March 28, 2024, 08:34:34 AM

Author Topic: Comparing Kirani James to Usain Bolt  (Read 11913 times)

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Comparing Kirani James to Usain Bolt
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2011, 09:36:21 AM »
Juantorena did win the 4 and 8 at the '76 olympics, but it aint going to happen again. Both events have moved on. Just like a white man aint ever going to win the 100M at the olympics ever again.

Why yuh so, never say never - you never know if the next 100m white champion might be from Trinbago self.

Remember Mike Agostini, Manny Ramjohn, Melville Wongshing (1970 CWG 4x400m silver), Rafer Mohammed (1980 Oly 4x400m finalist)

You are kidding right? When was the last time a non-afro trinidadian was a top athlete on the Track? Back then, it was not understood that black people had a genetic advantage when it comes to flat running speed (Hitler must be turning in his grave lol). I know this much, the winners of all the men track events (ex hurdles- Liu Xiang and Di Green are exceptions) at next year's olympics will be black. From the 100 to the marathon, Its not racist its a fact! Check the olympic and world record books since 1988.

That's your problem, you checking history since 1988, which is basically yesterday.
I notice you start backing by adding the Chinese and British athletes already.
What about Sally Pearson in the 100 hurdles, Van Zyl in the 400m hurdles, the Russian woman in the 800m, Jen Barringer in the 1500m, ehhh??? No Kenyans or African-Americans.

Sad to say, your statement make you sound more like Hitler, even though you trying to disprove him.
Humans are humans - I suppose you need fast twitch muscles to be great in golf and be an NFL QB. No sah, it's all about disprove junk theories and having a passion to succeed.

So go and tell your son or daughter that they don't have the fast twitch brain fibers to be a investment banker or attorney, surgeon or oil executive
Breds, prior to 1988, there was not widespread competing by east Africans on the international stage. There were the odd brilliant kenyans like kip keino and henry rono and the ethiopian maritus yifter, but athletics was not taken that seriously or as organised (ask any kenyan). In fact there were no kenyan or ethiopian women in the olympics until 1992! have a look on youtube. Now they dominate the distance events. So are you tell me that is a coincidence? In 20 years, 2 nations that never even entered women in distance events, now dominate and it has nothing to do with genetics. Yeah right!

How the hell does being a banker or surgeon come in to this? Did I say anything intelligence, desire and ambition?

Well sir, if you are from west african descent, go and tell your son he can run 3 minutes and 29 secs for the 1500 meters if he trains and puts his mind to it.

I am not backing the chinese and the british athlete. The hurdles are technical events and that lessens the advantage (hence why Pearson and van zyl do well and much kudos to them). Do you really think that these athletes would be as dominant in the flat events? If they could, I guarantee they would. Their coaches know this, but apparently you do not.

Britain won their first medals in a men's distance race at the olympics or worlds last week. Who won them? Mo Farah, a somalian, gentically east african. This is britain, where i live. Distance running has a long tradition and is taken very seriously. David Moorcroft actually held the WR for 5K before the east africans came on the scene. Is Farah's gold and silver an eerie coincidence?

I was at the national senior champs in trinidad last month. The winner of the men 1500m won it in 4 min 10 secs. You would not even get a medal in a women international event with that time. What, our middle and long distance runners don't train hard enough? A 15 year old top kenyan runner, will 'jog' 3 mins 50 secs. There is no way, he would have been able to train for a middle distance event at that age, that is 20 secs better that our current champion. If he was not born with that ability, well its rather strange!   

Anyway, Hitler theories was based on racism. The aryan race was meant to be superior full stop. In sports (all events), in strength, in intellect. That is crap. I have not said that black people are superior full stop, because, I have said that west africans could never dominate the distance events. Nor have i said that ethipians are the smartest people on the planet.

Anyway, as spike lee said. Peace, 2 fingers!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 09:38:58 AM by behind-de-bridge »

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2011, 11:07:17 AM »
Juantorena did win the 4 and 8 at the '76 olympics, but it aint going to happen again. Both events have moved on. Just like a white man aint ever going to win the 100M at the olympics ever again.

Why yuh so, never say never - you never know if the next 100m white champion might be from Trinbago self.

Remember Mike Agostini, Manny Ramjohn, Melville Wongshing (1970 CWG 4x400m silver), Rafer Mohammed (1980 Oly 4x400m finalist)

You are kidding right? When was the last time a non-afro trinidadian was a top athlete on the Track? Back then, it was not understood that black people had a genetic advantage when it comes to flat running speed (Hitler must be turning in his grave lol). I know this much, the winners of all the men track events (ex hurdles- Liu Xiang and Di Green are exceptions) at next year's olympics will be black. From the 100 to the marathon, Its not racist its a fact! Check the olympic and world record books since 1988.

That's your problem, you checking history since 1988, which is basically yesterday.
What about Sally Pearson in the 100 hurdles, Van Zyl in the 400m hurdles, the Russian woman in the 800m, Jen Barringer in the 1500m, ehhh??? No Kenyans or African-Americans.

Sad to say, your statement make you sound more like Hitler, even though you trying to disprove him.
Humans are humans - I suppose you need fast twitch muscles to be great in golf and be an NFL QB. No sah, it's all about disprove junk theories and having a passion to succeed.

So go and tell your son or daughter that they don't have the fast twitch brain fibers to be a investment banker or attorney, surgeon or oil executive
Breds, prior to 1988, there was not widespread competing by east Africans on the international stage. There were the odd brilliant kenyans like kip keino and henry rono and the ethiopian maritus yifter, but athletics was not taken that seriously or as organised (ask any kenyan). In fact there were no kenyan or ethiopian women in the olympics until 1992! have a look on youtube. Now they dominate the distance events. So are you tell me that is a coincidence? In 20 years, 2 nations that never even entered women in distance events, now dominate and it has nothing to do with genetics. Yeah right!

How the hell does being a banker or surgeon come in to this? Did I say anything intelligence, desire and ambition?

Well sir, if you are from west african descent, go and tell your son he can run 3 minutes and 29 secs for the 1500 meters if he trains and puts his mind to it.

I am not backing the chinese and the british athlete. The hurdles are technical events and that lessens the advantage (hence why Pearson and van zyl do well and much kudos to them). Do you really think that these athletes would be as dominant in the flat events? If they could, I guarantee they would. Their coaches know this, but apparently you do not.

Britain won their first medals in a men's distance race at the olympics or worlds last week. Who won them? Mo Farah, a somalian, gentically east african. This is britain, where i live. Distance running has a long tradition and is taken very seriously. David Moorcroft actually held the WR for 5K before the east africans came on the scene. Is Farah's gold and silver an eerie coincidence?

I was at the national senior champs in trinidad last month. The winner of the men 1500m won it in 4 min 10 secs. You would not even get a medal in a women international event with that time. What, our middle and long distance runners don't train hard enough? A 15 year old top kenyan runner, will 'jog' 3 mins 50 secs. There is no way, he would have been able to train for a middle distance event at that age, that is 20 secs better that our current champion. If he was not born with that ability, well its rather strange!   

Anyway, Hitler theories was based on racism. The aryan race was meant to be superior full stop. In sports (all events), in strength, in intellect. That is crap. I have not said that black people are superior full stop, because, I have said that west africans could never dominate the distance events. Nor have i said that ethipians are the smartest people on the planet.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Do you know an Ethiopian won the Olympic gold medal in the marathon in 1960, way before your Youtube generation??!!
Do you know that Kenyan women have been running distance events at CWG levels wayyyy before 1992??

And I know 4 years ago, based on your conjecture you would have never thought a Chinese man would have won the Olympic mens 110 hurdles that the USA has all but ruled since the modern Olympics. So what you telling me, black people too stupid to win technical events like the hurdles?? (which by the way they have been winning since Jesse Owens days). Sounds like the rhetoric in 1970s Alabama that a black football player can't have the intelligence to be a QB.

Considering Farah and British distance running - where does he train, in East Africa? Why did he with his Ethiopian genes not dominate 2 years ago, maybe because he now has a latin coach in Alberto Salazar? Couldn't be just his genes that cause him to win all of a sudden - hmmmm?

Ever heard of Gordon Pirie (1956 Oly 5000m silver medallist), Jimmy Wilson (1920 Oly 10000m bronze medallist), Sam Ferris (1932 Oly marathon bronze), John Rimmer, Arthur Russell, Percy Hodge, Chris Brasher (1900, 1908, 1920, 1956 Oly gold medallists in the 3000m steeplechase)?? all British, and you say you living there and you don't know this?? - hmmmm?

As you said, Kenyans only got good later on, actually it started in the late 1960s when an Irish priest Brother Colm started training them in Eldoret in the Rift Valley, so it is entirely possible that if Europeans have succeeded and now East Africans have done so, why not West Africans or Caribbean athletes in the distances. If your genes conjecture is right, why is it that South and Central American athletes also excel in distances and actually dominate the distance walking events along with Russians - hmmmm?

Regarding Hitler's claim of supremacy being solely racial in foundation read this: "In Nazi Germany, a so-called mixed marriage of an "Aryan" with an "Untermensch" was forbidden. To maintain the purity of the Germanic master race, eugenics was practiced. In order to eliminate "defective" citizens, the T-4 Euthanasia Program was administered by Karl Brandt to rid the country of the mentally retarded or those born with genetic deficiencies, as well as those deemed to be racially inferior".
Racial inferiority is based on genetics, how can you separate the 2 in an argument - ehhhh?

By purporting that people of African descent are more apt to excel in sprinting because of genes is as racial a statement as Hitler's. If that were so, why the hell half of the planet's fastest men were watching Lemaitre bambsy hole in both the 100m and 200m finals??? Ehhh??? and he only now start to learn about sprinting - hmmm?

The point is (and I assume) my west african descended brother, just as you support a conjecture that only one group on our planet can excel in a given field, you also infer that others cannot, including blacks in fields other than athletics. So just as you said "a white man aint ever going to win the 100M at the olympics ever again", you sound EXACTLY like a client I had in West Texas in 2008 who said "a black man could never be intelligent enough to win and be the President of the United States". So please do tell your kids and your neighbor's kids (whether chinese, indian, syrian, white, latin, african) that they can be anything they aspire to be, and never to let anyone tell them what they can and cannot do.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 11:34:33 AM by STMB »

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2011, 12:42:16 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Do you know an Ethiopian won the Olympic gold medal in the marathon in 1960, way before your Youtube generation??!!
Do you know that Kenyan women have been running distance events at CWG levels wayyyy before 1992??

And I know 4 years ago, based on your conjecture you would have never thought a Chinese man would have won the Olympic mens 110 hurdles that the USA has all but ruled since the modern Olympics. So what you telling me, black people too stupid to win technical events like the hurdles?? (which by the way they have been winning since Jesse Owens days). Sounds like the rhetoric in 1970s Alabama that a black football player can't have the intelligence to be a QB.

Considering Farah and British distance running - where does he train, in East Africa? Why did he with his Ethiopian genes not dominate 2 years ago, maybe because he now has a latin coach in Alberto Salazar? Couldn't be just his genes that cause him to win all of a sudden - hmmmm?

Ever heard of Gordon Pirie (1956 Oly 5000m silver medallist), Jimmy Wilson (1920 Oly 10000m bronze medallist), Sam Ferris (1932 Oly marathon bronze), John Rimmer, Arthur Russell, Percy Hodge, Chris Brasher (1900, 1908, 1920, 1956 Oly gold medallists in the 3000m steeplechase)?? all British, and you say you living there and you don't know this?? - hmmmm?

As you said, Kenyans only got good later on, actually it started in the late 1960s when an Irish priest Brother Colm started training them in Eldoret in the Rift Valley, so it is entirely possible that if Europeans have succeeded and now East Africans have done so, why not West Africans or Caribbean athletes in the distances. If your genes conjecture is right, why is it that South and Central American athletes also excel in distances and actually dominate the distance walking events along with Russians - hmmmm?

Regarding Hitler's claim of supremacy being solely racial in foundation read this: "In Nazi Germany, a so-called mixed marriage of an "Aryan" with an "Untermensch" was forbidden. To maintain the purity of the Germanic master race, eugenics was practiced. In order to eliminate "defective" citizens, the T-4 Euthanasia Program was administered by Karl Brandt to rid the country of the mentally retarded or those born with genetic deficiencies, as well as those deemed to be racially inferior".
Racial inferiority is based on genetics, how can you separate the 2 in an argument - ehhhh?

By purporting that people of African descent are more apt to excel in sprinting because of genes is as racial a statement as Hitler's. If that were so, why the hell half of the planet's fastest men were watching Lemaitre bambsy hole in both the 100m and 200m finals??? Ehhh??? and he only now start to learn about sprinting - hmmm?

The point is (and I assume) my west african descended brother, just as you support a conjecture that only one group on our planet can excel in a given field, you also infer that others cannot, including blacks in fields other than athletics. So just as you said "a white man aint ever going to win the 100M at the olympics ever again", you sound EXACTLY like a client I had in West Texas in 2008 who said "a black man could never be intelligent enough to win and be the President of the United States". So please do tell your kids and your neighbor's kids (whether chinese, indian, syrian, white, latin, african) that they can be anything they aspire to be, and never to let anyone tell them what they can and cannot do.
You clearly did not read my post properly. Did an ethiopian woman win the marathon in 1960? For cultural reasons east african were not on the olympic or world champs scene. Susan Sirma of kenya was the first black african woman to win a medal at the olympic or world champs in 1991.

Lemaitre is one man- the first white man to go under 10 secs. There is bound to be the odd one who will come about every so often. That is a statistical fact. Where were the other white competitors in the sprints? Are you so stupid to believe that my theory suggests that no white man will ever beat a black man in a sprint? I am sure that Lemaitre will kick my ass in a sprint! I do know that Lemaitre will never have the WR-fact.

All your examples was from back in the day. Check the times those guys ran and what they are running now. Those guys would probably not even make the finals today!

I am not inferring anything outside sprinting and distance running, you are. How the hell you can equate people voting for you to be a president with athletics, is beyond my comprehension. George Bush jr was a 2 term president and that certainly had nothing to do with his intelligence! The guy was an idiot.

Anyway, you are entitled to you opinion and me mine. I will return next year at each medal ceremony of London 2012 with a medal table. I already know what it would look like, even if you do not. 'West africans' will dominate the sprints and 'East' africans will dominate the middle and long distances. Everyone else will battle for medals in the hurdles and field events.

Some research for you:
http://charismaallover.wordpress.com/2008/02/18/genetics-cause-black-athletes-to-run-faster-and-do-better-than-white-athletes/
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 12:49:17 PM by behind-de-bridge »

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2011, 01:02:33 PM »
All I ask you partner is COME OUT...from "behind de bridge"

It only takes one white man to disprove all that you say. Alan Wells beat Silvio Leonard, Borzov beat all the Americans, even after black men had established dominance in sprinting as far back as the 1930s.

You are the one who ask me to check back my facts on "Youtube", but when I quote facts from my generation i.e. the "library" you start asking why I bringing up old facts - facts are facts, Farah was not the first Brit to win a distance medal, admit when you are wrong, and move on, I have in previous posts.

With your kind of thinking, just when them fellas stop looking for Lemaitre in the final, that's when he will most likely surprise all of them. It happened with Wells

Never say never, breds - anything can play - ent you wishing TT will make 2014 world cup??????.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 02:11:01 PM by STMB »

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2011, 01:21:55 PM »

It only takes one white man to disprove all that you say. Alan Wells beat Silvio Leonard, Borzov beat all the Americans, even after black men had established dominance in sprinting as far back as the 1930s.

You are the one who ask me to check back my facts on "Youtube", but when I quote facts from my generation i.e. the "library" you start asking why I bringing up old facts - facts are facts, Farah was not the first Brit to win a distance medal, admit when you are wrong, and move on, I have in previous posts.

With your kind of thinking, just when them fellas stop looking for Lemaitre in the final, that's when he ill most likely surprise all of them. It happened with Wells

Never say never, breds - anything can play - ent you wishing TT will make 2014 world cup??????.

OK, take win...Farah won Britain's first medals in a men's distance race at the worlds last week.

Im trini, so of course I wish we could make it to brazil. But wishing and the cold hard facts are 2 different things.

And I disagree....one white man winning the olympic final will not disprove my theory. However, if 8 white men are in the final, just like 8 'west africans' has been in the final since 1988, then i will accept that I am wrong.

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2011, 01:51:33 PM »

With your kind of thinking, just when them fellas stop looking for Lemaitre in the final, that's when he ill most likely surprise all of them. It happened with Wells

OK, take win...Farah won Britain's first medals in a men's distance race at the worlds last week.

Im trini, so of course I wish we could make it to brazil. But wishing and the cold hard facts are 2 different things.

And I disagree....one white man winning the olympic final will not disprove my theory. However, if 8 white men are in the final, just like 8 'west africans' has been in the final since 1988, then i will accept that I am wrong.

Niceness!!
But you did say "a (as in any/one) white man aint ever going to win the 100M at the olympics ever again"

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2011, 02:10:01 PM »

Niceness!!
But you did say "a (as in any/one) white man aint ever going to win the 100M at the olympics ever again"

And I stand by my prediction. I predict that 'West africans' will finish 1-2-3 in the 100M next year. If it is a level playing field as you suggest, do you care to make a similar prediction that white men will finish 1-2-3, or an ethiopian will win a medal in the 100M? 

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2011, 08:59:23 PM »
First of all, as I suggested earlier, I was musing, hoping for a potential clash of the best athletes!  Whenever we see once in a lifetime performances (and that is just a figure of speech) we want to see competition and dream of who could beat who.  That is the reason I threw out the Kirani James V David Rudisha idea.  To the people who say that a 400/800 double would or could never happen, I reminded you of Juantarena which many of you forgot or were too young to remember. And don't forget that the OLympic commuittee will adjust its schedule, as it has done in the past to accommodate such rivalries.  The schedule was adjusted for Michael Johnson's 200/400 double.  So please, something maybe unlikely, but never say never. 
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2011, 02:53:48 PM »
Doesn’t this youth Kirani look great?! And he’s got a long future ahead at just 19 years of age!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ngVw0jl4tuw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ngVw0jl4tuw</a>

Here is a Kirani question for you guys!

If Kirani was to break MJ's 400m World Record next year and become Olympic Champion and decided he wanted to entertain going for a double, which distance should he double-up the 400m with?
Should it be the 200m or the 800m?

In other words who does he stand a better chance of matching or beating, the Kenyan WR holder David Rudisha at 800m or Usain Bolt the WR holder at 200m?

And I wonder want is currently Kirani’s best 200m & 800m times?  :thinking:
Lets keep in mind he is only going to get quicker and stronger!!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 05:57:58 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2011, 07:03:03 AM »
This is quite funny, everytime I watch this I end up in tears from laughing!!  :rotfl:

A Grenadian Kirani James fan watches World's 400m final live and reacts to him winning gold at the recent World Athletics Championships! I think he is referring to Kirani by his nickname "Jaguar" & either wets himself or spills his drink when Kirani wins, not sure which!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IQSWf93m3CQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IQSWf93m3CQ</a>

Funniest bit is at the end when they cut to a beer commercial!! LOL!!!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 06:22:16 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2011, 07:58:27 AM »
How they celebrated Kirani James World Athletics 400m gold in Grenada!!  :beermug:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/NR/1/v/-lPGvDZ8P80" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/NR/1/v/-lPGvDZ8P80</a>

Think the track they are playing is a tribute song called "Jaguar" by Mr Killa!

Here is full tribute song to Kirani James called "De Jaguar" by My Killa!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dF07jiT06HY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dF07jiT06HY</a>
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 06:21:15 PM by Socapro »

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2011, 04:04:31 PM »
Be careful with these sweeping guarantees about race and who won't do what EVER AGAIN, because you will almost certainly be wrong. Some may forget it was only recently that a white, italian 200m world record which lasted a WHILE was finally taken down, in 1996. That was 15 years ago!

If I had told you last year that a white young 21 year-old frenchman would be 4th in the 100m (and that France would have 2 finalists while we had all of, oh, NONE) and then that same guy would have run 19.80 for 3rd in the 200m at Worlds, soundly beating our lone entrant, you would have been looking for a straightjacket for me. Of all the world class sprinters, Blake included, no-one has MORE upside than Christophe LeMaitre. None. Kirani, Bolt, no one. With no drive phase, his head UP in the air at set, suspect mechanics and a lack of strength, Le Maitre is knocking on 19.7 already - at 21, to go along with his 9.92 100m. How impressive is that? Before Asafa or Bolt, who have not been around 10 years yet, those would have BOTH BEEN JAMAICAN RECORDS!

He is not some flash in the pan, and he has the MOST room for improvement.

Trust me on this one. He will be "Larry Bird" before he is done.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 05:30:32 PM by A.B. »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kirani James in for praises at Grenada's Sports Awards Ceremony
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2012, 07:30:00 PM »
http://www.trackalerts.com/news/lead-stories/6314-kirani-james-in-for-praises-at-grenadas-sports-awards-ceremony

Kirani James in for praises at Grenada's Sports Awards Ceremony
Monday, 02 January 2012 20:05 Press Release

Grenada's Sports Personalities for 2011 will be announced at a ceremony in St. George's on Saturday January 21, 2012.

Grenada’s world 400m champion Kirani James, 400m finalist Rondell Bartholomew, 200m semi-finalist Janelle Redhead and coaches Albert Joseph and Alleyne Francique as well as other top performers for 2011 are expected to attend the ceremony.

Four-time Olympic medallist and Commonwealth Games 100m record holder, Ato Boldon of Trinidad and Tobago will be the guest speaker. Boldon is also a CBS and NBC Sports television broadcast analyst for track and field.

The ceremony will be held at the Spice Basket Grenada (outskirts of the capital) from 7:00 p.m. Grenada (6:00 p.m. ET).

1]; } ?>