, Aubrey David, Andrei Pacheco, Kevon Neaves and I think Sylvester Teesdale too.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 03:41:20 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: T&TEC FC
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 05:02:09 AM »
I myself, am very impressed with them.

Thought there baptism in the league would be a bit tough but they have done well. Don't know what kind of budget T&TEC have but their progression is admirable.

I thought for sure Petrotrin would've done well because of their finances and they just bombed.

Best of luck to T&TEC.

VB
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 05:58:13 AM by vb »
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 05:49:05 AM »
They have certainly come out with a complete package. I remember before the 2010 season began, North East played them in a few friendlies and they arrived crammed into a T&TEC lorry!! They had a solid team, but no "stars". This was an important developmental stage, as there was no glamour with the club. Many of those players, who set alight the Super League, are still the backbone of the club and hence, they still have a great attitude. They made some great acquisitions and the new guys have settled in well.

They had a huge advantage with a ready identifiable brand, and they've used this well to attract support. The brand is a huge advantage, as every single person in T&T knows who T&TEC are, where maybe one in twenty people (or less) know St Anns Rangers, Caledonia AIA, Jabloteh, W.Connection or North East Stars)

Its gonna be interesting when Defence Force enter the fray!!

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 06:27:52 AM »
They have supporters who are passionate and that is a big plus. Good marketing strategy and good players. Recipe for success. North East Stars looked promising from their vision statement but they need to flesh out their good intentions. I guess as we are noticing in the Barclay"s Premier League- Money Talks.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 06:54:31 AM »
I would love to see them play in the CFU and Concacaf Cups.

W Connection have always represented T&T well and now T&TEC has stepped it up. Defence Force is an embarrassment, they got knocked by a Guyanese club last year, a club who was not even their league champions.

Where can I get an official T&TEC replica ? and who is they sponsor ?

South run things.

North has dried up !!!!

VB, good point, the oil companies in T&T sucking the veins in T&T and not helping the communities.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 07:19:28 AM »

W Connection have always represented T&T well and now T&TEC has stepped it up. Defence Force is an embarrassment, they got knocked by a Guyanese club last year, a club who was not even their league champions.

South run things.

North has dried up !!!!

VB, good point, the oil companies in T&T sucking the veins in T&T and not helping the communities.

Good question....who is T&TEC sponsor  :thinking:

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 07:22:46 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Trinimassive, I meant Shirt Sponsor - Adidas, Puma, who ?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 07:57:26 AM »

South run things.

North has dried up !!!!

They should contact General Electric lol

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 08:29:54 AM »

The government. Whoelse?

South run things.

North has dried up !!!!

I eh to sure about south running  things although it is good to see a second team from south in the proleague. It is a good move to move the team to Sando because Connection is the  only proteam in south. This team could have well played up north,  the way football teams does appear and disappear nowadys. Would be nice to see Point and Palo Seco come back in the league. Also Tobago. What does confuse me is Central. Central claim to be the biggest demographics. They have a world class stadium. But no serious effort to have a team, Not even in the super league. That does drive me crazy.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 08:40:50 AM by Deeks »

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 09:19:15 AM »
PS: Is it me or anyone here notice that they have all de best left footers in de league, Akeem Adams, Javed Mohammed, Aubrey David, Andrei Pacheco, Kevon Neaves and I think Sylvester Teesdale too.

Interesting .....  :thinking:

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 11:15:54 AM »

The government. Whoelse?

South run things.

North has dried up !!!!

I eh to sure about south running  things although it is good to see a second team from south in the proleague. It is a good move to move the team to Sando because Connection is the  only proteam in south. This team could have well played up north,  the way football teams does appear and disappear nowadys. Would be nice to see Point and Palo Seco come back in the league. Also Tobago. What does confuse me is Central. Central claim to be the biggest demographics. They have a world class stadium. But no serious effort to have a team, Not even in the super league. That does drive me crazy.

W connection is from savonetta, which is in central next to california. Eagles united is from central and they play in the super league.

JAH BLESS
RASTAFARI

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2011, 04:12:27 PM »
W connection is from savonetta, which is in central next to california. Eagles united is from central and they play in the super league.

I don't know much about Eagles. Do Eagles play in Ato? thanks for the update. I know W is based in Savonetta, but correct if I am wrong, they tend to play the vast majority of their games at Mannie. They more or less are a south team headquartered in central.

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 06:33:03 PM »

I don't know much about Eagles. Do Eagles play in Ato? thanks for the update. I know W is based in Savonetta, but correct if I am wrong, they tend to play the vast majority of their games at Mannie. They more or less are a south team headquartered in central.

W Connection home field is Ato Boldon, they play at the Mannie because the league admin try to play double headers to help with crowd support.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2011, 11:09:10 PM »

Eagles play at Chaguanas...I think it is called Woodbrook club or something...right opposite a WASA station. Nice little venue. I think Clayton Morris is a coach there.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 12:11:58 AM »

Eagles play at Chaguanas...I think it is called Woodbrook club or something...right opposite a WASA station. Nice little venue. I think Clayton Morris is a coach there.

Woodford Lodge?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2011, 07:03:47 AM »

Woodford Lodge?
   :beermug:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 08:00:54 AM »
I remember Woodford lodge. A decent field back then in the 70s. Played against Leeds or CYO?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2011, 08:11:55 PM »
T&TEC should look to take over Skinner Park as they home field.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2011, 11:42:14 AM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Trinimassive, I meant Shirt Sponsor - Adidas, Puma, who ?

They wear Adidas.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2011, 11:49:38 AM »
T&TEC should look to take over Skinner Park as they home field.

de borough has total control and dey don't want to spend any money

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2012, 04:23:52 AM »
Warner congratulates TTEC
By WALTER ALIBEY (Newsday)
Tuesday, January 17 2012

MINISTER of Works and Infrastructure, Jack Warner congratulated TTEC for the progress their various sporting teams have made at various tournaments.

Warner’s was speaking at the 15th annual Presentation of Prizes and Awards Ceremony of the TTEC at the Angostura House, Eastern Main Road, Laventille on Friday.

TTEC hosted 11 different sports at their inter-area competitions last year including; aerobics, table tennis, scrabble, draughts, hard ball cricket, wind ball cricket, all fours, cooking, football, beach football and pool.

Warner said that sport is suffering in Trinidad and Tobago with the National Sporting Organisations battling with the Ministry of Sport for funding. He explained that such squabbles are discouraging people from entering into sport and a solution must be found quickly.

“Anytime something seems to be going good, there is always someone who will try to mess it up it,” said Warner.

He called on corporate Trinidad and Tobago to follow the lead of TTEC to invest in sport which would only benefit the community.

He lamented the decline of football and said that the Digicel Pro League must make changes to their format if they are to be successful in the future. The former FIFA vice-president said that there must also be changes to cricket to ensure continued success.

“There were days when St Augustine Secondary would have beaten Guyana twice in a day in football and the TT cricketers would have cruised past their Guyanese counterparts in regional competition.

Now we have seen a TT football team knocked out of the World Cup Qualifiers by Guyana and our cricketers have to struggle against them to advance at the Caribbean T20 Tournament,” Warner added.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2012, 07:19:47 PM »
One point away from creating history !!!!

Lets go T&TEC !!!

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2012, 08:53:30 PM »
Sorry Sam & Sando but T&TEC were beaten 3 - 2 by Caledonia & W Connection defeated Police 8-1 so W Connection are the 2011/2012 Digicel Pro League Champions.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2012, 05:44:19 AM »
Well on the bright side, a South team won it !!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2012, 06:02:51 AM »
Well on the bright side, a South team won it !!!!

You sure they from South. Savonetta is South or Central? I know Williams is a Southmna.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2012, 03:16:22 AM »
Omar Khan has quit his chairmanship of the Trinidad and Tobago Electricity Commission (T&TEC).

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2012, 12:18:20 PM »
What does this means for the football team. Good, bad? Let's hope they don't end up like Petrotrin.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2012, 06:57:41 PM »
What does this means for the football team. Good, bad? Let's hope they don't end up like Petrotrin.

Do not know him personally, but the little I know he had a good head for the club.

Time will tell how this affects the team.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2012, 07:34:42 PM »

Do not know him personally, but the little I know he had a good head for the club.

Let me  quote him when Morton was locked up dey on they own.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2012, 07:57:33 PM »

Let me  quote him when Morton was locked up dey on they own.

Who is Morton ?

1]; } ?>