March 28, 2024, 07:37:46 PM

Author Topic: Medal Predictor  (Read 2191 times)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Medal Predictor
« on: December 12, 2011, 07:01:40 PM »
This article predicts Trinidad to win 1 medal at the Olympics. Predicts Jamaica to win 14. Certainly down plays Trinidad to a degree.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/london-olympics/medal-table

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Medal Predictor
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 09:20:59 PM »
This article predicts Trinidad to win 1 medal at the Olympics. Predicts Jamaica to win 14. Certainly down plays Trinidad to a degree.

What a load of hogwash, putting T&T down for just 1 medal and a bronze to make it worse!

And they also don't even have Bahamas medalling, ridiculous!!

I say we will bring home at least 4 medals in the London Olympics and don't be surprised if at least one of them is a gold!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 07:53:38 AM »
Yeh we defo getting more than 1 medal lol!

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 11:00:24 AM »

What a load of hogwash, putting T&T down for just 1 medal and a bronze to make it worse!

And they also don't even have Bahamas medalling, ridiculous!!

I say we will bring home at least 4 medals in the London Olympics and don't be surprised if at least one of them is a gold!

Interesting. Many are saying that T&T should have their best Olympics in 2012. 4 medals will be the most T&T has ever one at a single olympics. 4 medals is pretty realistic. I think JG and WD (the 110 junior record holder) will be the ones who decide if T&T leaves with 3, 4 or 5 medals.

I heard that WD is the real deal. I like that not much is being said about him now. He can certainly can pull off that 1st 110mh medal for T&T. Here is my list of realistic medal contenders for T&T:

KAB (womens 100m)
JL   (womens 400mh)
JG   (mens 400mh)
(womens 4X100)
(mens 4x100)

Here is my list of possible medal contenders

WD (mens 100mh)
(mens 4x400)

Sorry to say, but I do not see any Trinis in that 100m mens final. I hope I am wrong. If everything goes as planned, (NAAA?, JG, WD), T&T can leave with 5-7 medals. This might be wishful, but talk to any Yardie and they will tell you that JA will win about 15-18 medals in London.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 04:48:24 PM »
There are 3 ingredients for medals in London. The athletes, the NAAA, Ministry of Sport. If none of them are in harmony, GUAVA SEASON!!!!!!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 07:48:08 AM »
Greneda probably stand a better chance of winning a gold medal in London than TT. But is prognostication!!!!!

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 11:33:11 PM »
What exactly is there to get upset over?

Let's look at the last TEN Olympic Games

In '08 we got two,'04 one, '00 two, '96 two, '92 none, '88 none, '84 none, '80 none, '76 one, '72 none.....

This prediction of 1 seems "insane" to some of you? Really? I mean, we on a nice streak now of 4 Olympics with medals in a row, but let's not get carried away.

BORN TO DO IT

1]; } ?>