April 25, 2024, 03:13:57 PM

Author Topic: What is Professionalism/Profressional in T&T Football  (Read 1587 times)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What is Professionalism/Profressional in T&T Football
« on: December 10, 2011, 10:13:53 AM »
Now this is about T&T Football so lets keep it away or try to compare it with foreign leagues/players etc etc

We have players,clubs,organizations etc etc what are looking for or expect from these people?each one expects to pay money or have financial obligations yet have no way of making money,is Football a business?can clubs stand on their own without government/sponsor support?can the Pro league rally without the support of MOS.

When we run Clinics,Camps,Tournaments,Coaching schools,Academies,Courses etc etc do we know what's required for it to be successfull?do we have the proper facilities,equipments,personnel etc to implement programs such as these?how often should have these programs?should programs such as these be run by clubs or the TTFF?

I know some of these things have been discussed on here at some time or the other and i know there are a lot more which could be added (feel free) but i'm just throwing this out there for discussion sake.   

Offline ragga

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What is Professionalism/Profressional in T&T Football
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 01:07:59 PM »
In regards to professional/professionalism - and this has been happening for a while not only in Trinidad but also in North America and other parts of the world - lots of people are opening and advertising these football "academies" without knowing the true meaning/definition. A true academy should meet certain criteria like - minimum certification level for their coaches - coach to player ratio etc. The point is that to get to pro a lot of things must be clearly defined and not let to chance.

Offline coachman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 09:03:42 PM »
BUSINESS IS SELLING AND BUYING,If We cannot market or sell our pro league to  other countries then we cannot attract outside players,if our local clubs are not willing to hire scouts to get better players, They will not attract foreign investors,If foreign investors comes into the pro league, the local business man will want to get in,that's  how our people think.If that is not done then we cannot raise our local players standards, because the competition level is only a small group of footballers,The first five years of the pro league was very competitive, lots of foreign players,our local players had to work very hard to make the teams,not now.This is only a small part of the professional approach. :banginghead:

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 03:42:31 AM »
BUSINESS IS SELLING AND BUYING,If We cannot market or sell our pro league to  other countries then we cannot attract outside players,if our local clubs are not willing to hire scouts to get better players, They will not attract foreign investors,If foreign investors comes into the pro league, the local business man will want to get in,that's  how our people think.If that is not done then we cannot raise our local players standards, because the competition level is only a small group of footballers,The first five years of the pro league was very competitive, lots of foreign players,our local players had to work very hard to make the teams,not now.This is only a small part of the professional approach. :banginghead:
       I agree with you concerning the business of buying and selling but is not that our clubs are not willing is just that they can't afford,the league and clubs are not making any money,no gates etc etc if you buy players your intention is to make back that money and plus on your investment and that eh happening at home,yes we started off well but sponsor/local business men pull out when they realize it have no money in it for them,right now they hanging on a string with handouts from the MOS.

Offline coachman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 04:17:34 PM »
Coops I worked with three clubs in Trini and all three are owned by  millionaires,two were construction companies,and almost all the other club owners were  business men with some money, you said that it is  the league that  have no money, but the  government have money and they support the league.So help me understand that.We must find the solution. 

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 04:51:24 PM »
Coops I worked with three clubs in Trini and all three are owned by  millionaires,two were construction companies,and almost all the other club owners were  business men with some money, you said that it is  the league that  have no money, but the  government have money and they support the league.So help me understand that.We must find the solution. 
       Breds forgive me i am just naive to how business operates,in the Football world from what i see is millionaires/businessmen that controls the clubs,the reason they are involved in Football is because Football makes money,in T&T Football is not making money,these guys and the government are putting out money and nothing is coming back,how long will that last?if you notice every season two or three teams keep droping out of the league for financial reasons.Unless Football is able to sustain itself we can't say we have a viable Professional league,imagine we can't even keep our own players here how do we expect quality players to want to play here,why can't Edwards and these guys retire in the league back home instead of going to the MLS.
       There is no one solution you can find for T&T Football because it's multiple problems we dealing with,every country involved in Football does things differently and unless T&T finds what's best for our Football we will always struggle.My question is where is the crowds?   

1]; } ?>