March 29, 2024, 05:32:21 AM

Author Topic: Lester Peltier Thread.  (Read 28032 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lester Peltier Thread.
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2018, 09:41:17 AM »
Midfielder Lester Peltier has joined Armenian Premier League club, FC Banants.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2018, 10:24:01 AM »
There's Peltier playing in a country with a top division comprised of SIX teams. Meanwhile, the players in Azerbaijan are playing in a top flight that consists of EIGHT teams.

Armenia has a population that's twice the T&T population and Azerbaijan's population is about ten times the T&T population.

Bateau is in Kazakhstan (assuming no change in location) playing in a TWELVE team league in a country with nearly 20x the T&T pop.

Meanwhile, we have TEN struggling teams. Could we be missing something related to economies of scale?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 12:27:17 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2018, 06:34:20 PM »
WATCH: Lester Peltier scores a penalty in the 72nd minute to seal FC Banants’ 2-0 win over FC Ararat

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fZpv_NzLs8s?start=167" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fZpv_NzLs8s?start=167</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2018, 01:17:06 PM »
Peltier scored again today. It seems almost farcical to discuss this because it's a six-team league, but here goes.

His squad moved into 4th place following today's 2-0 victory. You can't make this up: there are three teams on 34 points and then Peltier's on 33 points. The other two teams in the table are significantly off the running.

The team that Peltier's squad defeated today is from the club at which Mkhitaryan developed as a young player. Perhaps that counts for something.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2018, 01:53:35 PM »
WATCH: Lester Peltier scores for the second consecutive game in FC Banants’ 2-0 win over FC Pyunik

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/p6COZjAdxj0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/p6COZjAdxj0</a>

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2018, 07:17:52 AM »
Peltier scored again today. It seems almost farcical to discuss this because it's a six-team league, but here goes.

His squad moved into 4th place following today's 2-0 victory. You can't make this up: there are three teams on 34 points and then Peltier's on 33 points. The other two teams in the table are significantly off the running.

The team that Peltier's squad defeated today is from the club at which Mkhitaryan developed as a young player. Perhaps that counts for something.

Wait what?? A six team league? Is it safe to say the national team has seen the last of Corn Curls...I think so...but it's cool to read that he's scoring where's he's at.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2018, 10:38:00 PM »
WATCH: Lester Peltier scores against his former club in FC Banants’ 3-0 win over FC Alashkert

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nVumCNg777g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nVumCNg777g</a>

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2018, 02:17:26 PM »
found his level now given his previous potential........still stunned at how badly he fell off after that great start in Slovakia was it ??? ??? ??? :-\
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2018, 02:44:24 PM »
found his level now given his previous potential........still stunned at how badly he fell off after that great start in Slovakia was it ??? ??? ??? :-\

Ah feel this league is a tad unchallenging for Peltier. Up to him to convince ... those that need convincing ... that he is up for a challenge.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2018, 08:54:14 PM »

Ah feel this league is a tad unchallenging for Peltier. Up to him to convince ... those that need convincing ... that he is up for a challenge.

yes yes he can, but is up too him to humble he self, put he head down and show someting to get where he can challenged and become a prospect again.......as such as dat possible at this stage............. how old is he
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2018, 05:19:49 AM »

yes yes he can, but is up too him to humble he self, put he head down and show someting to get where he can challenged and become a prospect again.......as such as dat possible at this stage............. how old is he

He will be 30 this year.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2018, 10:20:53 AM »
Thanks TM

Sent from my SM-J105B using Tapatalk

I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2018, 01:16:06 PM »
WATCH: FC Banants midfielder Lester Peltier continues to haunt his former club, FC Alashkert, after scoring a brace in a 2-2 draw.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/uYxJ2Q29Rdc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/uYxJ2Q29Rdc</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2018, 04:01:17 PM »
WATCH: Post-game interview with Lester Peltier after FC Banants’ 2-2 draw with Alashkert.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/I2pyggKQhB0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/I2pyggKQhB0</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 20, 2018, 05:17:45 PM »
WATCH: Lester Peltier scores his sixth goal in twelve games during FC Banants’ 2-0 win over FC Ararat Yerevan

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/x5ADhWexUdo?start=48" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/x5ADhWexUdo?start=48</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2018, 09:04:20 AM »
Lester Peltier joins Saudi Arabian First Division team, Al-Mujazzal Club

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lester Peltier tells youths 'don't give up'
« Reply #107 on: September 11, 2018, 12:08:57 PM »
Lester Peltier tells youths 'don't give up'
By Alina Doodnath (looptt.com)

From small-town roots in Carenage, Trinbagonian professional footballer Lester Peltier has come a long way, most recently being signed to Saudi Arabian football club, Al Mujazzal, earlier this month.

Speaking to LoopTT, Peltier, who has played professional football in Europe for the past eight years, said the switch over to Saudi Arabia is a big but positive change, to which he is willing to give his all.

"It's a great development for me, this is the third transfer since I've been away from Trinidad and Tobago but it’s a completely different atmosphere from what I was used to, having played in Europe. Coming to Saudi Arabia from Europe was a bit of a change, especially adapting to the different weather and culture, but I believe it’s the perfect opportunity for me to launch a new chapter," he said.

The former St Anthony's College student, fondly known by his nickname 'Corn Curls', also gave credit to his hometown in Higgs Street, Carenage, "where all the best players are from," he laughed.

"The whole thing started when I was playing in Europe with an Armenian team (Alashkert FC), I had a good season, they were second to last and after I signed, I helped them move all the way up to second place," he said.

Peltier said following his impressive performance, someone contacted the team with an invitation for him to join Al Mujazzal. After doing some research and deliberating, he decided to make the switch.

Following the whirlwind move, Peltier said he has been treated exceptionally well and is committed to giving the team his all.

“It’s a great place, since I’ve been here they’re treated me really well, but the culture is different because everyone is covered up, no one drinks alcohol, stuff like that. But my family is comfortable and everything is going really well. I came over to prove a point, to do well, and to make my team proud," he said.

Entering the professional football at 19, Peltier said it was something he was always committed to doing, and something which helped him escape the dangers of the community in which he grew up.

The former soca warrior has never forgotten his roots and encouraged other youngsters from Carenage as well as the rest of Trinidad and Tobago to keep focused on their goals.

"I think it’s all down to the mentality because where I come from, I knew I always had a choice. I could choose the violent way, or I could choose football."

"Whenever I visit Carenage I always talk to the guys and say 'I used to be just like you and I decided to use football to help me make a way out of here, and so can you'," he said.

"The youths in Trinidad and Tobago, they can’t give up. If you give up you won’t see it through. I didn’t give up when I saw guns and drugs and stuff like that, I saw football and I saw what it could do."

"Wake up in the morning, run, take care of your body because your body is your investment...stick with God, stick with good people, surround yourself with the people who do the best for you."

"Trinidad and Tobago has a lot of talent...its all about how bad you want it. And if you’re willing to make the sacrifice, you can do it. We're all born with talent, it’s just for us have the drive," he said.

Peltier also hopes that his performance will help pave the way for other Trinbagonian footballers to also be discovered.

"When I play in Saudi Arabia, I feel like I’m helping to open the door for others who want to work hard and compete at the professional level, and it’s up to them to make it work," he said.

Peltier, who will celebrate his 30th birthday on September 13, said he could not be more grateful for the direction in which his career and life is heading.

"It’s all up to God, he has given me the talent and it was up to me to work hard and do the best out of it. I always give thanks to the man up there, and besides that my family and friends, they’ve always supported me from day one," he said.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2019, 07:31:26 PM »
Midfielder Lester Peltier has signed with Saudi First Division club, Al-Orobah FC, where he will link up with his international teammate, Daneil Cyrus.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2019, 07:41:15 PM »
Dropping down in the table. They must want him to come to the rescue.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 05, 2019, 06:41:23 AM »
Dropping down in the table. They must want him to come to the rescue.

Maybe de money and/or contract terms much better, because I eh know why else yuh would move from a mid-table side to one in de relegation zone. Although is only eight points dat separate de two,

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2019, 06:54:34 AM »
Peltier has relocated to Bahraini club Al Hala Muharraq, a club seemingly intent on signing experienced campaigners.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 06:56:53 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 18, 2019, 07:31:20 AM »
Here's an excerpt from an article about Brazilian forward Héber in which the player describes playing in Armenia with Alashkert. Alashkert is the club at which Peltier played not long after Héber.

Armenia was a crazy experience. We trained in the stadium where we played. The dressing room was tiny and precarious. We had to take our kit home to wash. Sometimes we’d go into the dressing room at half-time and you’d smell cigarette smoke. When you looked across, the coach was in his little corner smoking. And the players would smoke after the game. Sometimes I looked around and thought: ‘My God, what am I doing here, at the end of the Earth?’ Especially in the winter. It was the first time I’d seen snow. But then I’d think: ‘No, you can’t give up. Better things will come.’ I learned a lot. But it’s one of the places that I’ve lived that I don’t miss so much,” he admits with a chuckle.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/sep/13/heber-new-york-city-fc-mls-brazil-amazon-armenia-firmino

Note that although Héber and Peltier played at Alashkert during different seasons (2015/16 and 2016/17), they played under the same manager, Abraham Khashmanyan.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 11:49:03 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2019, 12:01:02 PM »
Peltier has relocated to Bahraini club Al Hala Muharraq, a club seemingly intent on signing experienced campaigners.

Wasted talent and opportunity by this fella.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 26, 2019, 05:00:29 AM »
There's some lovely women out there.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2020, 08:23:20 AM »
Lester Peltier has joined newly promoted Saudi First Division club, Al-Taqadom FC. Lester last played with Al-Hala Muharraq in the Bahraini Premier League.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2020, 11:10:29 AM »
WATCH: Lester Peltier converts a penalty to score a consolation goal in Al-Taqadom FC's 3-1 loss to Al-Nahda

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/r1vhSpDp67A?start=630" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/r1vhSpDp67A?start=630</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lester Peltier announces international retirement
« Reply #117 on: June 07, 2021, 02:53:48 PM »
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday)

TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO footballer Lester “Corn Curls” Peltier has announced his retirement from international football, with immediate effect.

In a letter addressed to Robert Hadad, chairman of the FIFA-appointed normalisation committee (which oversees the affairs of the T&T Football Association), the 32-year-old Peltier wrote, “After careful thought and consideration, I have decided to retire from my position on the T&T team, with immediate effect.”

Peltier continued, “It was an honour to have had the opportunity to represent my country over the past 13 years, on the Under-17, Under-20 and senior level teams.

“The valuable coaching provided throughout my years playing with the team was instrumental in my growth and development as a professional football player, and for this I shall be forever grateful.

“While it was not an easy decision to make, it is a necessary one due to other personal commitments at this time,” he added.

The Carenage-born Peltier, who played either as a striker or a right winger, started his career at St Anthony’s College before joining San Juan Jabloteh in 2006. He spent the 2010-11 season with the now-defunct Ma Pau FC before moving to AS Trencin in Slovakia in April 2011.

He had stints with another Slovakian team Slovan Bratislava (2012-15), Irtysh Pavlodar (Kazakhstan, 2016), Pribram (Czech Republic, 2016), Maasmechelen (Belgium, 2017), Alashkert (Armenia, 2017 and 2018), Banants (Armenia, 2018), Al-Mujazzal (Saudi Arabia, 2018-19), Al-Orobah (Saudi Arabia, 2019), Al Hala (Bahrain, 2019-20) and Al-Taqadom (Saudi Arabia, 2020).

Peltier made his international debut against Puerto Rico on January 26, 2008 and earned 41 caps, with six goals to his name. He last played for T&T against Guyana, on June 26, 2019, in the Concacaf Gold Cup.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 07, 2021, 03:20:52 PM »
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday)

TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO footballer Lester “Corn Curls” Peltier has announced his retirement from international football, with immediate effect.

In a letter addressed to Robert Hadad, chairman of the FIFA-appointed normalisation committee (which oversees the affairs of the T&T Football Association), the 32-year-old Peltier wrote, “After careful thought and consideration, I have decided to retire from my position on the T&T team, with immediate effect.”

Peltier continued, “It was an honour to have had the opportunity to represent my country over the past 13 years, on the Under-17, Under-20 and senior level teams.

“The valuable coaching provided throughout my years playing with the team was instrumental in my growth and development as a professional football player, and for this I shall be forever grateful.

“While it was not an easy decision to make, it is a necessary one due to other personal commitments at this time,” he added.

The Carenage-born Peltier, who played either as a striker or a right winger, started his career at St Anthony’s College before joining San Juan Jabloteh in 2006. He spent the 2010-11 season with the now-defunct Ma Pau FC before moving to AS Trencin in Slovakia in April 2011.

He had stints with another Slovakian team Slovan Bratislava (2012-15), Irtysh Pavlodar (Kazakhstan, 2016), Pribram (Czech Republic, 2016), Maasmechelen (Belgium, 2017), Alashkert (Armenia, 2017 and 2018), Banants (Armenia, 2018), Al-Mujazzal (Saudi Arabia, 2018-19), Al-Orobah (Saudi Arabia, 2019), Al Hala (Bahrain, 2019-20) and Al-Taqadom (Saudi Arabia, 2020).

Peltier made his international debut against Puerto Rico on January 26, 2008 and earned 41 caps, with six goals to his name. He last played for T&T against Guyana, on June 26, 2019, in the Concacaf Gold Cup.

Peltier leads the way. Ah feel dahis a memo to be emulated.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 07, 2021, 11:37:51 PM »
I swore he retired a long long time ago, this is news? stewps.

1]; } ?>