March 29, 2024, 12:11:33 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T U-23 vs Mexico U-23 Game (03-23-2012).  (Read 43575 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T U-23 vs Mexico U-23 Game (03-23-2012).
« Reply #270 on: March 23, 2012, 11:49:16 PM »
Hey whappen to them symposium that was so successful?

The symposium was a chance to tell the MoS why they should NOT support the football establishment in its current form and all its bad practices. Based on the level of participation it was a stunning failure. Did you contribute anything to the effort?

That that bad man, slow yuh role nah, the one that The Technical director and and he coaches had.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 23, 2012, 11:53:14 PM »
Fellas this team good, T&T ah talking about eh, but we need a coach with INTERNATIONAL experience. A coach who understand how to prep a team for a major tournament. These boys not sharp and looks not ready to play.

That #19 in the back terrible.
no you need a coach who knows what he is doing...some of these fellas have potential others not ready for this level....

Absolutely!

Lehme tell allyuh something ... frigging Tena doh have no setta int'l experience on the coaching side. And, ah damn sure Eve have more international caps than him. Tell me ah lie.

When ah say International experience I eh mean just coaching internationally, but understand the International scene and can keep up with it. Asylum, simple as your intricate and intimate understanding of CONCACAF is what I and getting at.

This thing where we like to say we don't need to scout nobody apparently is indicative of our coaches. These coaches dosen't even seem to know the Mexican players, far less to prepare for them.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 23, 2012, 11:53:32 PM »
i wonder if we forget wen we get 5 from st fackin kitts.......we need to learn to play as a team ....as simple as it sounds we dont do it there is no kinda off the ball movement .....is give a man d ball and watch him try to do a ting

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 23, 2012, 11:54:38 PM »
Hey whappen to them symposium that was so successful?

The symposium was a chance to tell the MoS why they should NOT support the football establishment in its current form and all its bad practices. Based on the level of participation it was a stunning failure. Did you contribute anything to the effort?

That that bad man, slow yuh role nah, the one that The Technical director and and he coaches had.

breddrin, self-congratulary gathering like what we TD had are useless. the only symposium that will ever produce fruit is one where we let the football establishment know that we 100% done supporting them. we have another chance coming up, i'll post details shortly.  for what its worth, this time i hope the forum grab it with two hands and run.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 23, 2012, 11:57:27 PM »
i wonder if we forget wen we get 5 from st fackin kitts.......we need to learn to play as a team ....as simple as it sounds we dont do it there is no kinda off the ball movement .....is give a man d ball and watch him try to do a ting

Think of it like this: we are pedestrians ... de opponent driving.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 24, 2012, 12:00:17 AM »
this horse done dead in the middle of the road with he four foot skinup in the air.  no single coach, td, director, starboy player, executive, special advisor, president, chairman or waterboy can solve the problems.

Think of it like this: we are pedestrians ... de opponent driving.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 24, 2012, 12:00:40 AM »
ne ways cheers to cyrus, gay and molino (at times) they worked hard .....on to the next

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 24, 2012, 12:02:44 AM »
Mexico has been beating us when jack started his tenure as big boss, and they kept on beating even after he left, in champions league, WC qualifying and on a junior level, and these jokers never found a way to fix that problem after twenty something yrs, now that is what i call dunce, hard headed and chupid as all fack.             :pissedoff:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 24, 2012, 12:04:50 AM »
          Jack warner's legacy.         :applause: :wavetowel:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 12:08:20 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 24, 2012, 12:07:31 AM »
Fellas this team good, T&T ah talking about eh, but we need a coach with INTERNATIONAL experience. A coach who understand how to prep a team for a major tournament. These boys not sharp and looks not ready to play.

no you need a coach who knows what he is doing...some of these fellas have potential others not ready for this level....

Absolutely!

Lehme tell allyuh something ... frigging Tena doh have no setta int'l experience on the coaching side. And, ah damn sure Eve have more international caps than him. Tell me ah lie.

When ah say International experience I eh mean just coaching internationally, but understand the International scene and can keep up with it. Asylum, simple as your intricate and intimate understanding of CONCACAF is what I and getting at.

This thing where we like to say we don't need to scout nobody apparently is indicative of our coaches. These coaches dosen't even seem to know the Mexican players, far less to prepare for them.

This just confirms de resolve ah have that this forum will be front and center in effecting change. Right after Mexico's failed Copa America participation I started to address the Marco Fabian issue. Then yuh have players like Hiram Mier ... do we even know what either player's favoured foot is? Steups.

Given that we'll be facing these players and others like them in WC qualifying etc ... at some point in time the received wisdom should be to take a proactive approach.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 12:11:05 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tierra

• Jr. Warrior
  • Football unites
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 24, 2012, 12:12:42 AM »
Till the next game  ;)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 24, 2012, 12:19:34 AM »
Till the next game  ;)
Sorry again meh lady for meh duncy behavior.                         :beermug:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 24, 2012, 12:30:58 AM »
I did not see the game but is like saw it, by most people's reaction. Guys we are not  in Mexico's class. Never. There have been exceptions to the rule. But that is few and far in between.

The Mex. guys are better than us. I would say they play in the best organized league in the Westrn Hemisphere. And ours? OUR ATROCIOUS FOOTBALL IS A DIRECT CONSEQUENCE OF OUR PFL. NOT GOOD ENOUGH>

How much of allyuh does watch Mex. football religeously. Very few. I bet you if you have to watch a game between TolucavAmerica or Barca/Madrid. I bet 100% will watch the latter. And I sure them back home  don't even see Mex. ball. If you want to know how to play like the Mex. watch their games like you watch the Euros. We don't play England or Spain to qualify. We always play Mex. So there is no excuse not knowing how the Mex. play.

Tell me

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 24, 2012, 12:34:40 AM »
everyone else game cut off

yuh get lucky.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 24, 2012, 04:23:00 AM »

I hear Otto Pfister might be available...  ::)

Wasnt expecting a 7-1 mauling, but want to make the point that the overall structure of football in Mexico is superior to all CONCACAF nations. In fact I'd put Mexico right up there with the Likes of Brazil, Argentina etc in terms of club football structure and such. The state of club football in my opinion is the key ingredient in sustaining football development.  Mexico and USA will remain at the top of the pack simply because they have the market and club structure to propel their football forward. The central American teams will remain ahead of the caribbean teams because, while their club football is inferior to that of Mexico and USA they are still miles ahead of the caribbean nations.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: March 24, 2012, 04:26:55 AM »
Allyuh ever consider the quality of the opposition that we are up against??

These are pro league players playing a high intensity match against the best U23 professionals that Mexico have to offer.

This is the most sensible thing said on here all night,once is Mexico you playing forget it,everybody going to get expose,all the foreign based players,locals ,coaching tactics,formations etc etc will be irrelivante,what we have not sorted out yet is how to prepare for teams like Mexico,Football in our country plus our players not ready or not matured enough for that level of Football,once you take us out of our comfort zone we are nervous recks.
     That's our best guys,good effort it's all we can ask for.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 24, 2012, 06:08:26 AM »
Coops and Andre Samuel, YES !!!!!!!!!! we all know Mexico is a better team, but there should be no excuses for a 7-1 mauling.

1. The way T&T played.
2. The score line.
3. Their fitness.

Remember, this T&T team has been to two World Cups and have been together for a long time.

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 24, 2012, 07:01:10 AM »
U niggas would NOT learn! TnT cannot beat Mexico. It's nothing new. We CANNOT beat them!! They are ahead of us in the game. What do you niggas expect??? Yes on a positive note, TnT looked fit and tried to match them in fitness. But Mexico is too good technically and tactically. Eve, Corneal, etc, does not matter WHO, cannot guide a TnT team past Mexico. It's almost impossible. In 2005, TnT beat them, when Stern scored 2 yes, but that was a "B" team from Mexico and we hard the strongest possible team. Again, I repeat, Trinidad and Tobago, CANNOT BEAT MEXICO. We have never been able too and we NEVER WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 24, 2012, 07:25:11 AM »
U niggas would NOT learn! TnT cannot beat Mexico. It's nothing new. We CANNOT beat them!! They are ahead of us in the game. What do you niggas expect??? Yes on a positive note, TnT looked fit and tried to match them in fitness. But Mexico is too good technically and tactically. Eve, Corneal, etc, does not matter WHO, cannot guide a TnT team past Mexico. It's almost impossible. In 2005, TnT beat them, when Stern scored 2 yes, but that was a "B" team from Mexico and we hard the strongest possible team. Again, I repeat, Trinidad and Tobago, CANNOT BEAT MEXICO. We have never been able too and we NEVER WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

??...

Strange post...like yuh come home drunk and went on the forum...I'm sure you are young.....Trinidad and Tobago can and HAS defeated Mexico...at every level....in Competitive games, even clubs, sometimes when it mattered very much. THAT IS A FACT. I've been in a stadium and watched our youths live completely dominate Mexico in a Concacaf semi-final.

Know your history, get some pride.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 24, 2012, 07:47:41 AM »
a bright spot for me..i like the look of jayson Joseph...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 24, 2012, 08:01:38 AM »
a bright spot for me..i like the look of jayson Joseph...

Jason Joseph   :beermug: :beermug:.. surprised he never made any of the previous youth teams ... Mikel Williams, Cyrus, Molino  also looked good ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 24, 2012, 08:04:50 AM »
GK had a real bad game...no way we can beat mexico with gk mistakes since most of the game is spent defending. only chance is solid defense and take the few chances we get.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 24, 2012, 08:16:31 AM »
Big mag, yuh see why i doh get carried away? the whole team look disorganized, and to top it off, the goal keeper is ah pure novice. boys vs men. watch more goals go start scoring.

JC...but ah ask yuh " What was your vibes" ???...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 24, 2012, 08:22:48 AM »

Highlights

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z66RB73BD18#!" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Z66RB73BD18#!</a>
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 24, 2012, 08:26:48 AM »
STEUPPS!!!!!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 24, 2012, 08:45:57 AM »
Mexico used 40 players in peparation, all are starting, or playing regularly with professional clubs.

MEXICO Pan Am Games Squad:
 Mexico (MEX)
 José de Jesús Corona
 Hugo Isaác Rodríguez
 Hiram Mier
 Néstor Araujo
 Dárvin Chávez
 Jesús Zavala
 Javier Aquino
 Carlos Emilio Orrantía
 Oribe Peralta
 Othoniel Arce
 Jerónimo Amione
 José Antonio Rodríguez
 Ricardo Bocanegra
 Jorge Enríquez
 César Ibáńez
 Miguel Ángel Ponce
 Isaác Brizuela
 Diego Reyes
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Hebaldo

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 24, 2012, 09:48:31 AM »
Cyrus is the only player I think looked good, but that's because he was just doing last ditch defending because we were always under pressure... Doh know what to say but we have to win tomorrow and Tuesday please god

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 24, 2012, 10:46:02 AM »
I seeing some hustle defensively but they picking up their marks too late. The communication is not what it should be as two men rushing in to tackle one man, the second guy rushing in losing his mark. Basically too much ball watching. Ball on de near post, de whole defense rushing in that direction and leaving far post area exposed. Check yuh back fellas. Soft clearances to the top of the box as if #10 needed more assists to add to he 3 goals. The Distribution from the back could be better though. The panic level did not match the amount of pressure at times and defenders jes boom kicking. Also, midfielders freezing under pressure, becoming stationary and telegraphing exactly where dey was going to pass. It was easy for the Mexicans to steal the ball away. Athletically, we ahead of the Mexicans going forward. Coming back the other way, we always seem to be chasing so the recovery runs could be better. Ah was vex dat dey let dat blasted Mexican off with dat Kung Fu kick to Andre Marchan Head. The dotish Trainers doh even know he concussed when yuh could see he glassy eyed. Steups. Ah did not understand all de subs. It made it worse. Again, ah want to know what badges de coaching staff have to be guiding a team at dis level. Playing nashie in de past not good enough in my book. On ah next note, time to form a Caribbean Club League. It might be de only way to raise our level.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 10:51:14 AM by Savannah boy »

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 24, 2012, 11:08:56 AM »
Didn't see the game, but just watched the highlights above. Why do T&T defenders always suffer from ballwatchingitis. Check out most of the Mexicans goals and you will see want I mean. Several defenders were merely ball watching in the penalty area. That is real school boy stuff. You can't beat anybody if you defend like that.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 24, 2012, 11:09:31 AM »
Smh, this is some reality check yes...puts that win against antigua into perspective

1]; } ?>