April 17, 2024, 09:07:01 PM

Author Topic: Birchall open to offers  (Read 6316 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall open to offers
« on: December 09, 2011, 06:29:45 AM »
Birchall open to offers
By Bryan Swanson (Sky Sports)

LA Galaxy midfielder Chris Birchall has yet to agree a new deal with the MLS club and can train with other sides from Monday.

Birchall lifted the MLS trophy with LA Galaxy last month and has made 66 appearances for the club since he joined in 2009, including nine play-off games.

It is believed LA Galaxy are still keen to negotiate a new deal with the Trinidad and Tobago international, who had spells at Port Vale, Coventry, and Brighton.

"I've loved my time at LA Galaxy." Birchall told Sky Sports News HD. "LA Galaxy is a great club but I will see what offers come from back home in England before making any decision on my future."

Birchall was not included in head coach Bruce Arena's list of protected players ahead of last month's MLS Expansion Draft, and could have been picked to join league newcomers Montreal Impact.

He travelled to Manila and Melbourne and started in both games of LA Galaxy's recent Asia Pacific Tour, after he missed their match in Jakarta because of a family emergency.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Birchall open to offers
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 10:56:00 AM »
home is where the wife and youth(s) are. not sure where that is for birch.

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 11:40:51 AM »
I thought they moved with him when he went to LA. Not 100% certain though.

Home for him is where he grow up. No place like home.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 01:06:25 PM »
From Soccer America:

Arena has several questions to answer regarding his midfield. David Beckham’s future may lie with Paris St.-Germain or it may not; an offer has been made to retain linchpin Juninho, whose current loan from SAo Paulo is about to expire; and Chris Birchall is back home in England soliciting interest in his services.

http://www.socceramerica.com/article/44986/galaxy-signs-brazilian-midfielder.html
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 02:57:42 PM »
Home is where the heart is. The moved to LA with him- That is his family. I guess he wants to move back to the UK.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 03:29:34 PM »
So Sancho cyah hook him up with ah verbal something? Grande real nice this time ah the year :D

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Eyes on Birchall
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 02:48:08 PM »
Eyes on Birchall
Sky Sports

Former LA Galaxy midfielder Chris Birchall has attracted interest from three clubs, according to Sky Sports News sources.

It is understood Rangers, along with Championship clubs Leeds and Doncaster, are keeping track on Birchall.

The Trinidad & Tobago international is currently a free agent and Galaxy are believed to have asked Birchall to sign a new one-year contract.

LA Galaxy's Landon Donovan is currently on loan at Everton and team-mate Robbie Keane is in talks about a possible loan move to Aston Villa.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Eyes on Birchall
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 07:40:28 PM »
Strange,, dem fellahs win de championship and like team mashup ,,all de starboys riding to the U.K.
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 10:12:43 PM »
Strange,, dem fellahs win de championship and like team mashup ,,all de starboys riding to the U.K.
On loan.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 07:50:18 AM »
Rovers have been linked with Chris Birchall from LA Galaxy this week but when asked whether he was after the midfielder, Saunders said he had no interest in Trinidad and Tobago international.

http://www.doncaster.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=268384

Offline WarriorSaint

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 08:36:56 PM »
Would it really be a good idea for him to leave Galaxy? I mean, they are the best in the US and with Becks seemingly on his way out he should get more play time

Is it worth leaving US Champs to go to championship or lower level football in England?

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 08:46:05 PM »
Sems like Birchie waiting on Becks to confirm his next move before he does his.

Think it makes sense
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2012, 11:13:24 PM »
Rovers have been linked with Chris Birchall from LA Galaxy this week but when asked whether he was after the midfielder, Saunders said he had no interest in Trinidad and Tobago international.

Like Al Pacino would say in scarface  ."We"re the f**king bad guys mehn".
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 12:31:15 AM by Quags »

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 04:36:11 PM »
How they mean former galaxy player?
Hart for president

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 06:01:13 PM »

Like Al Pacino would say in scarface  ."We"re the f**king bad guys mehn".

I burn those cock-a-roaches
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 07:19:31 PM »
Galaxy waits on undecided Birchall.
By: Shaun Fuentes.

As Los Angeles Galaxy continues its ongoing preseason campaign, head coach Bruce Arena has admitted that Chris Birchall has been a no-show but is still hopeful the former Port Vale player may consider returning to the club, particularly with David Beckham agreeing to an additional two-year stay.

“There hasn’t been a decision made on him,” Arena said of Birchall. “Originally he wanted go back to England, so we obviously agreed to that and didn’t renew his option. He was looking to explore opportunities in England. Perhaps he’ll want to come back.”

Birchall meantime has attracted interest in England and mentioned that he would consider staying in the UK in order to be closer to his family. “They (Galaxy) want me to go back for another year at least,” he said.

“I’ve got a decision to make whether I accept the offer from Galaxy or see what occurs here (in England). If an offer comes here and it’s right for me and the family, I’ll take that into account and make a decision. Otherwise, we’ll move back to LA.”
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 08:24:26 PM »
ah bird in d hand iz worth 2 in d bush.....
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 08:50:43 PM »
I saw Birchall posted on Twitter that he is not the one keeping things back.

chrisbirchall7Chris Birchall
“@MCCsoccer_mommy: @galaxyprez @LAGalaxy STOP MESSING AROUND AND RESIGN @chrisbirchall7 geez!”LET'S JUST SAY WE ARE NOT WAITING ON ME

31 Jan FavoriteRetweetReply
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 08:54:07 PM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2012, 06:03:30 AM »
Birchall's latest tweet:
Disappointed to say that I will not be returning to LA Galaxy,I would like to thank everyone for a Superb 3years,fans exceptional!!Thankyou!

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2012, 06:49:36 AM »
Birchall's latest tweet:
Disappointed to say that I will not be returning to LA Galaxy,I would like to thank everyone for a Superb 3years,fans exceptional!!Thankyou!
Hmmm... The January transfer window has closed. Does this mean he is just chillin for the next couple months?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2012, 06:56:53 AM »
Birchall's latest tweet:
Hmmm... The January transfer window has closed. Does this mean he is just chillin for the next couple months?

He's ah free agent, so he could sign wit ah club at any time, except in de Pro League  ;D

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, 09:14:17 AM »
Any word on any possible destination?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Chris Birchall hits free agent market after Galaxy decline to pick up option
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2012, 06:24:39 PM »
Chris Birchall hits free agent market after Galaxy decline to pick up option
sportingnews.com

The Los Angeles Galaxy have declined to exercise an option on Chris Birchall, leaving the hard-working Trinidad and Tobago national team midfielder a free agent just a few weeks before the start of the MLS season.

Birchall, 27, announced the move Monday morning on Twitter, writing, “Disappointed to say that I will not be returning to LA Galaxy, I would like to thank everyone for a Superb 3 years, fans exceptional!! Thank you!”

Birchall joined L.A. in 2009 after spending the vast majority of his career in England’s second and third divisions. He played in 66 regular-season and playoff matches for the Galaxy and appeared in all four games of the 2011 playoffs, which concluded with L.A.’s third MLS Cup title. Birchall played the last 33 minutes of the 1-0 win over the Houston Dynamo in November’s final.

The move surely is a cost-cutting one for the Galaxy. Birchall was paid $157,125 last season, and last week’s signing of U.S. national team forward Edson Buddle likely necessitated the clearing of additional salary cap room. L.A. has added cheaper depth during the offseason and just acquired midfielder Kyle Nakazawa from the Philadelphia Union.

Birchall has played 39 times for Trinidad, including all three games at the 2006 World Cup. He is an Englishman and is eligible to play for T&T because his mother was born in Port of Spain.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2012, 06:29:13 PM »
back into the biting English cold lad..  good luck Chris.. get back on the pitch soon mate

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2012, 02:54:55 AM »
US dollar iznt much....anymore....
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2012, 04:46:41 AM »
How come this mustang eh geh pick up yet dread...de man is ah plain talk bad manner work horse!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2012, 06:01:25 AM »
How come this mustang eh geh pick up yet dread...de man is ah plain talk bad manner work horse!

To us he may appear as a workhorse because of how we play but to anybody else he's just another English player. It's going to be hard to go back England and be taken seriously after playing in the mls. Hope it works out for him.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2012, 12:00:48 PM »

To us he may appear as a workhorse because of how we play but to anybody else he's just another English player. It's going to be hard to go back England and be taken seriously after playing in the mls. Hope it works out for him.

Not so sure about that. LA Galaxy just won the whole thing. Beckham, Keane, Donavon, all have the respect of the English.

Maybe you're right. . .Just not so sure about that.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2012, 02:34:57 PM »
They could win from now until 2020, that doesn't mean that English people will ever respect the MLS. Most English people view the MLS as a retirement league and on par with the championship and maybe league one. Keane, Beckham, Henry and Donavon are brands at the end of the day so they'll always have offers and people pushing their interests. Birchall 's about to turn 28 and may find serious offers hard to come by because he has regressed from the time he played in championship to now in their eyes. I hope he can get some interests from the better championship clubs that pushing for promotion but I can't see any PL team picking him up.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2012, 02:56:48 PM »
Birchall doh need the English masses to respect the MLS, just a few managers.  Actually all he needs is one manager.

1]; } ?>