March 28, 2024, 04:28:47 PM

Author Topic: Kenwyne's hand out  (Read 2885 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne's hand out
« on: December 07, 2011, 06:14:41 AM »
Kenwyne's hand out
stokecityfc.com

KENWYNE JONES gave the pupils of St Werburgh's Church of England Primary School an early Christmas surprise . . . when he joined them for their visit from The Co-operative Bank Football Roadshow this week.

Stoke City's £8 million striker not only passed on a few tips to the Year Two children as they were being put through a skills session by the Club's Community Coaches, he also presented the school with a fantastic prize.

As winners of one of the spot prizes for taking part in The Co-operative Bank Football Roadshow, St Werburgh's in Kingsley Holt have received a smart new team strip which will be worn by the school's football teams in future.

St Werburgh's are one of 84 local schools which have so far taken part in the scheme since it was launched in conjunction with the Football Club in September, offering coaching to almost 2,500 schoolchildren so far.

"This is where it all started for all of us," said Jones. "So it is important that we offer our encouragement to children at this age and this is a fantastic scheme which gives them some valuable coaching and support."

After joining in the skills session and presenting the kit, he then took part in a question and answer session with the pupils.

Many of them wanted to know more about his spectacular goal celebration and he beamed: "My advice to you is don't try it."

The Co-operative Bank Football Roadshow is scheduled to visit another 60 schools in the area from January onwards.

The feedback from parents of pupils who have taken part so far has been excellent with 95% of them saying that their enjoyed the sessions and gave them many of them encouragement to fulfil their dreams in the game.

There are still opportunities for schools to register for the Roadshow and this can be done by contacting Steve Hunt on 01782 592251.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 06:58:16 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne's hand out
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 06:25:04 AM »
man looking like ah fly in a glass of milk oui.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 06:25:54 AM »

:rotfl:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 06:35:26 AM »

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
I pity the fool....

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 07:45:46 AM »

waaaay   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 07:47:07 AM »
This is impressive,when i look at what these guys are doing for kids where ever they are i wonder why contributions like this are not made at home,we have so many big name players who presently playing and coaching in the game today,this is what we call giving back.I must say Yorke does well at this kind of thing.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 10:47:54 AM »

lol

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 10:52:21 AM »
This is impressive,when i look at what these guys are doing for kids where ever they are i wonder why contributions like this are not made at home,we have so many big name players who presently playing and coaching in the game today,this is what we call giving back.I must say Yorke does well at this kind of thing.

Coops as admirable as it is to see them doing this it is still just all part of club PR. The Pro League could do well to take a few pages on how professional clubs work

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 11:07:34 AM »

:o ... :-\ ... :) ... :D ... ;D ... :rotfl:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 11:52:23 AM »

"for their visit from The Co-operative Bank Football Roadshow this week."
"There are still opportunities for schools to register for the Roadshow and this can be done by contacting Steve Hunt on 01782 592251"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 08:51:16 PM »

Coops as admirable as it is to see them doing this it is still just all part of club PR. The Pro League could do well to take a few pages on how professional clubs work

NES doing stuff like this!!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 04:38:43 AM »

:o ... :-\ ... :) ... :D ... ;D ... :rotfl:

..couldn't resist, either!   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

1]; } ?>