March 28, 2024, 09:38:48 AM

Author Topic: Fifth ODI..we wuz robbed.  (Read 2436 times)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fifth ODI..we wuz robbed.
« on: December 11, 2011, 12:14:32 PM »
Congratulations to KP and his first ODI century hopefully there are more to come but more important was the fact that we should have won after such a brilliant performance by KP and Russel.Samuels and Ramdin was blatantly not out and Ramdin was really looking safe and settled,Simmons decission was also very doubtful,anyway there are good signs from our boys.The Indians even want the dregs off the facking table,greedy so and so.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Fifth ODI..we wuz robbed.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 12:57:13 PM »
Oh shoots. I forget the game was today. Steuupppss...I'm sure that Pollard century was entertaining. Now maybe that will shut the doubters up.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 01:52:37 PM »
Oh shoots. I forget the game was today. Steuupppss...I'm sure that Pollard century was entertaining. Now maybe that will shut the doubters up.

VB
It was entertaining, intelligent, and belligerent and had all the ingrediants to make it real "edge of the seat" stuff he all but brought it home but it was a monumental by the big man.I have to agree with you that he has put all the doubters in their place now.

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 02:28:17 PM »
The Windies need to become the Spain of cricket.

By that I mean, as many Barca players as there are
on the Spanish team, the Windies need to be controlled
by Trini players, and they all need to start.

Simmo, Barath, boat Bravo's (not both), J Mohammed,
Ram an Ram, Pollard and Narine.

Throw in Samuels and Roach/Edwards, and we good.
Russell as 12th man.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 05:57:57 PM »
what ppl seeing in jmo .i dont see it .he got 2 runs today looked really bad to .

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 06:20:01 PM »

VB

Why dat would shut up de doubters? He need to be more consistent and able to bat long and craft an innings. Otherwise he would be correckly labeled as ah wham bam thank you mam batsman. He is what he is.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 12:45:06 AM »

VB

Why dat would shut up de doubters? He need to be more consistent and able to bat long and craft an innings. Otherwise he would be correckly labeled as ah wham bam thank you mam batsman. He is what he is.
Its on his to do list .

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 09:54:24 AM »
what ppl seeing in jmo .i dont see it .he got 2 runs today looked really bad to .
JMOs journey only just start and prior to this season he was always in and out of the team,he was the most consistant in the recent OD tournament and was rightly picked for tha team,I would have gone for Dwyane Smith but you reall cant complain.JMO was playing against spinners that he has never confronted so I expect some nervousness but he will be OK in time....still young.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 10:24:18 AM »

VB

Not at all. He first came to fame in the long version of the game.

What I don't like is how they bring him with a few overs left or many wkts down and expect him to save the day. His strike rate is phenonemal but he should be in at 5. When I see the likes of Ramdhin coming in ahead of him, I can only shake my head.

Sure he does bat dotish sometimes. But this is the WI. Who doesn't?

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 04:34:54 PM »

VB

Not at all. He first came to fame in the long version of the game.

What I don't like is how they bring him with a few overs left or many wkts down and expect him to save the day. His strike rate is phenonemal but he should be in at 5. When I see the likes of Ramdhin coming in ahead of him, I can only shake my head.

Sure he does bat dotish sometimes. But this is the WI. Who doesn't?

VB

Trinis are not allowed 2
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 04:50:28 PM »
I still dont understand whose idea it was to put so much pressure on KP,SENDING HIM IN WITH 5 OVERS TO GO DOESN'T GET THE BEST OUT OF SUCH A BRILLIAND HITTER.I feel sure that he could turn out to be a top-class bat in all forms of the gme and should bat much higher up the order.Where are all those people who said that he couldn't play spin,I hope they were looking at him against India in the ODIs.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 06:34:00 PM »
I still dont understand whose idea it was to put so much pressure on KP,SENDING HIM IN WITH 5 OVERS TO GO DOESN'T GET THE BEST OUT OF SUCH A BRILLIAND HITTER.I feel sure that he could turn out to be a top-class bat in all forms of the gme and should bat much higher up the order.Where are all those people who said that he couldn't play spin,I hope they were looking at him against India in the ODIs.

Apart from de century, he didn't light up de series. His other scores were 13, 35, 29, 3 (avg. 20 runs). He has work to do.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 07:37:49 PM »
like i have been saying, play 8 trinis and they would have won, especially if they drop sammy who is taking the place of a better player

drop hyatt and powell as well, both players are not worth it, they sat rampaul and barath, big mistake

ramdin should take over the captaincy

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 09:24:51 PM »
like i have been saying, play 8 trinis and they would have won, especially if they drop sammy who is taking the place of a better player

drop hyatt and powell as well, both players are not worth it, they sat rampaul and barath, big mistake

Brilliant this way we can circumvent the whole go it alone drama.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 09:37:44 AM »

Brilliant this way we can circumvent the whole go it alone drama.

so when cricket becomes an olympic sport, you going to wave that west indies flag? :D

allyuh men have to stop the nonsense, in the near future you will be seeing TT play limited overs cricket alone because bassrath will not be there for long, and when he is removed, murray will push for separation, plain and simple

i rather see a TT team play cricket than this farce they call west indies, no gayle, no sarwan and they have rubbish playing instead, who will buy into that?

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 11:39:06 AM »
Indians don't want the DRS system.  Do they think that the decisions will always go in their favor? I hope it comes back to bite them especially in Australia.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

1]; } ?>